Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More

Hey everyone, Happy Friday!!!

Well I still have been back and forth of what beans to pop next and I still haven't made a decision. Last night I hung my new carbon filter/scrubber in the tent. I had a can-lite filter in their previously which was amazing and lasted probably 2-3 years. I had a hard time finding one locally to order so I ended up buying a "active air" carbon one. Active air seems to make good fans, so I am hoping their scrubber is also of good quality. The last flowering cycle was way too smelly for my liking, even though its legal, i still don't like to offend any curious neighbors or passerbys so it was time. Got it for a great price too :)

Still waiting on my order of blue bubba and chocolate thai to arrive. Generally hazeman is pretty quick with the orders so I probably will write him later today just to see if it was sent out yet.

When I was talking to Hazeman about the blueberry i bought from him before, he told me he also had a hard time finding a good pheno from it, which is why he sent me DJ Shorts blueberry as he said I might have better luck with the originals instead of Hazemans blueberry. He didn't go into detail of how he made his, or anything but he also said he had a tough time finding a good pheno, so it must be one of those strains that maybe the blueberry traits (smell, terps..etc) are based on recessive genes or something. This makes me wonder how it would breed with other strains, and if maybe by crossing it with others, maybe it would pass on some of these qualities or not, or if it would be a waste... so I might hold of on the blueberry for now.

I have really been considering the durban poison, fruity pebbles OG, Chocolate thai (still to arrive), and Gods Gift. I really like my GDP which is why the fruity pebbles and gods gift both are in the potential next ones, as they both have GDP as a parental line. Once I hear back from hazeman on when my order will be sent, then I will make a decision since I really would like to have the seeds cracked by next weekend at latest.

I took clones last weekend of all my "mothers" which are in root riot plugs and a humidity dome right now. I would say by next weekend they are going to be ready for soil, so I also bought some new Ocean Forest soil, to add to my promix blend, and some worm castings. I would have gone with another bale of Promix, but the hydro shop had Ocean forest on sale for $10 a bag, so I couldn't pass up the sale, as generally each bag is like $16-20. I got 2 :)

Anyhow, still haven't decided on which to run... and still waiting to hear if I will be able to have a few of Hazeman's "private stock" to work with, because if that is the case I requested Malawi Gold, Bangi Haze F9 and Apollo 13 F4 and if he sends me all or even 1 of those, then most likely it will be what I run next.

Google all 3 of these strains when you have a chance... very impressive landraces and flavor profiles. :)

That's good info on the BB! I have a pack of Hazeman's BB and now, not as anxious to pop them! Although, even if I was anxious, I've got so much going on now, it would still be at least a year before I got to them! :rofl:

Gods Gift is great, don’t think you’ll be disappointed with that choice. Since this thread seems to enjoy genetics and history, figured you might like this - supposedly the original AJ Sour D mother. Just in case anyone was wondering what a 28 year old indoor mom ‘might’ look like :)

186875B1-3676-4A20-894F-E981DD75BD3A.jpeg

Hey everyone.... so I made the choice... and......

I have popped the Bangi Haze F9 Seeds and they will be my next seed project following the sour grapes!

I'm super excited for the Bangi Haze F9's, as they are quite stable, have quite a bit of landrace and skunk genetics in them, and grow some huge donky wonkers of buds...

Plus I think with their flavor of being lemon/citrus and a 100% sativa soaring high, I know they will pair well with quite a few of my OG's and even my trainwreck :) Super excited!!!

Bangi Haze should be a winner all around!

Yea it seems to be quite a nice strain, 100% sativa, its an F9 so it should breed fairly true and I am hoping to see some hybrid vigor when I cross it to private reserve og, as Private reserve is one of the most true breeding OG's according to phylos galaxy/genomics.

It grows huge and has a supposedly lemon citrus flavor, and has a good resistance to cold and mold which will hopefully also breed true into the progeny, so really hoping for some interesting strains.

I really want to start incorporating land race and older genetics into some of the new strains, as so many of the cannabinoids, terpenes and other goodies have been selectively bread out of the genepool due to many years of breeding without knowing about these other hidden goodies :)

Super excited about this one :)

Wooohooo! sounds like fun. Are you going to start a new journal?

I was actually thinking about this yesterday myself, we must have been on the same vibration wavelength :) I most likely will since this one is so long. I was thinking about calling it something like Icemud and the Mother Chuckers Paradise LOL

Yea it seems to be quite a nice strain, 100% sativa, its an F9 so it should breed fairly true and I am hoping to see some hybrid vigor when I cross it to private reserve og, as Private reserve is one of the most true breeding OG's according to phylos galaxy/genomics.

It grows huge and has a supposedly lemon citrus flavor, and has a good resistance to cold and mold which will hopefully also breed true into the progeny, so really hoping for some interesting strains.

I really want to start incorporating land race and older genetics into some of the new strains, as so many of the cannabinoids, terpenes and other goodies have been selectively bread out of the genepool due to many years of breeding without knowing about these other hidden goodies :)

Super excited about this one :)
Went for the heart eyes, but wasn’t feeling it so went back to the thumbs up. This comment serves to tell you I like this post more than a thumbs up, just not as much as heart eyes :)

alright everyone...

I did it!!! Here it is!!! my new journal!!!

Please join me over their for a continuation of the sour grapes project and the upcomming bangi haze F9 project.

Icemuds Breeding Projects and Motherchucking Pollenation extravaganza!!!

420 Mods, feel free to move this journal over to completed :)

Back
Top Bottom