Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More

I got a sample of Sundae Driver last week and I was impressed!

It's FruityPebblesOG x GrapePie. It had a very nice humming rush, but much brighter than I'm used to in an OG. Nice clean fade, too.

:bongrip:
First - Ice, great job dude. I vote for Chocolate Thai, would love to see what you do with it.

Second - Sundae Driver is definitely a guilty pleasure for me. Checks almost every box for a strain - insanely frosty buds with a tint of purple, smells fruity on the nose than ultra skunky on the grind, tastes great, light warm stone that you can still get around on.

I meant to mention that @neikodog has said that DJ's Blueberry was probably the worst strain he has ever ran. I forget the exact reasons but I think it was basically terpless with no trichs. I was disappointed to hear this because I wanted to run it at some point.
Yeah idk about all that...

I meant to mention that @neikodog has said that DJ's Blueberry was probably the worst strain he has ever ran. I forget the exact reasons but I think it was basically terpless with no trichs. I was disappointed to hear this because I wanted to run it at some point.
It could have been other reasons but I know he has half of the pack left and won't even run it. He definitely mentioned it being one of, if not, the worst strains he has run.
Well now hold on, I may have spoke too soon.

If he bought the seed packs recently, maybe that’s accurate. Upon deeper research aka a text message, I’m hearing he lost his old genetics stock.
I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I would think Hazeman has the older genetics and it may not be a bad idea to check, especially if Brother Neiko popped multiple seeds.

Wow that is quite the collection!

I thought the real DJ Short BB was gone?

Hashplant
Chocolate thai
Fat Purple
Gods Gift
Laniakea - I think I have a few of these and have never heard the genetics or seen a pic. I think they are Fem? I would probably grow them at the same time you do If you choose to pop these.

I found this somewhere:
Here is what I recently learned about Laniakea:

It's a strain created by "XXXXX" (ex-420 member, you know well). He had a good male of TGA's Jack Skellington and crossed that with his best cut of his own OPP (forum cut GDP (Ken's cut from BID) x Forum cut GSC). It's a proven 20%+ strain with Iron Labs testing it at 22.3% total cannabinoids.

3 definitive phenotypes. #1 was a favorite in veg due to color, structure and vigor. The #3 has really dark green leaves and slightly wider node-spacing, but also makes fist-sized colas if untopped. The #2 has a cherry pheno in there that is a favorite smoke right now. Like cherry halls drops. All three phenotypes are great resin producers...higher than average on all three. #2 is also the resin champ. Pollen from the #1 reversal was used to pollinate the other 2 varieties. So this is an actual IBL.

Cheers,

Wow that is quite the collection!

I thought the real DJ Short BB was gone?

Hashplant
Chocolate thai
Fat Purple
Gods Gift
Laniakea - I think I have a few of these and have never heard the genetics or seen a pic. I think they are Fem? I would probably grow them at the same time you do If you choose to pop these.

I found this somewhere:
Here is what I recently learned about Laniakea:

It's a strain created by "XXXXX" (ex-420 member, you know well). He had a good male of TGA's Jack Skellington and crossed that with his best cut of his own OPP (forum cut GDP (Ken's cut from BID) x Forum cut GSC). It's a proven 20%+ strain with Iron Labs testing it at 22.3% total cannabinoids.

3 definitive phenotypes. #1 was a favorite in veg due to color, structure and vigor. The #3 has really dark green leaves and slightly wider node-spacing, but also makes fist-sized colas if untopped. The #2 has a cherry pheno in there that is a favorite smoke right now. Like cherry halls drops. All three phenotypes are great resin producers...higher than average on all three. #2 is also the resin champ. Pollen from the #1 reversal was used to pollinate the other 2 varieties. So this is an actual IBL.

Cheers,
Duggan grew them out here ------> Duggan Does Lilly & Laniakea With DBHBB: One Kit, Two Pots, Four Plants if you want to check them out and see what they look like. I have a few seeds but have not had a chance to grow them out,

First off congrats on the successful seed project bud! All sorts of gems sitting there for you! I did not realize Hazeman had a FPOG offering. I have been looking for an FPOG to run. I ran FPOGxWedding Cake and I am less than impressed that I decided to drop it from rotation. The first time I ran it she threw bananas. The second time she did not even have 1 come out! This was of course after I did not clone her and had already decided to let her go.

So long story short I would run the FPOG and I would like to see the 88G13/HP get run. I thought you were going to run CSI's PTK after the Sour Grapes though and are you still planning to do a flower run?

The FPOG is from his private stock I believe, he sent it to me as well as a couple other packs of private stock after we had chatted for a while. I don't know if it's available though on the open market.

So I'm undecided on my next run.. part of me wants to stick to doing the CSI PTK, but I have sooo many killer genetics just waiting to be popped its really going to be a hard call. Also, I really miss having some of my own buds to smoke on, so not sure how I am going to accomplish all of the above... I had a 3rd tent going for a while where I was able to manage 2 flowering and 1 veg tent, but right now just have so many different "mothers" its really hard to manage that many all at different stages, in small imperfect environments.

I may still do the CSI PTK next, but its not set in stone yet. I still do want to "chase that pine" so who knows.... I also would love to run that 88G13HP too... ive been itching ever since I got it... I have about 2 weeks before I have to make a decision, but probably will make one by next weekend. I'm awaiting to hear if I am allowed access to some Bangi Haze F9s and if I am granted that, I most likely will run those next since they are absolute beasts, and I really don't have any hazes in my garden, other than my trainwreck which I believe may have a slight percentage of haze in it.

Decisions decisions :)

I got a sample of Sundae Driver last week and I was impressed!

It's FruityPebblesOG x GrapePie. It had a very nice humming rush, but much brighter than I'm used to in an OG. Nice clean fade, too.

:bongrip:

Yea I definitely like hearing that :) I looked up the photos and some of the "reports" on FPOG and definitely it has me very intrigued. It will get ran in the next few runs if not this next one... :)

I took a bunch of clones of my "mothers" last night, and while I was busy working I was listening to this panel discussion on Analytical breeding and some of the things that are current, past and yet to come. Some good topics are talked about and much of it I was already aware of being that I work in the industry, but was overall some good info....

Daaaamn you Ice. Your casual seed vault is too much for simple folk like me.
All I can say If the 88G13HP has Pennywise excited to see it. It's a go to plant for this heavy weight smack down!

And congrats on finding some keepers in your Deep Chunk Hunt. Great details on the terps they produced, sounds like an ass rattler of a strain. I am curious if you've come across any strains with a heavy menthol smell before?

I know this was a bit ago but I found some recent quotes from Neiko about his Blueberry.

The few I did from DJ all smelled like Blueberry in flower but lost it immediately after harvest. I tested them and the highest one was like 10% THC. I wouldn't mind that if the blueberry taste was there. This Dutch Passion version wasn't tested but I'd have to say it's one of the most potent strains I have on hand. It's flavor is excellent (just not blueberry) and I think people are going to really like this one. My plan was to drop a new blueberry seed at every seed drop until I find that "keeper".
From what I've seen White Widow or Black Widow is all about the selection. I'll probably start 3 and if I don't find anything good I'll probably move on but if I find something that is promising I'll keep looking. Kinda like my blueberry hunt, multiple useless plants from DJ Short's blueberry and I quit looking. 1 incredible Dutch Passion Blueberry but not what I'm looking for because it doesn't taste or smell like blueberries but I will definitely keep looking there.

I know this was a bit ago but I found some recent quotes from Neiko about his Blueberry.
It’s funny, after this thread I thought about it and realized I haven’t smoked blueberry in a long time. Just not something I really look for, but assumed was widespread and around. I’ll have to hunt around in SoCal and see if anything’s around. I know Cannabiotix has original blueberry, and everything I’ve ever tried from those guys is incredible. Wish I knew them.

Edit: and just in case any of you are part of that team or friends with them... would you like to be my friend? I’m funny, decent at cleaning, not too prideful to buy everyone coffee. Just lmk.

It’s funny, after this thread I thought about it and realized I haven’t smoked blueberry in a long time. Just not something I really look for, but assumed was widespread and around. I’ll have to hunt around in SoCal and see if anything’s around. I know Cannabiotix has original blueberry, and everything I’ve ever tried from those guys is incredible. Wish I knew them.

Edit: and just in case any of you are part of that team or friends with them... would you like to be my friend? I’m funny, decent at cleaning, not too prideful to buy everyone coffee. Just lmk.
I do not know who Cannabiotix is bud sorry. I have a buddy that grew Blueberry outside for about 5 years. It grew to be hugs and put out long purple spears, smelt and tasted like floral berries when dry too. The guy he always got cuts from accidentally gave him his last cut one year and he did not winter it. Since then I have not seen a solid blueberry. I asked the guy he got cuts from if he remembered who bred it and he had no recollection. I was bummed, I really wanted to find that pheno for myself after I started growing.

Back
Top Bottom