Jahmid - 1st Time Grow - Autos - Greenhouse - UK - 2015

IMG_0041100.JPG

IMG_0042103.JPG

IMG_004397.JPG

IMG_004499.JPG

Can you see them now?

Thanks!

They are able to get rid of the shell naturally. Millions of years of evolution has got that issue well sorted out. The times I've tried to pick it off I've usually done more harm than good. Generally the reason they die young is because they rot from being in growing medium that's too wet. It should just be very slightly moist, and warm. I hope they pull through.

Thanks guys, yeh think I need to roll up a fat one and leave them alone :tokin:

Ill post up some more photos when they are looking a bit more healthy.

Are you sure the soil isn't too wet though? It's the soil that's a few inches down that matters. If the pot feels heavy ( compare it to how a pot full of dry soil feels ) it is too wet. Hard to say what to do if it is wet down there, they don't always transplant that easily at this stage- though it's pretty much the only option if the soil is wet. But maybe it's fine and just growing a little slow.

And so the knowledge gets passed down :)

I've just been and checked the soil again, poked my finger a few inches down. It is slightly damp, airy, and warm. To me the soil seem fine.

I think transplanting at this stage may be too much for me to handle, I think, maybe I should not water them tomorrow, let them dry out a bit during the day?

What do you think?

If it's slightly damp - don't water it until it really needs it. A pot with a tiny seedling in it like that could go weeks without watering. Anyway- just be aware and careful you don't overwater, and it will be fine :thumb:

So its a week since my last update :ganjamon:

One of my plants seems to be doing just great, she has 2 sets of leaves, and is looking healthy (bar a slight natural bend in one of the first leaves?).

Another is due to sprout any day now, shedding the seed shell as we speak.

The third still not really doing much? Although I can see the stem underneath and it is still green.

The fourth - definitely dead, think I over watered it R.I.P

We live and learn.

The first 3 photos are of the best plant, she seems to be getting substantially bigger on a daily basis now :) The other two are of the other plants, not much to show really.

IMG_005091.JPG

IMG_005176.JPG

IMG_005278.JPG

IMG_005375.JPG

IMG_005476.JPG

Think im just going to play the waiting game with the last 2, as long as I get 2 on my first try, ill be happy.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their help and support, I would be lost without you!

So once again, a few questions.

Can I water the plant with leaves yet? all the pots are completely dry! I have been giving her small amounts of PH adjusted rain water, but my heart is telling me to give her a good old drink? And the same with the other 2, bone dry?

I have also bought some neem oil (tips from jrd's journal, stuff stinks!), and a pack of biobizz outdoor grow nutrients, which includes fish mix, top max, and bio-blood. If I can water them now, shall I use a little bit of fish mix or not? really want to use it!

Peace out, have a good weekend, sound

:lot-o-toke:

Today I noticed that the first 2 leaves have started curling (upwards). You can see it in the photo's, but has curled a lot more over the weekend?

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I've looked online, and I think it could be a deficiency in something?

Cheers guys! I leave the door open all day until the sun goes down, I might start putting the plant outside during the day of it's too hot. See how it goes from there!

Bit of a midweek update, something substantial has happened!

Because the seed casings would not shift, I pulled out the tweezers. One of the fell off straight away, think it was ready to come off a while ago. Its still green and has 2 tiny shrivelled leaves but im pretty sure this plant is dead, ill see if it looks any different tomorrow?

Only half of the casing came off the other plant, not sure whats going on here, again a small amount of green but I think its dead.

The plant that survived seems to be doing well, it is showing plenty of leaves and looks healthy (bar the first 2 leaves which have curled slightly). I gave it its first proper drink yesterday, full flush. It's loving it.

Looking at some more indica seeds on the net now, I know the days are getting shorter, but if I act fast I think I could get another grow on the go before the short English summer is over. Im looking at some critical +2.0 auto seeds. Time to think about a better growing medium! I will still finish my first journal though, whist probably starting another. Think I've caught the growing bug now :lot-o-toke:

Here are some photo's of how things are looking.

IMG_005666.JPG

IMG_005762.JPG

IMG_005861.JPG

IMG_005958.JPG

Hey jahmid, so you caught the growers bug? I think you found the right place to help you with this affliction lol! I think if you get more seeds soon you'll be able to do it before the weather gets really bad Regarding your seedling with the shell still stuck on I would keep it moist as much possible to help it...the drier it gets the harder it will be to fall off. Other's might have a better idea, but I hope it comes off asap as those leaves inside need light...try to help if possible by pulling it a little now & then. Others would simply toss it away (natural selection philosophy) but I would keep going with it unless its taking up needed space & you could easily start another. I had a similar problem with my current auto mazar, the shell didn't come off until I eventually just pulled it off & ruined one of the cotyledon's. It grew very slow for ages but eventually picked up & looks quite good & healthy now albeit small. Good luck
:thumb:

Thanks Sol. Unfortunately, I am officially down to 1 plant, but its doing well! I can smell it already :lot-o-toke: Think my latest hobby is going into the green house every hour or so for a quick whiff.

I just gave it, its first foliar spray of neem oil. Not sure whether to start feeding it nutes yet? Its due another water tomorrow, can I nute yet? If so shall I use BioBizz fish mix, bio blood, or top max? I gave it a cheeky 1ml of fish mix last week, and it seems to be fine?

Heres this weeks photo shoot

IMG_006458.JPG

IMG_006355.JPG

IMG_006252.JPG

Thanks for looking, as allways and tips, advice or criticism welcome!

Peace

Hey jahmid I wouldnt start adding nutes until at least 4 nodes...& then only 1/4 recommended dose to start with. But its looking really good, shame the other's didn't make it. How many days since it sprouted?

Back
Top Bottom