Jahmid - 1st Time Grow - Autos - Greenhouse - UK - 2015

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Been pretty busy, but still doing my best with the plants!

Sol its 8 weeks and 1 day since I planted the cream caramel.

Ive started to grow a trinity kush plant as well which I am going to incorporate into this journal, not to sure I want to be keeping up 2 journals.

First things first, Cream Caramel - Has grown majorly since the last photo! Got some lovely bud sites on her, up until a week ago, all the leaves were looking nice and healthy. The past couple of days, the lower leaves have started to gain small white spots, then larger brown spots. Before turning yellow and starting to die. I thought this would probably be some kind of nutrient deficiency? Even though I have been using biobizz, fish mix, bloom, and top max. I fed her Friday, but no sign of the leaves healing. So yesterday I diluted 1ml of fish mix, 2ml of bloom, and 2ml of top max and fed her again. Haven't really noticed much change yet! Photos below :)

Can anyone help me with this or can identify what's up? I don't want my plant to fail so far on. Im wandering whether I should 'if in doubt flush it out'.

Other than that she's loving life :tokin:

As for the kush plant, its been about 3 weeks since I planted 3 seeds, similar disappointment to the cream caramel as only one sprouted and survived. I think im going to try a different germination method next time!

Here's the photo shoot!

Cream Caramel

IMG_008834.JPG

IMG_008943.JPG

IMG_009843.JPG

IMG_009745.JPG

IMG_009336.JPG

IMG_009438.JPG

IMG_009249.JPG

IMG_009150.JPG

IMG_009039.JPG

On a serious note if anyone can help me out with the leaves I would be very grateful! She looks like she's not got long left, some of the hairs are starting to turn orange (only one or two), starting to wonder if im going to get much bud from her?

Kush :lot-o-toke:
Cant wait for this one to kick off!

IMG_009651.JPG

IMG_009540.JPG

Sorry for the 3 week gap, will keep this up to date from now on!

Peace,

Jahmid

Exactly. Looks like a spilled drop or two of something or other there. Those bottom leaves always (?) die off eventually. Leaves don't heal so any damage is there to stay. Keep an eye out for it spreading but the plants look great.

Cheers guys! You've put my mind at ease.

But im pretty sure I read, if a plants leaves are turning yellow and dying, its usually some kind of nutrient deficiency? All the nutrients that get through, go to the buds and the leaves surrounding them. Leaving the other early leaves to start dying? Im hoping I am wrong, and its just nute burn! I've always been careful when watering/feeding :hippy:

I've noticed it starts with small white dots (which are appearing on leaves further up the stem :/), then the leaves start to get brown spots, before turning yellow, and starting to crumble. Ill have to watch and hopefully they don't spread.

More often than not ive been worried over nothing :lot-o-toke:

Overall this plant has mesmerised me, swear im out there every half an hour just to look at it, or smell it.

If it's spreading to more than just the bottom few leaves then the first place to look would be at the ph. So make sure your ph of everything going in, and preferably out, is in the 6.5 -7 range. The bright splotches look like burn from spilled nutrient or something. Your plant looks healthy and I haven't skimmed back through your journal but you are feeding based on some sort of schedule?

Weasel i know PH is very important, and I've only got the PH strips. Im using rainwater collected in a water butt, which is approx PH 6.0 (I know the strips aren't very accurate though). From looking on the internet, thought it might be a PH problem.

A few days have passed now, and she seems to be fine, everything has stayed as it was. I gave her a blast of neem oil, and another feed. Ive been feeding her a small amount of nutrients every time I water (maybe I should alternate and flush her out too?). At the moment, im feeding 1ml Fish mix, 1ml bio bloom, and 2ml top max. Obviously the amount of feed has slowly increased over time and growth. Starting with 1ml Fish mix when she had 4 nodes.

As its my first grow, I wanted to keep it simple, and cheap. Im going to step it up next year, get a decent PH reader, research more into feeding, better medium, germination techniques, and obviously more plants. Journey so far has been a rollercoaster, cant wait for the finished product!

Thanks everyone for all the input and help!

Peace

I think your doing fine :thumb: I use rainwater too. It has a natural ph of 5.6 -6.0 with variations from pollution (which thankfully I don't have here in Antarctica) and from whatever else the rainwater touches on it's way down, and from the container. That range is a teeny bit low for soil but good for 'soilless' peat moss based mixes like sunshine mix and promix.

Not much to report this week really, she's grown, and seems to be doing fine!

I am starting to think/worry about the harvest though :tokin: Its been around 12/13 weeks now, and I think she's got 3 weeks left tops, maybe 2? Not sure if I should stop feeding her now? Also are there any easy ways of telling when its ready to harvest?

I gave the kush plant its first very small feed of fish mix last night. Think its about to start shooting up now.

The photo shoot:

IMG_011537.JPG

IMG_011438.JPG

IMG_011236.JPG

IMG_011142.JPG

IMG_010942.JPG

IMG_011340.JPG

IMG_011040.JPG

Oh yeh, I know I probably shouldn't, but I cant help rubbing my finger on the leaves. It just smells so good, proper potent! Even when I walk past the greenhouse I keep getting whiffs, love it :lot-o-toke:

Thanks!

Good Morning 420.

During this last week my cream caramel has been showing signs of finishing her life cycle, the vegetative leaves are drying up and starting to die, and she is not drinking so much, and the buds are looking nice :thumb:

Unfortunately, because its my first grow ive been taking things step by step. Doing my research whilst growing. So this morning ive been looking up how to tell when its ready to harvest. Its far to late for me to buy a magnifying scope and get it delivered on time. is there any other way of telling when its at its optimum to harvest, without looking at the trichomes?. I don't want to let myself down on the final hurdle. Im thinking of letting it sit out in the sun today and chopping it down this evening?

The kush plant had its second feed 2 days ago 1ml fish mix and 1ml bio bloom, she loved it! Shes coming along nicely, looks like shes going to be bigger too.

Sorry about the shabby photo shoot, neighbours are in the garden so she has to stay in the tiny greenhouse, not much room to get god photos.

Kush
IMG_012839.JPG

IMG_012740.JPG

Cream Caramel
IMG_011955.JPG

IMG_012248.JPG

IMG_012144.JPG

IMG_012055.JPG

IMG_012349.JPG

IMG_012445.JPG

IMG_012544.JPG

IMG_012644.JPG

Any comments /tips always welcome and thanks for everyone's help along the way, if I could roll up a fat one out of this plant and pass it round I would :lot-o-toke:

Cheers,

Jahmid

Ok so I just went and bought a scope from a ganja shop. So glad I haven't harvested yet!

The trichomes are almost all clear, im looking for the amber trichomes, before I harvest. Looks like ive got a few days left!

Just been reading a really interesting article about the maturity of cannabis and the psychoactive results from the weed you grow, and the triggers of psychosis. Ive learn so much from growing, weed will never be the same again!

I'm glad you got the scope too. I was going to suggest you start flushing - based on what you said about her not drinking anymore. Usually they will really slow down on the water intake at the end.

Jahmid it was you that in the beginning was worried about your 'friendly' neighbor noticing your plants, wasn't it? Someone started a thread asking for advice on that and I thought it was you. If so- how is that situation working out for you- out of curiosity?

Cheers Weasel, ive stopped using nutes and its been flushed twice, its hardly drinking now so ive decided to start letting it dry out prior to harvest.

Ha yes it was me talking about my neighbour :lot-o-toke:

Im pretty sure they know, but they are nice people. I was smoking a fat one at the end of my garden the other day, and the woman next door made a point of saying how smelly it was. She then went on to tell me how she has her own little stash for "late night use", and that her and her husband used to smoke a fair bit :)

We were talking for a bit and I nearly told her about my plant but decided against it. They must know, the plant stinks! Especially on a nice hot day, with low wind :thumb: Ill probably give her a bit when its done, get her mashed.

And now for this weeks post and pics.

Pretty sure my plants got budrot. I feel emotional. Just smoked a joint to calm me down.

The vegetative leaves have started to die off, some of the lower ones ive plucked, purey to let more light in for the lower buds. Ive been checking the trichomes a few times a day, and they seem to be about 70% cloudy 30% clear. I want to hold off for a few amber trich's. But its hard to be patient.

So it rained for 2 days here in the UK. I noticed small droplets of water on some of the leaves, but though nothing of it. Went out today and noticed the leaves around the buds are going purple maybe balck? under the microscope it looks like there are small black spots on the leaves and even inside the trichomes.

Please could someone help me with this? ill be devastated if its mould.

IMG_013044.JPG

IMG_012934.JPG

IMG_013134.JPG

IMG_013229.JPG

IMG_013340.JPG

IMG_013437.JPG

IMG_013535.JPG

Cheers,

Jahmid

Your plant looks awesome. What you're describing doesn't sound like bud rot and I've dealt with a lot of it. I don't see any signs of it but that doesn't mean too much because it usually hides close to the stem inside the bud. It affects the bigger, denser buds first Sometimes you'll see the leaves, which stick out the sides, wilt because their base is rotting.

It starts in humid conditions with no airflow. Also cool temps which tend to go hand in hand with higher humidity.

So any chances to increase airflow will be a huge help in prevention. Removing any unnecessary bushy growth around the buds (I don't see any in the pics), opening up surrounding area next to
plant, putting in a fan, even heating the space to dry it if you are desperate enough and have the means.

Once you get it there's probably not much to do except chop off the part with the rot.
It starts in the middle of the bud usually. Carefully pry apart the natural sections of the bud and inspect it. Sometimes it's hard to see depending on the light. But a grayish off-colour appearance -and a mushy/ rotten feel to that part is what you're looking for. When opening up the bud watch for a small puff of mold spores that comes up.

If you find any- best to either harvest or at least harvest that part and trim off the rot. You won't lose much if you catch it early. Check you plant every day if conditions are damp from the climate. This is a critical time for it to be as dry and have as much airflow as possible. Airflow (basic landscaping/open windows/a fan) can work wonders- but not so much once you already have rot. Good luck!

Cheers Weasel, you put my mind at ease! At least I know what to look for with bud rot now. I only have a small greenhouse and the door is kept open all day so it definitely has good airflow.

So after yesterday's panic, I thought I would post a less rushed update including the Trinity Kush plant :lot-o-toke:

The cream caramel looks and smells real nice, I haven't checked the trichomes today, but will do later. I should imagine I will be harvesting her this week so my next update will of her drying out. Even more Veg leaves drying out now, buds are looking fluffy and frosty. Cant wait.

The trinity kush has shot up since the last set of photo's. The leaves are a lot bigger than the cream, so im expecting it to be taller. Bushy, and looking healthy. Pretty sure this is going to do better than the cream!

Photos below

Trinity Kush
IMG_014237.JPG

IMG_014340.JPG

IMG_014437.JPG

Cream Caramel
IMG_013940.JPG

IMG_013635.JPG

IMG_013838.JPG

IMG_014141.JPG

IMG_013743.JPG

IMG_014037.JPG

Looking pretty purple, glad its not mould :thumb:

Cheers,

Jahmid

So its been about 2 weeks since I last posted anything. Since then I have harvested the cream caramel. I didn't plan on harvesting so soon. I wanted to wait for a few amber trichomes. The weather here in the UK can be crap sometimes. It had been raining for about 3 days straight, I noticed that the inside of my greenhouse had a lot of condensation. After the rain, the sun came out again so I started to inspect my plant, one of the smaller buds at the bottom felt very week. After gently opening up the bud it tore, and was brown inside. I harvested that night. There was one or two other buds that had the same brown colour inside, luckily though most were ok including the big bud at the top!

I hung the weed in a cupboard with the door to the room shut and a fan going. After 3 days it seemed very crisp. So now its sat in the jars curing, i reckon ive got around an ounce, ill weigh it properly in a few days.

So heres the photos. One or two of the bud rot in there. Let me know what you think?

IMG_016735.JPG

IMG_016842.JPG

IMG_016938.JPG

IMG_017037.JPG

IMG_017139.JPG

IMG_017536.JPG

IMG_017645.JPG

IMG_017444.JPG

IMG_017739.JPG

IMG_017849.JPG

IMG_017946.JPG

IMG_018146.JPG

IMG_018440.JPG

IMG_018541.JPG

The kush has been put through its paces too over the last 2 weeks. The snails have been loving it with this wet weather and have been chewing away at the veg leaves (i seem to be checking every hour or so, but i just cant catch the fuckers!). Not only this but i went a bit overboard with the nutes and shes burnt, i suppose they are all lessons for future grows, but its a shame. The kush was looking beautiful 2 weeks ago. Im hoping she survives but its not looking good.

IMG_017238.JPG

IMG_017335.JPG

IMG_016637.JPG

IMG_016537.JPG

IMG_016442.JPG

Thanks for helping me along the way guys! I couldn't have done it without 420!

Heres to next years crop :lot-o-toke:

And wish everyone good luck with their own crops

PS. Ill keep updated for the Kush

Cheers,

Jahmid

Congrats Jahmid. You did an awesome job. +Reps on the grow. Keep an eye on the buds in the jar. A good way to cure is to throw a hygrometer in the jar to measure RH (humidity). It should start at about 70 and get down to 55-62 or so when fully cured. Much above 70 and thu should be taken out and dried more. Just be careful to check those buds over. Pry the bigger ones open and inspect. Bud rot can be sneaky. If you have to- make the big buds into smaller ones. Would be a shame to lose some now. Believe me I have done it. ;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom