Jozo-sha's Getting Grounded - Air Pots, Dirt and OC+

How they doing getting over that def yet?

Yep, totally over it - got a few odd spots on some leaves here and there, but all the new growth since the flip is a healthy and vibrant green. I'll have pics on Sunday or Monday -- things are moving!

:peace:

Well,

Decided to take some pics of two of the plants, up in the kitchen where the lighting is very artificial and very sucky (incandescent). Looks like the bagseed girl has a N or P deficiency? In any event, I'm carrying on. First the two girls, my unknown bagseed and the Sweet Deep Grapefruit:

Dirt_Grows_-_212.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_213.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_214.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_215.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_216.jpg

See that discoloration on the bagseed leaves?? Maybe she's a voracious feeder with an appetite that is not sated yet?:morenutes:

I picked up a couple of things today too, Dr. Earth Bud & Bloom Booster, and 'The Usual Suspects':

Dirt_Grows_-_217.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_219.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_218.jpg

Also hit up a local landscaping garden supply place (run off their property, nice folks) and bought a bag of this compost called DairyDoo :)

They're getting close to watering time again, so I'll stick with 10ml/gal of Cal-Mag in RO/DI water, but I think I'll dress in the Dr. Earth ferts and a tablespoon or so of the compost before watering this time. I think I'll wait until the watering after to start using the Snow Storm Ultra, and according to the label directions, I shouldn't use Gravity until the 4th week of flower.

Any bones to throw my way are surely welcome.

Hi Zombo - just read through your journal. Looks like soil, airpots and OC+ are working really well for you. Such a noticeable health progression in health with your plants. :welldone:

Really glad to see things working out well for you ~ I see you around in some other threads I participate in, and thought I'd sub to your journal. :popcorn:

:goodluck: with the rest of the grow -- can't wait to follow along.

Nice! Wow, they look so much better. You're going to be happy with that compost, bro.:goodjob:

Thanks Doc - they sure made a turnaround in short order; thank you again so much for your advice! :peacetwo:

Zombo,
Things are looking very lush. I might have to try a soil grow in the future.

Yeah, I thought I'd be a hydro grower forever; then I tried soil. This is so dirt simple (no pun intended), anyone could grow good weed for cheap -- and I mean CHEAP. My next evolution may be into working up my own soil mix, with OC+ as a base nute then building it with compost and other goodies :)

Hi Zombo - just read through your journal. Looks like soil, airpots and OC+ are working really well for you. Such a noticeable health progression in health with your plants. :welldone:

Really glad to see things working out well for you ~ I see you around in some other threads I participate in, and thought I'd sub to your journal. :popcorn:

:goodluck: with the rest of the grow -- can't wait to follow along.
Thanks so much Xlr8, welcome to my grow ;) So far, of all the grows I've done, this has been the most hassle free and full of fun! And if how they look now is any indication, I should have a hell of a chop come August :smokin:

Took all the girls out for a 'walk' to the workbench, where they were dosed with from 1/2 to 2 tbsp of the Dr. Earth's BBB, then top dressed with DairyDoo compost. Everyone then got a nice light to medium watering, and back into the Electric Purple Glow of LED - I wonder if I'll see any difference as soon as 24 hours?

Thanks again, all of you that have come by and subbed to my journal; I'll try and do you proud!

Hey bro, is there room for another michigander in here? I read your journal from beginning. It is good to see MI represented here. Love that you are giving soil a chance. We have been in soil from the beginning, and love the taste and results so far. We are using a recipe from a canadian grower of 30 years, simple, and repeatable results, very consistant. 25% FFOF to 75% Promix or Sunshine mix. Our nutes are new on this run. We switched to General Organics vegan line and are very impressed so far. NO need to ph balance, and almost impossible to burn our plants. We have a friend who uses this line and swears by it. His "medicine" is very clean tasting and potent. We feed four days then straight water for one day. We have well water, so no need to dechlorinate or filter. Same aquifer as the the major bottled water plant uses. :) Your plants are looking much better now, hope you get it dialed in and have a great harvest. Excellant strains for both medicine and production. If you have any questions, feel free to pop in. Keep up the great work, and keep em green.

Hey bro, is there room for another michigander in here? I read your journal from beginning. It is good to see MI represented here. Love that you are giving soil a chance. We have been in soil from the beginning, and love the taste and results so far. We are using a recipe from a canadian grower of 30 years, simple, and repeatable results, very consistant. 25% FFOF to 75% Promix or Sunshine mix. Our nutes are new on this run. We switched to General Organics vegan line and are very impressed so far. NO need to ph balance, and almost impossible to burn our plants. We have a friend who uses this line and swears by it. His "medicine" is very clean tasting and potent. We feed four days then straight water for one day. We have well water, so no need to dechlorinate or filter. Same aquifer as the the major bottled water plant uses. :) Your plants are looking much better now, hope you get it dialed in and have a great harvest. Excellant strains for both medicine and production. If you have any questions, feel free to pop in. Keep up the great work, and keep em green.

P.S. You can't go wrong with DocBud on your side!

Thanks so much for coming by my small grow, GMT - it means a lot to me to have veteran and respected growers like you and DocBud check in with me and help me out!

:Namaste:

What's up Zombo

Your ladies are looking good IMO. A good flushing can do wonders for that one that your worried about, once you do that just water and give nutes as regular.. Great job on all your plants and best of luck with your grow!!

What's up Zombo

Your ladies are looking good IMO. A good flushing can do wonders for that one that your worried about, once you do that just water and give nutes as regular.. Great job on all your plants and best of luck with your grow!!

:welcome: L1u!

Tough to flush with OC+ in the soil, you can deactivate them by dropping temps, but that ain't happening! I can't really thing of a single thing I've added to the soil beside OC+ that even has iron and/or zinc in it :helpsmilie:

Molasses? That's a source of iron and zinc...off to the store in the morning!

Thanks so much for the advice! :high-five:

:welcome: L1u!

Tough to flush with OC+ in the soil, you can deactivate them by dropping temps, but that ain't happening! I can't really thing of a single thing I've added to the soil beside OC+ that even has iron and/or zinc in it :helpsmilie:

Molasses? That's a source of iron and zinc...off to the store in the morning!

Thanks so much for the advice! :high-five:

Good point I forgot you use OC+, my bad. I don't like to use time released nutes {personally I like MG, It works good for me and it's cheap}

I hope you figure out what's going on with that lady!

:nicethread:

Super phat leafs
OMG yes...there's some talk in breeder circles that there are actually 3 major cannabis species, C. sativa, C. indica, and C. afghanica. From the pics I've seen, she's a C. afghanica - depending on who's position you take on the taxonomy :bong:

Cannabis afghanica

A subspecies of Cannabis indica that originated in (or near) Afghanistan. Like indica (and unlike sativa), it is a short plant. Unlike indica that can grow to a maximum height of 8-10 feet outdoors, afghanica will only grow to a maximum height of 6 feet. Cannabis afghanica leaves look similar to indica plant leaves, but they are even wider.

The plants have a high cannabinoid content and in Afghanistan they are most often used to produce hashish (rather than marijuana). The hashish from Afghanistan has mainly been produced by hand rubbing (although sieving has a long history in the area).

This may account for the origin of the subspecies. Indica plants being selectively cultivated and mated to produce a subspecies of short plants with a fairly high THC content. Being geographically isolated (over a period of centuries), plants developed certain characteristics that now distinguish Cannabis afghanica from Cannabis indica.

A seed strain that comes from afghanica heritage will usually have afghan, afghani, or something along those lines in its name. For example, afgani haze is a strain that was developed by crossing Cannabis afghanica with haze plants.

Cannabis kafiristanica

A subspecies of Cannabis indica that originated around the Indian subcontinent. Cannabis kafiristanica probably originated from stray Cannabis indica seeds that were utilized for the production of hashish in India and surrounding areas, and grew wild.

Cannabis kafiristanica is not cultivated by marijuana growers. Individual plants may have low, similar, or high levels of THC relative to CBD. Plants with relatively high levels of THCV are also common in Cannabis kafiristanica plants.

Compared with wild Cannabis ruderalis, Cannabis kafiristanica are often taller and more branched. The fruits are usually very small. The flowers of female plants are often elongated, and the fruits drop off the plants as they mature.

Well, well, well...starting to look 'jungly' in the tent:

Dirt_Grows_-_228.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_241.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_230.jpg

The Ell Ess Dees have some odd malady. I'm not fond of the sativa phenotype, so I may just chop it:

Dirt_Grows_-_233.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_232.jpg

Budsites!

Dirt_Grows_-_240.jpg

And Purple Electric Love:

Dirt_Grows_-_237.jpg

Everyone got a watering with molasses and Snow Storm Ultra, and for the most part, they all look very healthy post-compost and Dr. Earth treatment.

Peace.

Looking good!

As far as that Elsd goes, that looks like a classic case of Potassium problems, most likely due to too much magnesium.

Run about 3 gallons of RO with 5ml of Calmag though it....it's OK to PH this flush to about 6.8.

The old growth will not recover, but the new growth will....and all the green is still photosynthesizing.

You'll recover and get some good product!

Back
Top Bottom