LED - High Brix - C'99 - CBD Shark Shock - Afgooey

I don't remember Doc saying topping is bad. I believe he does it all the time. The apical meristem is what we remove when topping. I'm about to do it today...

Ok then,, i am in,, i wanna be aan apical maristem cutter too, please,,,,:cheer:

Doc tops but i believe he doesnt stress the HB plants, LST nor HST either, maybe that lower the brix lvls, not sure you should ask the Doc to be precise.

The CBD shark shock got its first topping today. We'll see what happens :surf:

InstaCollage_1450920036000.jpg

Wow, gonna have to make up a new word for what that was, what you did there,, 'topping' does not seem appropriate somehow,,

Will be watching the affects,, cheers birdie:Namaste:

Hey guys, just dropping by to share the weekly progress. A few toppings and waterings with a 1/4 oz of transplant to each plant happened this week.

C'99 - I ended up topping those two serrated leaves since there had been no new growth out of that area for 2 weeks. Must of got damaged shedding the seed exterior. It bushed out and is growing really fast now. Would have preferred to start training off a higher node but I think it'll turn out just fine.

IMG_20151226_122801.jpg

Afgooey - I topped this plant last night. It had been drying out completely and was just soaked. Leaves should perk up in no time and those growth tips should really start growing.

IMG_20151226_122715.jpg

CBD shark shock - This plant has recovered nicely from the topping a few days ago and the growth tips are growing quickly.

IMG_20151226_122608.jpg

The plants look healthy so I'm going to wait until I have a few more nodes on the plants before starting the drenches and foliar feeding I think. I know Doc mentions starting the foliars and drenches after 5 sets of leaves but after the topping and clean up I'm unsure if that's necessary until I have another 2-3 nodes per side? If anyone familiar with his feeding program has an opinion let me know :Namaste:

The cabinet has been working great, temps fluctuate between 83 (day) and 73 (night) using that fan controller and humidity seems to hold steady around 55. There is a very pleasant aroma when I open the cabinet doors now :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm also growing a few 1 gallon pots of spinach, kale, collards and some leaf lettuces. Harvesting leaves off those plants for some of my meals help offset the darkness and cold outside.

:xmas: Enjoy the holidays with your friends and family.

1/4 oz. of Transplant for EACH plant?

I thought the normal dosage for other feedings was 1 oz of transplant and people have mentioned watering with a 1/4 strength dose with evey watering (7.5 ml). Did I misunderstand?

That 1/4 strength = 1/4 oz. is the total to drench all 6 plants (in 7 gallon pots), I believe.

That 1/4 strength = 1/4 oz. is the total to drench all 6 plants (in 7 gallon pots), I believe.

Thanks for the clarification Pita, I really appreciate it.

I'll make the necessary changes for the next waterings (.2 ml of transplant per 1 gallon pot approximately) or just stick with just water for the next few waterings.?.? Hopefully I'll have enough transplant to finish up these three plants, I've used 1-1.5 oz so far I'd say. :scratchinghead:

Afgooey has perked right up a couple hours after watering.
IMG_20151226_194855.jpg

Question for the fellow brix growers, how many weeks from seed are you waiting before transplanting to the 7 gallon pots? I'm already able to remove the rootball from the 1 gallons as a single mass held together by some beautiful looking roots. I'll take a pic the next time a pot gets dry.

I tend to upcan earlier than others. They're too hard for me to manage in the smaller pots. I move mine from 1.5s into 6 gallons as soon as the rootball holds together, usually around 50-60 days.

There are two ways to measure dosages - per gallon of soil, and per gallon of water.

I raise individual plants, so I feed per gallon of soil, and I've been using 4 ml of drench per 6 gallons. A quarter dose is 1 ml. Tea is one tenth of that - 0.4ml for 6 gallons of soil.

So your 0.2ml measurement looks right inline for a quarter dose in one gallon of soil. :thumb:

I'd go once with just water though, just in case.

For a single plant in a 1 gal. pot, I use a drop of Tea - like 0.1 ml. A full strength drench would 1 ml. The 1/4 strength is 0.25 ml.

When to up-can depends on your strain, goal, training, space size, etc. Typically, it takes my plants two-three weeks to go from one pot to the next: solo cup > 1 gal. > 7 gal. In some cases, (like planting outside) I wait until the plant is fairly root bound and needs water/feeding every two-three days.

Back
Top Bottom