Luxx's very first grow

Oh Oh you have red spider mites they pose a great threat to your grow. I have outbreaks of them. You can use a soap made with neem oil to get rid of them or you can use lady bugs. You can get both a your local garden store.:smokin:
Power a 20 amp line is 2400 watts total so you cfl's shouldn't be over 2200 watts that give you a 200w fudge factor.;)

Hope this helps.:peace:

Pan4

Oh Oh you have red spider mites they pose a great threat to your grow.

great. but i am glad this happened on my mid-grade seeds and not some bank seeds.

SO, i need to find soap with neem oil? i dont need anymore bugs in my apt, so no ladybugs.

AND, once i get the soap w/ neem, do i spray it? add it to water? soil?

i could google this, but incase of a person running into the same problem ill ask.

how come only two plants are effected? affected? (im high so no thinky tonight) no change in 2 days since ive been spraying a 6.5 ph, with trace amounts of plant food, on the leaves lightly. I herd that keeping the leaves moist bugs stay away, or is that some bugs?

btw thanks pan for helpin me out :thanks:

well after i started keeping the plants moist, there are no bugs. So i dont want to start spraying stuff on it if its just temporary.

well i moved my fan a little and went to the bar, when i got back the seedling that was closest to the fan was blew completely over. I propped it back up. the base of the stem seems weak, even though ive kept a fan on them since birth.

went to the store today to price everything i needed, looks like it will be a while before i can get all that i realy need. O well, ill do this grow the cheap way and build up as i go.

I'm glad to see people are discussing cost of electricity and not stealing it like some silly folks do but i guess this being such a good site you wont get people like that.

lol just realized my last post wasn't meant to be posted here.
i had two windows open in my browser and posted on the wrong one.

lol just realized my last post wasn't meant to be posted here.
i had two windows open in my browser and posted on the wrong one.

that explains the reply. lol.

Going to get stuff to make my vegging light, 8 26w cfls 6500k temp. Also a peice of luanne board or partical board to mount to, so it will be light enough for chains.

new pics tomorro!

Sounds awesome :) I think the cfl's work much better than fluro's i had in veg...and for now it is all i us:rollit:e in flower room...next grow will use hps for sure when flowering
CFL=Compact Fluroscent Lamp
FTL(as you cal fluro)=Fluroscent Tube Lamp
Its same, just couple of difrences:
  1. Size
  2. Compact-ably
  3. CFL's allmost all-times are self ballasted, fluros not.
  4. And socket type
so the point i want to tell is that cfl's and fluro's are same think, with diffrent forms,colours,wattage's,socket's...So example:
cfl_and_fl.jpg

Now is the question for you...
Look to picture and tell would it be some diffrence if those cfl's would be 6500 k., 20 watt's each.,those Fluro's would be 6500 k., 40 watt's each.?

So look there would be 2x 120 w 6500k fluroscent light systems, this wouldnt be any diffrences...[it would be offcourse...but so little,-thats nothing... ]

Hope it helps you to understand it. :yummy::ganjamon:
GL!

well i put in the 6500s, the light difference is crazy, i would have never known.

so if i am pushing 8 6500s 100w equivalent, would it hurt to add in the 6 2500s?

got a bag of perlite today, need to mix up some medium for transplant.

what are considered nodes? my biggest plants have around 7-8 leaves after day 7 and are 3 inches tall :D Cant wait to see what the new lights are gonna do.

woo, pic update time, here we go-

P1012300.jpg

new lights

P1012301.jpg

P1012302.jpg

P1012303.jpg

P1012304.jpg

P1012307.jpg

P1012308.jpg

P1012309.jpg

P1012310.jpg

P1012311.jpg

P1012313.jpg

P1012316.jpg

P1012317.jpg

whats wrong with this one.....
P1012318.jpg

and this one.
P1012319.jpg

P1012320.jpg

P1012321.jpg

so there you have it. check them over and tell me what you think.

Man with lights now,... is all ok!
But you got one new little problem.
If be would look to plants like this...:
P1012313.jpg

We shall see that they are overwatered little bit...
Dont spook to much, at the time is only little over water...
Just take more attention about that !
As we here saying: Man Suspend the horses! :cool:
And soil looks very watered, i know that if you will over water plant will grow much more slowly then if normal....only for clones in first need much more water. So luxx! go go go!! :cheer::cheer:
--------------------------------------------------------------
btw is that all overright?:
P10123001.jpg

Btw: you can put that lights close, just then took more atenttion to plants because they will start to grow little bit faster and distance before plant top and bulb will disapear fast too...

hey cigo, i move the lights every day, the rule of thumb i use is when i place my hand between plants and light i make sure i can leave my hand there for a min without it being uncomfortable. But this is only a temp setup. I will be moving to a new grow cab soon. Gotta save up the money.

I took these pics about 15 mins after i transplanted into larger containers, so the soil may look a little wet, and before i wasnt using perlite so my soil dryed up every day, so i watered it to keep it moist. Since i added the perlite to my mix, i wont water as much.

So the yellow lower leaves, and the drooping of the leaves are caused by overwatering?

And i also have 2 6500s not seen in pics with a total of 8 6500 and 1 3500.

thanks again cigo :cool:

well i moved everything around into another temp cab.

check out new pics. i wonder how long this old bathroom sink cab will work. Eh, its better than my table in a closet that stays around 85-90 deg f.

P10123002.JPG

P10123021.JPG

P10123031.JPG

P10123041.JPG

P1012305.JPG

P10123121.JPG

P10123131.JPG

P1012314.JPG

sorry about posting so many pics, i just wanted more eyes on them besides mine so see if im missing anything.

i ran out of soil and planters, i need to find more, will do that today, the front 4 need a new home bad.
Well everyone have a good day.

where the plants used to be in those treys i couldnt really tell, plus i didnt pick them up any before. now i will move each one on each watering.

does misting them to get some droplets on the leaves count with the over watering?

point is that the overwatering in your grow isnt big, just a little...which shouldnt be big damage but remember if your soil dry fast that means your soil will dry at the top first so when you think its time to water check lower levels of the soil, for overwatering problems!Green luck man!

well i waited 48 hours to water and the plants dont look like they are doing much. no new growth, nothing. when i did water i used a small amount. Gonna start on construction of the new grow cab as soon as i get some time out from drinking and doing stupid stuff i did when i was a a kid.

still out of dirt. i need to x-plant 7 more into larger containers.

if only i had someone to help me fund this grow, it seems like im neglecting a living thing and i am getting discouraged. I wonder if i should just scrap my plants and try again when i am able.

i think ill just scale down the grow to 4 plants or so, so i can be a little more intimante with them. bit off more than i can chew, they might say.

well at least i havent had any deaths in the crop yet. i guess thats a good thing.

did any of you guys feel this way on your first? its kinda overwhelming feeling, im not sure how to feel, but i will continue to grow these plants untill the die.

my plants are on day 10-12, when should i switch to 18/6?
i have been reading about a system that you go directly to 12/12 into the flowering. but thats a whole nother' thread.

posting pics tomorrow..

also i would like to thank all my followers, i would be lost without you. If the grow doesn't succeed then my second one cant fail.

Back
Top Bottom