Luxx's very first grow

pan - i had some MG all purpose blue stuff, i used a very small amount, it said a tbls per g, i put half a tbls in 3g. i need to get some other nutes to feed it with i know.

im getting more hours this week so ill be able to spend some money on my setup.

and since i overwatered, how long should i wait before watering again, should i use distilled water?

well i see some forward progress tonight, the bigger plants are throwing up single fan leaves left and right..

i might be ok.

question, when should i start "super cropping", or lst i think?

text update: one of my plants had a hole in the middle of it. I need to start "weeding" out the bad plants, seeing that i want 5 females going. I flushed the plant and said a preyer. Ok there is still a few good plants in the treys that look promising. i want to plant 4 more into bigger pots, the rest i will discard, that will leave me with around 10 plants, at 50 pct that will be 5 plants at harvest.

Since i dont have much height, im going to go strait to 12/12 and give it budding nutes.
Question, if i do this will i be able to take cuttings from them?

i started 12/12 on june 9th. exactly 15 days into growth from seed. Threw out 6 plants that looked the worst. I still have 15 plants to deal with that look ok, i still have problems, but my hands are tied as far as funds. I waited to water until the edges of the soil separated from the pot. Now i water them every 3 days, on every other 3rd i will feed them 20-30-20 which i havnt been able to find anything close from the local k-mart or lowes, will try home depot and ace hardware Friday.

how useful is having a moister meter?

i will wait till the 12th to take down 2-3 weaker plants then 15th 2-3 more. When i have 10 i will stop.

more pics tomorro night. sorry have to borrow a cam

well, my plants are dieing. i feel like i let them down. I wish i could have seen them grow up and be strong bong hits. I dont know whats going to happen. All the lower leaves are yellow, and look like somthing taking a bite out of a few parts. i might have one plant that doesnt have markings from either nute burn, not enough nutes, or spider mites. Friday i will get somthing to kill the bugs, and a soil tester to see what nutes im lacking/abundent.

News flash. I will be moving the begining of next month. If my babys survive, i will take them with me. Only bad thing about moving with mj plants, it means no help.

Im hoping to get something more suited for growing indoors, like a private basement, garage. (that would be sweet)

I wont let anyone know where i live except my mom and dad, and they dont mind that i smoke/grow. Going to get all my bill switched into my moms name, along with the house. (i know what your thinking if the house gets busted then it will go back on my mother, if thats the case i will fess up and take full blame.) She agrees if im going to do what im doing it wouldnt be expected by her, nor me, but im younger, 26, and cops hate younger people around here. (i dont even drive after 1am because of it) Its all her idea. She doesn't think im safe growing mj in a apt. She likes to do research, so i linked her a few howtos and hownottos. Its weird, my mother quoting people in forums. lol.

Wow, that sucks man...hopefully the next one goes better and if you get the room you want (basement/garage) it should make life a bit easier for ya! Did you ever swap out the MG soil? I don't know that it would cause any problems that soon as the nutes are time release. Too bad you were not able to figure out exactly what the problem was aside from the spider mites. I'll keep an eye out for your next journal though, good luck on the move!

ohhh, journals not over, its making the move with me, you cant get rid of me that easy!:grinjoint:

my 1st soil for seedlings was a k-mart cheap bag of potting soil, then on my second mix i used about 30pct perlite to the same soil (unused soil) then i got a mg moistier control soil, mixed it with 20 pct perlite.

well they are sleeping right now, and i dont want to disturb, pic update soon (its embarrassing)

should i pull the plants out with root and dirt, or transplant root only to a new soil mix?

oddly, the plants are still growing off of the top leaves pretty good, i might save the 4 best ones.

they still have lower leaves that are crisping and turning brown outside of where they turned yellow.

so pan, did you save your crop after using that mg trash? if you did, what steps did you take to fix your problem? Do you know of any links i could goto to see how to properly transplant?

thanks for your help, i will save these plants, i will just have to save more money for the hps.

i got a soil tester today, the results are in, on a scale from very low to high (cheap test)

my ph was neutral
nitrogen = low
phosphorous = high as hell
potash was medium to high

so what does that tell you?

the leaves are so messed up, but the plants continue to grow, ive heard that mj plants are resilient, lets hope so.

picture update tonight, stay tuned.

disregard last post, i tested the NPK wrong, i was in a hurry leave me alone. will test again when i put pics up, i gotta get some smoke in me first. later

pic update, a few look ok, a few not so ok. tested soil the right way, still no new information i can use to find out if i have ph lockout. too many symtoms. well here ya go,

P1012350.jpg

P1012341.jpg

P1012339.jpg

P1012337.jpg

P1012335.jpg

P1012334.jpg

P1012333.jpg

P1012332.jpg

P1012331.jpg

P1012324.jpg

P1012323.jpg

P10123211.jpg

P10123191.jpg

P10123181.jpg

call it what you want, i want to say that they are severely nute burned, other than that they are still alive and growing. i waited 4 days inbetween watering, and changed the color temp of half the cfls. flushing all of them tonight, lets see if i can save them. glad i started with bag seed. next grow i will avoid the avoidable. comments or suggestions welcome!;)

you got me, i went through that chart and had 2 posible answers,

Tips of leaves are yellow, brown, or dead. Plant otherwise looks healthy & green. Stems may be soft >> Over-fertilization (especially N), over-watering, damaged roots, or insufficient soil aeration (use more sand or perlite. Occasionally due to not enough N, P, or K. b)

11) Leaves are light green or yellow beginning at the base, while the leaf margins remain green. Necrotic spots may be between veins. Leaves are not twisted. >> Manganese (Mn) deficiency. b) If not, #12.

12) Leaves are twisted. Otherwise, pretty much like #11. >> Zinc (Zn) deficiency. b) If not, #13.

i flushed them all and removed 5 of the smaller plants for light room. i started them on 12/12 but i think im going to veg since i cant control this problem.

i tested my soil (bad images)
P10123601.JPG

P1012362.JPG

my ph is 7.0 that bad?
the phosphorous is off the charts high, so idk about that...

N and B seem to be fine.

We will figure it out.

7.0 is not excessively high although most of what I've read recommends 6.0-6.8 but even 7.0 shouldn't lock out any nutrients.

You say your P is sky-high...that actually makes sense. Excessive phosphorus can lock out potassium according to the ever-so-useful sticky in the Problems forum!!! That would match up with the flow-chart style thread I linked you to and the symptoms your plants are showing. *does a successful-happy dance* I think I'm going to have another beer now lol (nothing else in my home except rum).

Keep watering with distilled water or whatever you were flushing with and see if it clears up...don't feed it any nutes imho, just water.

so, i flush, wait 4 days or so, flush again, wait 4 days, feed if better. (going to get good food for them) wait 4 days normal water, lst, crop, test soil. all i can know to do right now. hope it works, thanks for sticking with me on that one Neutrino!

Back
Top Bottom