Luxx's very first grow

Dunno about the misting...if the soil is starting to pull away from the walls of the pot then you might want to just for the benefit of the roots. Or are you talking about foliar feeding?

I must have missed it but what soil are you using after your last transplant? If you do fertilize after about a week (second watering) do it with something mild so you don't cause any more uptake issues. I'm not too experienced with nutes yet, mine have been feeding purely off the FFOF soil so far, so maybe someone else can answer this better than I. Good luck!!! Hopefully the above is your problem and winds up allowing you to get them healthy again.

Dunno about the misting...if the soil is starting to pull away from the walls of the pot then you might want to just for the benefit of the roots. Or are you talking about foliar feeding?
like should i spray the leaves with some water, or will that hurt them?

I must have missed it but what soil are you using after your last transplant? If you do fertilize after about a week (second watering) do it with something mild so you don't cause any more uptake issues.
the soil im using is MG organic, with a 30 pct perlite mix.
mine have been feeding purely off the FFOF soil so far
i think i will let my soil do the work, seems like the more i do to them the worse they get. i hope the flush worked.

they look sad right now, i think the flush shocked them, looks of overwatering. i hope the heat from the lights and the fans will dry up the soil soon enough for me to be on schedule with the watering. i also pinched off the bad leaves, i heard that doing this helps the rest of the plant recover. prey for my babies!

like should i spray the leaves with some water, or will that hurt them?

I would just leave them alone for the first few days unless they show severe signs of dehydration.

i think i will let my soil do the work, seems like the more i do to them the worse they get. i hope the flush worked.

The thing with plants is that the consequences of what you do is not immediately shown. Patience...for people like me who are home all the time it's hard not to tinker with them lol.

they look sad right now, i think the flush shocked them, looks of overwatering. i hope the heat from the lights and the fans will dry up the soil soon enough for me to be on schedule with the watering.

Last time I watered mine they got a double-dose as I was trying to get the run-off pH lowered. They weren't too happy the next day but quickly snapped out of it. It's probably just a sign they were over-watered which is what you did intentionally so I wouldn't worry.

i also pinched off the bad leaves, i heard that doing this helps the rest of the plant recover. prey for my babies!

I was doing that too once they got bad enough that it looked like there was no more nutrients for the plant to pull from them.

And not to nit-pick but maaaaan...."prey" and "pray" are completely different things, I don't think you want anything preying on your babies except YOU when they have fat buds on them :yummy:lol

LOL, yea, i used to work for a construction company named prey, too many joints ago.

i wanted to jump the gun a little by going to 12/12 2weeks in, it lasted a week, now im back to 18/6, as seen on pics nothing was ready for that, so time to veg for about 20 days more then ill goto 12/12. will this be a good strategy?

Wish I could tell ya...I'm currently debating when to switch over to 12/12 myself. I think three weeks of vegging won't hurt, I wasn't planning on vegging my plants for this long myself but the more vegging the better (to a point). Try to get your nute problem fixed first, give it a week or two after that to "stabilize" (purely out of my butt, but makes sense in my own little world), and then maybe switch to 12/12. Does that sound ok to anyone else? lol

Luxx it's the soil that giving you the problems.
MG organic from the web site "The Overview
Delivers nearly double the yields of topsoil naturally! Fertilizer provides both starting and slow-release feeding for up to 3 months.
You need a soil without the fertilizer flushing your plants will make it even worse. It releases more nutes causing more burns in a snowball effect.

Pan4

The MG soil has stuff in it that activates its nutrient release the more you water it? That would make sense, I don't know what I was thinking they had in it that would be time-release. I was thinking if he let the soil dry out in between flushes that he would be ok or is that wrong? If he were using a different soil without the time-release nutes would it work then?

well not all of my plants are using mg organic, less then half are using a cheap kmart brand potting soil mixed with 40 pct mg perlite. even with this variable, all of my plant are demonstraiting simaler problems. idk, wait another week, if they dont look better, i change to non nute, soil mix and flush weekly. i got to get this right, the second grow depends on it

day 20, down to 10 plants, they are about 5-6 inches tall almost the same in width. giving the circiumstances, they look decent. i will post pics tonight, need to know if i should preflower them, or take clones off and sex them.

any suggestion from personal experience would be nice.

and out of the 10, how many will be projected as female. ive heard with extra stress comes extra males or shemales, this true?

whats up, got bored and wanted to share my good news, plants are looking a lot better.... check them out.

pic spam time, sorry.

P1012353.jpg

P1012348.jpg

P1012347.jpg

P1012346.jpg

P1012343.jpg

P1012342.jpg

P10123411.jpg

P10123371.jpg

P10123311.jpg

P1012330.jpg

P1012328.jpg

P1012327.jpg

P1012322.jpg

P10123182.jpg

P10123171.jpg

P1012315.jpg

P10123141.jpg

P10123132.jpg

P10123122.jpg

P10123111.jpg

P10123101.jpg

P10123081.jpg

P10123051.jpg

P10123032.jpg

P10123022.jpg

P10123011.jpg

P1012299.jpg

P1012298.jpg

P1012297.jpg

P1012294.jpg

P1012293.jpg

i like this one.
P1012292.jpg

P1012289.jpg

P1012288.jpg

P1012287.jpg

P1012285.jpg

looking a lot better after flush! that had me worried.

could someone be able to tell me what type of strain/type this bagseed is by looking at the plant?

love taking pictures of them.

they enjoy it too.

btw this is day 25 of flowering. Think im going to go about 40 days into flower before veg.

still thinking about the lst. its good for certian plants, are my plants good for it?

well, suggestions or comments welcome!

Glad to hear they're recuperating!!! They do look better...

could someone be able to tell me what type of strain/type this bagseed is by looking at the plant?

I did not realize it was 3:30AM...cracked out playing Oblivion, no wonder I was getting tired lol. Anyway quick post and I'm off to bed, I don't think anyone will be able to identify a strain from the pics but I would guess some kind of hybrid, some look pretty close to pure indica but even that's hard to guarantee.

btw this is is day 25 of flowering. Think im going to go about 40 days into flower before veg.

still thinking about the lst. its good for certian plants, are my plants good for it?

well, suggestions or comments welcome!

Did I miss something? Are you running them now at 12/12 and going to revert back to veg? Or did you get your flowering/veg terms reversed? :hmmmm:

As for LST'ing...try it, give them 3-4 days after initially tying them down and see how the side growth (well, now the top) looks. If it starts to promote a lot of side growth keep it up, you can stop LST'ing at any time and the tip of the main branch will eventually straighten up and grow vertically again. Test it out on a just a few if you're unsure about it, but don't wait too much longer. My runt is about to get bent over like a $2 whore, wish I had started the other two about a week earlier.

Did I miss something? Are you running them now at 12/12 and going to revert back to veg? Or did you get your flowering/veg terms reversed? :hmmmm:

sorry, no more posting while i am drunk, thanks for catching that, lol

as for lsting, i am going to let that be a second grow objective, my first grow needs to be simplified as much as it can, so i can retain the information, lol.

lol, been there...done that...more times than I'd like to admit :D

As for the LST'ing I think you should try it on at least one plant just to get a feel for it. I too wanted this grow to be very simplified but I couldn't resist trying it out on one. Then after seeing what began to happen with it I had to do the other ones too :) Seriously man, do it to one of them...you've got plenty to play with!

Depending on if you are on good terms and don't have to worry about vacating any time soon. You could flower to determine which plants are female and re-veg to get the girls big. Plants are looking good.

I thought that doing so increased your chance for hermies as the plants are not sexually mature yet and think they have missed the "mating season" so they sometimes develop male and female flowers? Then again there is so much conflicting information out there I have a feeling it's going to boil down to personal experience.

I don't think its a real problem. I've seen people take actual buds(immature tho) and re-veg them as clones with no problems.

Seems to me that luxx is doing the same thing in his grow as i did. We started a lot of plants and started weeding out the ones that had slow growth or low tolerance for nutes and heat. When you flower, you're gonna lose 2 or 3 outa 5 as males.
I think if you can wait, you be better off taking the female with the best genetics and making her a mother plant.

As for the LST'ing I think you should try it on at least one plant just to get a feel for it. I too wanted this grow to be very simplified but I couldn't resist trying it out on one. Then after seeing what began to happen with it I had to do the other ones too :) Seriously man, do it to one of them...you've got plenty to play with!

true, i think you talked me into it. i will try one, and see what happens. do they look ready?

Depending on if you are on good terms and don't have to worry about vacating any time soon. You could flower to determine which plants are female and re-veg to get the girls big. Plants are looking good.

Not sure about re-veging yet, how long will that set my potential harvest back? (btw, since this is my 1st grow, the strain isnt the best i want to work with, so all of these plants after harvest, will be smoked. Next plants will be the 20 doller seeds, mothered and cloned.)

I thought that doing so increased your chance for hermies as the plants are not sexually mature yet and think they have missed the "mating season" so they sometimes develop male and female flowers? Then again there is so much conflicting information out there I have a feeling it's going to boil down to personal experience.

well so far, from what i read, it does increase the chances of a mother going hermi. It also seems logical.

I don't think its a real problem. I've seen people take actual buds(immature tho) and re-veg them as clones with no problems.

i just pictured a bud on a stem, poking through the soil, like that?

Seems to me that luxx is doing the same thing in his grow as i did. We started a lot of plants and started weeding out the ones that had slow growth or low tolerance for nutes and heat. When you flower, you're gonna lose 2 or 3 outa 5 as males.
I think if you can wait, you be better off taking the female with the best genetics and making her a mother plant.

yes, i started with about 20 plants, now i am at 10, hoping for at least 4 strong females at harvest.

No mothers on this one, waiting for a extra good strain from a seed bank for that to happen. Just bagseed for this.

:thanks:

the plants are taking off.... too quickly.... i wasnt ready for this height, this soon. A couple are lagging in growth compared to the others, but i need to expect anything with the differant size pots i use and the type of soil i use.

Im gonna redesign the grow area tomorro, pics soon.

i just pictured a bud on a stem, poking through the soil, like that?

:thanks:

yup exactly like that. Just keep going on a set schedule. Try and have it the same every day after you get the room how you like it. That's all flower cycle is, its consistency. See if you can find some sea tea foliar spray. I always hear good things from people that use it but others never seem to because of budget. I think its worth the expense. As would be a small hps light.

Back
Top Bottom