MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies) - Herbie's Seeds USA, By Gwhunran In Hydro

MAC (miracle alien cookies)
Day 5 from seed.

The first three are still slowly being spouts and the fourth may just make it. :) I'll have to admit I was feeling a little disappointed about not all sprouting. :( Not being greedy, just hate to see the streak end. :hmmmm::rolleyes: I think all my seeds have spouted for the last couple of years and that's pretty unusual, I think.:hmmmm:
Here's a picture of the spouts, and a closeup of what may be the 4th coming up with the shell still hanging on, but barely.:)

MAC seed plus 5 days (2).JPG

MAC, Day 5 from seed.

MAC seed plus 5 days (3)2.JPG

MAC. 4th seed may make it.:)

MAC seed plus 5 days (3)3.JPG

MAC. Closeup of 4th one. Seed hull is visible along with stem. not the best focus:rolleyes:

That's one hell of a streak you've got going GW!

You'd likely be the top "seed" in a Germination Tournament! 😁

That's one hell of a streak you've got going GW!

You'd likely be the top "seed" in a Germination Tournament! 😁
I've tried the wet paper, using the green spun fibrous cubes, and just planting in soil. :hmmmm: I have best success with the cubes shown. :) They are sold under different brand names and have a sponge like texture. It can be cut with a sharp blade and stays together, instead of crumbling. There are supposed enzymes in them to aid sprouting. I also orient the seeds as shown and I'm convinced it helps. :)

Glad to have you along Carmen! I hope it taste as good as the example I tried a few years ago. Extra tasty and with a kick of a buzz.:love::)

Glad your aboard Scottay! It'll be kinda slow for a while but we know how hydro does once things take off. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Man I've always wanted to try hydro/hempy but it just scares the shit outta me honestly!! I do love the rate of growth!! So right now I'm gonna live vicariously through you buddy!! I'm sure you'll smash it!! Happy Thursday!! 😎✌️

Glad to have you No Pain.:) Looking forward to trying out the CO2 system. :)
My Pleasure brother!! Thanks for having me. Oh yeah that co2!! okay Here are my thoughts as of right now with what I've experienced with it in my grow.

First I'm going to say the I LOVE IT!!!!
second you are going to need more tanks Brother.Running a 50lb tank at 1200ppm for a 12/12 cycle at 60DLI my ladies eat up a bottle in two weeks!!

In regards to using it , speeds up growth like no bodies business as you can look back and see the explosion in my room. lol
So My thoughts are run ambient co2 through veg and week two of the flip turn it on and crank it up and be ready to see some growth. The reason I say that is because my ladies where only vegged for two weeks before I flipped to 12/12 and I flipped based on size . Now if you look at my journal you will see that it took about 3 weeks of 12/12 before really seeing bud sites and what I saw In week 3 is what I'm used to seeing in 10 days from the flip and I have to attribute that to the age of the plants. Also note that when I flipped they really weren't showing sex but they were good size(18-20 inches if memory serves me right). So unless you have a lot of room I would hold the gas to a minimum until they at least show sex and also note When I have flipped in the past my ladies where always showing sex at this size. Its not the size its the age. so right now I may be in week 7 of 12/12 but my plants are actually in week 5 if that makes sense. In the mean time I would say look into leasing tanks. My room is about 960 cubic feet and the leakage is minimal...Hope this helps !

Note if you or I where running clones it would be different as the clones would already be mature . Then It would be gas to height, flip , flower and turn it down towards the end of week six , off in week 7 and 8 based on an 8 week strain.

We really enjoy a good indica in my house! This looks just what the DR ordered!
I like pretty much all of it. :) Some just taste better, especially when you have to smoke a lot of it.:rolleyes: And it's real nice, if the strain is a good rosin maker.:) I've got some two year old rosin in the freezer, that's seems to be just as fresh as the day it was pressed.:love::) This allows me to hang onto some of the good strains for a long time. I never seem to find the bud as fresh, as I like it for smoking after a year:rolleyes:
lookin' about as good as it gets... love those sturdy stems!
Thanks CBD,:) They'll be in the little DIY DWC real soon. After they build a little bit in the small tent, they'll be moved to their final home. I'm running position two on the ViparSpectra XS1500pro, so it's still not pulling a lot of watts.:) When I move into the big room, with the HLG600R light, it's lowest dimmer setting is about 200w and the reservoir is 17gallons, so it cost more to run the big room. :hmmmm::rolleyes::bong:

Man I've always wanted to try hydro/hempy but it just scares the shit outta me honestly!! I do love the rate of growth!! So right now I'm gonna live vicariously through you buddy!! I'm sure you'll smash it!! Happy Thursday!! 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay,:) I learned on hydro. :) Prohibition kinda kept the outdoor stuff hard to pull off.:rolleyes: I don't know where I heard it, but it was said, "if you wouldn't feel good about standing there naked all day,🙄 then it's not a good place to grow the forbidden plant."🤠

My Pleasure brother!! Thanks for having me. Oh yeah that co2!! okay Here are my thoughts as of right now with what I've experienced with it in my grow.

First I'm going to say the I LOVE IT!!!!
second you are going to need more tanks Brother.Running a 50lb tank at 1200ppm for a 12/12 cycle at 60DLI my ladies eat up a bottle in two weeks!!

In regards to using it , speeds up growth like no bodies business as you can look back and see the explosion in my room. lol
So My thoughts are run ambient co2 through veg and week two of the flip turn it on and crank it up and be ready to see some growth. The reason I say that is because my ladies where only vegged for two weeks before I flipped to 12/12 and I flipped based on size . Now if you look at my journal you will see that it took about 3 weeks of 12/12 before really seeing bud sites and what I saw In week 3 is what I'm used to seeing in 10 days from the flip and I have to attribute that to the age of the plants. Also note that when I flipped they really weren't showing sex but they were good size(18-20 inches if memory serves me right). So unless you have a lot of room I would hold the gas to a minimum until they at least show sex and also note When I have flipped in the past my ladies where always showing sex at this size. Its not the size its the age. so right now I may be in week 7 of 12/12 but my plants are actually in week 5 if that makes sense. In the mean time I would say look into leasing tanks. My room is about 960 cubic feet and the leakage is minimal...Hope this helps !

Note if you or I where running clones it would be different as the clones would already be mature . Then It would be gas to height, flip , flower and turn it down towards the end of week six , off in week 7 and 8 based on an 8 week strain.
Thanks No Pain, :) I'll have to get by with two twenty pound tanks.:hmmmm::) I hope I can get longer than that out of the tanks. I will start running the CO2 buckets and get an average for what they put out.:hmmmm: I already have an average for ambient CO2.:) I may follow your advise on not using the tank gas until flower but I might have to empty a tank just to get an idea of the use rate. :hmmmm:
I usually just veg until it looks like the 1st screen is full enough.:) Just have to see what the strain shows me. :)

You are very welcome. I'm here to help and share my experience and absorb the experience of others, we are all learning in one way or another :). I understand what you mean by " I might have to empty a tank". One other thing I can add and its odd. Now I can stand in my room and watch the meter (at lights out), my sensor is in my canopy. The reading is very stable. I.e After the lights go out it can take 5 hours for it to drop maybe 200 ppm but never reach ambient co2 levels before lights on. Now running it at 800 ppm seems to be different for whatever reason, it's really strange running it at 1200 withe the meter set to +or-100 When these ladies are on fire i can stand in there and watch them eat up 200 ppm in like 10 min lol and at 800 ppm the consumption seems to slow. But then again, the growth rate at 1200 is noticeably different than at 800 especially in the stretch phase lol. If look through my journal you will see where and when I increase it from 800 to 1200 as well as the difference in growth. I'm excited to see yours in action there aren't many of us out there.

You are very welcome. I'm here to help and share my experience and absorb the experience of others, we are all learning in one way or another :). I understand what you mean by " I might have to empty a tank". One other thing I can add and its odd. Now I can stand in my room and watch the meter (at lights out), my sensor is in my canopy. The reading is very stable. I.e After the lights go out it can take 5 hours for it to drop maybe 200 ppm but never reach ambient co2 levels before lights on. Now running it at 800 ppm seems to be different for whatever reason, it's really strange running it at 1200 withe the meter set to +or-100 When these ladies are on fire i can stand in there and watch them eat up 200 ppm in like 10 min lol and at 800 ppm the consumption seems to slow. But then again, the growth rate at 1200 is noticeably different than at 800 especially in the stretch phase lol. If look through my journal you will see where and when I increase it from 800 to 1200 as well as the difference in growth. I'm excited to see yours in action there aren't many of us out there.
Are you talking about having the center at 1100, and having it go from 1000-1200? :hmmmm: I was thinking of running at 1000 center and having it run from 900-1100. Like you said with plus/minus 100.:hmmmm::)

I'll check back in the morning. :)

Are you talking about having the center at 1100, and having it go from 1000-1200? :hmmmm: I was thinking of running at 1000 center and having it run from 900-1100. Like you said with plus/minus 100.:hmmmm::)

I'll check back in the morning. :)
I want to say I have my center cent to 1150 and the gap of + or - 100. I can check tomorrow if you like, However I'm almost positive that's what I have it set to.

I want to say I have my center cent to 1150 and the gap of + or - 100. I can check tomorrow if you like, However I'm almost positive that's what I have it set to.
I might even make the variance larger say from 800-1200. I'll probably play around with it some, till I find my spot. :)

Plus 6 days from seed.

MAC seed plus 5 (11).JPG

MAC day 5 from seed. Pic taken last night.

MAC seed plus 5 (8).JPG

MAC plus 5 from seed. Getting the diy DWC ready. Note the view window in side of tupperware. It's got 2 gallons of water containing Hydrogard and CalMag+ and PHed.

MAC seed plus 5 (9).JPG

MAC plus 5 from seed. Getting the DIY DWC ready. Open hole used for testing and adding stuff to reservoir.

MAC seed plus 5 (10).JPG

Tray of MAC sitting on top of heat mat on top of diy DWC ready for the sprouts.

MAC seed plus 6 (1).JPG

Closeup of #4 sprout trying to make it in the back, taken this morning Day 6 from seed.:) I hope it makes it but I can run three with no problem. That's the number of Acapulco Gold and Golden Tiger that was run last year.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Plus 6 days from seed.

MAC seed plus 5 (11).JPG

MAC day 5 from seed. Pic taken last night.

MAC seed plus 5 (8).JPG

MAC plus 5 from seed. Getting the diy DWC ready. Note the view window in side of tupperware. It's got 2 gallons of water containing Hydrogard and CalMag+ and PHed.

MAC seed plus 5 (9).JPG

MAC plus 5 from seed. Getting the DIY DWC ready. Open hole used for testing and adding stuff to reservoir.

MAC seed plus 5 (10).JPG

Tray of MAC sitting on top of heat mat on top of diy DWC ready for the sprouts.

MAC seed plus 6 (1).JPG

Closeup of #4 sprout trying to make it in the back, taken this morning Day 6 from seed.:) I hope it makes it but I can run three with no problem. That's the number of Acapulco Gold and Golden Tiger that was run last year.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
She just needs to shed that membrane and she'll be on her way!

She just needs to shed that membrane and she'll be on her way!
Thanks Mel, I hope to run all four. I'll put the small one in the front if it makes it. Gonna go drop off the new CO2 tank for filling this morning. It won't be long till I'm back in the flood and drain. :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

I might even make the variance larger say from 800-1200. I'll probably play around with it some, till I find my spot. :)
That sounds like a great Idea to me. I would say that I would try in in mine now nut I only have about a week left of running High co2 and Im actually changing the tank today so in a week it wont move the pressure gauge . However my initial thoughts are that it would prolong each tank by a bit, based on what I have seen to this point in my garden.

Back
Top Bottom