Maer's 540W Advanced LED — G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

I did 2 cycles in dirt and I cannot stand mixing and watering every couple days. I have seen people with auto watering dirt setups, with drains built in but then you still need to worry about soil pH then. This is my first hydro try so I hope I like it...

Even if I did scrap the NFT and go back to dirt or another hydro system I can still keep the same SGE / CO2 setup.

Maer, I haven't grown in dirt, but trust me on this. Once your system is running on auto-pilot you'll never look back. Mine only requires a few minutes a day and a partial res change every two weeks. Yours is going to make mine look like a stone wheel compared to your super sticky pirelli's.

Maer, I haven't grown in dirt, but trust me on this. Once your system is running on auto-pilot you'll never look back. Mine only requires a few minutes a day and a partial res change every two weeks. Yours is going to make mine look like a stone wheel compared to your super sticky pirelli's.

I agree or I wouldn't be putting out all of this effort and expense. My concern is the smell and flavor of the final product. But I think newer blends with humic and fulvic will solve that.

I saved 2 grams of each plant in 1/2 pint masons, so I will be able to compare flavor from one harvest to the next. I use glass cig one hitters for that and I clean them with 91% iso and a q tip between each one. I have 5 of them so you can load them and compare, then clean.

Re: Maer's 540W Advanced LED – G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

Sounds like a very scientific approach. The reviews I've received on the meds so far have been: very clean, light on taste but heavy on effects. Not sure if hydro is inherently less "stanky" than soil, or if adding fulvic and humics to the mix will increase those characteristics. I am hoping the Uncle John's blend in the system now will help with that.

Sounds like a very scientific approach. The reviews I've received on the meds so far have been: very clean, light on taste but heavy on effects. Not sure if hydro is inherently less "stanky" than soil, or if adding fulvic and humics to the mix will increase those characteristics. I am hoping the Uncle John's blend in the system now will help with that.

I am definitely in to the bouquet aspect of MMJ, even if this comes up short on flavor I will still do another run or two in hydro with additives to try to correct it.

If that fails then it is some auto water and drain airpot system. The humidity would be off the charts after watering so I would have to work out a way to vent the room for 2-3 hours after a watering cycle. The DH would definitely not be able to handle all that open water.

Well, I can tell you this...a pal of mine is borrowing one of my "Brand X" 300W units, and pretty much told me that although there's still 4 weeks to go, the LED buds are looking WAY the fuck better. And he's been growing for 25 years.

I'm with Maer, don't be a hater.

:bongrip: - JZ

Remember technology is advancing exponentially. So if somebody said "LED isn't quite 'there' yet"...even if it was a month ago, the tech has grown a year's worth.
There are only two things preventing me from already using LED lights.
one is spare money (none).
the other is do I want to diy solder 400 cathodes and anodes together.

Flowering does require a helluvalot of energy so if I were LED-ing I would definitely spring for some B-vitamins when the time comes.

led grow light = u must weld many anodes and many cathodes to construct one.

led grow light = u must weld many anodes and many cathodes to construct one.

I just looked it up and your right. I had never heard that term used for a lead or terminal which is what I would call it.

I always thought anode and cathode were for devices that hold charge - like an electrolysis setup or x-ray tube.

Only replying to tell you that your trolling is being duly noted and reported. We really don't need your negativity polluting our community.

Maer doesn't need my help policing his journal, but multiple reports of your disruptive behavior might warrant action from a moderator.

Remember technology is advancing exponentially. So if somebody said "LED isn't quite 'there' yet"...even if it was a month ago, the tech has grown a year's worth.
There are only two things preventing me from already using LED lights.
one is spare money (none).
the other is do I want to diy solder 400 cathodes and anodes together.

Flowering does require a helluvalot of energy so if I were LED-ing I would definitely spring for some B-vitamins when the time comes.

There's a great DIY LED guy over in europe somewhere doing amazing things with his units...Google 'LED growshow'. $@), if this violates policy, please edit :thanks:

Thanks JZ, I really don't care, Imma just kick back and smoke some of my imaginary 14 ounces.

The coloration in the roots is from CES micro, it is red tinged and makes the roots look a little red / brown.

Hey guys...... Maer, it's looking good in the hood........... I'll be keeping an eye on things, seems you might have a troll in the house..... Keep doing what you are doing and don't sweat the small things..... Keep up the good work..... :peace:

I just looked it up and your right. I had never heard that term used for a lead or terminal which is what I would call it.

I always thought anode and cathode were for devices that hold charge - like an electrolysis setup or x-ray tube.

lol.i first saw it last month and thought the same thing.
still trying to figure out the diy chiller, i'll post question in there after i de-filth my domicile.

I didn't get to do any work today but I did get a chance to look in on the system. I left everything running to see how bad the leaks were and they stopped! I will not count on it an leave those trays under for the duration.

I am already redesigning the system so that I can do a bottom feed that will not drain back into the res, and putting in unions and threaded adapters to make the whole thing cleanable. I will also drop the whole thing to within 1/2" of the floor to get more head space. I can use Steves siphon breaker idea to have the tubes flood to near the top in case of a loss of power (but stop there).

I usually ignore them. If I answered every stupid post I see, I would have a full-time job on my hands.

Hell, just answering mine is nearly full time.

Well I have not had a lot of time to update lately, lots of work and lots of building going on.

The lights have gone out for the girls for the last time in the cloner at 10pm.

Next lights on will be 10pm Tuesday in their new home with 780 watts of luscious Advanced LED light bathing their sexy bodies.

Here are a few minor updates, the coolant loop is completed and running (without the chiller for now):
P1020044.JPG

The window box got a nice 4" hole and a starting collar. I will also put some additional screening over that hole to prevent nasties:
P1020046.JPG

And finally the cool coil connected to the coolant loop. It got very cold with just fresh tap water going through:

P1020048.JPG

So that's it for now, huge update Wednesday, also look for a new thread in the off topic area!

Maer's **Blue Planet Nutrients 3 part AND Organic** NFT / Soil - Winter Tomato Veggie Experience

Or something to that effect, coming soon!

Back
Top Bottom