MH 400 Watt DWC Afgooey & Master Kush Grow

Re: MH 400 watt DWC Afgooey& Master Kush grow

I have really bad eyes and no glasses but they are EXTREMELY tiny and look white/greyish. I took out my air stone and watched to see if they moved because i added h2o2 last night but i saw movement.. its almost like the jump in the water and dart around. Im going to do a root dunk with h2o2 but im getting mixed answers on google. The threads im getting are from 01-07 so pretty outdated stuff. Im about to retire from google i always find half answers and old answers that are out dated and arent as efficient. Im guessing these are fungus gnats, or possibly thrips.

06-22-2011 09:13 AM
I noticed a couple of days ago when i water and have some runoff
There are TINY grey bugs in the runoff but they dont fly they just kind of squiggle around, and jump (they only jump an extremely short distance though)
Ive looked on the surface of my coco but cant see any bugs at all, they do still seem to be soaking up ther feed so i dont think its affecting the roots?

what the hell? any ideas what this is people?

Could be spring tails.
Or could be Thrips larvae.
Usually one of these are the culprit.
Either of these can be controlled with SPINOSAD or Mosquito Dunks.

found this bro, hope this helps

:Namaste:

Thanx a bunch TM ive been seeing things about masquito dunks and now i wanna try that... I just did a multi h2o2 dunk. I filled a 2 gallon bowl with ph balanced water +h2o2 and submerged it, saw hundreds of these whitish things then i dumped the bowl,had my girl friend hold it over a bin to drip, refilled it again and ph'd it again and repeated this 5 times or so reducing the h2o2 dose each refill and on the last one i couldnt really find any in my bowl.. i dumped the rez, cleaned it and put in nutes now its been a couple hours and i still dont see any in my rez. Im know theres eggs still so i need to hurry and get this solution resolved

IMAG04183.jpg
IMAG04174.jpg

Master kush is first. Afgooey is second. Both doing great, afgooey is battling whitish bugs is the rez but im hoping to fix this soon

I lucked out with the space blanket, got it from a friend who has a little bit of everything laying around his house. But from what i remember i remember him saying something about first aid/ emeregency packs you get at like big 5 and any sporting store that has hiking supplys. This stuff is so thin it nearly floats in the air.

No the bugs are still here but not nearly as bad.. each and everyday ive been emptying the rez then dunking the whole root mass in h2o2 diluted water. each day im noticing less and less but im actually getting a pesticide tomorrow for a quicker solution

plants look good 253 i was going to say get some azmax or azatrol. u gotta watch the temp in the buckets between 60~70f is optimal in dwc

I do need to pay closer attention to my rez temp thats probably it. Well my ppm meter arrived this morning. My master kush's rez is at 550 and afgooey is at 460. Im going to research the ppm level refomendations and see what i should be at for week 1 of bloom

Good job so far 253. It gets a bit confusing and overwhelming your first grow but u seem to be handling it well. If I may offer two bits if advice. 1. Keep it simple, real simple, don't get caught up in the hype, with nutes and grow media and what not. Apply nutes MAKE SURE YOUR PH IS 5.5 TO 5.9 and you'll do fine. 2. I remember my first grow got a clone from a friend a couple of nutes and spider mites!! Tried alot of stuff, foggers, h202, azamax all to no avail. So I saw somewhere on this site a natural remedy for the mites. I made some changes to it (its original reci

Hey buju thanx for stopping by. Yea problems are coming and going but im learning everyday..my hydroshop recomended mosquito dunks for these root aphids im going to empty my res rinse the roots fill the res with ph balanced water and add zero nutes and let the plants soak up the sunks for about 24 hours then try again with continuing. My master kushs roots didnt develop untill 2 weeks after transplant while afgooeys were sprouting after day 2 now the roots are only 3 inches long while my master kushs are touching bottom and tangling with my air stone. My afgooeys roots are way behind

Im currently waiting to see if these mosquito dunks do the trick im not seeing any bugs in the rez yet but well see. Earlier i mentioned my afgooeys roots arent growing but i just checked and saw new growth on them. Tomorrow if i find time ill add more pics and give my verdict on if i like the mosquito dunks

I woke up looked in my res and today i can count how many root aphids are in the tank.half are dead half are alive so i think mosquito dunks are ok but i think daily h2o2 baths did help.

Id dip the roots continuously in a gallon bowl with water and h2o2 then refill after a few dips, i watched tiny aphids fall out each time and once they stopped coming out id rinse the roots and refill the rez re nute the rez then place the plant back in and now im barely seeing aphids.. i figure if the dunks kikled them there would be ALOT more bodies in my rez. Ill let the mosquito dunks stay in there for a few more hours

Well one thing i should add is the h2o2 baths stunted my roots. The growth stopped when i started using h2o2. Did i use to much? Im assuming so but i needed to kill those aphids, im not sure how these dunks work but they arent killing them very fast lol. One thing is for sure, that the plants 1 week into flwer are smelling amazing in the mornings when i open the curtain. Ill keep my progress updated when something new happens

Back
Top Bottom