Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Keep an eye on my sog Mmmmick. I'm going to come as close to possible to growing these plants without fan leaves, I've already started trimming some. Hopefully it will work but I'll leave a few alone just in case. Maybe we'll all learn some new tricks.

Trying to get back into the swing of things Blue. I'll be doing some (lots of) catch-up. Good luck with the SOG.

Yeah trimming has only helped my plants, those LEDs wont penetrate through the leaves, ive taken about 50% of one of my autos interior/inward facing leaves and shes happy as could be. Ima check out your SOG blue, I want to see your results.

Peace everyone, and thank jebus spring is here:amen:

Hi Outdoorsman, my fans wouldn't penetrate the canopy either, so I was hurtin' on both fronts. They'll be dancing in the breeze next time around.

Man sorry Mmmmick, I didn't read this post till now... I couldn't remember you getting PM. Lesson #12,341 LEARNED. I started doing all sorts of trimming since I saw a video of a real good Vegetable gardner. He had all kinds of tomatoes growing with crazy names, made you think of killer bud strains. But he was saying that the more airflow to the fruits was always better.

Hope you get a decent smokable yield still, I'll be blasting green cozmic rays to ya' :headbanger:

Hey sisco, I'd like to forget having PM. :tokin:
I'll definitely put more emphasis into trimming next time things get as congested. Yeah, totaled 6.39 oz of dried bud. I probably trimmed at least an oz extra while trying to remove any potential infected bits. Aggressive trim seemed the best plan, but the buds are ugly all hacked up like that. I can live with it, still gonna be smoking for a while at least.:thumb:

My apologies for the delay in getting the smoke report done.

DNA Pure Afghan
20g
4g popcorn
Mild Afghan smell/taste. A good daytime smoke, good staying power with an overall stone. Worth running again for a more complete grow. Could have used another 2-3 weeks, so I expect better yield and a heavier stone if finished properly.

Dinafem Cheese
27g
4g popcorn
The Cheese has a great taste and aroma, slightly sweet but I can't put a name to it. Kind of an up, moderately heavy stone. I haven't had a chance to verify the "no ceiling" claims but the effects are good and I'd run it again. This plant wanted a lot more room than I gave it. I think it would yield much better if not crowded. Buds are the tightest I've grown to date.

BC Seed King Mango A and D
62.8g
6g popcorn

BC Seed King Mango B
29g
5g popcorn
This Mango strain is very good smoke. The mango/tropical fruit taste is becoming a favorite. Fairly heavy, lasting stone with a solid body component. Pretty tight buds but not rock hard. I recommend trying a Mango if you haven't yet.

BC Seed King White Widow
40g
4g popcorn
My favorite strain of those I've grown so far. Very potent, slightly trippy stone with a decent body effect. Great staying power, piney/peppery smell/taste. Like the Mango the buds are solid. Hard not to include this one in every grow. I was dissapointed to have to toss all but a small sample, which I kept for a smoke test.

Total 178.8g (6.39oz)of dried bud plus 23g of popcorn. The trim invalidated most yield guesses I assume.

Plants had a heavy trim due to the PM and my paranoia about smoking bud with fungi on it. The Mango(B) and the Afghani in the front of the screen were the only 2 plants that got a more or less nomal trim. The other 4 lost a significant percentage of their yield to the trim scissors, easily 10-20%.

IMG_4006_Pure_Afghani.JPG

IMG_3987_cheese_.JPG

IMG_3998_mango_B.JPG

IMG_3992_White_Widow.JPG

IMG_3997_mango_B.JPG

^^^Mango bud pic from a previous post. It was the only plant that produced normal looking buds and didn't require major surgery while trimming.

On the plus side I made butter from the remainder of my last grow and the choc chip cookies looked like St Patty's day cookies but they are potent. Most of my friends won't eat more than half a cookie, lol. I tried 2 just to see how good it could get and I swear I was still feeling it the next day. One is enough for a good evening. :thumb:

Well, hacked up weed smokes fine...especially almost 7 z's of it. I'm just glad your doing OK.

Yeah it smokes pretty good. No complaints about the yield, it leaves room for improvement.:thumb:

I appeciate the thought, bro. I'm ok but got some bad news on the grow front. I eliminated everything in the grow room except for one seeded Auto Hindu Kush and one unseeded.
Gotta strip the room and either paint with anti-fungal paint or line the whole thing with plastic. Probably should do both because I want to do another scrog with 4 plants next round and I am tired of fighting the PM. I don't expect to have another grow going until after the summer but things might kick in sooner.
I've spent a few weeks thinking about giving it up entirely but I haven't exhausted my options yet.

Thanks for hangin' in my friend.:peacetwo:

Yeah it smokes pretty good. No complaints about the yield, it leaves room for improvement.:thumb:

I appeciate the thought, bro. I'm ok but got some bad news on the grow front. I eliminated everything in the grow room except for one seeded Auto Hindu Kush and one unseeded.
Gotta strip the room and either paint with anti-fungal paint or line the whole thing with plastic. Probably should do both because I want to do another scrog with 4 plants next round and I am tired of fighting the PM. I don't expect to have another grow going until after the summer but things might kick in sooner.
I've spent a few weeks thinking about giving it up entirely but I haven't exhausted my options yet.

Hi Mmmmick. :Rasta:

After getting almost 7 onces, I wouldn't complain to much.:surf:
Between the two grows, you did really good for all the problems you faced. :Rasta: You may want to just grow some the old fashioned way...Straight up individuals. That would be some fun I would think.

Got anyone you could bribe with a few buds to help you clean up, that's allot of work your facing.....I do it all the time. :Rasta:

hi mmmmick. :Rasta:

After getting almost 7 onces, i wouldn't complain to much.:surf:
Between the two grows, you did really good for all the problems you faced. :Rasta: You may want to just grow some the old fashioned way...straight up individuals. That would be some fun i would think.

Got anyone you could bribe with a few buds to help you clean up, that's allot of work your facing.....i do it all the time. :Rasta:

pick me< pick me!

That's not bad news, Spring cleaning and tinkering around for the better of the future SCRoGS :smokin:

You working in a basement? Then I would recommend washing with some of this https://www.baneclene.com/catalog/item_images/microb2.gif unless there is a sponsor here like SNS that has something like it..

My apologies for the delay in getting the smoke report done.

DNA Pure Afghan
20g
4g popcorn
Mild Afghan smell/taste. A good daytime smoke, good staying power with an overall stone. Worth running again for a more complete grow. Could have used another 2-3 weeks, so I expect better yield and a heavier stone if finished properly.

Dinafem Cheese
27g
4g popcorn
The Cheese has a great taste and aroma, slightly sweet but I can't put a name to it. Kind of an up, moderately heavy stone. I haven't had a chance to verify the "no ceiling" claims but the effects are good and I'd run it again. This plant wanted a lot more room than I gave it. I think it would yield much better if not crowded. Buds are the tightest I've grown to date.

BC Seed King Mango A and D
62.8g
6g popcorn

BC Seed King Mango B
29g
5g popcorn
This Mango strain is very good smoke. The mango/tropical fruit taste is becoming a favorite. Fairly heavy, lasting stone with a solid body component. Pretty tight buds but not rock hard. I recommend trying a Mango if you haven't yet.

BC Seed King White Widow
40g
4g popcorn
My favorite strain of those I've grown so far. Very potent, slightly trippy stone with a decent body effect. Great staying power, piney/peppery smell/taste. Like the Mango the buds are solid. Hard not to include this one in every grow. I was dissapointed to have to toss all but a small sample, which I kept for a smoke test.

Total 178.8g (6.39oz)of dried bud plus 23g of popcorn. The trim invalidated most yield guesses I assume.

Plants had a heavy trim due to the PM and my paranoia about smoking bud with fungi on it. The Mango(B) and the Afghani in the front of the screen were the only 2 plants that got a more or less nomal trim. The other 4 lost a significant percentage of their yield to the trim scissors, easily 10-20%.

IMG_4006_Pure_Afghani.JPG

IMG_3987_cheese_.JPG

IMG_3998_mango_B.JPG

IMG_3992_White_Widow.JPG

IMG_3997_mango_B.JPG

^^^Mango bud pic from a previous post. It was the only plant that produced normal looking buds and didn't require major surgery while trimming.

On the plus side I made butter from the remainder of my last grow and the choc chip cookies looked like St Patty's day cookies but they are potent. Most of my friends won't eat more than half a cookie, lol. I tried 2 just to see how good it could get and I swear I was still feeling it the next day. One is enough for a good evening. :thumb:

You make them sound so good, I want them all :tokin: Sucks about the PM, but dang it, you'll be succefull as soon as you wipe that place down and keep the air moving. I can't imaging growing those strains and then just hanging up the ph pen...I guess you could...but you would need a big stash. :)

You had a great screen going there Mmmmick, IMHO the best I've seen done. Great double Journal and great smoke and weight reports. Stinky, sticky green thumbs up to you my man!:thumb:

Hi Mmmmick. :Rasta:

After getting almost 7 onces, I wouldn't complain to much.:surf:
Between the two grows, you did really good for all the problems you faced. :Rasta: You may want to just grow some the old fashioned way...Straight up individuals. That would be some fun I would think.

Got anyone you could bribe with a few buds to help you clean up, that's allot of work your facing.....I do it all the time. :Rasta:

Hello my friend.:high-five:

My only real complaint is that I had to toss the White Widow, my favorite. Other than that my ramblings are meant to point out some of the issues, not complaints so much, although I might come across that way.:)

I'm convinced I can do a half pound with this light in a healthy scrog. I'll get back to scrog at some point just to prove it to myself. My next attempt will be with LST'ed plants, just so I'll have a handle on the mold scene after my cleanup. I think the 120 degree dispersion on this led would do best with low, wide plants rather than the traditional straight up grow style and LST will allow me better access than scrog to inspect frequently for any spots.

I enjoy the grow regardless of the style and I will overcome the PM and any other issues that crop up. I still kinda blame myself for the lack of foresight re airflow and trimming though, heheh. Live and learn.

Summer is not a great time to grow in my setup without putting more money into some form of AC and I'm trying to downsize so I'd rather take some downtime than spend more money. Gotta do my roof this year or I may not have to carry water into the grow, just collect it in buckets, lol. I may do it with a little help but if I have to hire a roofer I can't have a grow sucking air through one of my windows.

I can get help with the cleanup but I have lots of time to get it done so I'll poke at it on my own until my back starts to scream.

Thanks for hangin in, my friend.:cheer:

Good call on the roof over the a/c Mmmmick :cheer:

Sounds like you have great plans to lower your PM risk as close to zero as you can, if that doesn't do it I don't know what would.

I'm the same as you, I heat all winter with a wood-burning stove I love that thing. Good thing too, if I had to pay to heat this place I couldn't afford the grow lol!

Take care my friend :peace:

pick me< pick me!
you got it, sisco.

That's not bad news, Spring cleaning and tinkering around for the better of the future SCRoGS :smokin:

You working in a basement? Then I would recommend washing with some of this https://www.baneclene.com/catalog/item_images/microb2.gif unless there is a sponsor here like SNS that has something like it..

The bad part is 2 mothers and 16 clones that are no longer part of my grow.
I was thinking a scrub with tsp and a coat of anti-fungal paint, maybe a liner of vapor barrier or some sort of plastic.(maybe overkill after the paintjob).

You make them sound so good, I want them all :tokin: Sucks about the PM, but dang it, you'll be succefull as soon as you wipe that place down and keep the air moving. I can't imaging growing those strains and then just hanging up the ph pen...I guess you could...but you would need a big stash. :)

You had a great screen going there Mmmmick, IMHO the best I've seen done. Great double Journal and great smoke and weight reports. Stinky, sticky green thumbs up to you my man!:thumb:

All worth growing imo. I may have a Black Widow cut when the time comes to restart and there's a Lemon Skunk freebie that a friend has on hand. Not to mention 30 or so unpopped strains in my seed stash. So there'll be no hanging up the PH pen, heheh.

I've got enough butter for 3 more batches of cookies (90 cookies) plus the latest crop so I might be able to stretch the stash. If things get tight I can run the last 4 Auto Hindu Kush beans in a pinch.

Thanks sisco, this scrog did look pretty good until the spray bottle came out. I'll nail the next one. Always good to have you visit and I appreciate the words of support.:)

Good call on the roof over the a/c Mmmmick :cheer:

Sounds like you have great plans to lower your PM risk as close to zero as you can, if that doesn't do it I don't know what would.

I'm the same as you, I heat all winter with a wood-burning stove I love that thing. Good thing too, if I had to pay to heat this place I couldn't afford the grow lol!

Take care my friend :peace:

Hey Blue. Gotta do the right thing now and then, I'd rather buy the grow a new appliance.

Hope to get all the loose ends nailed down, or the loose spores. I've been running a Germ Guardian UV-c room air treatment as well, every little bit helps. Minimize infection sources and keep the congestion down, good air movement, etc. By the time I get to restart I should have a decent chance of getting a fuzz-free grow to finish.

Yeah I love the wood heat. $250 a cord cut and split last year though, starting to get a little expensive.

You too Blue, keep 'em green and sparkly.:peace:

Hey Blue. Gotta do the right thing now and then, I'd rather buy the grow a new appliance.

Hope to get all the loose ends nailed down, or the loose spores. I've been running a Germ Guardian UV-c room air treatment as well, every little bit helps. Minimize infection sources and keep the congestion down, good air movement, etc. By the time I get to restart I should have a decent chance of getting a fuzz-free grow to finish.

Yeah I love the wood heat. $250 a cord cut and split last year though, starting to get a little expensive.

You too Blue, keep 'em green and sparkly.:peace:

Something always comes up, I've never had to buy any wood. I do however have to cut and haul and split it. It's really very satisfying work especially when it's all set for the winter.

I know you can't do that with your back, and I really hurt mine by carelessly lifting a log. Ended up costing me a pretty chilly March because I wasn't able to finish cutting.

It's hard to find good wood around here, mostly ash. It burns too fast and no coals. Sometimes I come across a walnut, those are the best. That wood is so dense, it burns hot and slow and forms a great bed of coals.

:peace:

I'd love to have easy access to a chunk of wooded land. justifies more toys, heheh.

One wrong move and the season can be over. Mine is easy to tweak but if I'm careful I can do what I need to do. Just have to approach it in small bites. A buddy has cut a couple of good size birches on his sisters property, to firewood length, and tonight he asked if I wanted him to split it for me. :):cheer: It pays to be generous with the crop.

Not a lot of ash in firewood locally. Maple and birch mainly. birch is great for getting a fire started but doesn't burn long, at least the white birch. The bark burns like oil. Yellow birch is a better burn, Maple is great stuff.

If thats black walnut you're burning I'm sorry to say I have to hunt you down and arrange a barter system of some sort, lol. You could trade each log for a couple of winters worth of firewood around these parts. Pricy lumber.

Hello my friend.:high-five:

My only real complaint is that I had to toss the White Widow, my favorite. Other than that my ramblings are meant to point out some of the issues, not complaints so much, although I might come across that way.:)

I'm convinced I can do a half pound with this light in a healthy scrog. I'll get back to scrog at some point just to prove it to myself. My next attempt will be with LST'ed plants, just so I'll have a handle on the mold scene after my cleanup. I think the 120 degree dispersion on this led would do best with low, wide plants rather than the traditional straight up grow style and LST will allow me better access than scrog to inspect frequently for any spots.

I enjoy the grow regardless of the style and I will overcome the PM and any other issues that crop up. I still kinda blame myself for the lack of foresight re airflow and trimming though, heheh. Live and learn.

Summer is not a great time to grow in my setup without putting more money into some form of AC and I'm trying to downsize so I'd rather take some downtime than spend more money. Gotta do my roof this year or I may not have to carry water into the grow, just collect it in buckets, lol. I may do it with a little help but if I have to hire a roofer I can't have a grow sucking air through one of my windows.

I can get help with the cleanup but I have lots of time to get it done so I'll poke at it on my own until my back starts to scream.

Thanks for hangin in, my friend.:cheer:

Hi Mmmmick. :)

Buddy, you and I say that allot. "live and learn"! :)

Maybe we will one day.:smokin:

Man a roof, that can really get into your pocket, but it has to be done.
By the way, you wouldn't be carrying water at all, just put the plants under the drip! :high-five:

Don't do the back thing again.......aren't you the one who tells me to take it easy. :)
It seems to me many people are having trouble with White Widow. Maybe the strain has been messed with too many times. I understand that Black Widow comes as close to the original as you can get nowadays.
The Stanley Cup starts tomorrow! I'm ready! :)

heheh, I think we've gotten in the habit. Why change now, we've survived it so far?

Yeah it's not cheap to do anything with a house these days. And no point going with the low end materials, they aren't worth installing.

I'll run plastic tubing to each pot, they can all have an individual drip feed with minimal trenching.
I'll make a real effort to remember how easy it is to cause so much pain.

There are so many "WW" versions around that a few problems are bound to have slipped in. GHS WW may be fine. Mine was primarily a victim of it's location in the worst of the airflow, probably. It didn't show any major issues in the previous grow and this plant was a clone of that widow.

The Black Widow was out of stock last time I checked so this cutting will be very welcome.

I haven't followed hockey in ages. years of shift work kept me out of the loop for too many games.

heheh, I think we've gotten in the habit. Why change now, we've survived it so far?

Yeah it's not cheap to do anything with a house these days. And no point going with the low end materials, they aren't worth installing.

I'll run plastic tubing to each pot, they can all have an individual drip feed with minimal trenching.
I'll make a real effort to remember how easy it is to cause so much pain.

There are so many "WW" versions around that a few problems are bound to have slipped in. GHS WW may be fine. Mine was primarily a victim of it's location in the worst of the airflow, probably. It didn't show any major issues in the previous grow and this plant was a clone of that widow.

The Black Widow was out of stock last time I checked so this cutting will be very welcome.

I haven't followed hockey in ages. years of shift work kept me out of the loop for too many games.

Glad you have a clone then. ;) Been thinking doing a bit of cloning soon. That should be something. I have never cloned before. Too bad Light-1-up is not closer. He has a perfect record cloning.:clap:

Your right about the roof....you really do get what you pay for. In spades.

You may as well join BlueDog and go hempy! You've got the water figured out! :)

I'd love to have easy access to a chunk of wooded land. justifies more toys, heheh.

One wrong move and the season can be over. Mine is easy to tweak but if I'm careful I can do what I need to do. Just have to approach it in small bites. A buddy has cut a couple of good size birches on his sisters property, to firewood length, and tonight he asked if I wanted him to split it for me. :):cheer: It pays to be generous with the crop.

Not a lot of ash in firewood locally. Maple and birch mainly. birch is great for getting a fire started but doesn't burn long, at least the white birch. The bark burns like oil. Yellow birch is a better burn, Maple is great stuff.

If thats black walnut you're burning I'm sorry to say I have to hunt you down and arrange a barter system of some sort, lol. You could trade each log for a couple of winters worth of firewood around these parts. Pricy lumber.

I wish they were black walnuts bro! That would be sweet this yard would be missing about 12 very large trees haha.

Just common walnuts, I'm sure the wood still has some kind of value but it's awesome to burn too. Usually I just find fallen branches here and there.

Black Widow huh? I'm putting it on the list.

Back
Top Bottom