Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Mmmmick

After a shipping mishap with the original,my new LED has been received and mounted, so it looks like I'm ready to start a new journal.
The strain is expected to be White Widow from seed by Doggies Nutz through Attitude. 4 to 6 plants in a scrog. Scrog size to be determined by coverage. This is a new led company and design and the supplier is investigating coverage area, light distance from plants etc, so there are no coverage claims made at this time. The wavelengths used may change in future designs so this grow may be extended to cover updated models.

The company website is not quite ready so I can't post the name yet, I will post the appropriate details when available.

Light specs:
New custom design
300w input (12w used for fans and circuitry)
288w light output (288x1w diodes)
120 degree light dispersion angle
7 wavelengths ranging from far red to deep blue. (red 660nm accounts for 45%)
8 fans
9.5kg
482x315x70mm 19x12.4x2.75"

Grow medium is promix with dolomite lime, 30% perlite in 4 gallon/16Litre pots.(approximate)

Nutes are Botanicare Pure Blend Pro veg and flower solutions, Cal-mag(if needed), Superthrive, molasses.

Water source will be RO for the near term, due to fluctuating ph levels at the tap.

My DIY cabinet still needs to be prettied up a little but it's functional at this point. Screens are not in place/required yet. There will be 2 flower areas, the larger of the two, used for this grow, is 1 meter square (40x40"). The second chamber 51x101cm (20x40") is in use with a 126w grow which will not be covered in this journal(see link 2 in my sig). Passive air intake through the bottom of the cabinet, exhaust is a speed controlled 4" Soler&Palau inline fan, model TD100x MixVent(very quiet). Currently venting through a window, but that may change to an attic discharge once it's warm enough to work up there.

Seeds were soaked Feb14th. White Widow seeds have only germed 1 of 4, so I am soaking 3 more WW seeds, we'll see how they do.I also started 4 Afghani Hindu Kush and they opened after 12 hour soak and were above ground in 3 days. I believe that verifies that my methods are sound.I may end up with the Afi's as the focus for this journal, but it's early yet.

pics up later, it's a little late tonight.

All are welcome to comment, suggest, or just lurk if you prefer. No LED wars please, heheh

lol this was supposed to be my birthday grow but I got stoned and I missed it, heheh. Better late than never.

hi mate now this is gonna be a cool grow.....all that wattage extra for your babies.....white widow eh ?...so am i right in thinking they frost up in flower?....i love seeing them frost ha ha.....can t wait for the pics.....im subscibed and honoured im first here hehe..........be lucky weedtastic

hello my friend, you got the best seat in the house, well done. :welcome:
Yeah 288w should help fill in some bud especially compared to the UFO. I'm not expecting colas like your first set of russians but I hope to see some respectable bud. The pics at the seedhouse were loaded with crystal so the potential should be there. I'm looking forward to a much healthier grow here and in the 126w journal. Any sign of mold and I'm adding UVC to my air ducts, that'll fix those nasty spores, heheh. But with good air flow and no basement closet in the mix I hope to get the smell back and have a healthy set of plants.
Should have some pics coming up shortly.

You've got some great looking clones on the go, off to a great start.

I no longer see the link when I view large size pics so I guess my journals will now have smaller pics.

Seeds soaked feb14th pics are from feb20th 4 Afi's and one lonely White Widow.
IMG_04832.JPG

IMG_04844.JPG

The Doggies Nutz WW are not impressing me in the slightest as far as germination goes. Cost 3x as much as the High Quality Seeds Afi's and only 25% germ rate.
You don't always get what you pay for.

The cabinet, incomplete but functional enough at this point in time. Should be able to get it wired today. Yes the room needs paint. So shoot me, it was only for storage, lol.
Air intake is through a channel in the bottom center of the cabinet, into 2 4" tubes to split it between the chambers. Two 4" outlets into a box on top containing a homebuilt carbon filter. I didn't pipe intake air directly into the tent due to cold winter air. Window is open 24/7 to supply lots of fresh air to the room where it is heated to keep grow temps in a decent range. The 288w led is on the left.

IMG_05942.JPG

HPIM3577.JPG

Just curious if anyone can I.D. this strain for me.
I believe it's either white rhino or freisland, the two strains this grower had on hand. It was at least 5 days in a trash bag with a load of fan leaves that I inherited to make budder. Still looked viable so I trimmed the bottom half and dipped it in Stim Root powder and stuck it in promix.
It's amazing to me that it took but it seems to be thriving.
I've smoked the freisland and the white rhino but never seen either up close and personal. I'm hoping it's the fresiland.
HPIM3587.JPG

quote:- I no longer see the link when I view large size pics so I guess my journals will now have smaller pics.

i had the same problem!.... when looking at your pic try clicking on it, a bigger pic will open in a new window, right click on that pic and copy the url and it will appear that size in your journal, hope that helps! :ganjamon:

quote:- I no longer see the link when I view large size pics so I guess my journals will now have smaller pics.

i had the same problem!.... when looking at your pic try clicking on it, a bigger pic will open in a new window, right click on that pic and copy the url and it will appear that size in your journal, hope that helps! :ganjamon:

thanks crazy horse, I should have tried that but I just figured the powers that be probably blocked posting the big pics. Cool, I like big pics.
thanks again.

yeah it works from the properties button, man I'm brain dead tonight. lol

Everything looks good bro.

Congrats on your new grow area. It kinda looks like my area but bigger....lol

I'm posted and excited to watch this grow..

Thanks MI.

I was just about finished building when the 288w became available so I had to add some space. Bigger than I'd planned on going but what the hell.

Welcome aboard brother.

Looks like I got in while there's still some front row seats! :woohoo:!

Should be a fun ride coming up Mmmmick. :popcorn: I sure would like to try those LEDs one of these days. Like computers, once you've got one something better and cheaper comes out right away. Can't win for losing! LoL

See ya L8r and +Rep to get you going!

:peace:

yeah just getting started over here also, still lots of good seats.

I'm hoping number 3 is relatively smooth, looking forward to better conditions over all and strains that should have some potential.

yeah seriously, I haven't owned the tri-band UFO for a year yet and there's up to 11 bandwidths in some units now. Whether they are all useful gets a little cloudy, time will tell. Always someting better but we're well past the 2 color UFO's and even the tri-bands will grow smokeable bud. Might not look great in a bag but it'll all burn, heheh.
I'm happy to get a chance to check out a brand new design. First look from what I understand, should be a fun grow. I feel so exclusive. j/k
hell I'm thrilled to have some wattage to play with, lol
90w will only get you so far.

thanks for the reps, later.

No usher to show me a seat? No matter, I'll find a good one, so I can look over your shoulder.:;):
Wait what happened to the closet? :yikes::yikes:
Man, have you been busy or what. Nice job on the building:welldone:
I agree with you....lucky to be doing this......2 cool LED grows at once.:goodjob:
They sure have changed since we bought our poor 90w UFOs. May you have nothing but good things happen on these two grows Buddy. :ganjamon:
The future will be something to behold if things still change with the same speed we have already experienced in our lives.:clap:

Inane side remark. I have to wet my thumb to use my trackball tonight. Unbelievable low humidity tonight.:smokin:

The usher must have been out back sneaking a pick me up bowl. Welcome aboard my friend.

heheh that moldy closet won't see any more green while I'm in charge.

My new cab will never look store bought but it'll have the goodies I need, and I still have all my fingers. thats a successful build in my book. I'm thrilled to have a decent air movement system in place, hope to get the stink back.
It should be fun to have 2 screens on the go, but I've got to get the times sorted out out so the chops are staggered. Eventually it'll be a perp grow of sorts.

Some rapid changes in designs lately and no sign of a slowdown yet. I've seen up to 11 wavelengths used. Thanks OMM, I'll pass those wishes on to the plants.
Yeah there have been some real advancements made in the last 60 years or so. When Ifirst got into Sci-fi the really wild stuff was spaceships and ray guns and we've got all that now. I want to kick around long enough to be able to teleport at least once before I croak, lol.

Another assumption on my part, I always assumed hot and humid went with the islands.

The usher must have been out back sneaking a pick me up bowl. Welcome aboard my friend.

heheh that moldy closet won't see any more green while I'm in charge.

My new cab will never look store bought but it'll have the goodies I need, and I still have all my fingers. thats a successful build in my book. I'm thrilled to have a decent air movement system in place, hope to get the stink back.
It should be fun to have 2 screens on the go, but I've got to get the times sorted out out so the chops are staggered. Eventually it'll be a perp grow of sorts.

Some rapid changes in designs lately and no sign of a slowdown yet. I've seen up to 11 wavelengths used. Thanks OMM, I'll pass those wishes on to the plants.
Yeah there have been some real advancements made in the last 60 years or so. When Ifirst got into Sci-fi the really wild stuff was spaceships and ray guns and we've got all that now. I want to kick around long enough to be able to teleport at least once before I croak, lol.

Another assumption on my part, I always assumed hot and humid went with the islands.

As long as it works, it doesn't have to look good. Function over beauty anytime as far I'm concerned. Wished I'd known that before I got married the first time. Personally I would like to go through a Stargate. Same kinda thing I guess.
I hope you do get the timing down for a perpetual grow. Seems to me this first time through will be a shake down run. You'll see what each light does and what your strain(s) will do with each. Hope your not skipping the on the notes you 'll need to make. I'm already rushing to keep good records that I can look back on and actually read what went on. I was too brief my first run.

Hawaii is different to me since I started growing. Once I actually paid attention to the weather , I've learned allot. We are in a bad drought. It rains hard as hell at times, but we need a long rainy spell. The last two months the humidity has been as low as 24. I was like you, I thought it was always kinda humid. Not so. I guess I was too busy doing life to notice. Course a Zen guy would say I was living in the moment of what I was doing.

Can you believe how our thinking has changed since we started growing? Now we planing, building, becoming amateur chemist? Love it!:peacetwo:

fantastic set up mate you always put the work in for sure looks great mate.....best set up for sure....is it me or does our first grow seem like decades ago ? ha ha....i noticed the intake/outake fan and it occured to me that if that thing makes noise two elasticated cords to suspend it cuts vibration noise and loft insulation and a wooden box around the fan cuts the whoosh sound.....only mentioned it if u had guests that don t need to hear it or keeps u awake at night.......as i already said mate great set up and a great job done.....now can u get your ass round here and fix me a new set up lol...........be lucky weedtastic.....ops sorry no idea of the strain but nice short node spacing and strong to bounce back.....reminds me we are all growing weeds and not plants most plants i know wudda been dead already......im likeing it hehe

As long as it works, it doesn't have to look good. Function over beauty anytime as far I'm concerned. Wished I'd known that before I got married the first time. Personally I would like to go through a Stargate. Same kinda thing I guess.
I hope you do get the timing down for a perpetual grow. Seems to me this first time through will be a shake down run. You'll see what each light does and what your strain(s) will do with each. Hope your not skipping the on the notes you 'll need to make. I'm already rushing to keep good records that I can look back on and actually read what went on. I was too brief my first run.

Hawaii is different to me since I started growing. Once I actually paid attention to the weather , I've learned allot. We are in a bad drought. It rains hard as hell at times, but we need a long rainy spell. The last two months the humidity has been as low as 24. I was like you, I thought it was always kinda humid. Not so. I guess I was too busy doing life to notice. Course a Zen guy would say I was living in the moment of what I was doing.

Can you believe how our thinking has changed since we started growing? Now we planing, building, becoming amateur chemist? Love it!:peacetwo:

There's always some form or another of molecule deconstruction involved. And then there's the second marriage, heheh.
yeah shakedown, I'm still trying to get a grip on basics, as in healthy plants, lol. It may take me a couple of runs to get things smoothed out and perking the way they should.
I started with minimal notes and I am slowly getting more consistent in that regard. Working on it tho.

RH 24 wow, and I thought the islands would be a constant struggle against mold, at least indoors.
With short term issues like mine, it's necessary to live in the instant, not the moment. Got it bad.

fantastic set up mate you always put the work in for sure looks great mate.....best set up for sure....is it me or does our first grow seem like decades ago ? ha ha....i noticed the intake/outake fan and it occured to me that if that thing makes noise two elasticated cords to suspend it cuts vibration noise and loft insulation and a wooden box around the fan cuts the whoosh sound.....only mentioned it if u had guests that don t need to hear it or keeps u awake at night.......as i already said mate great set up and a great job done.....now can u get your ass round here and fix me a new set up lol...........be lucky weedtastic.....ops sorry no idea of the strain but nice short node spacing and strong to bounce back.....reminds me we are all growing weeds and not plants most plants i know wudda been dead already......im likeing it hehe

Thanks weedtastic, I've got some clean space to play in at least. It really was less than a year, doesn't feel that way.

Yeah I've got a rubber bungee as a hangar right now, seems to work fine. The fan is almost silent on low and not much louder than the lights when on high. Very little sound with the door closed and it doesn't transmit through walls at all. I'm quite impressed with how quiet it is and I get one complete air exchange a minute in the cabinet.
Fair trade, you keep an eye on my methods in the garden and I'll build your setup for you, lol.
Yeah these are hardy little buggers, they gotta be to survive around me.:grinjoint:

Couple of pics of the light, the case is the standard form we see on other fan cooled LED's. 8 fans but really not very loud. From 5 feet away through a hollow core door, it is difficult to hear.
HPIM3589.JPG

HPIM3593.JPG

HPIM3596.JPG

HPIM3649.JPG

sorry the pics are a little off center

Back
Top Bottom