Moonshine First Grow - Crop King Autos Early Miss & NYC Diesel

Rate this thread

• Total voters
Gooday everyone, Moonshine have some info to deal with your high R/H. First "NICE OHIOBOY" keep them frosty and nothing compares to homegrown (Cure it well). Pennywise glad to see your not holed up mourning your lose and Flaunting your FREE mammoth P (I would, can I have some). AND Moonshine some reading material for you. Major concern with high R/H is Powdery Mildew. Keep a good air flow and use this as a deterrent, mix 1 part milk to 8 part water, use early in morning or late in evening in full sun. Enjoy

Milk is a useful fungicide in the garden, and is more effective than standard chemical brands.
Researchers believe the potassium phosphate in milk boosts a plant's immune system to fight the fungi.
Where most organic gardeners use a baking soda, soap and oil solution, milk may be substituted to combat the unwanted fungus.
Preparing a Milk Solution and Spraying Schedule
The correct dilution and spraying schedule for garden plants depends on the situation and takes some trial and error.
A milk fungicide solution can range from 1 part milk to 9 parts water, to a strong, milk-only solution. A 1:1 dilution may work for a week, but a 1:8 solution requires spraying every 3 or 4 days.
Skim milk may work better than whole milk, as the higher fat milk may clog a sprayer; even reconstituted powdered milk works
Uses for Milk Fungicide
Milk was originally used in the garden to treat powdery mildew on squash plants. It is now also commonly used on flowers such as rudebekia (Black-eyed Susans) and Begonias to cure powdery mildew.
Milk has also been used to cure Botrytis on a Cyclamen houseplant. This was applied full strength every morning (leftover breakfast milk). Rotten leaves were picked away and the plant pulled through with no more Botrytis.
Black spots and rust on roses can be controlled but not cured with milk. Fortunately, milk can prevent the spread of these fungi to other plants and new leaves. This can be very useful when bringing home a plant from the nursery and finding a black spot.

The copyright of the article Milk as a Garden Fungicide for Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, and Black Spots in Organic Gardening is owned by Deborah Turton. Permission to republish Milk as a Garden Fungicide for Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, and Black Spots in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Less than 3 years ago, researchers in South America discovered a new alternative to controlling powdery mildew. Wagner Bettiol, a scientist from Brazil, found that weekly sprays of milk controlled powdery mildew in zucchini just as effectively as synthetic fungicides such as fenarimol or benomyl. Not only was milk found to be effective at controlling the disease, it also acted as a foliar fertilizer, boosting the plant's immune system.

Powdery mildew in the cucurbit family is caused by the organism Sphaerotheca Fuliginea. It is a serious disease that occurs worldwide. For decades, organic gardeners had to rely on making a spray from baking soda to control the disease. Now, instead of measuring out the baking soda and combining it with a surfactant (a "sticking" substance) of either oil or soap, gardeners need only head for their refrigerators.

In his experiments with zucchini plants, Bettiol found that a weekly spray of milk at a concentration of at least 10% (1 part milk to 9 parts water) significantly reduced the severity of powdery mildew infection on the plants by 90%. While some gardeners may be tempted to increase the concentration of milk for more control, Bettiol found that once concentrations rose above 30%, an innoccuous fungus began to grow on the plants. How does milk control powdery mildew?

Scientist aren't 100% sure how milk works to control this disease. It seems that milk is a natural germicide. In addition, it contains several naturally occurring salts and amino acids that are taken up by the plant. From previous experiments using sodium bicarbonate, potassium phosphate, and other salts, researchers have found that the disease is sensitive to these salts. It is possible then, that milk boosts the plant's immune system to prevent the disease.

Milk used around the world
The benefits of using milk to control powdery mildew haven't been isolated to Brazil. Melon growers in New Zealand are saving thousands of dollars every year by spraying their crops with milk instead of synthetic fungicides. The melon growers in New Zealand have been so successful that the wine industry is taking notice and beginning experiments using milk to control powdery mildew in grapes.

What kind of milk should be used?
In Bettiol's original experiment, fresh milk was used, straight from the cow. However, this is obviously not feasible to most home gardeners. The research work in New Zealand actually found that using skim milk was just as effective. Not only was it cheaper, but the fact that the milk had no fat content meant that there was less chance of any odours.

Wagner Bettiol's original article was published in the journal Crop Science (Vol. 18, 1999, pp. 489-92).

Gooday everyone, Moonshine have some info to deal with your high R/H. First "NICE OHIOBOY" keep them frosty and nothing compares to homegrown (Cure it well). Pennywise glad to see your not holed up mourning your lose and Flaunting your FREE mammoth P (I would, can I have some). AND Moonshine some reading material for you. Major concern with high R/H is Powdery Mildew. Keep a good air flow and use this as a deterrent, mix 1 part milk to 8 part water, use early in morning or late in evening in full sun. Enjoy

Milk is a useful fungicide in the garden, and is more effective than standard chemical brands.
Researchers believe the potassium phosphate in milk boosts a plant's immune system to fight the fungi.
Where most organic gardeners use a baking soda, soap and oil solution, milk may be substituted to combat the unwanted fungus.
Preparing a Milk Solution and Spraying Schedule
The correct dilution and spraying schedule for garden plants depends on the situation and takes some trial and error.
A milk fungicide solution can range from 1 part milk to 9 parts water, to a strong, milk-only solution. A 1:1 dilution may work for a week, but a 1:8 solution requires spraying every 3 or 4 days.
Skim milk may work better than whole milk, as the higher fat milk may clog a sprayer; even reconstituted powdered milk works
Uses for Milk Fungicide
Milk was originally used in the garden to treat powdery mildew on squash plants. It is now also commonly used on flowers such as rudebekia (Black-eyed Susans) and Begonias to cure powdery mildew.
Milk has also been used to cure Botrytis on a Cyclamen houseplant. This was applied full strength every morning (leftover breakfast milk). Rotten leaves were picked away and the plant pulled through with no more Botrytis.
Black spots and rust on roses can be controlled but not cured with milk. Fortunately, milk can prevent the spread of these fungi to other plants and new leaves. This can be very useful when bringing home a plant from the nursery and finding a black spot.

The copyright of the article Milk as a Garden Fungicide for Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, and Black Spots in Organic Gardening is owned by Deborah Turton. Permission to republish Milk as a Garden Fungicide for Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, and Black Spots in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Less than 3 years ago, researchers in South America discovered a new alternative to controlling powdery mildew. Wagner Bettiol, a scientist from Brazil, found that weekly sprays of milk controlled powdery mildew in zucchini just as effectively as synthetic fungicides such as fenarimol or benomyl. Not only was milk found to be effective at controlling the disease, it also acted as a foliar fertilizer, boosting the plant's immune system.

Powdery mildew in the cucurbit family is caused by the organism Sphaerotheca Fuliginea. It is a serious disease that occurs worldwide. For decades, organic gardeners had to rely on making a spray from baking soda to control the disease. Now, instead of measuring out the baking soda and combining it with a surfactant (a "sticking" substance) of either oil or soap, gardeners need only head for their refrigerators.

In his experiments with zucchini plants, Bettiol found that a weekly spray of milk at a concentration of at least 10% (1 part milk to 9 parts water) significantly reduced the severity of powdery mildew infection on the plants by 90%. While some gardeners may be tempted to increase the concentration of milk for more control, Bettiol found that once concentrations rose above 30%, an innoccuous fungus began to grow on the plants. How does milk control powdery mildew?

Scientist aren't 100% sure how milk works to control this disease. It seems that milk is a natural germicide. In addition, it contains several naturally occurring salts and amino acids that are taken up by the plant. From previous experiments using sodium bicarbonate, potassium phosphate, and other salts, researchers have found that the disease is sensitive to these salts. It is possible then, that milk boosts the plant's immune system to prevent the disease.

Milk used around the world
The benefits of using milk to control powdery mildew haven't been isolated to Brazil. Melon growers in New Zealand are saving thousands of dollars every year by spraying their crops with milk instead of synthetic fungicides. The melon growers in New Zealand have been so successful that the wine industry is taking notice and beginning experiments using milk to control powdery mildew in grapes.

What kind of milk should be used?
In Bettiol's original experiment, fresh milk was used, straight from the cow. However, this is obviously not feasible to most home gardeners. The research work in New Zealand actually found that using skim milk was just as effective. Not only was it cheaper, but the fact that the milk had no fat content meant that there was less chance of any odours.

Wagner Bettiol's original article was published in the journal Crop Science (Vol. 18, 1999, pp. 489-92).
You can get a free sample of mammoth p, if you want pm me and I'll explain everything they just started a international program so everywhere in the world now

You can get a free sample of mammoth p, if you want pm me and I'll explain everything they just started a international program so everywhere in the world now
Nothing is free.

IMG_69538.JPG
IMG_69547.JPG
IMG_69579.JPG
IMG_69568.JPG
IMG_69557.JPG

Day 56

Moon I'm. So jealous but Damn man. I hope you post another journal one day. You can only go up from here bro. ✌ ✌

Thanks king and all you kind patient knowledgeable folks who have helped me to get this far. You all know who you are. Too long a list to name everyone. Not really much going on. Just added additional clip fan to greenhouse. Nice $10 sturdy clip fan at target. Feeding 1/4 strength an ph per grow/micro, full strength an ph per bloom, 1 1/2reaspoon to gallon of an big bud. Switching them into full sun twice day. Inspecting for & squashing catapillars daily. Got a huge bumble bee get so ripped crawling on a plant I watched him just look dizzy & fall off. Felt bad, but funny as hell. Attempted back building. Prolly put a few small pots, or one big one that might fit in my 4x5x2 tent and get under 20/4 for a few days. Gonna need space heater one last time for next few days. Let's see....what else....oh!!!! Bout 3 weeks left & I been smoking the bits from back building. I put on plate for one day under the cupboard. Stank up the house something serious. Got desperate & curious.... the NYC has clear trichs & got freakin ripped off two pulls from a mini bong. Wowww!! & it's only supposed to have 17% thc. Wife got ripped too. I got as high if not better high than the stuff I've been paying for. Didn't have flavor really, smelled like hay/wet lawn clippings, had to keep lighter on it and carb it good to get good hit. Immediately started doing busy work gettin short done. Chatting. Giggling. Blah blah. Lol. Ok. So that said. I may not get the ounce per plant but I hope I get at least 5 dry ounces. Would get us through almost a year and save us $1200 this year as well as pay for all the initial investment. Hope life allows me to do this again. Think it's time to start reading up on flushing, harvesting, drying & curing. I can't wait to see how they shape up over the next couple weeks. Peace y'all.

Thanks king and all you kind patient knowledgeable folks who have helped me to get this far. You all know who you are. Too long a list to name everyone. Not really much going on. Just added additional clip fan to greenhouse. Nice $10 sturdy clip fan at target. Feeding 1/4 strength an ph per grow/micro, full strength an ph per bloom, 1 1/2reaspoon to gallon of an big bud. Switching them into full sun twice day. Inspecting for & squashing catapillars daily. Got a huge bumble bee get so ripped crawling on a plant I watched him just look dizzy & fall off. Felt bad, but funny as hell. Attempted back building. Prolly put a few small pots, or one big one that might fit in my 4x5x2 tent and get under 20/4 for a few days. Gonna need space heater one last time for next few days. Let's see....what else....oh!!!! Bout 3 weeks left & I been smoking the bits from back building. I put on plate for one day under the cupboard. Stank up the house something serious. Got desperate & curious.... the NYC has clear trichs & got freakin ripped off two pulls from a mini bong. Wowww!! & it's only supposed to have 17% thc. Wife got ripped too. I got as high if not better high than the stuff I've been paying for. Didn't have flavor really, smelled like hay/wet lawn clippings, had to keep lighter on it and carb it good to get good hit. Immediately started doing busy work gettin short done. Chatting. Giggling. Blah blah. Lol. Ok. So that said. I may not get the ounce per plant but I hope I get at least 5 dry ounces. Would get us through almost a year and save us $1200 this year as well as pay for all the initial investment. Hope life allows me to do this again. Think it's time to start reading up on flushing, harvesting, drying & curing. I can't wait to see how they shape up over the next couple weeks. Peace y'all.
No problem moon . Just looking out g.

Keep your head up . My nyc d is done I'll ha e a double session for you L . .

nice to read this ....

been away for 5 days and also didnt toke for 5 days ... boy did i get a punch in the face from this first J... didnt knew tollerance could reset that fast ...

hey Moon keep up the good work .... for a first grow you extremely well :bravo:

my lady on the otherhand looks abit shabbier tbh as i had to leave her fend for herself for 4 nights.... upperleaves on the cola seem to get sucked dry from nugs .... and boy do i have nugs ... the top cola is turning into a 33cl sodacan ... fuck me sweet jezus ... i will post a pic soon ... youll see that alos the P-lockout came back witha vengance but this time i believe its the flush and 1/2 feed is to blame like 10 days ago ... just watered unphed water on monday till today ... unphed at 8.5 ish to counter the ever still acidic runoff ...

but anyway moonshine i looking forward to compare our grows yields ;) and how we deal with the finishing weeks heh ...

Pt

nice to read this ....

been away for 5 days and also didnt toke for 5 days ... boy did i get a punch in the face from this first J... didnt knew tollerance could reset that fast ...

hey Moon keep up the good work .... for a first grow you extremely well :bravo:

my lady on the otherhand looks abit shabbier tbh as i had to leave her fend for herself for 4 nights.... upperleaves on the cola seem to get sucked dry from nugs .... and boy do i have nugs ... the top cola is turning into a 33cl sodacan ... fuck me sweet jezus ... i will post a pic soon ... youll see that alos the P-lockout came back witha vengance but this time i believe its the flush and 1/2 feed is to blame like 10 days ago ... just watered unphed water on monday till today ... unphed at 8.5 ish to counter the ever still acidic runoff ...

but anyway moonshine i looking forward to compare our grows yields ;) and how we deal with the finishing weeks heh ...

Pt

Thanks p t. Yeah haven't been on here as much as before. Been busy. Looks like you're going to be feasting in quick order. :thumb: that is one fat cola dude. I'm day sixty for one of the 5 g pots. All the others are four days behind. So day 56. Wish I could be done now. So if
The pistils are still white I'm guessing you wouldn't get very elevated from it if you harvested while they're white. I'm hoping to make it to 75-80 days for all of them.

I fear my plant needs intervention again cause so many white pistils means way longer as i anticipated ... looked ad richs today for first time ... still clear ... will give a nice feed tomorrow ... hope that amends the P shortage abit .... i guess the big colas are sucking it all up ... man this is going to surpass my best grow sofar by many multiple times ... 1 side cola is almost as much as my last harvest ... boink

pt

also ... these pistils seem to stay white like forevver wtf ??? i dont get it as she looks like she gonna start foxtailing at day 79 from prescribed 75 by HSO

pt

Just being lazy & figured I'd ask you instead of looking it up.....what's fox tailing? Thanks p t. Disturbing shite going down in my town. Crazy crazy shite. Wish I could share with you without revealing my 20!! happy weekend y'all.

I fear my plant needs intervention again cause so many white pistils means way longer as i anticipated ... looked ad richs today for first time ... still clear ... will give a nice feed tomorrow ... hope that amends the P shortage abit .... i guess the big colas are sucking it all up ... man this is going to surpass my best grow sofar by many multiple times ... 1 side cola is almost as much as my last harvest ... boink

pt

Awesome p t. That's the news I love to hear. I'm in same boat. Got two huge plants, two more short stocky ones. Then a bunch of who knows....6 of them. Some have come on & im glad I didn't trash them. The ones that smell stinky...2 of them...look like this....
IMG_698810.JPG

Back
Top Bottom