GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

Congratulations Glimmer, I remember you started about 3 weeks before my 1st grow that I had to abandon, and WOW what a fantastic job you have did and a very good yield, I just hope I manage to do half as good!!!
Take care and I am looking forward to your next journal:circle-of-love:

Congrats GG its been a long time coming but its finally here, i hope your harvest brings you many times of happiness lol

THANK YOU, ALL! It really couldn't have happened without all your support and advice, guys. The only person in my analogue world who knew I was growing was my husband, and he was supportive and all (as he is of all my hobbies :)) but it's so nice to be able to get advice and correction and suggestions for the future from a community of very nice, very supportive and very knowledgeable people.

I chopped Charybdis today, too -- all of her, although I could certainly have let the lower flowers go longer.

IMG_62505.JPG
IMG_62515.JPG
IMG_62523.JPG
IMG_62534.JPG

Much, much easier and faster the second time, with the chopping and budwashing (why does autocorrect always want to make that "bedwetting"? :)) Partly because I'm more businesslike now (with my vast experience heh heh heh) because I"m not marvelling at every bud. Wait, I wasn't stoned this morning! That's probably a big part of it :))

I like the rhythm that budwashing imposes -- chop, quick trim, wash and hang -- then an interregnum while the branches dry out enough to trim. If I can get a nice big cardboard box today, I can trim them and hang them in their own box.

I'm not going to get as much from Charybdis as I did from her sister. Her sister's buds were rock hard, there was less popcorn and she was totally ready. Charybdis is much fluffier, none of her buds are as hard as the top 5 or so of Scylla's are. Interesting. It wasn't scientific, of course, but the principal difference is that Scylla was topped and Charybdis was just half-assedly LSTed. Also, I don't know what the hell I'm doing :)

Scylla's trim is drying out a bit on a cookie sheet -- my tiny little crock pot arrives tomorrow and I'm going to make butter!

Love to you all, guys.

Aww, I missed it. Damn personality psyche essay. Seems everything went smoothly Glim, I'm glad you had fun. You weren't stoned? Why? You need to do this stoned. Connect with the plant at a different level lol. Soooooo, whats next?

Aww, I missed it. Damn personality psyche essay. Seems everything went smoothly Glim, I'm glad you had fun. You weren't stoned? Why? You need to do this stoned. Connect with the plant at a different level lol. Soooooo, whats next?

YES, you are so right, Mello! That was my big mistake with the second plant :)

Next is all autos again, but three strains: Blue Dream, Amnesia XXL and Dark Devil!

And then I want to go back to Crop King Seeds and try their Jack Herer :)

What an incredibly outstanding job! That looks like a harvest for the books! I hope you and the hubby are seriously proud of yourselves. Give each other a big hug and a big kiss and truly appreciate your accomplishment. This is a big deal!! You did it!!

Those buds look flawless! Outstanding work! I can NOT wait to see those in Nug of the Month! I think that final photos of the two are also worthy of Plant of the Month!!

It was an absolutely beautiful sight watching you pour your heart into these girls and I'm totally looking forward to watching you out do yourselves!!

:love: Lots of love to you guys! :love:

Beautifully documented Glimmer. That's what you want to be able to look back on. I could feel the thrill in the air girl. :high-five: Send me an invite to your next grow. I'd love to ride along again. :love:

YES, you are so right, Mello! That was my big mistake with the second plant :)

Next is all autos again, but three strains: Blue Dream, Amnesia XXL and Dark Devil!

And then I want to go back to Crop King Seeds and try their Jack Herer :)

I always think "B A R consider Jack Herer to be his favorite smoke" and resolve all over again to grow a regular strain one day. My auto JH was the smoothest smoke I've grown to date.

Oh, my dears -- you make me so happy to be here :circle-of-love:

Trimmed Charybdis tonight --

226.02 of wet bud - so I hope it will be a little under 2 ounces dry
60.29 wet weight of trim

She definitely had more fluffy open buds overall -- further along the road to fox tailing, for one thing. I suspect they got much less light partly because it took me so long to defoliate the bottom third of the plant. But there were a few nice hard flowers among them.

So I'm hoping for 4 ounces overall from the two plants, off 205 real watts which is about exactly .5 g per watt. A perfect beginner's yield and I'm happy with it :) Gives me something to shoot for with my next grow, but I'm now looking at the fact that I will have far too much cannabis to consume myself -- Christmas gifts? What the hell! The perfect stocking stuffer :)

And I've just found out why you shouldn't rub your eyes after trimming without gloves -- damn, that stings!

I didn't know that about the eyes and the stinging. Thanks Glim. I would fall in love with you for giving me cannagifts for Christmas. No offense to your partner or anything.

Back
Top Bottom