GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

oooooooooooohhhhh!!!! i can't stand it any more.. just smoke some :rofl:

Bwah hah hah -- that just make me chortle :) I kinda feel that way, too ...

Is this after you have dried or is this the drying and curing process?

It's the whole thing -- I guess it's a way of using RH to know where the buds are on the journey from drying to curing, which I guess is a continuum, really. We start curing the instant we start drying -- trying to control the rate at which the buds dry so that eventually they can be stored long term.

That is some damn good info GG! Thank you for that post !

You are so welcome!

I can't hold back. I'm pulling lil buds off weeks before harvest to sample. In my last grow. The smaller buds dried much quicker than the big nugs so I naturally started smoking that stuff first. Still haven't gone through one of my 3 jars yet. Those big nugs have gone almost 6 weeks in curing. Smell great:thumb:

i admire your patience. you'd make a wonderful mycologist. :love:

I do find spores and fungi fascinating -- kinda freaky, but fascinating! I can see that there are definitely links between fungi and cannabis ...

I can't hold back. I'm pulling lil buds off weeks before harvest to sample. In my last grow. The smaller buds dried much quicker than the big nugs so I naturally started smoking that stuff first. Still haven't gone through one of my 3 jars yet. Those big nugs have gone almost 6 weeks in curing. Smell great:thumb:

Man, they must smell amazing! I jarred up my grow yesterday and today, and it actually smells like real cannabis :) Funny, I think I haven't really made the connection between the shit I've bought for 35 years and the nugs I've watched grow over the last few months. It's still a little bit academic to me, but I guess when I smoke it for the first time, I'll make that connection, eh?

While jarring it up I kept smelling my fingers and thinking -- I wonder what this tastes like? I wonder what the high is like? This will get me high, right? I should actually probably try it now, so I know what the changes it will undergo in the next few weeks/months are really like. Okay, maybe tomorrow!

FINAL YIELD:
Scylla: 48g
Charybdis: 42g
TOTAL: 90g from 205w = .44 g per watt

I didn't bother trying to sort the nugs by quality -- most of it is popcorn/mids anyway, but there are a couple of really lovely ones in there :)

And here's my Pinterest-ready photo of mason jarred homegrown bud complete with chalkboard style labels :)

IMG_62747.JPG

Wooo Hoo:goodjob:

Look great in the jars :thumb:

I realized last night that I don't smoke that much. I've hardly dipped into the prime buds, just smoking the smaller outer buds. I'm only smoking my own grown smoke now. My wife still buys hers because she still doesn't feel like mine gets her as buzzed. I don't know what kind it is we were typically getting when we purchase it. Maybe it's more sativa than indica. The NL is really good for relaxing and before bed. I'm anxious to see what this Jack Herer's buzz will be like.

Glimmer - it will be a great experience the first time you grind up a bud and smoke your own grow:bong: Enjoy :Namaste:

I do find spores and fungi fascinating -- kinda freaky, but fascinating! I can see that there are definitely links between fungi and cannabis ...

Man, they must smell amazing! I jarred up my grow yesterday and today, and it actually smells like real cannabis :) Funny, I think I haven't really made the connection between the shit I've bought for 35 years and the nugs I've watched grow over the last few months. It's still a little bit academic to me, but I guess when I smoke it for the first time, I'll make that connection, eh?

While jarring it up I kept smelling my fingers and thinking -- I wonder what this tastes like? I wonder what the high is like? This will get me high, right? I should actually probably try it now, so I know what the changes it will undergo in the next few weeks/months are really like. Okay, maybe tomorrow!

FINAL YIELD:
Scylla: 48g
Charybdis: 42g
TOTAL: 90g from 205w = .44 g per watt

I didn't bother trying to sort the nugs by quality -- most of it is popcorn/mids anyway, but there are a couple of really lovely ones in there :)

And here's my Pinterest-ready photo of mason jarred homegrown bud complete with chalkboard style labels :)

IMG_62747.JPG

I'm jumping for joy for you. Bang up job, and the info on curing and storage is priceless. That's where I couldn't resist the hammer of reps any longer. :laughtwo:

golfer, I hear the Jack Herer is one of the smoothest smokes and highs you can get. I envy you. I really need to grow one full out and see for myself, but my little auto knocked my socks off and felt like I was smoking silk. If the photo variety is better, and we should assume as much, you're in for a real treat.

IMG_62816.JPG

FIRST VAPE!
EARLY MISS
CROP KING SEEDS
Big Bud x White Widow

IMG_628510.JPG

Smell of nug: Woody, spicy, dark, earthy. These smells are getting stronger (it's already stronger after 3 days in the jar than it was while drying).

Smell of ground bud: amazingly peppery! Spicy in general (I noticed this while it was flowering), but mostly pepper. And wood. (I guess this is the terpene Caryophyllene? Sabinene?) I noticed this smell, super strong, when I decarbed the trim for my canna butter. Like, it was toasted pepper :)

Taste: While the pepper is upfront in the first few draws, the exhale is sweet and woody. Not a complicated taste, yet, by any means. Much more bland than the smell.

Vape: Surprisingly smooth, consider this was chopped only 7 days ago. Didn't make me cough.

Effect: Nice body buzz within a minute, then relaxing and mellow but not sleepy. No anxiety. (This is just what I need, actually -- thank heavens! Anything that reduces my anxiety and chills me out is DEVOUTLY TO BE WISH'D.) Not a terribly strong hitter but enjoyable, and the effects lasts a while (including the buzz, which I quite enjoy). I should roll a joint -- compare the effects with the vape (all for science, of course :))

I'll be looking at how (or if) this profile changes as the cure progresses.

I've smoked WW before, but that was before I started vaping, so I just remember the earthy pungency of the buds. I haven't smoked Big Bud, and I just looked up the flavour profile on another site: Woody! Spicy/Herbal! Looks like the flavour profile of the two strains are pretty compatible.

But that pepper. That's amazing.

I think that wraps up this journal. I'll let the mods know to move it to completed, now. I invite you to join me on my new journal, linked to in my signature, where I'll also post my canna butter adventures.

I want to thank everyone who followed along, read, commented, offered advice and support and humour and kindness in these pages. More than just leading to a successful conclusion (I actually grew, harvested and have consumed my own cannabis!) you have made this place a refuge for me, peopled with kind, smart, funny and experienced men and women who are very generous with their knowledge, attention and time. THANK YOU!

I want to thank Crop King Seeds for the seeds. The two plants were quite consistent with each other.. Early Miss is very easy to grow - not fussy about nutes or anything - it's proof that an auto strain is a great option for beginning growers. Thank you, CKS, for making cannabis seeds easily available in Canada -- the process of ordering and receiving the seeds was super easy. The price was reasonable, I received the seeds quickly. I will definitely order from you guys again - looking at the Jack Herer Auto (a favourite strain) and the Hash Plant Fem and Black Indica Fem for a higher CBD profile when I decide to try photoperiods.

I also want to thank CKS for leading me here, to 420magazine -- I had been overwhelmed by the number of cannabis boards out there, and didn't know where to hang my hat.

I can't adequately tell you all how glad I am to be here :)

:thanks:

An elegant presentation and delightful smoke report. I look forward to your thoughts on edible effects. I find them so much more rewarding and lasting hours longer. I'll get subbed now.

Great work here Glimmer. What a wonderful ride, eh? Better days are still ahead. Did that make you as excited as it did me? Yeah! :laughtwo:

In January Crop King Seeds picked this journal as the winner of the 2015 Journal Competition. I was surprised and very, very honoured. In addition to the honour, CKS arranged a mind-blowing prize pack for me which I want to acknowledge here.

Not only has Crop King Seeds been extraordinarily generous with seeds (they gave me 20 seeds which I will be going in a big CKS grow later this year), they are clearly very well connected and have gone over and above finding amazing prizes for this competition.

IMG_66589.JPG

IMG_67207.JPG

BC company Mary J's Edible Medibles (who may be connected to Beard Bros?) sent four mini ginger cookies. I have to admit that as soon as I took this photo I ripped open the package and enjoyed a wee snack :) Let me tell you, ginger cookies are a brilliant choice for canna-infused edible because ginger helps cover up so much of the canna smell. I did get a tiny whiff of medication, just enough to let me know to take it easy with these! (Note: I'm glad I did, because I am tingling already!) Delicious cookies, taste every bit as good as homemade!
IMG_67216.JPG

Cannabis Culture Lounge ashtray and CKS lighter -- very cool and useful! (My household's total lack of ashtrays was noted by my brother earlier this year :)
IMG_67226.JPG

And CKS has a new line of really wonderful and detailed lapel badges: look at all these cuties Wow!
IMG_67244.JPG

And THIS. We all saw it on the CKS thread about the contest, but I never imagined I'd ever hold such a beautiful thing in my own hands. It's a Celebration Pipe from Hawaii made from a ceramic/lava composite plated in platinum and it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I'm going to spark it up later tonight (using hemp wick, thank you for that tip, Pigeons!) and make a burnt offering to the canna gods for their blessing :) It looks prehistoric, in the best way possible -- perfect for ceremonies and rites. I think I'm going to have to make a few up :) Thank you, Celebration Pipes!
IMG_67237.JPG

My humble and very grateful thanks to Crop King Seeds, for their generosity and encouragement. They're good people, they made growing cannabis possible for me and they sponsor this amazing website!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom