Moving across country

I just grew two plants and am curing it currently. However, my Mother in law is sick and I need to move across the country to tend to her. I am wondering if its possible to take a few ounces with me. I'd be traveling in a motorhome.
If I were you I wouldn’t take the chance of traveling dirty and instead I would send it from a fictitious person via Fed-X or UPS. If you your the P.O. it’s a federal rap. It prolly is using them to but less likely to be detected. Good luck 👍 CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I am wondering if its possible to take a few ounces with me. I'd be traveling in a motorhome.
It is a bit safer these days because more states are legalizing medical and recreational use. The problem is crossing into states that have not legalized the use or have restricted the type of THC that can be possessed which knocks out traveling with smoke-able buds.

Not sure what is involved with this statement "move across the country" but an example is if I were to go from the Detroit area to visit relatives in Chicago. It is legal on both ends but the problem comes up in those several miles where the roads go through Indiana where it is not yet close to being legal. Even if driving as careful as possible there still is the chance of being involved in an accident and if the stash becomes visible to the responding police officer there can be some real problems.
send it from a fictitious person via Fed-X or UPS. If you your the P.O. it’s a federal rap. It prolly is using them to but less likely to be detected.
The Feds look at shipping something using a common carrier like Fed-X or UPS as the same as mailing with the USPS as far as sending something across state lines. Fifteen or 20 years ago we went through all this on another group when some hunters and target shooters were trying to figure out how to get their rifles or handguns to another state for a hunting trip or a major competition if they were not driving.

Sending the firearm as part of their luggage on a plane meant having to put large stickers on the gun case saying what was inside. To avoid that sort of advertising to the luggage handlers they felt that mailing the gun was safer. Then to avoid mailing because of Federal laws some suggested to send Fed-X or UPS. That sounded like a good solution until they found out the laws requiring truthfully declaring what was being shipped also applied. In many ways it was worse to use the common carrier and not declare as a way to get around any Federal restriction.

Someone told me that driving over any state line with cannabis is illegal, even if it's legal in both states.
Yep Federal offense, or technically anyway for each state line crossed whether legal in all or not, it all the same to the Feds. Not sure they enforce that unless you moving larger quantities but one never knows.

Theoretically yes. But if both states are recreational, there is the case of reasonable doubt. Did you or did you not purchase it while in the state legally? "" "";)

Nothing more nerve racking then trying to carry some weed, to get federal charges. Seems stupid as most of us consume for medical purposes.

But granny can carry methadone, Percocet, fentanyl patches.....with a prescription....I think it's bs

Howdy , Sorry to hear about your inlaw! But Now the whole world knows your plan 🤣! If you want to break the law and get away with it DONT TELL ANYONE and NO Accomplices Speaking from experience !
But if it were me I would take the chance and just stash it REALLY GOOD,no burning on the trip and try to be as careful as you can and if you do get pulled over dont act guilty,but I don't think id mail it could be some serious PROBLEMS! Good luck on your decision ✌️

Theoretically yes. But if both states are recreational, there is the case of reasonable doubt. Did you or did you not purchase it while in the state legally? "" "";)

Nothing more nerve racking then trying to carry some weed, to get federal charges. Seems stupid as most of us consume for medical purposes.

But granny can carry methadone, Percocet, fentanyl patches.....with a prescription....I think it's bs

If they find you with vape cartridges, or packs of gummies, they'll ask you where you got it. If you can't name a place in that state, and can't provide proof you purchased it there, you may be in trouble.

If you're carrying mason jars of bud, and they find it, you're fucked. Plain and simple.

If they find you with vape cartridges, or packs of gummies, they'll ask you where you got it. If you can't name a place in that state, and can't provide proof you purchased it there, you may be in trouble.

If you're carrying mason jars of bud, and they find it, you're fucked. Plain and simple.
I see you point. But the state laws differ. . . Most states are not worried about papa's doobies. They want weight, they want to be the dept on the news. I've had plenty of friends mail each other things, for years. I'm not brave enough. Missouri allows you to gift up to 3 oz to a person over 21.

I see you point. But the state laws differ. . . Most states are not worried about papa's doobies. They want weight, they want to be the dept on the news. I've had plenty of friends mail each other things, for years. I'm not brave enough. Missouri allows you to gift up to 3 oz to a person over 21.

Yes, they want weight and to be on the news. Before these things, they want your out of state plates.

I wouldn't sweat it as long as you keep quantities low. How are they going to know? How many states search out of state vehicles crossing into the state without probable cause? Ca has agricultural checkpoints, where they basically ask you if you have any fruits or vegetables from out of state, regardless of what plate is on your vehicle. Usually they wave you through. if they do check the vehicle they look in coolers and refrigerators.

I wouldn't sweat it as long as you keep quantities low. How are they going to know? How many states search out of state vehicles crossing into the state without probable cause? Ca has agricultural checkpoints, where they basically ask you if you have any fruits or vegetables from out of state, regardless of what plate is on your vehicle. Usually they wave you through. if they do check the vehicle they look in coolers and refrigerators.
Arizona used to do the same thing but I haven’t driven a truck in 20 years. So I don’t know if they still do. CL🍀

The trick for the AG stations is to clean the bugs off your car's grill, windshield, and front license plate, that's what they look for (long distance driving). A guy at the AG station told me this. Other than that, without probable cause, they can't search your vehicle on a whim. (Ask me how I know)

The trick for the AG stations is to clean the bugs off your car's grill, windshield, and front license plate, that's what they look for (long distance driving). A guy at the AG station told me this. Other than that, without probable cause, they can't search your vehicle on a whim. (Ask me how I know)
How do you know?. I know I hauled produce and they were always inspecting 💩. But I was in a tractor trailer and not a 4 wheeler. CL🍀

Probable cause? They'll pull you over for driving erratically (not being perfectly centered in your lane). Or for that plush kitty cat on the rear dash (obstructed view). A cop can pull you over for anything.

If they catch you speeding, or anything else, they can search you.

No, they can't, unless they have PC or you give them permission to do so.

MAJOR EXCEPTIONS TO REQUIRING A WARRANT FOR SEARCHING A VEHICLE
· An officer that doesn't have a warrant would need express permission to search your car. Anything found in the vehicle after attaining consent for the search can be used as evidence in court.

· Police can search a vehicle without a warrant if they have probable cause that it contains evidence of illegal contraband or if that item pertains to a crime. (This must be articulated in court to a Judges satisfaction)

· Police may search your vehicle if you are being arrested. This is known as search incident to arrest. Law enforcement can search your vehicle if you are in handcuffs if you could reach the passenger compartment.

· Police can search impounded vehicle and use anything found inside of it as evidence. This is called an "inventory search."

Edit: They can pat search you for weapons, (Officer Safety), but unless there is PC or something illegal visible in the car, they need your permission to search it.

Back
Top Bottom