MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

And I do have fox farm trio nutes but shipping on ff soil is a bitch lol. Was thinking just a cheap manure compost.

Yep they're used clay hyrdo balls lol. Used several years ago. I've read you can clean them with hydro peroxide and water. I've also read that having them on top of the soil is good for moisture and bugs I think lol.

And maybe a better soil mixture would just be soil 30, perlite 30, peat moss 30, compost 10. Should I go with bat guano or worm castings instead of manure? Or should I skip the compost completely and just add all my nutes by water and foliar feedings.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a great idea to build silencer boxes for the intake/outtake fans and just have then outside the tent I have plenty of space under the stairs still. I have 2 6in duct fans and 2 4 in duct fans laying around. Plenty of 4in hosing and one six in hose. Not quite sure how ill have it all setup yet lol. One idea was to put the tent on its side. This would mean opening the doors horizontally which isn't a big deal but the floor tray wouldn't be quite long enough I'm anal like that lol. I'm concerned that 4 ft high by 5ft long will be a stretch for the 600 watt cool tube plus the 4ft is prolly ok for auto flowers but I also have regular seeds for future grows too. It would solve my vent hole issues tho. Decisions decisions... As far as shop light it's 2 t12 daylight bulbs from a previous grow. I actually have 3 more laying around lol.

I have mine set up with my fan outside my tent followed by a duct silencer and it seems to work great at cooling while cutting down on noise. My tent is also 2x4 and the fan in the tub is a great idea I may try it out!

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a great idea to build silencer boxes for the intake/outtake fans and just have then outside the tent I have plenty of space under the stairs still. I have 2 6in duct fans and 2 4 in duct fans laying around. Plenty of 4in hosing and one six in hose. Not quite sure how ill have it all setup yet lol. One idea was to put the tent on its side. This would mean opening the doors horizontally which isn't a big deal but the floor tray wouldn't be quite long enough I'm anal like that lol. I'm concerned that 4 ft high by 5ft long will be a stretch for the 600 watt cool tube plus the 4ft is prolly ok for auto flowers but I also have regular seeds for future grows too. It would solve my vent hole issues tho. Decisions decisions... As far as shop light it's 2 t12 daylight bulbs from a previous grow. I actually have 3 more laying around lol.

Looked pretty sweet, i'll probably give the stealth tub a try here when I need something more stealthy. Sounds like you have plenty of fans as well, goodshit. 600w may be a little small as you say, but it could work in that 4'x5', but the lights would be stretched due to that 5 ft. Ya gotta make due with what ya got, I say go for it! Check and see what bulbs they are, either 6500k or 3000k. If your bulbs are not 6500k I would suggest you use the MH dimmed down abit. 3000k bulbs=flowering phase; 6500k bulbs=vegetative phase. & for the soil I completely understand on the shipping, it is killer.. If MG is what you have on hand it will work don't get me wrong, just not a preferred soil for a long grow. I've only mixed a couple things in my soil and I was using FF, there are plenty of recipes around here that use those and a f handful of other additives, i'm sure you can find a good recipe to fit your needs. The mix you put up sounds pretty nice it just might need some other stuff as; Azomite, Mycorrhizea, Humic Acid, etc yadiyadiyadi; but then you are getting into more of a super soil that doesn't require nutrients. If you are going to be watching your plants and feeding them the FF nutes go for making your own soil! All experience is knowledge. Best of luck to ya mrbubbles :Namaste:

Thanks for all the great info guys. Think I'm going to try and run both duct fans inside the tent. Using a 4in intake and 6in exhaust. Seems pretty quiet so far with just the 4in. I definitely wanna upgrade to fox farm soil in the future but I'm sure this mix will work for now. Here's a few pics of the setup so far. Should have my light and seeds Monday :)

19145.jpg

20122.jpg

21483.jpg

Looking great to me :thumb: Are you leaving your lights and fans on for now? Would be a good idea to let them run for a couple days and see what kind of temps and rH you will be working with. In the picture above it looks like your accu-rite is above the tent, I would attach it somewhere inside the tent and let yours light/fans run for the day, as, tomorrow is monday, and you should be getting all your goodies :)! TODAY IS FATHERS DAY! OMG! I totally forgot.. Will stop back by later today/tomorrow sir! Have a great day, :peace: CA215

Thanks! I've ran it with the light and fans for a few hours already to test RH and temp. The current setup is perfect but that's gonna all change when I add the 600w MH and 6in fan. That's why I'm hesitant to start with the shop light because I won't have any time to dial in my light/temps lol. I'm thinking ill install the MH and 6in exhaust also above the shop light. Then I can try running it to test temp and still use the shop light for the first few weeks. Getting excited for the seeds! It says "depart sort facility" as of last night. Wish they delivered Sundays lol. Happy Fathers Day!

And maybe a better soil mixture would just be soil 30, perlite 30, peat moss 30, compost 10. Should I go with bat guano or worm castings instead of manure? Or should I skip the compost completely and just add all my nutes by water and foliar feedings.
Hey bubbles congrats on the tent install. Your grow area looks awesome. I just finished my tent in my grow space last weekend and once all that work is over its worth it huh...:thumb:
I use jamacian bat guano for flower and peruvian sea bird guano for veg. As far as foiler feeding i havent really been convinced of any results yet. I have no experience with the foiler didnt really do it much. One of my girls had a small nitrogen def at lower leaves during veg,only time i sprayed. Def do before lights off or on. Good luck!:blunt::nicethread:

Thanks! I've ran it with the light and fans for a few hours already to test RH and temp. The current setup is perfect but that's gonna all change when I add the 600w MH and 6in fan. That's why I'm hesitant to start with the shop light because I won't have any time to dial in my light/temps lol. I'm thinking ill install the MH and 6in exhaust also above the shop light. Then I can try running it to test temp and still use the shop light for the first few weeks. Getting excited for the seeds! It says "depart sort facility" as of last night. Wish they delivered Sundays lol. Happy Fathers Day!

If I remember correctly, when i had my MH running at 50% (My ambient in the house was at about 70-72f) My tent raised 10f degrees, which had my tent running at 81-83 & this is when I had my bat wing without the cool tube. Although this is all going to be different as you are probably in a different location than I, & you are in a closed closet. If I could suggest, hook up your MH in the tent like you said and let it run for a good few hours and see what you are working with. This is one thing I wish I did before I started my plants, Seems I was fighting everything for a good month until i got it all gravy.. and that month could have been used for some great veg time. Depart sort facility.. Thanks guys!!! LOL I hate that.. Or when your package is at the postal office but it's the weekend, HAH, what a bummer. In due time mrbubbles, in due time :passitleft: Have a great fathers day sir, :peace: CA215

Thanks again for all the great info guys. Couple updates today. First of all I relocated my 4in intake fan inside my tent. Really liking the new location it's much quieter now. I also installed my 6in exhaust fan. This was a huge PIA!!! As I stated in previous post the holes on my tent are only built for 4in tubing. I bought a downsizer and tried running the 6in exhaust in the tent pushing the air out through the 4in hose. This did NOT work very well. A lot of air was coming back in. I then decided to run the exhaust on the outside of the tent and pull the air out through the 4in hose. This worked perfect but the fan was pretty loud. Based on a previous post from another member I decided to try and create a stealth box for my fan. I took a small square box and cut a 6in hole on one side and a 4in hole on the other. I put my exhaust fan in there filled it with card board for insulation and in 10 minutes I had a stealth box. Looks kinda ghetto but works great! :) Now the only issue I'm having is the air coming out of the 6in exhaust tube is kind of loud with almost a slight whistle too it. I'm hoping I can try to find some type of vent silencer that will fix that. Tomorrow I should get my seeds, light, another downsizer to hook up the cooltube to the 4in, and perlite. Couldn't find perlite in 8 different stores today lol. I hope everyone had a great Fathers Day! I'm about to go take my smoked pork roast off the grill! :) Here's a few pics of the new setup just waiting for the girls now.

22169.jpg

23149.jpg

24136.jpg

25133.jpg

26132.jpg

27130.jpg

28125.jpg

29125.jpg

3087.jpg

Planting day is here! One question for you guys first... All autoflower seeds should I put them in a tray with peat pods or directly to 3 gal pots? Not a big fan of the paper towel/cup of water method. I'm at work now and can't wait to get off. Will update pics tonight once I get the new light hooked up and seeds planted :)

So got my light today about to install it.

Very nice stealth box! Cheap and efficient!! You don't have to use the sterlite box and you took full advantage of that, sweet! +reps mrbubbles! Glad you have your tent area completely set up, congrats!! I suggest, if you are around the us, hit up a Lowes or Home Depot and you can get a huge bag for a little over 15 bucks, i'm sure it will last me 2+ more grows.

Totally bummed cuz I wanted to plant tonight. Maybe a good thing though cuz my MH bulb was broke on delivery but HPS was intact. Also my temps are too high running the hps at 100% so trying 75% with a humidifier now.

Stealth box is working good still have a slight whistling/noise though. Hmmmm...

I emailed them right away hopefully ill get a response tomorrow.

We have a meat and bread man over here...! Boo ya! Looking good. You're on your waaay :high-five:

Totally bummed cuz I wanted to plant tonight. Maybe a good thing though cuz my MH bulb was broke on delivery but HPS was intact. Also my temps are too high running the hps at 100% so trying 75% with a humidifier now.

Stealth box is working good still have a slight whistling/noise though. Hmmmm...

Hey if you have troubles geting seeds, try to get regular seeds (not autoflowers) and make a mother plant, that way you can just clone like a fool and have all the plants with out any of the other issues to deal/sweat about.

Just food for thought! :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom