MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

Oh trust me that's my plan. This was going to be my only seed order for years there's 10 strains total. 6 are auto flower. I was really looking for good genetics. So frustrating for this to happen considering all the new marijuana legislation. Without getting into too much detail lets just say I live very close to CO. I have friends that grow and work in dispensaries out there. It's amazing to think that it's legal out there but not where Im at. Hopefully ill be moving to CO soon and my worries will be over. So bummed right now it's gonna be weeks before I can start and my rooms just sitting there waiting ugh! FML!

Oh trust me that's my plan. This was going to be my only seed order for years there's 10 strains total. 6 are auto flower. I was really looking for good genetics. So frustrating for this to happen considering all the new marijuana legislation. Without getting into too much detail lets just say I live very close to CO. I have friends that grow and work in dispensaries out there. It's amazing to think that it's legal out there but not where Im at. Hopefully ill be moving to CO soon and my worries will be over. So bummed right now it's gonna be weeks before I can start and my rooms just sitting there waiting ugh! FML!

well buddy if you know people just go make a safe drive over there and ask to get free (if there cool ; P) or buy some from them... hell you could probly just get clones at that point haha! Seeds on line are expencive, and you can get seeds from black market tree for free (minus the fact you bought bud with seeds in it.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Colorado is about 8hrs from me so yes it's definitely a little drive lol. Better believe ill be taking some weed-cations there after Jan 1. Def gonna be cheaper than going to Amsterdam and it'll actually be legal in CO. Hoping to live there by the end of this summer or next spring. Planning on growing my own out there and was hoping to gets few practice runs in here first.

And I've looked at Herbies and Nirvana as possible alternatives. I will keep you guys up to date and let you know what happens.

In the meantime this gives me time to dial in my temps, get a new MH bulb (mine was delivered broke but the hps was intact) and maybe try to find some local bagseed. Really wanted good genetics but I'm desperate at this point to get going. My temps are too high at 100% and 75% on my light but they seem to stay right at 78-80 when its at 50%. I know with a 6in inline fan vs my 6in duct fan I would move a lot more air and it would be a lot quieter but those fans are close to $100 and im trying to wait and buy a carbon/fan combo towards the end of my grow. So question would it be worth running 300w hps vs 600w in order to keep temps down for at least the first part of the grow until I can get more money? And does anyone know another way to keep duct fan notice down besides the stealth box? The box keeps the fan itself quiet but there is a slight whistling noise coming through the 6in exhaust tube that is driving me nuts lol

Also it looks like ill be running my HPS at 75% 450watts for this first grow until the end when I invest in an inline fan/carbon scrubber. My temps are maxing out at 85 and that's aprox 12in beneath my light. I may put a bigger humidifier and an additional osc fan to try and get it a little lower.

Thanks for the reply! Never thought of turning it on its side. It's 5ft tall so that would give me more length but my height would only be 4ft so not quite sure. How are you ventilating your light?

Sorry bout the late reply. But I run an inline fan for my intake and cool the 400HPS. I keep a clip on fan like you have and have it tilted directly on the LED. The LED puts out quite a bit of heat no matter what you hear. I also have a small 3 inch fan in the bottom to move air. In my situation I run the lights at night and there is always nice cool mountain air to cool the tent.

Hey thanks for the reply. Right now I'm running a 6in duct exhaust fan off of my 6in cool tube. I am also using a 4 in duct exhaust fan. Previously I was using the 4in as an intake but the passive intake seems with 2 exhausts seems to be keeping my temps down a lot better. I am running about 80 at 50% on my light or 300w. When I run it at 75% it's gets up to 84.

I'm considering 2 options at this point. One option is not using the HID for the first month of veg. I have tons of 4ft t12 shop lights laying around. This would help keep temps and the electric bill down. Then I would start using the hps at 75% at one month. It would be kind of a PIA tho. The second option I'd run the HID at 50% 3ft above the seedlings but I'm afraid it might still be too intense.

Obviously my main problem here is ventilation. I know i need an inline fan. It would be much quieter ( it can get kind of loud now even with the stealth box). I can't afford one right now though so I'm trying to hold out until I'm about 2 mos in and purchase carbon scrubber/inline fan combo.

Update:

As you guys know from my previous post I've been waiting for my seeds to start my grow. In the meantime I went to Colorado last weekend! It was a blast. My buddy hooked me up with 4 bag seeds along with various other finished products :D needless to stay were moving to Colorado soon! Lol I planted the 4 bagseeds in peet pellets 2 nights ago. They are currently under a humidity dome in my grow tent. Right now I'm running 2 4ft t12 lights on them. I'm still on the fence about running the Fluor vs the HID for the first couple weeks. My temps are def way down now and it is much quieter because I only have to run the 4*' exhaust and not the 6in. I'm kind of taking a gamble with these seeds though. I have no idea what strain they are and which will be females/males. Thinking they'll be practice for now and if my other seeds come in maybe ill keep one of the bagseed plants if it looks really good. Hesitant about setting space aside for them though because I have no idea what they'll be where all my seeds I ordered were feminized. Here's a few pics of my setup now. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
31327.jpg

32131.jpg

33138.jpg

34128.jpg

Day 4

All 4 seeds have germinated. I peaked in the pellets to make sure lol. I repotted them today in small square pots with my soil mix. Here's what I ended up with:

3 buckets Miracle Gro Organic Choice Garden Soil

3 1/2 buckets perlite

1/2 bucket of some Miracle Gro Potting soil I had laying around.

1/2 Bucket of peat moss.

Kinda of glad I got to try these bagseeds first before my good seeds get here. Gives me time to play around a bit and not worry about losing a seed.

I did end up adding a second shop lite. So now Im running 4 t12's. My plan is to use these for the first 3-4 weeks. Then I have the option of keeping them as side lighting. Now that I'm only running the fluro's my temps and humidity are perfect. I'm not running any fans or humidifiers just the fluro 24 hrs. My temp is staying between 75-80 and humidity is right at 50%

35124.jpg

36118.jpg

37118.jpg

Day 5

All four bagseeds are now sprouted above soil. I've just been misting them with water and keeping them under the humidity dome. Temps are ranging between 75-80. I did lower one of the lights.

My good seeds should be here any day. I just got their containers all ready for them. I used the same soil mixture and will probably put Saran Wrap over the top of them once the seeds are planted.

Now starting to wonder how this will work. The four bagseeds are photoperiod and the new ones I'm getting will be autofem. What I'm thinking is I could end up with 1 or 2 females out of these 4 regular seeds and grow 6 autos for a total of 8 plants but that's really pushing my small space. The regular will have a week head start. Would it be possible to flower the regular and auto at the same time? I realize I lose yield on the auto by doing a 12/12 flower period. Do you guys think its worth sacrificing the space and yield for regular bagseeds or should I scrap them and just grow 6 autos?

Forgot to attach pics lol

38118.jpg

39114.jpg

Update:

I GOT MY SEEDS! So excited they made it through finally. I planted 6 autofems. 3 auto berry Ryder, 1 critical jack, 1 Mazar, and 1 blue cheese. I planted them directly in 3 gal pots. I put Saran Wrap over the top and poked holes. They are now under 4 t12'a with my bag seeds. Still not sure what ill do with those lol. Here's a few pics:

4069.jpg

41126.jpg

42130.jpg

So i'm having a minor issue. My temps directly under my Fluorescents are at 85 degrees. I"m trying to keep the lights as close as possible. I have a fan I can put to blow air under the lights but it blows all my saran wrap off and decreases the humidity. DO you guys think 85 directly under the lights is too high for the seedlings and I should higher the lights? Or do you think they'll be ok? Thanks again for following and any advice is greatly appreciated! :Namaste:

you will definitely need more room for your plants. i would flower your automatic flowering cannabis plants under 18/6 lighting schedule to maximize your yield in your current tent. if you are able to set up another area i would place your regular bag seed plants in 18/6 lighting schedule and place them in vegetative growth until they are 1-1.5 feet tall then switch them to 12/12 lighting schedule to flower them.

Hey thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the only room I have is in the 2x4x5 grow tent. I'm considering just growing the autos which puts me at 6 plants, but I thought of maybe keeping 1 regular.

Update:

Day 4

4 of my 6 seeds have sprouted! The 2 left are both berry ryder. Thinking its time to throw out the bagseed sprouts seems how I'm limited on space. Any opinions? Will update pics later tonight.

i would adjust your lights so they are 6 inches above the pots. 85 may be too warm for seedlings that have not broken ground yet.

Thanks for the info. I've got the temp between 74-78 now. Once I switch to hps my temps will get up to 84 tho. When would the best time be to switch?

I had a MH bulb but it was broke during delivery. Still trying to work it out with amazon so I'm down to t12's and a hps.

i would take some photographs of the damaged Metal Halide light bulb and post them here in your journal, if they require you to take a photograph you will have one. the best time to switch to a High Pressure Sodium light bulb would be when you switch to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.

i would take some photographs of the damaged Metal Halide light bulb and post them here in your journal, if they require you to take a photograph you will have one. the best time to switch to a High Pressure Sodium light bulb would be when you switch to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.

I've already filed a claim and have pics as well. The nice thing about Amazon is even if the product is from a third party you still get the A to Z guarantee. Just not sure how long it's going to take. So my question is can I use the HPS to veg after the plants are a week or two old? Also I thought you never switch autos to 12/12. Ive seen some people switch the last week or two but almost everywhere i look theyre using 18/6 or 20/4 the entire grow. What do you recommend as the best lighting schedule? Thanks again for all the great info!

Update Day 5:

All 6 Auto seeds have now sprouted. I have to say they look much healthier and brighter green then my bagseed sprouts were. Not sure if this is genetics or the method I sprouted them. Pretty sure I'm either giving away or throwing out the 4 bagseed sprouts in the next week.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is harvest timing. I'm running 4 different Auto strands including:

3 x Auto Berry Ryder - "ready in as little as 60 days"
1 to 2ft

1 x Blue Cheese - "...and with only 10 weeks of flowering is ready to be cut"
Easily reach 4ft

1 x Critical Jack - "...the only one capable of flowering in 70 days"
2 to 3 ft

1 x Mazar - 10 weeks
2 to 3ft

I realize that harvest time and size can vary by plant but I'm trying to get some idea of how I'm going to do this. My main issue is drying. My plan was to convert my grow tent into a drying tent seems how ill have a carbon filter hooked up by then to keep order and humidity down. I don't think these are all going to miraculously done at the same time though. What was I thinking? Guess I just saw all the flavored and couldn't resist lol. I've seen some DIY dry boxes. One that got my attention was a plastic tub with carbon filter exhaust but a lot of people are saying these dry too fast and just letting it hang dry is best. Any opinions on my dilemma? Also how much of the height can I control by switching to flower nutes sooner? Originally I thought the Mazar was going to be the tall one but from the info I've found it looks like the blue cheese will be the tallest. Thanks for everyone who's following. I appreciate any advice you guys can give.

Back
Top Bottom