MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

Just got done checking on them during my lunch. Decided to remove the Saran Wrap because some of the sprouts were already touching it. Not sure how long your supposed to keep it on lol. In order to keep humidity up ill be spraying them several times per day with tap water. Haven't done any water yet besides spraying several times per day.

Here's the pics:

The group
43115.jpg

Auto Berry Ryder
44122.jpg

Auto Berry Ryder
45116.jpg

Auto Berry Ryder - This one germinated and was starting to sprout. I kind of peaked because I was getting impatient lol. I covered it back up with a little bit of loose soil. Hopefully should see it in the next day or so. As long as this one comes through that's 100% germination! :)
46111.jpg

Blue Cheese
47107.jpg

Critical Jack
48104.jpg

Mazar
4983.jpg

Last but not least my 4 bagseeds. Prolly throwing these out in a week.
5032.jpg
51117.jpg

yes you can use your High Pressure Sodium Light bulb but the spectrum would not be as good as a Metal Halide. some people grow with only a High Pressure Sodium light bulb. an 18/6 lighting schedule would provide the most amount of light to your auto flower cannabis plants. i use a drying rack for my bud, it has its own storage bag.

Thanks for the info! Just got a response from Amazon and a new MH bulb is on the way. Going to run the t12's for another week til I get the MH bulb. Then run MH til week 4. Then switch over to HPS.

Those drying racks are pretty sweet but my main concern is odor control. I don't think ill be able to use my grow tent to dry them because ill still have plants growing. I've seen a few ideas rigging plastic tubs or cardboard boxes with exhaust/carbon filter but I've heard they can dry the bud too fast. I def plan on getting one of those racks in the future tho.

Hey mr bubbles, those types of racks KingJ posted work quite well, I picked up the advanced nutrients style drying rack off amazon, very efficient. Do you have any extra space around the pad, closet, corner of the room you can block off with black plastic bags? Create a little closed dark environment. Possibly set a filter in there with the drying nugs to keep the smell down? Those auto ryders are going to be done before everything if they are auto flowering beans, I was lucky enough to be given a growing tent that I set up as my drying room. The cardboard boxes work alright, you just have to keep a close eye on they.. They do tend to dry everything up quicker but at a last resort it will suffice :Namaste:

CA

Hey mr bubbles, those types of racks KingJ posted work quite well, I picked up the advanced nutrients style drying rack off amazon, very efficient. Do you have any extra space around the pad, closet, corner of the room you can block off with black plastic bags? Create a little closed dark environment. Possibly set a filter in there with the drying nugs to keep the smell down? Those auto ryders are going to be done before everything if they are auto flowering beans, I was lucky enough to be given a growing tent that I set up as my drying room. The cardboard boxes work alright, you just have to keep a close eye on they.. They do tend to dry everything up quicker but at a last resort it will suffice :Namaste:

CA

Thanks CA! I do still have plenty of room under the staircase. I'm hoping to eventually put a small 2x4x2 veg tent there. Obviously ill have to monitor humidity and decide odor myself but just curious do you think odor would be an issue if I seal an area with black plastic, put a small fan not blowing directly on the buds, and open it daily to release moisture? Trying to get out of buying 2 carbon filters lol

I def agree with the Berry Ryder's being done first. I shopped for beans forever and thought I had planned everything out. I just wanted to have a bunch of different flavors lol. The other 3 plants are autos also but based on what I've found they could end up taking an extra 2 weeks compared to the Berry Ryder's.

One idea I thought of is piggy backing the carbon filter by connecting the dry area that I block off and the tent. Would that be possible? Sorry for all the questions. I know I've got a long ways before i have to worry about drying but I like to be prepared lol.

Thanks CA! I do still have plenty of room under the staircase. I'm hoping to eventually put a small 2x4x2 veg tent there. Obviously ill have to monitor humidity and decide odor myself but just curious do you think odor would be an issue if I seal an area with black plastic, put a small fan not blowing directly on the buds, and open it daily to release moisture? Trying to get out of buying 2 carbon filters lol

I def agree with the Berry Ryder's being done first. I shopped for beans forever and thought I had planned everything out. I just wanted to have a bunch of different flavors lol. The other 3 plants are autos also but based on what I've found they could end up taking an extra 2 weeks compared to the Berry Ryder's.

Depending on your buds, if they are super potent, you might need a carbon filter for your houses sake :laugh: When I harvested my indoor I didn't run my carbon filter, once chopped my buds lost half their smell it was odd.. I really think a carbon filter for curing and drying varies from person to person, I have multiple stoners who live next door & across the street, so I tend to let my house reek :blunt: For me, my 3-4 plants I harvested did not smell that much, I mean you could smell it right when you walked in the front door but there was no smell leaking all the way out to the street. But yes if you are going to block off a room I would definitely get it set up a couple days prior to cutting whole plants down, maybe cut a couple sample nugs and place them in there and see what you are dealing with, maybe even take your temp/rH meter and throw it in there for a day. Every day opening for a minute or so to let out some of that built up moisture. & With you having a couple plants that are going to be needing tending too before the others, should be good for you to get your "feet in the water" so to say and see what and how you are wanting to harvest, you will find your niche :Namaste: Hope this helped , kinda rambled my bad :high-five:

:peace: CA215

One idea I thought of is piggy backing the carbon filter by connecting the dry area that I block off and the tent. Would that be possible? Sorry for all the questions. I know I've got a long ways before i have to worry about drying but I like to be prepared lol.

Definitely possible, now it just depends on your CFM rating of your fan, adding too much ducting is going to slow down that suction, every bend accounts for a deduction in suction power if i'm not mistaken, same goes for the amount of duct you use. Plenty of good questions bubbles!! Good for you getting everything planned out prior, as I say, plan then attack :Namaste: reps to you sir!

:peace: CA

Definitely possible, now it just depends on your CFM rating of your fan, adding too much ducting is going to slow down that suction, every bend accounts for a deduction in suction power if i'm not mistaken, same goes for the amount of duct you use. Plenty of good questions bubbles!! Good for you getting everything planned out prior, as I say, plan then attack :Namaste: reps to you sir!

:peace: CA

Thanks for all the great info CA! Here's what I'm thinking. I want to hang plastic sheeting and make a square compartment right on the side of my grow tent. I can use the passive intake on the grow tent as the exhaust for the dry chamber and filter it through my carbon filter in my tent. The ones I've been looking at are 4in inline which run 160cm. Otherwise I could upgrade to the 6in.

I guess basically I'm building another grow tent next to mine but I don't need to build a frame cuz I can tape the plastic to the walls, the tent, and the stairs.

What do you think? :D

Update Day 8 end of Week 1:

The girls are looking great! It's amazing to see how healthy and fast they're growing compared to the bag seeds I planted 2 weeks ago. Up until today I've been misting them a few times per day and just giving them a few drops of water each. Today I watered each of them with aprox 2 cups of water to get all the soil moist on top. I also added hyrdoton rocks on top of my soil on 3 of my pots. I only had enough to cover 3. I've heard it helps even out the water when you water them, helps with pests, and keeps the soil moist. Not sure though so it will be an interesting test. All the autos are at day 8 from seed and the bag seeds are on day 14. Anyways here's the pics.

The group before rocks:
52112.jpg

The group after adding rocks:
53114.jpg

Berry Ryder #1:
54105.jpg

Berry Ryder #2 "The Runt" lol:
55105.jpg

Berry Ryder #3:
56103.jpg

Mazar:
5769.jpg

Critical Jack:
5825.jpg

Blue Cheese:
5920.jpg

And the bag seeds...
6019.jpg
61107.jpg

Update Day 9:

Finally got my MH bulb. I've now taken out the T12's and I'm running the MH at 50% or 300 watts. I've got it about 3 feet above the seedlings. Will post pics later. I also had to water the plants with another 2 cups each.

Here's a few pics...

62107.jpg

63106.jpg

Here's the molasses I picked up today...

64103.jpg

And here's my water aerator and nutrient station lol..

65101.jpg

I am also switching them to a 18/6 light schedule tonight and I increased my light to 75% so I'm running 450 watts at approximately 3 feet above my plants.

you can drop your cooltube as close as 12"-18" from your plants, i would slowly lower the light every few days and keep your current watt output.

Thanks! I was planning on slowly lowering it as well. Just having heat issues right now so would rather have them stretch then get heat stress. I've just redone my exhaust so hopefully it'll work better. Now I'm using a 6in fan to push the air through the cool tube and out of the tent vs pulling it. I was having pretty bad noise issues before. I've also added a larger osc fan so hopefully I should be able to lower the light. They're on their first dark period right now so ill have to check tomorrow for sure. I appreciate the info!

Thanks kc! I plan on purchasing an inline fan and carbon scrubber in a month or so. Just can't afford the extra cash right now. The fans I have will work for now it's just a challenge keeping the sound down. Trust me I can't wait for an inline fan with a speed control lol

Hey Mrbubbles just thought I would drop in and say keep up the good work! :goodjob: Yhea I had fan noise issues with my 6 inch but a duct muffler and tub that I build fixed that issue real quick!

Thanks for following! I've got my heat issues under control now but my exhaust is loud. I've got the fan itself in a stealth box I made but the air coming out of the 6in tubing is loud. It makes almost a whistling noise. I've looked for leaks and I can't find any. I'm not sure what else I can do to quiet it down besides buying a hundred dollar exhaust muffler. I'm thinking I can make some type of homemade muffler but the problem is I have to get the hot air out from underneath the stairs. Right now im doing that by connecting the 6in exhaust tube directly the vent. Ideas anyone?

Back
Top Bottom