Musiks' first grow/ bagseed 2009

Okay well I had to make sure so I took a second look, and guess what, not only did someone tell me that I should see preflowers soon, but i just noticed this phenomenom on all the plants now.(Guess I had to take a closer look at everything) What is keeping me calm is this, female preflowers, so i've read, might look like a sac at first before developing pistils. So I think my timing with the 12/12 might be perfect. Anyhow if they all turn out to be male.......shoot me!!!!! j/k I have hope I have faith, God loves me.....I think!!

Musik \\\vVv///

Okay well I had to make sure so I took a second look, and guess what, not only did someone tell me that I should see preflowers soon, but i just noticed this phenomenom on all the plants now.(Guess I had to take a closer look at everything) What is keeping me calm is this, female preflowers, so i've read, might look like a sac at first before developing pistils. So I think my timing with the 12/12 might be perfect. Anyhow if they all turn out to be male.......shoot me!!!!! j/k I have hope I have faith, God loves me.....I think!!

Musik \\\vVv///

if you notice a second little pod in the same area as the first one, it is boy, usually the pistil will show before th calyx but not always,k so just keep an eye out...what are your plans? breeding or cloning?:ganjamon:

well I have no desire to breed, im doing hydro and would rather clone, things are moving fast and i donthave a cloning/rooting gel or powder yet, working on that part actually hopefully by this weekend. But I have good news...At least one plant and there is promise...(im praying that at least more than one is female, if not then she's a mother for cloning)

female11.JPG
female25.JPG
female12.JPG

So at least there is one, im really hoping for 4 honestly if not I can clone up 3, which is how I imagined it going, gosh, males huh, and a bunch...LOL creme de la creme.

I am going to thoroughly check the plants and take pictures.

Musik \\\vVv///

Relax....its a learning process.....ive learned from so much from the peeps on this forum. If you get 1 female then so be it...take a couple of cuttings and throw them back in 24 hrs. you may have had males but you will learn to clone. be positive. we are all to learn and help bro.

cool beans, so cloning it is, here's your shopping list bro
1. olivia's cloning gel
2 olivia's cloning solution
3. humidity dome, with tray
4, rockwool cubes or root plugs (personally I like root plugs bc there is no pH adjusting necessary)
5. rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl alcohol 91%)
6. new razor blades
7. spritzer bottle

If ya need any help or advice just holla!

Thanks everyone for stopping by, lights go off for the first time on 12/12, im sure some are boys, more than I had hoped!!
I give it like 4 days from now before I pull em, Is that too short a time to give them or too long, i figure by them they will fully choose their sex. One day I found a "preflower" but was like nah, can't be yet. Then days later bam, they are everywhere like pimples.

Bagseed. 1 outta 8. Terrible odds. One mother...next time.....8 outta 8.

Musik \\\vVv///

Okay, well I think they all have the preflowers, they are all like 8 nodes high and its becoming clearer and clearer as we speak, female parts are looking alot more distinct than males now. However the first plant I found the Calyxes or whatever were there first then the pistils, where on this sativa I have photos of have 1 hair shooting out in two different nodes. No other preflowers on that one. Otherwise Im thinking 6 are males. 2 mothers is what I wanted in the beginning and 2 mothers is what Im gonna get. I'm still amazed at how fast this is all happening. And at the last minute I decided not to go into flowering yet. In a couple days I think I'll know which ones are males and I think that they will get pulled, I think that if I want clones after that will be a good time to clone em. Plus one of the females is small because of a little growth dillema and i'd like her to be a little bigger.

And hey Tunes420 thanks for asking, unfortunately no, that plant is about 20 inches from the light but i have one of the suspected males has grown to about 8 inches from the light and I see no visible damage, helps i have the ventilation going through the light now i suppose.
tallest_sativa_female.JPG

So this is the tallest plant in my garden, the one that was loving life saying feed me, and growing strong, very uniform plant, typical sativa i've seen, also from bagseed of unknown strain, im assuming from mexican brickweed, its unfortunate but both of the seed from the Super Silver Haze seem to be males. But if you look really close on left of this node you will see a hair, its easier to see in person but this is the best i can do
tallest_sativa_female2.JPG

now this is a different node, and this hair is on the right. I'm not gonna get my hopes up yet but I think in a couple days i'll be down to 2 plants. I'm itching to start germinating now.
tallest_sativa3.JPG

I know this pic is blurry but if you look close you can see that hair popping out, I really hope thats good news I'll take an Indica mother and a Sativa Mother. Oh boy Im soooo Excited!!!!

If I can get this movie camera to make a movie of the parts decently i'll post one. Until then thanks all for chiming in. Everyone's advice is worth it to me.

Musik \\\vVv///

Looking very, very nice sorry about all the males, At least you a couple to work with, Great job..

OKay so now I decided to do 12/12 for real, i figured, okay well they have preflowers now. They must be mature enough to reproduce. Also As a good buddy told me(he grows, been growing for years), he said, dude your gonna get little nubs on the nodes in between the branches, some might grow hairs, some might grow more nubs or sacs. at first preflowering thats what your gonna see is little nubs on the nodes, don't worry, just flower them already!!!!
So I'm taking his advice, he said if one already has the hairs thats good, he's sure that more than 2 are female. We will find out!!! Day 1 flowering commenced!!!!

Musik \\\vVv///

Good luck with the flowering I will have my fingers crossed you have nothing but females, Great job again and good luck...

OKay so now I decided to do 12/12 for real, i figured, okay well they have preflowers now. They must be mature enough to reproduce. Also As a good buddy told me(he grows, been growing for years), he said, dude your gonna get little nubs on the nodes in between the branches, some might grow hairs, some might grow more nubs or sacs. at first preflowering thats what your gonna see is little nubs on the nodes, don't worry, just flower them already!!!!
So I'm taking his advice, he said if one already has the hairs thats good, he's sure that more than 2 are female. We will find out!!! Day 1 flowering commenced!!!!

Sounds like your buddy knows what he's talking about.
Hope you get plenty of nice girlies!

:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom