My 2nd LED Indoor Grow - White Widow x Big Bud & Assorted Supporting Cast

Hey Sneaky,

the clones look like they're still in a state of suspended animation, but the seedlings are coming along just nicely. The auto is clearly a different strain to the other three and they all look fairly homogeneous, so it's difficult at this stage to determine if there are any phenotypes differences.

And this is they three days later.
WIN_20170210_09_08_08_Pro.jpg

Yeah, I've read the same thing, but this one is just a plaything and I shan't be investing too much into her; this one is more out of curiosity than anything else.

That being said, I shall still be ultra delicate with her when I transplant, gently removing the soil from the roots in water, allowing the water to do the work so as not to damage the delicate roots.

Ok, I lied. I just had a closer look at the clones and the weird, mutated looking single frond leaves have started to appear, so I guess we can mark this as day one of their vegetative state. So that took them 24 days to start revegging!

So, these are the babies 4 days later. The one at the top right is the auto.

WIN_20170214_09_18_50_Pro.jpg

But have a look at the one second from left.
Here is a close up.

WIN_20170214_09_19_22_Pro.jpg

Now I've seen some strange looking seedlings in my time, including a tricotyledon, which sprouted with 3 cotlyledons and continued growing in sets of three, but I've never seen one like this. The third set of leaves has grown as a single frond, whereas the others babies have grown as the usual tri-frond and the next growth on this one is just a puny little single frond with no growing tip at all! I wondered how she would respond to this and, true to the tenacious nature of life, she has done the only thing she could to survive - she's started branching at the very first node. I've circled this in the pic below.

WIN_20170214_09_19_51_Pro.jpg

So, what this means is that this particular baby will have the benefit of topping, but without the associated stress, which I'm kind of pleased about as I was considering topping one to compare its growth with LST on its own.

I'm not going to cut the top off as I don't want to stress her, plus she'll still use those leaves to photosynthesise.

Look on my journal at the last set of pics, the plant in the back left hand side was a mutant with what appeared to be just half of a node. That plant was never topped but it absolutely exploded half way through veg.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Back
Top Bottom