My First Grow Journal - By Mcloadie

Well, I figured I wouldn't know til I tested it. I kept lowering my 420 watt induction light, wondering just how close I could get it to the plants. Looks like about 24 " is max, I got a tiny bit of burn from the light, not heat, and I've moved it up to 3 feet and they seem to love it right there. I heard that it would not burn at 18" during flowering, we'll see. Still not able to figure out pics, nothing happens when I click on the little camera.

I noticed some cupping leaves today, looks like reaction to ambient conditions. I put the 8" fan back on low blowing over plants. Northern lights x big bud is doing well, 8" tall, healthy dark heavily serrated leaves. The internodal spacing on this plant is longer than the mexikush. The mexikush plants are all well, from 2-1/2" to 6", all very healthy and growing rapidly. Northern lights x big bud and 3 mexikush are topped and producing branches rapidly at every node. The growth at the lowest nodes is stunted and will never amount to anything, I usually rub these off when the canopy is more developed. I fertilized as per dr earth with Liquid Solution Concentrate, 4 tablespoons per gallon of water, 2-1/2 cups of solution per 5 gallon container. I did add more water as that was a watering day and I soak them when I water ( til water runs out of the bottom of the pot ), not alot of water running out, It just lets me know the whole pot got wet, hopefully my plants fill the pot with roots. Lights are up to 36", I don't want any burn at this point and I need to make sure that the cupping leaves is not a precursor to light burn.....later

This is turning out to be very interesting, by having a system that I know is pretty much figured out ( dr earth system ) I pretty much know its not crappy soil or ph, and I can narrow down the factors and results from manipulation. For example; I can concentrate on manipulating watering, circulation, heat, moisture, and lighting. It's very interesting how fast these plants react to stimuli, I watch them very closely and have learned alot about this plant. If a person is interested, a close study will help develop a greater understanding of what's goin on.

Still no photos, sorry, I'm just havin a go of figuring them out. I'm putting some more on my gallery and they're pretty self explanatory. Newest development; I noticed that I had some curling at the leaf margins, things looked too dry. I decided to mist the leaves and when I did the curling went away. Next, I decided to see what my Rh is, WOW!, 16%, ran and got a humidifier, as small as my space is, the humidifier can't maintain 50% Rh in my little weed cave! In any case, it will maintain 45%. The mexikush is impressive at this point, 5" tall with 6 branches after topping. These aren't stunted plants, this is a phenotype exhibition that I had hoped for. We'll see how long they stay low. With the light at 30" these plants aren't stretching, they are loving this induction lighting. You will see a little leaf burn in my photos, this is from me dropping one of my co2 generators and a little splash on the leaves, I'm guessing its the alchohol by-product produced from the reaction that burned em, no worries, didn't even phase the babbies...........later

Hey mcloadie! Your plants are looking great!

progress_as_of_11-3-2012_0041.JPG

progress_as_of_11-3-2012_0031.JPG

growroom_0131.JPG

growroom_0171.JPG

Those photos are a week old I think, put some new ones on this morning. I am very pleased with this setup. Went out for a bit yesterday ( 6 hours ) and left the humidifier on high, when I got back Rh was at 61 and 88 degree F. I cooled the room down to 82 F and the Rh stabilized at 55. I can see that the humidity has a huge affect on growth and development. The plants are growing very rapidly now, I'm hoping to start flowering at abut 18 ". At some point I'm going to have to raise the light all the way and let the plants grow to them, and I hope to finish at around 18" from the light. It's kind of strange the way this light will work, I have heard testimony from growers saying they never move the light, we'll see, so far, very good. :)

I watered this morning even though tomorrow is nute day. I just didn't want to chance them getting dry in the conditions I'm growing in. The temp is running between 80-85 degrees F, Rh around 60, lights at 30 " ( had to raise it today ). My whole op changed when I started controlling humidity. It's really dry in the winter and fall here, and very humid in the summer ( rainy season ). I've never had plants grow this fast at this age, even outside. I'm gonna post some new photos if you can help me out Dooskie.....thx....later

Looking good my man! I would recommend getting one of those cheap soil light/moisture/ph meters. While they arent 100% accurate it will give you a good idea and they can be had for under $5. Also that air pump is going to kick ass in that bucket! I use the same one and it does pretty good in my 48qt res.

Rh_Temp_0051.JPG

Rh_Temp_0041.JPG

Rh_Temp_0061.JPG

Back
Top Bottom