My First Grow Journal - By Mcloadie

Everything is sooooo good! I did notice a little mold on top of the soil on one plant. It was the plant that I used unaltered dr.grow mmj soil. The rest of the pots got 25% perlite ammendment. I've had this before, and in the high humidity I'm growing in you can almost expect it. In any case, I sprinkled a little corn meal ( about a tablespoon / 5 gal grow bag ) and it will be gone tomorrow. I got my Hormex in the mail and will get some cuttings started soon. So much friggin drama goin on right now, I gotta move, but I need to keep my program goin also. I also got my petri dishes for germinating seeds, soo maybe ole stoney won't be mixing things up. I plan on using the bottom of the dish for a template, cutting paper towell to fit and mark them with a grease pencil. Yee Haw! My seeds came too!

I took 2 cuttings from a mexikush plant. They were the first branch, very small, crappy. Just a little practice. I didn't go to alot of trouble doing it, I took the cuttings with very sharp scizcors ( spelling? ), cut the leaves off the bottom at the node, soaked them in hormex liquid concentrate, full strength for 1 minute. I had previously filled 2-2" jiffy pots ( didn't have cubes ) with happy frog soil, made a hole twice the diameter of the cutting and thoroughly wet them. I then put the cuttings in the holes and patted the soil around the stems to eliminate any air pockets. I then put them in the new microcloner 5000 ( a joke ) which consists of two empty ( clear ) sandwich meat containers, one on top, one on bottom, with a peice of tape for a hinge. Set them off to the side of my growspace and put another 1/4 inch of water in the bottom of the lower container, shut the lid and we're off to the races. I predict that they will grow, but will be stunted and never realize their potential. I wonder if smaller, stunted plants that were mothered would produce small, stunted clones?

Lookin good as usual! I love seeing the explosive growth of young plants.

Progress_as_of_11-8-2012_0031.JPG

Progress_as_of_11-8-2012_0021.JPG

Progress_as_of_11-8-2012_0041.JPG

Feeling much better today, I felt so good yesterday I rode my M/c when it was snowing! Anyhow, The plants are all very healthy, the week difference in ages is buggin me cause I'm thinkin about flower already. I'm probly gonna put em in flower when the tall ones are at 18" and just get what I get off the rest. I can tell by the branches that these plants are gonna produce, just waitin to see if I've got males. I've only ever had one herm and never a male.....just luck! Cuttings are doing very well, responding to light and very " perky ". I've had a 12" plant give me an ounce of primo bud before, and my smallest plants have twice as many bud sites than that one. All my weed from my summer crop is very good. The best of all was the mexican bag seed plant, thick, chewy, very sticky, I called it mexicandy, that was bred with a male bubblegum kush that I started for a freind. I feel fortunate to have access to that pollen, from a known strain. Bye for now, I'll take pics tomorrow.

Took some new photos, they're on my photos. I found A FRIGGIN GNAT flying around my growspace. I treated with sierra natural science all natural systemic pest control as per instructions. I used that cuz my freindly grow store didn't have the dr. earth " kill " product. These little gnats have caused me more problems. The high humidity is inviting to them, but the growth rate that is happening is probly worth the risk. I am amazed that these plants don't even have any blemishes, the leaves that got co2 generator juice on them have healed ( as much as possible ). It really sucks that these plants have to be moved, but whatever. Sometimes people don't realise how their actions and decisions usually affect other people too. I wear a helmet only because I don't want my family and freinds to deal with a death or severe head injury that might have been lessened or avoided completely.....and I hate helmets! Good growing.....later

Hey bud glad to know you're feeling better! But sorry to hear about the gnat problem, I wish I had a remedy to give you. Not sure if it would work but what about using flypaper? Your plants are looking great and are growing fast!

Progress_as_of_11-11-12_0021.JPG

Progress_as_of_11-11-12_0051.JPG

Progress_as_of_11-11-12_0061.JPG

Progress_as_of_11-11-12_0041.JPG

Progress_as_of_11-11-12_0011.JPG

Thanks alot Dooski, putting on the final veg picture and I'm cutting the lights back tonight. These plants are 40 days old I beleive ( from the day I put the seeds into paper towels ). So, that's about 2-1/2 weeks sooner than I anticipated. The closet is gonna be way full as it is, without going any longer. 12/12 here we go, hope and pray for girls. I expect to sex them in about 4 days, they look good, no skinny boy lookin ones, but we'll see. Treated for fungus gnats with worry free insecticide, applied per instructions, and it looks like it killed the shit out of them.

OK, I don't know if anyone appreciates stories from the old days, but I'm gonna share one with you folks. Some of the youngsters may get a kick out of it. In the late 70s I happen to be living in the northwest very near an air force base. Anyone my age can appreciate the proximity as we were afforded access to all kinds of exotic products. I've been a loadie all my life and back then was definately no exception. Well, heres the story; in those days I could buy my way out of working, or I could be bought into working by an offer of some type of consumable contraband. On this particular occasion the offer was 3 thai sticks, about 3 inches long, a little bigger than a pencil, to pull an 8 hour shift. It seemed equitable to me so I accepted. I got paid off and my buddy and I were soon slipping off to a field nearby with green grass about 2 feet high, 50 feet from a major thoroughfare. We got down on the ground so we couldn't be seen and packed a bowl of about half of one of those golden gems. We finished it off and were both noticing that we were having trouble speaking and thinking and were glued to the ground. My buddie postured his hand like a little flying saucer and was acting out it's coming and going complete with sound effects. We were so loaded that it was probly half an hour before we could laugh, we were that loaded. That is the kind of weed that I strive to grow now. It's gotta be possible since they did it then. Hope someone enjoyed a tale of stony, good times.

We were so loaded that it was probly half an hour before we could laugh, we were that loaded. That is the kind of weed that I strive to grow now. It's gotta be possible since they did it then. Hope someone enjoyed a tale of stony, good times.

Love the story

:cheesygrinsmiley:

That's the kind of weed I want to grow as well, maybe the 3 or 4 decades have made us more tolerant? Won't stop me trying:smokin:

Plants are doing well, I'm monitoring Rh to see what happens in the space when lights are off. I reset my hygrometer and I'll have the results in 24 hrs. I didn't water or add nutes yesterday ( which is the day the good dr. prescribed ), The pots are still a little damp and I'm trying to keep those fn gnats at bay. No gnat sightings since I applied the insecticide. I will water and feed tomorrow. Internodal spacing is more than I anticipated on the mexikush. The northern lights x big bud has similar spacing, slightly less than mexikush. The proof will be in the pudding. I'm going straight in with week 9 of the drs. schedule for feeding. I smoked some weed grown with mg and it smells like petrol and is hard on the lungs. I supported that grow with seedlings, a good crop was harvested, but improper drying, curing and storage has turned the weed into shake, mg shake.....a shame.

hey!!! everything is looking good expect for those got damn gnats lol!!!! i did notice that you have some curling on your leaves the one by the fan.... IT'S WINDBURN! it does exist..... nothing too much too worry about tho just thought i would tell you maybe try to rotate her so she isnt getting full blast :) GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for the advice SP, in a week you won't know there's a fan there. LOL. I just want to take my hat off right now to everyone who is doing something to realign a proper train of thought concerning cannabis. I see so many people who are doing whatever they can with whatever they have to do it with. It's a hugely lopsided battle of ignorance vs truth.

Yes Amelia, when I simply see what we already know about this plant we should be shoving intelligent money at unbiased research. It's sad. A rich man was once asked a question that went like this; " sir, you already have more money than any ten people could spend in a lifetime, what else could you possibly want ? ", the rich man replied; " just a little bit more ". BTW, plants growing about 3 inches a day now, I may have to LST them to keep them in the closet! LOL

Back
Top Bottom