My First Grow Journal - By Mcloadie

Ok, I'm using firefox and I'm gonna try again. Haha, thank you missy, let's get back to business!
progress_as_of_11-16-12_002.JPG
Progress_as_of_11-14-2012_001.JPG
progress_as_of_12-3-12_002.JPG

:thanks:

My grow is 7 weeks and two days old today. Plants are 32 inches tall. The age was calculated the day the first seed popped, and four seeds were a week later germinating. I have some pics from the nursery/laundry room.
0011088.JPG
0021091.JPG
0031040.JPG
:high-five: I just high fived myself, and one for u 2 amelia! Notice the burnt cuttings from too hot of soil. They're gonna be ok, just like me, a little burnt!

Yep, we smoked that bud while my sister was here from cali. We are all pretty heavy smokers ( 3 of us ) and we couldn't kill an oz. in two weeks. She told me that the flavors in cali were stronger, alot more aromatic, but as far as quality, it was a little better than what's selling, according to her, and she gets around to alot of different grows to work. The only way I can describe it is; fruity spice. I hate to cough, the smoke's not expanding in my lungs, my body is rejecting the smoke cuz it senses my brain starving for oxygen and wants fresh air. Plants are good in nursery and growspace, tallest plants are 12" from the indagro. Oldest cuttings are great!, I'm topping the shit out of them so I hopefully get a little shorter plant next time. I am really excited to see just how fat these buds get. The mexican plants I got the seeds from had ok buds at 70 days, If I coulda got them in the ground about 3 months earlier they would have been humongous. I harvest as soon as I have a few amber trichs, I'm going to harvest these plants individually, and I may let one go longer to see the effects of the weed ( but I like to be able to walk and talk ). The northern lights x big bud is wayyyyy more frosty than the mexikush, I'll breed the two when I get some cuttings established into mothers. The reason I'm using this mexican strain for breeding is cuz of bud size, relative quality, heat resistance ( days of 115 + is not uncommon here ), and hardiness.

Just potted up 4 seedlings in this soil mixture; 50% happy frog, 25% dr. earth, 25% perlite. The seedlings potted are as follows; 1- ch9 x pow33, 3- twr x 3n, the latter being from my cali conn. I have 12 cuttings that are flourishing, and I plan on growing 8 more from seed for a round number of 24 in veg. If anyone has any clue on what these abbreviations from cali are please give me a heads up. I have been asked for a report on what works, so maybe I'll get some good answers about this then. My light is supposed to cover a 5x5 foot area and hopefully I'm moved so I can utilize it in that configuration.

21 days at 12/12, grow is 4 days shy of two months. That's the day the first seeds germinated. Does
006785.JPG
005920.JPG
004968.JPG
0021095.JPG
any one have an opinion on this indagrow light at this point, I have no experience with hps so I don't have one, except they are growing alot faster than with my grow lights or outside last summer. Mexikush has the yellower pistils, northern lights x big bud has the whiter pistils. One shot over the top and one underneath after defoliation. The shot over the top only shows 4 plants. I'm trying ta go to a dispensary today, first time! I wanna see what they got and see how potent the weed I grow is.

I'm alternating feeding like this; all dr. earth, bloom booster, water and molasses, liquid concentrate. I think I'm 6 weeks out from starting to harvest. I'm gonna feed water only for the last 2 weeks. I'm wondering if I need to keep giving em the bloom booster or should I just use the concentrate? They don't look hungry, but I gave em nutes 3 waterings in a row and they loved it. The cuttings are doing well and I have purposed to cut out every top ( growth shoot ) til they go under the indagro, pics soon. I see all that wasted space underneath (height ) and I'm gonna change strains or figure how to keep em low. I need more light in my nursery/veg area, T5s would be better than my walmart specials. Alot of flowers working up through the canopy in the bloom room. This will probly be my last grow journal here, I'm gonna concentrate more on growing and try to get in a position to help some folks with their meds. The screen thing is looking more attractive to me, but my space right now is so small. My everything most always hurts and it's hard to get in and manipulate the branches.
An interesting note; the plants nearest the hole where I look in on the girls at always look and produce the best, 3 grows in a row! I can only assume it's because of the co2 I'm breathin on em. I look at them quite often to learn how they grow. That's all

What does giving someone reps mean? I tried to download some video to show the airflow and get a more comprehensive look at plants.....can't figure it out. I am pretty slow at this computer thing, just need to learn. At my last job I had to get through three security firewalls just to log in and then worked on three different programs or whatever they were called. Pain in my arse as you would say. My dad was in asia during vietnam and he would hang out with the brits and aussies. He said they were a motley crew, but you could count on em. They would drink and fight, and most generally ignored the rules. My dad crossed over to the communist side of the bridge on the river kwai and pulled two spikes from the railroad track and sent em to me. I also had headhunter tools he sent me. He loved the asian people and told me he put his landlords daughter through medical school with his pocket change.....she is a doctor today in bangkok. BTW, I'm having trouble keeping the Rh between 40 and 50 % in the flower room. It's hanging between 30 and 35, 82 degrees F, is this gonna affect growth or potency? The ambient Rh here is less than 10 %, I need some rain!

Back
Top Bottom