My First Grow Journal - By Mcloadie

I've been wrestling with the Rh in the flower room all morning, got it stabilised at 45%Rh and 82 degrees F. I know the plants will grow well at a lower Rh, but I'm trying to keep environment in the best possible configuration for maximum quantity and quality, I'm going to be awfully disappointed if I dont get at least a gram per watt. I am hoping for two. If I go by the four month harvest suggested I'm sure I'll get alot of screamin good weed! I think I can finish these in 90 days and get a gram/watt.

What does giving someone reps mean?
See at the end of anyone's posts (except ya own) See where it says "Blog this post" to the right of that is a black star icon which if you hover your mouse over, it will say "add to this user's reutation" that's how ya gives reps :)

Two seeds in for germination, 1-afghan kush, 1-caramelo. I took a clone from the nursery, treated it with colloidal silver and we'll see what happens. The cloneling I chose is a longer non-compact looking specimen, I picked it cuz it was the one that I wasn't wanting to grow. It only has about 4 bud sites, and will produce just a few feminised seeds ( if all goes well ). It's a northern lights x big bud. It now goes to 12/12 under the indagro. Colloidal silver is expensive, used for boosting ones immune system from what I understand, so I had to have a dose for myself too! My colloidal silver is 250 parts per million, 5 times the minimum recommended concentration. By the time it's over I coulda bought seeds cheaper, but when I perfect my methods I'll have a supply of fem seeds at a reasonable cost, and I'll KNOW what I'm getting and sharing. When I give, I always give my best, to me it shows respect for myself and the recipient. I dont have many friends and I'm much of a recluse, I prefer nature to man and spend my recreation time in the " bush " as some might say.

:peace:So, 15 litre pots are like 4 gallons here. Ed says I should be using one gallon pots and no topping. I'll try this asap, If someone could handle these 11 clonettes I have I would do it next time. I woulg like to grow the mexikush crossed with northern lights x big bud. The mexikush buds are slightly larger than nl x bb, a little less sugar ( for now ), faster growing and more buds. It's a common sense cross. I will cross them when my girl pollen is ready. These plants make a lovely main cola when grown un molested. In the grow room, the water here is so full of minerals that when I changed to the " mist " humidifier I'm starting to get a powder on the leaves closest to the intake fan. The air is so dry here that I had to switch humidifiers because of increased output with this unit. Co2 generators will be replenished today, I really think they helped ( quicker growth ), but I changed so many variables that it's hard to narrow down the indications. All I know is that this grow is happening over twice as fast as the previous two indoors. Plants are 2 months old today and I'm around 3 weeks into 12/12. I'm happy!:thumb:

The closet of green....LOL
0021102.JPG
0011095.JPG

Watered/fed today, Babies got dr earth starter at a rate of 2 tsp/1 gal pot, worked into top of soil then watered in with water/molasses at a rate of 1 tbsp/gal. Bud room got 1/4 cup dr earth bud and bloom booster per 5 gallon pot, worked into the top 2 inches of soil, watered in with same solution as babies. Colloidal silver solution applied to bud sites per schedule. I may have to apply the silver for up to two weeks for results. I also applied worry free pesticide solution to the top of soil in All pots, I've been seeing a few gnats but they don't make me worry anymore ( pun intended ). Misting humidifier went back to the nursery, The minerals in the water were causing a white powder to form on the plants closest to intake. If a person was willing to procure about 30 gal of distilled water a month this condition could be avoided. No damage, no foul. Rapid growth period, it looks like flowers doubled in size ( which isn't very big ) in about 5 days. Alot of secondary buds are hard to see as they work their way up to the canopy.

The folks at dr earth returned my call. I had asked how I should alter my nute schedule with the sp 258 program because I had cut 5 weeks out of the schedule. The lady told me that she asked Milo and he said to just go to the week I figured I was in according to the schedule and continue, hich is what I had done already. I really appreciate that the owner took time to consider my question and am glad I've been doing what I was supposed to. Everything is well with all plants and I have plenty of time for these buds to get fat and juicy. Thanks for the reply AJ! She also repeated that the program I was using was designed for rapid growth, high potency and yield, and kinda laughed at how rapidly my plants were growing. Last two days no vertical growth, they doubled in height before they stopped and are at 32". So far my height calculations are good, I predict a month sooner than I anticipated to harvest, which is when I woulda harvested the grow I aborted due to fungus gnat infestation, with my flouros and previous nute regimen. Both seeds in germination popped, I'll put em in happy frog tomorrow.

14 cali seeds into germ.. I'm not gonna post what was on the labels since the only one who knows is the loadie who packaged them. I was told that they were a cross section from a breeder that I have a distant connection with, I know the guy, but not real well. If I was in cali I would request an audience with him and discuss what his program was trying to accomplish and what the codes on the seed packaging meant. I recieved about 20 different varieties, so this person is serious to apply all that energy into a bunch of plants that won't produce any revenue. All is well here, everything is growing rapidly and I'm planning my grow after next, which will depend largely on the results of current and next grow results. Mexikush is slower to put on trichs, they come all at once if I remember correctly. I threatened to pull a plant last summer every time I walked by it and didn't see any sugar. It finally came around and I got a months worth of bud off it.

Hey Mcloadie
Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the reps brother.
Had a read through your journal, and I'm subbed up now.
:thumb:

0021107.JPG
0011099.JPG
What does anyone think about this? I know the picture of the plant sucks, but it shows how the thing was mounted on the plant. BTW, we celebrated our 500th joint from last summers harvest, I didn't weigh anything ( didn't even have a scale ) so I don't know the numbers.
I hope it dont get to smokin trim before this crop comes in. I hope I never buy weed again.

Well, I think it's time for a story, I have been told at times that it's better not to let the truth get in the way of a good one. I've been seeing alot of shows referring to " bigfoot, yeti, lizard man, ect. ", everyone trying to prove it's existence, so this story, or chain of blurry facts and events welded to my memory will come to light now. On a hot summer day a very dear friend of mine and I were " hanging out " as one might say, and he asks me if I would like to go for a ride and score some weed. He told me never to reveal the location we were headed to, that he was very trusted and allowed to bring folks there that he trusted. So I got the picture and here we go. We pull up a long winding road in the hills to a settlement like village. I'm getting out of the car, noticed movement to my left, and turned in that direction to see if it was a mad pitbull or some other dangerous thing that I should be payin close attention to. This is when it gets wierd. Out of the garage of the main structure of this village comes a creature, about 7 feet tall, very hairy, smokin a joint! I'm a pretty open minded guy, and had decided in my heart that if I ever encountered one of these that I would try to remain calm and show that I had no ill intentions. This bigfoot ( I'm quite sure that's what it is, a large male one at that ) walks over to my compadre and starts chattering with him in an excited chorus of what seemed to be words, some comprehensible, some not. Well, I'll tell ya, this is what I'm seein; first, there's a friggin bigfoot inches from my friend, he's conversing with it, IT'S SMOKIN A FRIGGEN JOINT!, and now it's lookin at me! Me, ( I try to think of myself as someone not prone to panic in desperate situations ) tryin ta keep my cool, offer my hand to him to see what happens. This huge creature takes my hand and shakes it much like a human would shake hands. After that initial shock wore off I'm beginning to get used to bein near him without fear that he's gonna harm my buddy or myself ( those things are large and powerful, and I can only imagine the damage that one of them could impose on a fellow if it decided to ) he ( bigfoot ) starts up a short hill to a different portion of this " village ". My bro and I follow close behind, and low and behold, bigfoot takes us to an enclosure packed with weed plants that are around 12 feet tall and way heavy with sweet fruit. We all got sorta quiet, like we entered some kind of bigfoot shrine, me standing in amazement at the site of these weeds. After that point I have always been very good friends with this particular bigfoot, taking liberties as such that I treat his territory as my own, never to reveal its location, and having the extreme privelege of bringing another person with me, unknown to bigfoot............if I ever find another human capable of enduring the initial shock and terror.......of bigfoot, able to keep the secret of this amazing creature, and the location of his precious lair.

OMFG
Crazy ass story dude..
I believe it.
When do I get to meet him??

0021107.JPG
0011099.JPG
What does anyone think about this? I know the picture of the plant sucks, but it shows how the thing was mounted on the plant. BTW, we celebrated our 500th joint from last summers harvest, I didn't weigh anything ( didn't even have a scale ) so I don't know the numbers.
I hope it dont get to smokin trim before this crop comes in. I hope I never buy weed again.

Can't remember if you're running a GLR light schedule or not.
But they could just be enlarged female pre flowers.
This happens when running GLR. I too freaked out and thought my crop got gizzed on by some male!
But there were none anywhere near my babies.
Turned out it was just my plants showing excessive female preflowers because of the GLR and the fact that they were mature enough to be showing genitals.
Because it looks like the plant is budding on that bottom flower. (same plant)
If they've got 2 hairs growing out of the top of the pod I wouldn't worry.
But if you start to see multiple "bananas" clustering, I'd be straight cullin..

Can't remember if you're running a GLR light schedule or not.
But they could just be enlarged female pre flowers.
This happens when running GLR. I too freaked out and thought my crop got gizzed on by some male!
But there were none anywhere near my babies.
Turned out it was just my plants showing excessive female preflowers because of the GLR and the fact that they were mature enough to be showing genitals.
Because it looks like the plant is budding on that bottom flower. (same plant)
If they've got 2 hairs growing out of the top of the pod I wouldn't worry.
But if you start to see multiple "bananas" clustering, I'd be straight cullin..

Thanks vic, those things are segmented, probly will be ok, I'll keep rubbin em off, this is only the 5th or 6th one i've found. Tanks again!

Back
Top Bottom