Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Thanks Neiko for keeping an eye open. I haven't done any research but I just don't see it pop up as people discuss strains. :hmmmm:

You would think they'd have nailed it down by now. They're gene typing fer chrisakes. Where/how do I find my high?! I know that mine has something to do with lime and light pine/fuel aromas ... :love:

Mmmm light pine and fuel aromas mixed with fruity tastes. Sounds like a Carnival to me Gray. But you already knew that.

Strains high in myrcene are usually indica hybrids, that's what contributes to spicy/hashy taste.

Strains high in myrcene are usually indica hybrids, that's what contributes to spicy/hashy taste.

That's what I thought too but I am seeing evidence to the contrary. Clementine is a 70% Sativa hybrid (lemon Skunk x Tangie) and Myrcene is it's main terpene. Overall Teprs last test was 2.12% and 1.31% was Myrcene. THCV is mostly found in Sativa's and Sativa hybrids, Clementine has some of the highest THCV levels of the plants I've tested at .51%. I used to think anything over .5% of Myrcene indicated an indica dominate strain, I'm finding that not so true. Quite a few sativa hybrids I've tested have over .5% myrcene in them. The strains I tend to really like myrcene is not the main terp.

I've never tried Marinol, which is pure THC. REports from people who have say they feel like crap. The terps are necessary for humans to enjoy cannabis. Perhaps that's why they're in the plant in the first place?

The entourage effect. It's nature's way.

These days, if my produce doesn't smell like a delicious desert that I want to eat right now, I don't want to have the product on my shelf. It's all about the terps.....20% THC, 30%.....32.5%.....I've got everything from 20 to 32.5 in my garden and I really don't care if it's 20 or 30 on the THC.....I want the terps!

It's not just the terps. The combination of THC and CBD create a powerful synergy that makes using them as isolates a waste of good meds. An isolate can be used to increase the component load, as in trying to bring an oil into ratio balance, but on their own they're not a preferred method by anyone paying attention to cannabinoid therapies.

I'm with GT, I built a spreadsheet for all test results, potency and terps. When we find a strain we really like or don't or one good for a certain ailment I try to isolate what is different about it. I'm starting to see patterns develop now I've got over 25 test results. For example, 707 truthband is a very lemony tasting strain with an uplifting high...a great mood enhancer. That has a completely unique terpene profile, it's high in lemonine (it's main terp). Most strains I've tested if they have limonine it's usually a minor terp and is present at .01-.08% by weight. truthband came back with .89% limonine. Tikal is another that has a high different from most other strains and it's dominate terpene is terpinoline. Terpinoline is the dominate terpene in Durban Poison which is a very tasty and popular strain. I find most strain's main terpene is Myrcene and while those are good, there is nothing special about the high for me. Others love Myrcene dominate strains...to each their own.

I'm so pleased to hear you're doing this. Before long I suspect Green Flower will have the same thing available on their site. I should ask Max if they're planning on it. I recently won one of the terpene dictionaries they offered. Still waiting for it to arrive. It'll give me an olfactory key to the major terpenes. I'll share when I get it. I noticed Terpinoline was one of the major terpenes in the CBD Critical Cure I grow for my daughter.

Oh yes I know that smell. It's why I love Durban Poison and Tikal. Have you been on green flower media? Lots of science and terp talk.

I got sick when they broadcast the latest class on cannabis chemestry. That's on my agenda for the weekend. This one should be fun.

Mmmm light pine and fuel aromas mixed with fruity tastes. Sounds like a Carnival to me Gray. But you already knew that.

Lime... How did I not connect it to lime? For days now I've been trying to pin down that precise citrus aroma. Thank you gentlemen. This one is my favorite of my two favorites. There's another terpene in her that is mirrored in the CBD Critical Mass, but in higher concentrations. My mind always associates it with a buttery smell, but that not at all what it is. Sooner or later I'll get some Carnival tested and we'll know for sure. I haven't been able to find any test results for Carnival on line. Anyone else have any luck with that?

This might be true if we're looking at the new classifications. The class I missed the other night at Green Flower should clear this up.

That's what I thought too but I am seeing evidence to the contrary. Clementine is a 70% Sativa hybrid (lemon Skunk x Tangie) and Myrcene is it's main terpene. Overall Teprs last test was 2.12% and 1.31% was Myrcene. THCV is mostly found in Sativa's and Sativa hybrids, Clementine has some of the highest THCV levels of the plants I've tested at .51%. I used to think anything over .5% of Myrcene indicated an indica dominate strain, I'm finding that not so true. Quite a few sativa hybrids I've tested have over .5% myrcene in them. The strains I tend to really like myrcene is not the main terp.

Since we're calling sativas indicas and vice versa, the confusion increases. :laughtwo:

You guys are having some dynamite conversations over here Neiko. You've become one of my favorite places to stop in the morning. Have a wonderful day. :hug: :love:

Morning Sue and Doc, thanks for stopping by. Sue, I took that class as well and that reminded me to check my junk mail. I won a terp dictionary too...what a cool surprise. I live that site!

Sent from my SM-N910P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Morning Sue and Doc, thanks for stopping by. Sue, I took that class as well and that reminded me to check my junk mail. I won a terp dictionary too...what a cool surprise. I live that site!

Sent from my SM-N910P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:woohoo: Good to hear. I'm looking forward to the class. I love Arno. It's such a delight to have access to someone of his stature in the cannabis field.

I wish I could find the time to study some of this stuff. But my days, aside from Sundays, are pretty much booked up. I need to find a block where I can learn more about what I'm growing. It would be cool if I described the highs I was getting scientifically instead of saying "This shit gets my head going, rush to the brain. Or, this stuff will knock you into the couch". Seems archaic when you think about all of the information we have on this plant so far. Thanks for the knowledge Neiko and all. Very informative.

I wish I could find the time to study some of this stuff. But my days, aside from Sundays, are pretty much booked up. I need to find a block where I can learn more about what I'm growing. It would be cool if I described the highs I was getting scientifically instead of saying "This shit gets my head going, rush to the brain. Or, this stuff will knock you into the couch". Seems archaic when you think about all of the information we have on this plant so far. Thanks for the knowledge Neiko and all. Very informative.

FWIW....all the science and talk of terps is super cool for sure.

But none of it means much if the plants aren't grown in such a way that they express their potential. Focus on growing. Train your own nose.

Egghead scientists are awesome, but when you want a good breakfast, you generally don't ask the Dean of the Chemistry Department to cook it for you.....

A chemist can tell you why you taste certain things the way you do, but a cook makes it happen. Be the cook!

FWIW.

FWIW....all the science and talk of terps is super cool for sure.

But none of it means much if the plants aren't grown in such a way that they express their potential. Focus on growing. Train your own nose.

Egghead scientists are awesome, but when you want a good breakfast, you generally don't ask the Dean of the Chemistry Department to cook it for you.....

A chemist can tell you why you taste certain things the way you do, but a cook makes it happen. Be the cook!

FWIW.

Being a good cook requires excellent ingredients. Good thing I have the best ingredients available to cook this awesome plant.

Cheers Doc
:roorrip:

I got a little update today. Everything is on cruise control it seems right now. With the warmer weather we've been having, I've been able to keep my RH up to about 60% and the plants are loving it.
Tikal Day 90
20170304_060533.jpg
20170304_060603.jpg
20170304_060514.jpg
20170304_060449.jpg

Clementine Day 48
20170304_060048.jpg
20170304_060006.jpg
20170304_060119.jpg
20170304_060150.jpg
20170304_060231.jpg

Congo is starting to bud...I love the looks of this plant!
20170304_060309.jpg

20170304_060638.jpg

Malawi
20170304_060354.jpg

20170304_060341.jpg

Panama Haze
20170304_060409.jpg

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend gang!

Back
Top Bottom