Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

do you think there would be a difference in your lab results if you tested a nug right after harvest vs a cured nug?

Absolutely! I try to test within a couple days of coming off the rack. I try to stay consistent. Kinda like testing Brix levels, you want to do it the same way everytime. Terpenes evaporate and cannabinoids change with the cure. If it wasn't so expensive, I would do multiple tests on 1 plant. Test results will vary depending on where the bud was on the plant. The lab told me there can be as much as a 10% difference on the same plant depending on where you test. I try to take a nug from about 1/3 down on the plant. When I trim I select a couple candidates and when it's dry I send in the one closest to 1.5 grams. That's how much they like if you do potency and terpene tests.

it's expensive here too unless you are testing a lot. So, the cannabis we end up smoking can lose up to 10% of potency during the cure? makes you wonder why we cure sometimes. I will say my OG Kush smelled funny in the beginning. But, it smells heavenly now. Still knocks me on my ass too. Thanks for the feedback Neiko

Ok, I got the Panama Haze, Malawi and Congo transplanted and flipped! I took clones of Congo and Malawi. Panama Haze is another 16 weeker so I passed on that. ACE gifted me quite a few seeds of the panama haze for sharing test results with them so I will pass on cloning those for now. Got a couple rootballs ammended for a 2nd run and watered everything, just plain water with a little tea.
Panama Haze
20170221_130434.jpg
20170221_130548.jpg

Malawi
20170221_134621.jpg

Malawi and Panama Haze in their final resting place
20170221_142808.jpg

Congo
20170221_142135.jpg
20170221_142821.jpg

I don't rip plants out of fabric pots anymore, I just fill the final container with new soil, add roots! and set the plant right in the pot. The roots grow right through the fabric and I end up with a full container of roots.
20170221_142343.jpg

2 10 gallon rootballs recycled. I added 5lb EWC, 8oz of ammendment, 1 gallon water, fresh leaves with roots!
20170221_143948.jpg

OK guys this journal is officially underway. Thanks for participating!

Ok, I got the Panama Haze, Malawi and Congo transplanted and flipped! I took clones of Congo and Malawi. Panama Haze is another 16 weeker so I passed on that. ACE gifted me quite a few seeds of the panama haze for sharing test results with them so I will pass on cloning those for now. Got a couple rootballs ammended for a 2nd run and watered everything, just plain water with a little tea.
Panama Haze
20170221_130434.jpg
20170221_130548.jpg

Malawi
20170221_134621.jpg

Malawi and Panama Haze in their final resting place
20170221_142808.jpg

Congo
20170221_142135.jpg
20170221_142821.jpg

I don't rip plants out of fabric pots anymore, I just fill the final container with new soil, add roots! and set the plant right in the pot. The roots grow right through the fabric and I end up with a full container of roots.
20170221_142343.jpg

2 10 gallon rootballs recycled. I added 5lb EWC, 8oz of ammendment, 1 gallon water, fresh leaves with roots!
20170221_143948.jpg

OK guys this journal is officially underway. Thanks for participating!

I really missed looking at your garden. I stoked you're back! Looking incredible.

neiko, have you tried the Congo? :)

looking great!!

No not yet. I liked the description about the growth pattern, flowering time and effect. The effects sound a lot like the lambs breath and the wife loves that stuff. I have a lot of ACE seeds (and Ziggy+) to get through. So far it has been a pleasure to grow, it's a very sturdy plant.

No not yet. I liked the description about the growth pattern, flowering time and effect. The effects sound a lot like the lambs breath and the wife loves that stuff. I have a lot of ACE seeds (and Ziggy+) to get through. So far it has been a pleasure to grow, it's a very sturdy plant.

any smells? :)

love those African sativas :thumb:

they do great in Docs kit!

it's expensive here too unless you are testing a lot. So, the cannabis we end up smoking can lose up to 10% of potency during the cure? makes you wonder why we cure sometimes. I will say my OG Kush smelled funny in the beginning. But, it smells heavenly now. Still knocks me on my ass too. Thanks for the feedback Neiko

You lose over 50% of the monoterpenes within the first week. This is why some of the oil makers are playing with things like vacuum sealing and processing fresh harvested materials. Getting the full entourage effect is really chasing a pipe dream in most cases.

You lose over 50% of the monoterpenes within the first week. This is why some of the oil makers are playing with things like vacuum sealing and processing fresh harvested materials. Getting the full entourage effect is really chasing a pipe dream in most cases.

why couldn't you just make your oil right away since you aren't smoking it anyways? sorry for the hijack Neiko

why couldn't you just make your oil right away since you aren't smoking it anyways? sorry for the hijack Neiko

Good Question, you have to decarb the herb or oil to activate it and that loses the terps. Sue was telling me about naturally decarbing the bud by sealing it in a jar and not opening it for like 4 months and that way does retain what terps are left. I need to get that info because I just harvested a shit load so packing some away for that long won't hurt me.

Back
Top Bottom