New Grow - First Time Using Premium Strains

Just got my Hydro kit in the mail, so in the mean time while I wait for my soil grows to get to cloning and seed producing level, I found a bunch of old seeds on my carpet floor that I "forgot where there?", and so I'll germ them and start up the new hydro, I also found an old long flourescent ballast with bulb still in from a fish tank setup used to have, I'll hang the ballast over the hydro using some wire or rope on the other side of the closet, my kit comes with 8 sites in which to grow in, so I'm going to try starting plants in all sites, to make a little separate jungle going while the kerala and auto do their things. I know I said I wasn't going to use bagseed anymore, but I don't want to waste time and space, which could be very well used for production.

I had to do an emergency transplant into some different soil, as was bought the wrong kind of soil for original transplant of the automax and it was starting to burn the leaves, so I retransplanted it into a bigger pot and tried to extract as much of the other soil as I could without damaging her root system much,, I think it was successful as she seems to be doing fine now, and I just finished transplanting the kerala skunks (root bound) from their seedling cups to newer large pots and we'll see how they take off into their new dirt.. as you can see they've all had relatively extensive growth. I wonder what I should save my 5 gallon bucket for... :hmmmm:
I also upgraded my grow a little bit, made some space and used some blackout material to create a "tent like" structure back there, it looks a lot nicer and now theres plenty of room for all the "vegetation".

gww.jpg

r321.jpg

sfe.jpg

Is that big one your auto? They all look great, I had to read over to figure whats going on and saw plans on making seeds with the auto I think. something bout herming a female to use for pollen. I had in a few grows a go a light leak in flower that hermed the plant getting it, I got some seeds off her and smeared that pollen on a different strain. That grow didnt go too long for other issues and I had gotten alot of little immature seeds and a few looking viable, I havent sprouted any yet but I believe them to be female when I do.my 2cents If that is anywhere close to plans I would seperate auto over to hydro light and flip those other 2 to 12/12. YOu might get a male if there not fem seeds and it may take some time to herm them on light stressing, like weeks possibly5-6.That would put auto near finish again just a thought for ya.:goodluck::peace:

Yes, the big one is the automax, and, instead of using light stress, I was just going to use some Colloidal Silver, read that that does the trick, just need to do a branch, the kerala's where from regular seeds, (that's what the two smaller plants are) so I'll see which is male or fem. I actually just took the automax out, and put it up in my attic with a 2700k bulb in order to separate them so that can keep going, also to make room for the hydro kit, it's easier just to slip it in next to them than use the other side of the closet, I've got 3 germed bagseeds sitting in rockwool cubes im waiting for to root through, and then im going to throw them in the hydro, and I've got to get a new light for the fluorescent ballast, the one thats in is only 15watts. You think I should start flowering the kerala's? Wasn't sure if their ready, if I do that, when/if I've gotta create like a light wall or something between hydro and kerala's, so that hydro can veg while they flower..

This is what my setup looks like right now, just need to get a better bulb for the long fluorescent, im waiting for these bagseeds to fully seed through this rockwool, their taking forever im hoping their still alive, the rest of the seeds are still awaiting germination though the remaining could just be bad.
SSPX00013.jpg
plnt21.jpg
The automax is back in the attic, an because its auto don't have to fuss with the hassles of a light timer, convenience.

Everythings looking good! I like the changes made. I would think about flowering keralas sooner than when hydro is ready for space mostly if you can seperate like you said. I read on the collidal silver too just ab roke as s here, the light stress/leak I had was accident. I hope things work for you on that seed project. :thumb:

I'm more interested in producing bud than seeds, but to keep the strains alive so I could keep enjoying them for the future is a worthwhile accomplishment as well, it's just hard to think about preserving the genetics when I haven't even tried the product yet, but it must come as obvious to want to preserve them, because they are sought after, hard to obtain, and of high quality and potency, so save whats good right? It's just hard tricking your brain into understanding whats good based on mathematical strategy.

Ideally, once you've expunged all of your energy, and your all but left with what's in front of you, it's from the seeds you planted that at that time will have been harvested, to live off of the fruits of your own..

I started 2 dif bag strains about a year ago when starting out growing and chopped males flowered best inside and the extras went outside, then I realized what was gonna happen as they finished to grow again so I cloned both strains from the outdoor plants and have keep those going . The one that hermied from light leak I got some seeds from I stopped growing but the other one I still have and would like to get fem seeds from .I have a problem with space and maintaining moms . Im chopping 3rd mom of this strain to be replaced with one of her clones. I did finally grow some kohonays to order a few named strains but do not want to loose the genes Ive keep going.

Man, I am having no luck with these rockwool cubes, I swear if it's not just simply plain old dirt and seeds im clueless.. I'm having no luck cloning either, I think the reason though might just be that I need a moisture dome, it seems as though all the seeds that germinated have died in the rockwool's, sucks, maybe they just haven't grown out yet still, I'll sit them on my window and see what happens it could just not be time yet, hope it's not my error..

Oh and I followed your advise and started flowering the kerala's, it's kinda strange because one almost looks completely different than the other, yet their both supposed to be of the same strain; but I was able to section off part of the room, and used the blackout material and actually for the first time, the grow is actually completely concealed :) you cant even tell that there's anything there, it's pretty tight, and their both on the light timer, if I could just get something to grow in the cubes I can get a new bulb and use the other side just for hydro, that'd be cool.

BUmmer on seeds so far and cloneing. Ive never used rock wool and just recently got a dome. some cheap expanding peat pellets mite help in a solo with a ziplock sitting over for a dome could maybe help in both departments if you need a cheap alternative. I also use root plugs and for last seed sprouted set in ziploc with papertowel in warm spot till showing root and set her ina plug I slit open to place in easy. DId you sprout em first or start rite in rocwool
Its probaly good you flipped those keralas to get bigger stronger buds instead of a big bush taht shades half the plant from light leaving lots of smaller weaker buds. If you get a male and one female on other you could breed some kerala seeds and even cross with your auto possibly for reg seeds with auto bred in who knows how that would grow I gueass it depends whats dominant I hope things run smooth for ya brother

BUmmer on seeds so far and cloneing. Ive never used rock wool and just recently got a dome. some cheap expanding peat pellets mite help in a solo with a ziplock sitting over for a dome could maybe help in both departments if you need a cheap alternative. I also use root plugs and for last seed sprouted set in ziploc with papertowel in warm spot till showing root and set her ina plug I slit open to place in easy. DId you sprout em first or start rite in rocwool
Its probaly good you flipped those keralas to get bigger stronger buds instead of a big bush taht shades half the plant from light leaving lots of smaller weaker buds. If you get a male and one female on other you could breed some kerala seeds and even cross with your auto possibly for reg seeds with auto bred in who knows how that would grow I gueass it depends whats dominant I hope things run smooth for ya brother

I sprouted them first in zip lock bag with paper towel, yeah, the kerala's I can honestly say I have made no mistakes with whatsoever, other than maybe being a day late on transplanting them into large pots from being root locked in their seedling cups, and that's only because my mom didn't want to go out and get the soil :( ; but after that they've really quite taken off and their roots have taken to the new soil beautifully, their really quite model plants, perfectly straight, little internodal spacing. The automax however I had in the attic has been stretching way to much, it hit the light twice in 2 days, and part of the top leaves were slightly burnt, and it's all internodal spacing, not actual internode growth, so I switched the bulb out and put the 4600 daylight in to maybe stop it, I had just topped it about 5 days ago before.

Yes, I just checked them, in the rockwool cubes, all dead. Sucks, I had covered the tops with part of the rockwool itself to enclose them into the cube, so it could sprout outforth like as if in dirt, and then the roots would push on through the bottom, but damn all dead. Gotta work on my rockwooling some more, because I need that in order to start up the hydro, that's pretty much essential to how they work.

this is them from yesterday I believe, just a little bit bigger today, I think I spy a white pistil on the stronger one, the other one is still too soon I think yet, but looks hopeful.
SSPX0004.jpg

SSPX00021.jpg

I dug up a few more seeds off of my carpet and threw in a wet paper towel baggie, a few have started to germinate, soon as they get longer tails I'll throw into some partially "soaked" rockwool cubes and try the hydro again, wish me luck. I really wanna get an HPS.

Just finished checking on the kerala's after their dark period was over, and it seems as though I am in luck, I can spot miniature bud, with white pistil sticking out, on BOTH Kerala's! Happy day, looks like my free seeds offer really worked out.

SSPX0006.jpg

SSPX00092.jpg

Back
Top Bottom