New grow (grow B) SD & ATF

thank you very good info ive been worried bout doing it to my girl due to her being at 2 weeks flowering now, i didnt want to stress her.

what larf?lol

Wombats look crazy man! I think I gotta pic of the one you might have hit right before you hit it. Its getting approved then I'll post. Your grow and clones are looking good man:partyboy:

:peace:

Thank you. Generally I skirt until I can see light on the dirt. Usually 3-4 bottom branches are removed, sometimes more. All small buds at the very bottom are trimmed off too. sometimes larger leaf are removed from the inside if the plants have been topped. I usually top every other one so I can alternate plants with one big kola with ones that have 4 or more big buds from topping. These were skirted up higher that usual since I let them go taller. The thing I like about doing this is every bud ends up being large, no "larf" to mess with. I do this process about 3 weeks into bud since vegetative growth is tapered off by then; otherwise you end up having to skirt twice since veg growth is still happening.

Ya know Kick...It's funny how I learn a little bit from all of the journals that I read here at 420. Case in point...topping and skirting. Your pics are great and I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
So a few questions for you if you please...
1. Do you or can you clone the branches you cut off?
2. If my eye balling skills are any good your plants look like they are about 4' overall height. How much higher do you anticipate they will get?
3. You top every other plant and not all of them so I am assuming there is not much difference in yield for topped vs non-topped. Is that true?

Ya know Kick...It's funny how I learn a little bit from all of the journals that I read here at 420. Case in point...topping and skirting. Your pics are great and I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
So a few questions for you if you please...
1. Do you or can you clone the branches you cut off?
2. If my eye balling skills are any good your plants look like they are about 4' overall height. How much higher do you anticipate they will get?
3. You top every other plant and not all of them so I am assuming there is not much difference in yield for topped vs non-topped. Is that true?

JHM: I suppose one could clone those pieces, however, keep in mind they are 3 weeks into flower stage. I took clones this time at near 2 weeks. This is farther than I would normally clone, so I would say no. I put my trimmings in a burn barrel and torch 'em.

Your eyes are right, they are all right at 4 feet tall, but they are done stretching. Keep in mind that veg. growth will usually taper off at 20-21 days, this is where I do my trimming...

There is one difference between topped and non-topped plants as far as I have seen. If a plant is topped you will obviously not have one large kola, but rather you will see 4-6 very large buds that will take it's place. Some people even LST the main kola to get those larger buds to grow w/o topping. I like those big top buds, but I only top when necessary. Yield is similar either way as far as I see. I managed to finish off at over 4 oz. per plant (dried and cured) for my middle-of-harvest group. I am shooting for over 4 oz. (each) all the way through this time.

Cloning a plant 21 days into flower is the perfect time. With a 8 or 9 week strain by the time you harvest the original plants your clones will be re vegged and the perfect height to flower. There is a method for this type of growing called the "flowering clone?" method and it gives one the ability to keep a continuous grow without keeping mother plants. Perfect for SCRoG, super cropping or LST growing.

Cloning a plant 21 days into flower is the perfect time. With a 8 or 9 week strain by the time you harvest the original plants your clones will be re vegged and the perfect height to flower. There is a method for this type of growing called the "flowering clone?" method and it gives one the ability to keep a continuous grow without keeping mother plants. Perfect for SCRoG, super cropping or LST growing.

Interesting point. I usually clone and share back and forth with a couple other growers, so clones are not a real problem for us. That may be something I would do if I were in it alone for sure.

I messed with flowering clones a few times, and I found that earlier in the flowering cycle is better to clone...like 6 days or so. If you take flowering clones, definately root them with 24 hours and keep it like that. They take forever to get back to regular vegetation if you let them get any darkness.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I spotted mites on two plants on 3/8/08. The infestation was pretty minor. When lights went off for the day I set up my Atomist and applied Azatrol to the girls. Checking tonight there are almost no mites left alive. The follow up treatment will be on 3/11/08 to kill any new hatchlings that might have made it through. An interesting thing to note is any hatchlings that are born after the first treatment will supposedly be sterile and not able to reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom