New Room - New Medium - New Strains - 425 At It Again

Well, moving right along. Got the plant from the back moved out, had to cut up the scrog, but used yo-yos and some Rope to stabilize. Trichs are looking good on 35-40% off the crop, but not enough yet:)
420-magazine-mobile1848765241.jpg

We have some awesome things happening. Two candy Kush turned purple, the SFL is bulking so much it's astonishing, and the Hyena is the best of the Hyenas I've grown. I cut some lowers off for flower pics and trich checks.
420-magazine-mobile1581061776.jpg
420-magazine-mobile691424561.jpg
420-magazine-mobile178799670.jpg

This grow is going pretty well, and I'm excited for the results. Thanks to all
Who follow, and a special thanks to LBO7 and Hyena Merica, their clones and seed donations are why this grow has anything growing:) Thanks guys!

Cheers!

Did some choppy choppy today. 3 plants took 4 hours for 2 people. One runt SFL, one strawberry Cough, and the massive snowball that is my Candy Kush under HPS.

First are some buds that got hit with the scissors...
420-magazine-mobile473633581.jpg

And an Untrimmed branch of CK...
420-magazine-mobile392853478.jpg

A pile of trimmed branches (about 10% of what we ended up with)...
420-magazine-mobile386054501.jpg

An nicely wet trimmed cola...
420-magazine-mobile60422173.jpg

Hollow stems!!!
420-magazine-mobile1039796602.jpg

Crystal report...
420-magazine-mobile659803903.jpg

Drying all that now, have 2x as much left to trim on the 5 other plants.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Cheers.

Pulled apart some the pots/medium from the last couple plants with reason. I follow a fella here, Dabby Duck, and he makes awesome videos and grows killer weed. In his videos He demonstrates the power behind a massive initial rooting structure using rock wool and air pruning, and showed some impressive taproots, bigger than the biggest stem I have here. I don't use 4" blocks, but the results are similar on a smaller scale. Thanks for all the advice Dabby. Here is what was going on below the surface...

Candy Kush is the subject for the next few photos, starting with base stem. This plant really grew off of 4 primary arms, the weaker ones were trimmed away early in veg.
420-magazine-mobile688452805.jpg

I would have liked to see whiter roots, but these GH Waterfarms are not designed for circulation and flow, and need serious modifications to work as well as I imagined...that's ok next grow we will change that:). This is the paint strainer and the root ball minor.
420-magazine-mobile1932027931.jpg

Our root pad, basically clogging up the upper bucket, good thing I drilled extra holes to start with.
420-magazine-mobile200852650.jpg

Root mass with a bunch of hydroton removed.
420-magazine-mobile1305841643.jpg

Sour Fire Lost dualing taproots.
420-magazine-mobile1263257787.jpg

Learned some lessons here, still have more to harvest. Once I cut the remainder down, the ceiling of this room will be removed, and I'm gonna increase the headroom all the way up. The roof comes to a peak above this room, but I will get an extra foot of height at the edges, and 3 feet in the center. I also intend on building a lighting rack that I can raise and lower with a easy hand drawn winch.

Enjoy your Sunday y'all, see you in a few days with drying updates.

Cheers.

Got a bunch of the candy kush trimmed last week, and it has been slowly drying. I cycled all the buds in the box to try to equalize humidity.
420-magazine-mobile308430377.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1222542698.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1334624564.jpg

They are sweet smelling and frosty purple greatness. I can't wait to smoke this shit!

Trichs are as amber as I like them for a speedy and functional high. I'll have some pictures tomorrow after the rest of this crop is chopped, wet trimmed, and starting to dry.

Happy Saturday!

Spent about 6 more hours in the grow with help today. Got everything chopped and wet trimmed, boxed to dry and ready to start the slow but worth curing process. First was the last of the candy Kush. This plant was on the outside edge of my grow space, and it orioles really hard, also only used Burple leds for them.
420-magazine-mobile1116961935.jpg

That whole plant is almost black, smells crazy, well see how it drys and cures.

Next was the Sour Fire Lost. These two plants should have been lollypopped way harder, but all the larfy bottom buds will make some supreme hash.
420-magazine-mobile1339322161.jpg
420-magazine-mobile551861859.jpg

Next up is the Black Hyena. This plant is so strong and thick. The smell is great and he trichs were good enough to make me happy. The longest cola you see is about 2 feet long. Dense as all getup and dripping with crystals, the Hyena will not disappoint.
420-magazine-mobile1617772073.jpg
420-magazine-mobile956091030.jpg

Harvest should dry out to a bountiful amount of class A chronic! Happy Sunday, Cheers!

JB.

Spent about 6 more hours in the grow with help today. Got everything chopped and wet trimmed, boxed to dry and ready to start the slow but worth curing process. First was the last of the candy Kush. This plant was on the outside edge of my grow space, and it orioles really hard, also only used Burple leds for them.
420-magazine-mobile1116961935.jpg

That whole plant is almost black, smells crazy, well see how it drys and cures.

Next was the Sour Fire Lost. These two plants should have been lollypopped way harder, but all the larfy bottom buds will make some supreme hash.
420-magazine-mobile1339322161.jpg
420-magazine-mobile551861859.jpg

Next up is the Black Hyena. This plant is so strong and thick. The smell is great and he trichs were good enough to make me happy. The longest cola you see is about 2 feet long. Dense as all getup and dripping with crystals, the Hyena will not disappoint.

Harvest should dry out to a bountiful amount of class A chronic! Happy Sunday, Cheers!

JB.

Ahhh why didn't you ask me to come help?!! I would've been more than down.

Crop is looking bonkers man. I can't wait to get some of this!! ..

JB.

MY FRIEND YOU KILLED IT!

Seriously, that's a fabulous freaking bud.

Wait...as seed donor, isn't there a rule or something that I get 25%? :laughtwo:

Awesome job bro. Thank you. Can't wait for a smoke report.

Peace, Hyena

Hey all. I guess this part is kind of bittersweet for me, and maybe for all of us. Chop is done. The room is empty and needs cleaned.
420-magazine-mobile662188026.jpg

Everyone is dry and sealed in 1/2 gallon and quart jars with their respective labels and weights. I'll have smoke reports in a month or so, just before I close this thread. I know that if your grow gets cool at night it can cause purple, but I didn't think it would happen at 65 degrees, which is what I used as my night temp, with 75 as the average day temp. All Hydro with a general hydroponics water farm. I will be ditching the plumbing and concept, and making some modifications to get GREAT water flow and not always have everyone sitting in excessive water. (I have watched the way Hyena Merica grows, and I want to somewhat replicate his system. He has managed to make the lowest maintenance garden I have ever seen, and also happens to grow some of the most amazing cannabis One can lay eyes on.) I will post some specimen photos when we are cured up, that way we can talk smoke report and such. Here is the take.

Candy Kush 1 (green/purple)-162g
Candy Kush 2 (purple)-89g
Candy Kush 3 (purple)-127g
Strawberry Cough-60g
Sour Fire Lost-160g
Black Hyena II-137g
Misc trim and buds-130g
Total useable yield-864g

420-magazine-mobile614940009.jpg
420-magazine-mobile312340681.jpg

Sounds like I have some work to do to get this room back to ready in short order. My friend and comradê LB07 ha a clone project, and I will be growing out some strains he is working on, as well as one we have grown before. My next set up will be running just 6 plants, but I think I can produce more flower than last time, out of just 6 plants with a good veg period and a good loaf of training. Likely to use the same nutes as last time, pleased with the outcomes so far.

Back
Top Bottom