Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

By drilling up rock dust I am assuming it is as elementary as it sounds and just drilling into rocks creating the dust... Or is there more of a process on this? Sorry I have just never heard of doing this although I have heard of using lava rock.

heya ptsd,, cheers to ya,,,it is indeed as simple as it sounds,, ,, though the drilling process itself is not so simple,, as in easy,, ,, but rewarding,, least for the purpose i originally started the drilling for

my yard guards

P1130958.JPG

mods,, those are mj plants,, just have funny leaves is all

hope this is in off topic, this is the rock,,, and those rebar rods are in the holes that i drill and obtain the dust from,, simple,,,, right,,

cheers dank,, nice to meetcha,, great time to be alive,, indeed :cheer:

the bits are masonry bits,, for concrete,, granite, mountain ash,, i use these, because these are what i have,, but i need to get some better bits,, called 'diamond hole saws',, yes, they are bits but called saws,, ok then,, :scratchinghead:

the mountain ash is relatively soft,, but my ole hands are softer

there is quite a bit of info on rock dust benefits,, and on this site too, i forgot to blog the good stuff,,, results can be quite dramatic indeed,, but i will enter the experiment slowly,, and see what we see,,, cheers ptsd,,

oh, silly me,, hawaii?? nope,, volcanoes elsewhere as well, even here once,, kelowna,,south central british columbia, canada. come get me koppers,, and the yard guards and me as well say thanks for the nice words,, cheers

my other clones are all exploding with new growth as well,, six out of seven,, not too bad this time,, gives me lots of plants to play with, and work with,, and new seeds coming,, oh boy,, fun times ahead,, :cheer:

the one clone that did succumb had a sister that is the only one left that is still a bit delicate,, i have to keep a clone dome on er,, but it is very much alive,, it is a delahaze,, and mom has lots more clonable shoots if i needs em,,but i think this one will be just fine anyhow,, not a worry at all,,

P1140982.JPG

the two afghandi clones are two and a half weeks old, as is the delahaze above,, the afghandi clones are growing very well indeed,,

P1140984.JPG

i also discovered, last night,, that the afghandi plant , the mother in the flower room., is very much female,, finally saw pistols,, and i have been checking every day,, in case of maledom,, after all, the mom plant is in flower with others,, so,, no males allowed

P1140987.JPG

one is in a small pot for quick use,, or for something,, i will figure it out,, and the other is in a big pot,, for me big anyway,, for a ten week veg or so

heya ptsd,, cheers to ya,,,it is indeed as simple as it sounds,, ,, though the drilling process itself is not so simple,, as in easy,, ,, but rewarding,, least for the purpose i originally started the drilling for

my yard guards

P1130958.JPG

mods,, those are mj plants,, just have funny leaves is all

hope this is in off topic, this is the rock,,, and those rebar rods are in the holes that i drill and obtain the dust from,, simple,,,, right,,

You are such a wit nivek! :laughtwo:

This is a grow journal and the rock dust is part of the soil mix. The rock dust comes from these rocks, hence the need to include this photo in this journal. Sounds reasonable, eh?

and of course the star of my little circus,, the elephant plant,,, is still as silly as ever,, just a hoot to bend all over,, i got it going this way and that way ,, up and down and all around,, we laugh we do,, like dancing almost.

bondage, as good as i can get,, and oh so much more to come,,

P1140993.JPG

the end of some of the stumpy ends,, ends??? the ends parts, some of them, are just a mass of ,,, i don't even know what,, just more shoots i guess,, shoots galore,, amazing

P1140994.JPG

but,, goofy as it is,, grossly elephantized though it be,, give it enough tough love and enough chains,, lots of chains,, even this beast can be tamed,, and , well, it has it's good side as well,,

P1140989.JPG

a fine looking freak it will be,, like it or not,, ha

Amazing work on those clones nivek. One of these days I'll have to try cloning. I'll call on your expertise then. :thumb:

Haha pardon my ignorance on the location. Kelowna sounds kinda islandish and the volcano rock.... lol connections were made. Ive used diamond bits before. I don't know about the saw aspect but I have used em and damn they are some kick ass bits. Its crazy you saw pistols at that size of a plant, but I guess each is different. I posted this on another Afghani grow by 420brother and I will throw it into your also. This is me back in 2009 in a football (American football that is :winkyface: ) field size grow of some true Afghani bud. We used to stumble on these grows, along with massive opium fields on a nearly daily basis. I got more photos too I just don't know how happy the ol' army would be with publishing the others.... My biggest regret not pocketing a couple of seeds to make the journey back home. Anyways heres a little motivation for ya!!!

765231650156019.jpg

Its crazy you saw pistols at that size of a plant, but I guess each is different.

oh gosh,, my mistake,, i saw the pistols on those clones moma,, the moma is in the flower room,, 10 weeks old,, finally tho,, sorry,, cheers

Also a side not..... With your elephant plant being as fucked up as it is and a mutant is what I am guessing it would be would it be traits that could bread, or is it just more of a fluke. I don't know much about cannabis genetics and although the traits look desirable I would think it wouldn't be passed on..... ??

This is a grow journal and the rock dust is part of the soil mix. The rock dust comes from these rocks, hence the need to include this photo in this journal. Sounds reasonable, eh?

absolutely,, hunderd percent,, not at all worried,, perfectly sensible statement sue,, totally agree,, thanks and cheers

Also a side not..... With your elephant plant being as fucked up as it is and a mutant is what I am guessing it would be would it be traits that could bread, or is it just more of a fluke. I don't know much about cannabis genetics and although the traits look desirable I would think it wouldn't be passed on..... ??

great q's pal,, i wish i had great a's, but i don't. i am new to this hobby am flying,, so flying,, by the seat of me pants. everything this plant is doing is brand new to me,, but i am going to be doing a clone or two so i will be interested to see it the elephantitus carries on or eases out at some point

btw,, i did neglect to mention the elephant plant is a white widow

This indoor stuff is all new to me also, wish I would have gotten into it a lot earlier in life... In my uneducated opinion I would think that the traits would be more likely pass on to clones but lost during true reproduction... Who knows although it will be interesting to see no doubt.

Sorry Ill quit bombing your thread with my ramblings :Namaste:

ramble away,, all good,, very good actually,, cheers :Namaste:

Yo nivek,
Was catching up on SweetSue's thread and saw that you have some heat concerns for Summer. You said AC was out of the question, but have you considered flip-flopping day/night? Just a notion.
Love and respect

i have considered that ranger,, thanks,, and i did do that ranger,, many thanks for the good idea confirmation,, i covered the switch in my journal or someones journal somewhere, about two weeks ago. i was curious if doing a long dark period and then the day/night switch or one hour increments over time,, i chose one hour increments and then a couple days later was convinced by a couple of 420 friends, sue mostly, to do the extended dark period,, but, alas,, now i have much less access to my flower room, unless i want to stay up all night,, oh well,,

it is much better this way,, but also not even close to warm yet outside, never mind hot,, and it get's hot here,, 100 lots, some summers. i have a cut back production plan in the works for 'hot' a work in progress,,

cheers ranger,, thanks for helpin me out,,

a late evening venture into the flower room to get some pics and just cuz i love to be in there,,

P1140996.JPG

the upper canopy,, unknown strain,, 10 weeks with pistols tonight,, i cut off one small bud to get a closer look and noticed a few ambers, under some lower leaves,, gonna be soon i just knows it,, time to flush next watering and straight water after that for two weeks

the leaves are getting a bit ratty ,, and a well deserved rattiness it is too,, great job leaves :cheer:

the three sisters are foxtails i guess, or maybe someone knows better,, i have seen that word a lot latey

P1160002.JPG

actually i have renamed this bud 'yoda'.....:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom