Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

Is that actually called a Costa Rica flower Nivek?
It snowed a bit at my place yesterday, brrrrr....

heya weas,, i would say no, it's not called that,, but i could be wrong,, i actually have no clue as to the name of the flower,, but i do know i was in costa rica when i took the photo,, and there was no snow there either,, here either,, but dern near

thanks brother,, good to hear from you,, have a good one pal,, cheers

Yo nivek,
If you anticipate heat problems, you may want to check out "How to build a dorm room AC" on HowCast. Elegant solution to the problem, cheap and ez, especially if you're already running a fan. Turned my buddy Beateo onto this and I think he's already making one. He's super-nice and quite handy, kinda like you.

Such beautiful ladies you have! Congrats, sir :)
I have read through your entire journal here, with as much interest and anticipation as a favourite novel. I must admit, I was quite sad when I got to the end, but am very excited when I see your updates!
I really hope I don't sound like a creep, but I find you very intriguing, and can't wait to see how your girls progress!

I have read through your entire journal here, with as much interest and anticipation as a favourite novel. I must admit, I was quite sad when I got to the end, but am very excited when I see your updates!
I really hope I don't sound like a creep, but I find you very intriguing, and can't wait to see how your girls progress!

He had the same effect on me EmeraldLungs. He caught me with the first line. :laughtwo:

Forgive my lack of manners. Welcome to the :420: community. Glad to make your acquaintance.

Yo nivek,
If you anticipate heat problems, you may want to check out "How to build a dorm room AC" on HowCast. Elegant solution to the problem, cheap and ez, especially if you're already running a fan. Turned my buddy Beateo onto this and I think he's already making one. He's super-nice and quite handy, kinda like you.

cheers ranger,, thanks for the input and concern,, :Namaste: ... i actually saw that video on a facebook link,, very clever indeed,, and i have a fan like that too,, a smaller one,, might be something to think about more as summer get's hot,, though i really don't want to have to cool artificially anything for this hobby,, iffin i really don't have to,,,

alienpus has been helping me and continues to help me despite his injuries,, a fine 420 member indeed,, he be. i think we can fix my problems,, least as best we can

i am going to see soon enough,, time is rollin,, i use a pipe, thanks

first off,, welcome to the 420 community,, we all benefit from new members,, and i am still one myself,, i look forward to reading your story soon, emerald,, as in what is the connection between emeralds and lungs?? i can't even imagine,, nope,,,:scratchinghead:... i tried again,,, nothin.

your words are very kind indeed,,, i suppose if i happened to be in the process of thinking seriously about doing some 'actual' writing,, 'real' writing,, you know,, not like this fake stuff,, ha,, well i suppose if i happened to be thinking that,, about the writing,, i would be extremely happy to read a comment like yours,, and a little bit excited even,, maybe,, if i happened to be thinking that way.

do you know why writers,, classically great writers, so many of them,, have a reputation for drinking so much alcohol??? i don't. but i have a theory. it is the only way they can write the truth,, a sober mind, sometimes sill not allow them to express the truth,, usually because they think it makes them look silly, stupid, naive, you name it. being hammered allows them the freedom to tell the truth,, so long as they don't edit it later when sober.

all that to say,, not creepy,, i appreciate your truth,,,:Namaste:,,, and i thank you for it,, makes me feel good,,:thanks:

He had the same effect on me EmeraldLungs. He caught me with the first line. :laughtwo:

Forgive my lack of manners. Welcome to the :420: community. Glad to make your acquaintance.

there is always a reason for everything,, like a reason why you are 420's most recent member of the month,, and a very good reason as well.. cheers sue,, all the best to you and dale

so no fanfare involved here,, no trimming party or dance around the block,,, a bit of a harvest took place in my labooratoory over the last couple of evenings. my gifted, unknown strain, hermie laden, second/third rate, eleven week flowering, heat stressed, upper level flower room plants are near no more. one is completely harvested and the other has two thirds of the buds remaining still,, for a week or so,, see iffin it plumps up a bit. the backbuilded buds are still buildingbacks, they remain untouched along with six other blooming buds.

i literally got tired of looking at the things,,and too much coming up and down the pipe, and too much wanting better stuff in my pipe to babysit these plants any longer,, so

P1160039.JPG

these are the washed buds,, oh ya,, i must mention,, i washed these buds,, three step bucket process,, as best i could,, and i also , the evening before,, picked some buds that will not be washed,, for comparison purposes.

i could see,, if i looked real hard,, about one percent amber trichomes,, and i might be cheating that a bit to make me look not so impatient. i know from the last plant,, this plants mother plant,, poor that it was,, that it took forever to finish,, and for what??? please,, i ask you???

P1160028.JPG

i did not want to harvest till i got a new scale so i could have some kind of measurement , of something,, and i knew my bathroom scale would not do for these little plants,, so,, my first amazon purchase,, arrived safely,, with a new ph mater,, wow,, i had a cheepie ph meter, a stick kind, with a dial,, what crap,, i see that now,, i was so blind before,, :blalol: ,,, although i have concluded, with ph data provide by charts and much more knowledgeable growers than this one,, that ph is flexible,, quite,, however,, now that i have reliable ph data,, i see how the urine affects the ph of my water,, and also how severely the vinegar/lemonjuice that i use to slightly lower my ph,, how severely the juice changes ph,, much more than i thought before

so,, out of the 28,, what a great number,, my favorite too,, original buds left on the hermie plants,, 19 are harvested,, one plant completely and a bit of the other,, for a grand total so far,, of 256 grams of bud,, a fair bit o stalk left on,, but fan leaves all removed. i then,, next evening,, after washing and drying,,, (and the missus says i don't do housework,, ha),, i trimmed off about 9 grams of sugar leaves

P1160027.JPG

buds are/were really throwing out the yoda ears lately,, and foxtails,, if that's what foxtails are

a bud is a bud is a bud ,bud,, i guess,,, these are/were eleven weeks and counting,..:thedoubletake:.and that's just the flower part,,,,,,:trance:, sheesh,, c'mon herbie,, where's my auto 56 day seed to harvest seeds,, get at er herb,, yer late

now i have received advice on climate control for my labooratoory from alienpus,, cheers to you my friend,, so my flower room will be going through hopefully it's last renovation this weekend,, gonna have to pull an all nighter to get er done,, or get a green light,, right,, ya,, a green light,, that's the ticket,, ok,, off to get a green light,, cheers for now

Right on, Brother! Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
I'm in the same boat as you, Matey. Real nice plant is coming to her natural end. I like good herb, but I'm not entering any competitions, and don't feel obliged to impress anybody but me & my pipe. I've nipped off a few "tester" buds, and already they get me hectically zotzed. Makes me happy.
So again, Righton! +reps for good herb and good thread.

Well done nivek. Reps for the harvest and the wonderfully entertaining post. :bravo:

Rich in color and tone and filled with your exquisite photos. The colors in that plant are stunning. You have the most delightful narrative style. I never fail to laugh out loud.

Tell the missus, nice nails. Mine never look that good. :laughtwo::green_heart:

cheers sue, bro, ranger, friends,, happy 4/20 day,, :Namaste:

just had to post a pic of this afghandi clone and it's beautiful umbrella,, the leaves on my plants usually do not get to grow so big before they get chopped,, but something about these two beauties made me leave them alone,, so i did,, and they are growing so biiiig,, and luscious,, this plant get's a special place in the veg room to stretch it's wings,, till it don't

P1160062.JPG

great day folks,, make it yours,, cheers

wow niv,, those leaves are huge, i am slightly startled,, reps to you pal,,,, :goodjob:

cheers sue, bro, ranger, friends,, happy 4/20 day,, :Namaste:

Happy 4/20 to you as well nivek. :love:

Incredible leaves on that plant. Wow and double wow! We've all come a long way, haven't we?

Hi nivek....looking good eh. When did you trim your plants like that ? I have a blueberry cross and it's bushy as hell, could I trim all the interior branches do get some light in the middle of the plant? I mean my plants are super bushy and I just don't know what to do about it. I just went to 12-12 2 days ago! Any advice from anyone??? Thanks....Peter

Hi nivek....looking good eh. When did you trim your plants like that ? I have a blueberry cross and it's bushy as hell, could I trim all the interior branches do get some light in the middle of the plant? I mean my plants are super bushy and I just don't know what to do about it. I just went to 12-12 2 days ago! Any advice from anyone??? Thanks....Peter

Heya gryz,, cheers to ya,, thanks for stopping by my journal,,,,,:Namaste:

I start trimming my plants from the get go,, defoliation is big in my books. I defol heavy when put to flower for just the reason you mentioned,, light,, but i also defol so i can see any pest problems that might arise. I have plants in flower that have no lower leaves at all, you might have seen the pics. other folks don't. maybe agree with so muh defol, but,,works for me,, so far anyway,, cheers gryzz,, chat soon

friends,, neighbours, countrymen/women, lend me yer ear,, thanks for the kudos and well wishes,, i am forever in gratitude indeed,, cheers to y'all,,,:thanks:

now that i have you,, lend me yer other ear as well please,, and yer eyes,, ever seen this before???

P1160068.JPG

i have this showing up on two lemon haze plants,, younguns,, i always blame everything wrong on the bug juice i sprayed on all the plants,, it has affects that give effects to the plants,, in differing ways sometimes maybe,,, so,, i can see this being that,, or the other thing too

which is a new stage of bug,, the next effect to be affecting my plants... maybe it's growing past this,, maybe not,, i got my eyes on er though,, and all yer ears as well,, cheers

so the harvest that hath taken plathe,, though not yet complete,, still nine buds on the one twin maturing away in the upper level flower room,, but the harvested buds,, both the washed and unwashed,, for comparison purposes only,, have been axed and hung for six days,, not even looked at,,, much,, but certainly not touched,, honest,, dried down to near close enough to the talked about and researched number of 80% to make a believer out of me

P1160063.JPG

this 28.4 grams started out at 112 grams,, close enough to 80%

P1160065.JPG

this 33.8 grams started out as 140 or so grams,, close enough for me

now some might say,, 'wait nivek,, that's maybe closer to 75% or so,, ha,, you suck at math',,, ya,, it might be.,, but the buds were a touch moist still,, so i agve some leeway,, :thumb:

lotto leaf,, lotto stalk, notto lotto amber, notto lotto punch,, is what e be...:love:

still nine buds of this hermied punk probably seeding away,, nearing twelve dern weeks at flower,, no,, not from switch,, from flower,, aargh,, and still narey an amber to be found,, oh, one or two,, no mas

P1160064.JPG

but in the mail,, two days before herbies recommended 'waiting before calling us if your seeds don't arrive' time,, the seeds arrived,, and i want to get these plants in the ground the sooner the better,, outside,, after some veging,, maybe first of may,, well, not first of may now,,,:rolleyes3,, seeds were late,, so, as soon as possible

my first venture into autos,,,, so,, wasting no time,, 24 hrs soak and this

P1160069.JPG

oh,, nothing but empty cups,,, hmmmm,,

i have a lot of perlite in this mix,, more than i have tried to sprout a seed before,, so,, i hope it's ok. i will keep it moist,, i want to start using more perlite hoping it helps with my critter issues,, which,, so far,, :wood:,, has been relatively minor,, unless of course the leafs at the top of the post hold alien critters about to ravage my labooratoory,, oh my,,,:bitingnails:

i am still working on my climate control situation,, alienpus has been graciously giving of his time,, a work in progress,, seems i should be able to do better ,, i tweek and nudge,, i'll get er,, maybe an additional air intake,, hmmmmm,, alienpus,,,,,,,,,,,:scratchinghead:

cheers folks,, 30 celcius here today,, converted to farenheit = hottish,,,,,,, briefly,, in my back yard,, it hits us hard, and fast here,, the hot weather,, not yet,, but signs of it,, bring it on,,

Back
Top Bottom