Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

cheers folks,, glad y'all peeked into me labooratoory,,, every one/thing is progressing nicely,, i still have bugs,, i see em slither every once in a while,, in the soil,, but i attack,, viciously,, shocks me a bit

weas,, i am not into full production yet,, and had to throw some hermies away a bit ago,, so i am yet to be into the full swing,, but,, once i do,, i am quite sure i will be in an excess situation,, just a touch over the edge,, or,, maybe a bit more than a touch,,, still new for me,, very,, still working it out,, i have some real plants five weeks into flower and expect,, when they are ready,, the full cycle will be in full swing,, baring all the setbacks that 'will' occur,, like bugs, hermies, i might run out of urine,, who knows???

thanks sue,, i still have those big elephant ears on the afghandi plant,, they amaze me,, by way far the biggest leaves i have grown indoors. if one looks at my profile pic,, i am holding an even bigger leaf,, but that an outside one,, cheers sue,, your plant is beautiful,, i am watching,, :Namaste:

alien,, brother,, dutty,, cheers friends,, and thanks for stopping by,, appreciated,, everything i do,, i do it for you,,all,,,,:theband:

mysteryseeds,, cheers pal,, glad you enjoyed checking my journal out a bit,, kind of you my friend,, thank you,, and very pleased indeed you subbed along,,,,cheers :Namaste:

ok,, so i am in the auto game,, or 'otto' game,, as the case may be,,, my first otto seed has broken ground,, i mean perlite,, broken perlite,,mostly perlite anyway,,, otto1 has awoken,,, yay

P1160095.JPG

this northern lights puppy is going to do it's business outside,, quietly,, over in the corner,, no smell, no worry, no bother, in a couple of weeks. that is my vision,,, i will make it happen. i have to keep this'n small and unobtrusive,, so some training will be applied,, like it or not,, no breaking/supercropping, i don't think,, no topping,, i don't know that for sure, might top,, verdict out on that one,, for now. lotto otto time still, so, no worries.

i planted otto2 for the sis in law,, for her outside garden. she did not know of autos,, so she be happy to learn and receive this. this the same sis in law who gifted me the plant last spring that got me in this hobby,, so,, i am happy to return the favour,, i also gave her a bit of my latest harvest as well,, some washed and some unwashed as well,, so she could compare and report back. she had also never heard of bud washing,, a learning day for her,, :cheer:

but otto2 is late,, there,, but late,, i have dig er up a couple times now,, to make sure all is good,, now i probably made all is bad,,,:trance:

cheers folks,, glad y'all peeked into me labooratoory,,, every one/thing is progressing nicely,, i still have bugs,, i see em slither every once in a while,, in the soil,, but i attack,, viciously,, shocks me a bit

weas,, i am not into full production yet,, and had to throw some hermies away a bit ago,, so i am yet to be into the full swing,, but,, once i do,, i am quite sure i will be in an excess situation,, just a touch over the edge,, or,, maybe a bit more than a touch,,, still new for me,, very,, still working it out,, i have some real plants five weeks into flower and expect,, when they are ready,, the full cycle will be in full swing,, baring all the setbacks that 'will' occur,, like bugs, hermies, i might run out of urine,, who knows???

No mercy for those mites, please. Kill one for me! I'm tempted to suggest that you do cruel and unusual things to them like burning them on miniature stakes or letting them be torn apart by wild...hmmmm....gnats maybe? But harnessing up eight wild gnats, one to each leg and getting them to pull on command would probably be very tricky. Probably too much trouble I guess. And no doubt illegal too. Maybe something more humane like water boarding, to persuade them to reveal where their leader is hiding.
They say that if you don't eat you don't shit and if you don't shit you die. I have no idea what happens if you don't pee but probably something bad, so hopefully that doesn't happen, for the sake of you and your plants.
I've wondered - how do you adjust the feeding schedule during flowering for less N, and more P (oops no pun intended) and K? If you do change the feeding schedule. They do always look very green throughout.
Looking lovely as always Nivek, and I have no doubt you'll be going 'over the edge' soon, in a good way of course.

Ahhh Weaselcracker. You do know how to build the visual. :laughtwo::green_heart:

heya weas,, sue,, yes sue,, he do paint quite a picture indeed,, and yes, weas,, i have slightly adjusted the feed schedule during flowering,, only slightly tho,, i use slightly less urine,, but,, just slightly less,, maybe half to 3/4 as much,, but i still use it, urine i mean,, liberally.

the last pic of the elephant ear afghandi plant before the ears come off,, and that darn dutty,, sleeping on the job,, must have been couch lock stuff i guess,,

IMG_20150429_160758.jpg

a phone pic,,,

last of the big leafers,, for me anyhow,, cheers folks,, have a great thursday,, :Namaste:

you can fly away with those things :smokin:

I understand where you're coming from but I'll miss those beautiful leaves. You know my love affair with luscious leaves and these are extraordinary. Watch her shoot out more. :laughtwo::green_heart:

So you use the same nutrient throughout, which you mentioned I think in the beginning of the journal somewhere, and then cut back on it a bit during flowering, it sounds like. Cool. I'll try to restrain myself from blathering insane shit on your journal so much. I actually completely forgot I wrote that bit about the wild gnats. Just seemed like a 'good idea' at the time. Still does actually... I sure have no love for those mites. So glad they're long gone...

I understand where you're coming from but I'll miss those beautiful leaves. You know my love affair with luscious leaves and these are extraordinary. Watch her shoot out more. :laughtwo::green_heart:

i must say,, i was slightly disappointed today when i pulled back the curtain (figuratively ,,, i actually have a board,, cardboard board,, real heavy eighth inch paper anyway,, that i close my veg plants in with) to my veg plants,, the afghandi2 plant looked oh so ordinary,, boring even,, poor thing,, thing being me,, i miss em,,, so much that i chopped it back real good now,,,

i really can't seem to cut enough leaves off my plants,, i have a huge amount of excess leaf material,, and the plants, as you say sue,, bounce back with force, anger almost,, tho they have never said a thing about it,, hmmmm,

weas,, blather away pal,, all food for thot, junk food maybe but food none the less,, cheers pal

Weaselcracker, in case you haven't figured it out, you have some of the best rambling on the site. Please don't stop. :love:

weas,, he called you insane,,,,,

reminds me of a story,,

i worked up in the north, at a camp, my first real job, seventeen and away from home too,, i was a smoker then too of course,, all those years ago,, so the group i hung with a bit,, least to score from,, were a bit sketchy,, to say the least,, tho i did buy my first guitar from one of em,, but the other one,, strung out i think for sure,, anyway,, me and the sketchy one,, who i got along with great,, were joking around,, and i looked at him and in the conversation we were having . all laughing and joking around,, fun stuff,,,then i simply said,, 'you're crazy',, 'hahaha' ,, that's funny,,,haha

well,, you never saw such a change of expression in yer life,,, absolute horror in his eyes,,i was actually a bit frightened,,,, 'do you think i am crazy?' he asked back,, i think maybe not the first time it had been suggested to him,, joking or not. anyhow,, i was so young,, and he was not,,

just a memory,, thanks emeral,,,

oh,, btw,, i still have the guitar case,, not the guitar tho,, the case is one of the top five oldest things i still have from before me missus,, not many of them things left,, a ring,, a book,, a book from grade one for perfect attendance, gotta think now,, cheers

Ha ha. That makes me laugh Nivek. Sounds like exactly the type of situation I get myself in, camp included.

You guys are very sweet. "Please don't stop" lol...
Don't worry, I'm sure I probably can't...
I hope you replaced the guitar!

i did indeed replace the guitar,, a couple of times since,, now i have a few,, my fav is a blueridge,, she be me babeee,, bought er in texas,, fredricksberg,, near luckenback texas, with willie and the boys,,,

this one of my others,, carved on a recent , last year, trip to,, guess where???

P1130753.JPG

but when i go out with my blueridge,, she travels in the case i bought in 1975,, still soft as a babies behind in there,, wow,, that's forty years ago,, geez,,,:trance:

now that guitar pic is in off topic. can i even post it here?? sherrif commin,, lock the doors,,

oh,, that crude drawing upper right,,,, mods,, that's a pot plant,, i know it does not look like one but it was the first carving on the guitar and it's upside down,, iffin y'all turn yer monitors upside down,, you can see it very clearly,, cheers

Know what's really cool nivek? I bought my first guitar in 1975! Bought it in St. Louis on my way to university in West Texas, so it was shipped to me in Abilene, right around the corner from Willie and the boys. :laughtwo::green_heart:

a bit of an update,, throughout the day,, a relax day,, putter in the garden,, the outdoor one,, me and the missus,, nice

first otto,, he,, oops,, i guess it's a she,, 'it' is doing fine,, a bit lopsided with the first set of leaves but the next look better,, not quite ready for harvest but only a few weeks away,,yaay,,:cheer:

P1160112.JPG

i love how otto is carrying it's shell with it,, ready to hit the trail,, be prepared indeed,, well done otto,, i guess one day the shell will fall off,, that will be a sad day indeed,,, sad

happy,,, remember the elephant plant??? the freak of all natural??? well it is in flower now,, has been for a week or two,, but it lives on now in the veg room again,, cloned this morning,, the clone dome in action again,,

P1160107.JPG

world war I and world war II

cool sue,, my first was a fender f35,, paid 100$. bought at camp in stewart b.c.,, interesting note,, anyone familiar with alaska,, this in the news lately too,,

stewart is right next door to the very bottom of the alaska panhandle,, we had to go from stewart,, through 'hyder' alaska,, and of course we had to be hyderized as well,, not many will know what that means,, on our way to the camp,, back into british columbia. they are trying to regulate and kinda close the border now, there,, it was always wide open,, a gate and stuff but pass right through

abilene was our first stop in texas,, red dirt and flat,, with a water tower,, lotto water towers in texas, our first encounter with an oriole i think.

that guitar was awful,, i never learned to play on it. hurt too much. i dragged it around for near 30 years,, never learned to play it,, then, i decided to learn,, so i bought the carved one and learned to play on that one,, so much easier on the fingies. bought it about 12 years ago now i guess. i so wish i had persisted earlier,, i would be so much a better player now,, oh well

cheer sue,, best to you and dale this weekend,, :love:,,:Namaste:

we absolutely loved texas,, i know a lotto folks don't,, buyt for musicians,, texas is the absolute ultimate,, and luckenback??? well,, we stayed there for six months we liked it so much,, at the armadillo farm campground,, a hundred yards from the stage at luckenback,, shiner beer, a guitar,, the cypress and live oak trees,, the missus of course,fabulous friends we now know, the best memories of our life maybe,, nobody in this world i have seen,, not much of it maybe,, but just no one like a true texan,, no one

Back
Top Bottom