Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

Know what's really cool nivek? I bought my first guitar in 1975! Bought it in St. Louis on my way to university in West Texas, so it was shipped to me in Abilene, right around the corner from Willie and the boys. :laughtwo::green_heart:

' right around the corner from Willie and the boys',, yes,, right around the corner all right,, but that is one honkin long corner,, texas is honkin too,, texas rocks in the west and texas rolls in the hill country

What an adventure nivek. I totally agree about the Texans. Hearts as big as the state. I lived there five years and some of my best memories are from that time in my life. This time of year the bluebonnets are in bloom. (Sigh) Someday I'll get back there.

All this talk most certainly warms my heart, as I just may or may not know someone who has lived in Texas for about 95% of her life...and that person may or may not be me, haha. It definitely has its share of novelty, and I've grown to love it. I suppose this is pointless, but my ears perked up at the sight of all this Texas talk.

If only they'd lighten up on the pot laws 'round here...sigh. One day...

Your ladies are looking dazzling, niv...and I can't get enough of your stories, I myself have never been out of the country, so I appreciate the chance to live vicariously through you, haha :)

Sooner or later EmeraldLungs, even Texas won't be able to say no to the money cannabis can generate. I live in provincial Pennsylvania. Texas may turn before we do. Hope springs eternal....

fascinating pictures, took me back.

back to when i once smuggled half a pound of A grade herb through ship security when i was going away for a monthly vacation at some Greek island.

i wouldnt have to smuggle it if it was legal so that makes it ok in my mind :smokin:

seriously tho, living in a country thats not legal medically, noooo... you can adjust to it but if even then its just trouble.

i just dropped by to say hi, your ladies are looking exceptional, your guitar even better. i like the work you've done on it, and i can already see into what kind of songs you play her for.

im more of an axman myself, distortion gets me going, but i have acoustics and classic guitars too, i too enjoy from times to times that kind of session.

nice low action there, i hate it too when the fretboard isnt properly adjusted with the strings.

heya friends,, cheers from the sunny busy okanagan valley of british columbia, canada. such a busy time for everything,, inside and out

heya sue,, bro,, emerald, paka,, folks everywhere.

i will have a better update tonight i hope,, just a heya,, and a mention to paka that the white widow elephant plant is now in the flower room,, it's all in the journal there womewhere,, back a bit,, i will post some new pics tonight. the elephant has pistols and everything already,, and it also has two kids,, clones taken just a couple of days ago,, doing fine as well,, the pics of the clones are up too,, oh,, and they say heya too.

rocky and bull in flower now too,, matter of fact,, all the small pots are in flower now,,, yay,, more later,, have a safe day folks,, please

Yes finally! Enough of this damn rain. Geez....my only sunlight lately has been my grow light, and looking through my computer screen at other peoples outdoor grows -Bapples' in particular

That candle kicks ass. We are about to have some amazing weather neighbor

heya,, thanks dutty,, you keep sayin the good weather is commin,, and i keep believin ya,, and i do again,, ya,, gonna be great,, not real hot,, but sun, sun, sun,, for a few days anyway,, so dern cold/windy lately,, bring it on,, cheers dutty

Yes finally! Enough of this damn rain. Geez....my only sunlight lately has been my grow light, and looking through my computer screen at other peoples outdoor grows -Bapples' in particular

it's true what you say about the sun in the grow room,, nice and warm,, sunny as heck,, just add a little music,, a cervesa or twelve and might the heck as well be in the tropics,, oh, and maybe a puff or two too:thumb: spring is spring all right,, and spring is not summer,, though usually gives us a taste,, but,, ,,hello,, waiting ,,,, :scratchinghead:

gonna check out bapple iffin i can,, cheers weas,, sending the sun your way, if i find it,,

paka, pidge,, i guess maybe i did not post a photo of the transfer of the elephant plant to the flower room,, things change fast around this labooratoory lately., i had so many plants,, big and small, indica and sativa, green and greener, red namesticks and blue namesticks, auto and photo, that i simply had to do something. i felt very pressured,, and maybe i snapped,, not sure,, off the deep end, am sure. :Namaste:

the first harvest of the unknown gifted hermie plant left a huge hole in my flower room, upper level,, so i had to fill the hole,, with the elephant plant,,,, it is still nuts too,, i have pulled so many leaves off that thing,, it must feel plucked, and is now a chicken,, least of me,, poor thing. and sadly i do not even have a recent picture of the beast,, i have one,, but it is not recent,, but it is a picture of wherest it now resides

P11600791.JPG

there it is,, exciting indeed,, that is a week and a couple days old,, the plant is now a week and a couple days older. i will take new pics tonight if i can, or in the mornin, if i can't, if i can

i have two ottos now,, otto1 and otto2,, otto2 has just arrived above ground, the northern lights auto

P1160118.JPG

and what a stub it is too,, i have never seen anything like this,, in all my years and fourteen previous plants,, i can't think of any word to describe this except stub. i might need to trim my pot lid lower for the little stub,, it won't be able to see over the top

ant otto2 has a sister, otto1,, northern lights as well,,

P1160119.JPG

one of these for me for outside,, soon, and one for a gift,,,,,, this one i think will be slow,, it carries it's shell like a snail,,, btw,, snails are a gardeners enemy,, and go crunch

so i put all my small pot plants,, no,, my plants with small pots, better,, to flower,, because,, i got rid of the last of the gifted hermie plant,, it was in flower a full two weeks longer than the rest of itself and its twin,, and it , the bitch,, scuse me language,, hermied again,, thirteen fri,,,,,, weeks into flower,, i don't think any damage was done,, but,, goodbye forever ya hermie bit ,,,

ok, sorry

suffice to say,, i still battle bugs,, but have to strain me brain to even find one,, but i do,, the bug juice flood seems to keep them in check,, and does not seem to hurt the plants

i have two plants left in the veg room now,, other 'things' but only two real plants,, clones, sprouts, oh ya,, i have those,, but only two real plants,, and only one real pic of them, it

P1160120.JPG

these/this plant has three/four/five/six more weeks in the veg room,, oh boy,, what's a guy to do???

this is the calm one of the two,, the afghandi,, huh, go figure,, this is the one that had the elephant ears,, honkin huge leaves,, and this afghandi and the other plant i have in the veg room, a lemon haze,, are both super clones,, cloned from a plant already two weeks into flower,, and i was told they throw shoots out everywhere,, and boy/girl do they ever,, especially the lemon haze, not pictured,, absolute insanity,, they will easily be the biggest plants i have had, or at least the longest in the veg room,, looks like,,

more pics and updates to follow,, keep busy folks, one has to,, seriously,, turn off the tv. better yet,, throw it out the window,, cheers

It really keeps you hopping sometimes growing perpetually hey? Especially with a bunch of different strains and phenotypes,every stage of flowering, vegging, revegging, clones, seedlings... Those girls really let you know who is boss. I've had a few problems keeping up lately. They just keep growing, Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
Like...I'm actually happy when one gives me an excuse to get rid of it. Gives me more room, for about five minutes. It's my own fault for having too many girls, but how else am I supposed to find that special one? If they could talk I'd have to wear earmuffs in there for their constant screeching and clamoring.
"I'm hungry!
I'm thirsty!
Feed me! Feed me!
My pot is too tight!
I'm actually a boy trapped in a girl's body! I'm having a sex change!
I'm too wet!
I'm too dry!
I'm hot!
I'm cold!
I don't feel well!
I've got parasites down there!
Blah blah blah blah blah"
We could just have some quiet time together.
If only I could keep them all happy....

weas,, indeed,, i think i have a plant requiring each of the attentions you mentioned there,, it is a constant cycle,, and far from routine for me yet,, a constant learn. it is a labooratoory after all:riskybusiness::eyebrowsmile:

my flower room is fulled to overflowing right now,, and no relief in sight for at least close to a month,, ya baby,, i love it,,, so many different things going on in there,,, like,,

the white widow elephant plant,, in flower for near three weeks now,, still throwing stuff out everywhere,, though has slowed it's growth some,, a brute,, plain and simple

P1160128.JPG

the widow shares it's primo shelf space with four other plants now,, all the small pot plants,, oh sheesh,, no again,, the plants in small pots i mean,, all of them share the upper level with the white widow,, and i am not trying to get the whole upper level in one shot picture anymore,, too contorty for me,, so in two shots,, the whole upper level now,,

P1160130.JPG
P1160129.JPG

it looks kinda tame from the top,, nuts from the bottom,,

P1160131.JPG

there is a disaster waiting to happen,, right there,, best get that cleaned up in there,, thinned out a bit,, no, a lot,, too many places to hide a bug in there

possible interesting note here,, this is how i do it,,,, how i have all these different plants and pot sizes and plant heights etc,, how do i keep this mess all at the same level for my screen,, which does not move??? well, as can be seen,, the top level of the plants are/is level, because i raise and lower the pots to the screen,, not the other way round,,, as the plant stretches during first flowering,, i lower the pot and spread the branches out accordingly,, then the buds grow up and i might need to raise the lights,, but not the screen, just pointing out the obvious is all

the lower level is where the longest flowering has been going on now,, my favorite level now,, i switched allegiances,, i can ,, i am a cyentist in a labooratoory

the full monty first then i close in a bit and then a bit more,, then, i'm not sure

P1160121.JPG

let me introduce super dave,, the super lemon haze,, front right,, dela,, the delahaze kickin ass back there and afghandi the afghani front left.

super dave is seven weeks flowering now and so smells like lemon it's unreal. surprise surprise. the buds are still kinda smallish,, tho have some substance as well,, still time to fatten up for market,, i might up the nutes a bit on it,, love this plant i do,,

P1160122.JPG

right up front and center too,, very photogenic too, two times i used too, three now

P1160126.JPG

lots of sprinkles,, just the way i like my cupcakes,,,,, the book says 9 to 10 weeks for flowering on this,, i just don't see it,, 10 to 12 i am thinking,, time will let me know the facts ma'am

dela,, this plant impresses me the most so far,, i have only seen pics of dusting like this before. dela is 5 weeks or a bit more into flower now,, buds are bigger than super dave,, some of em anyway,, ok, one of em,, bigger and wow,, the trichome coverage is amazing me,, and so much more to go still wow, again,, wow,,

P1160123.JPG

ya, i hear ya,, not much to look at,, yep,, till one get's a bit closer,, and maybe clearer

P1160127.JPG

i have to zoom in to get that shot,, thus not so sharp,, that plant is the stickiest plant i have flowered yet,, why??? i dunno, just is,, much stickier than the super dave, which is pretty sticky

then afghandi the afghani,, the thickest thing i have seen yet,, a bush,, the heads are massively thick, dark green density,,

P1160124.JPG

now theres a plant that needs some thinnin iffin i ever seen one

so that's the flower room,, nearly got my climate control dialed in a bit too,, warmer weather coming,, testing time,,

cheers y'all,, grow home

well, weas,, heya and thanks pal,, i got more too,, the veg room,, least the wee ones in there,, i have a few wee ones too,, all coming along nicely indeed thank you oh so much,, mostly anyhow,,

the lowest of the low,, still is the stub,, norther lights auto,, this one for a gift,,

P1160140.JPG

only about sixty days from harvest now,, might be time to flush it??? haha

and if there is an otto 2,, there must be an otto 1,, and indeedy doo there is,,

P1160141.JPG

otto 2 is splitting it's skin as we type,, becoming a real plant now,, a sprout no longer thanks,,, this'n only about fifty five days from harvest,, i am going to top this one soon,, as soon as i can see a clear spot on top to top safely without harming other delicate growth at the very top.

still with shell in tow,, in case of the need for a quick escape i guess,, from what i am not sure,,, my abuse probably...:bigblush::confused:

my white widow elephant plant clones are one week into clonedom now,, and doing just fine,, not rooted yet i doubt,, these are super clones,, from a plant well into flower,, so supposedly take a while to root,, two weeks or more maybe,, just gotta keep em alive till then,, and the urine spray does just that, heres hopin:Namaste:

P1160136.JPG

the one of em is maybe showing signs of black spot?? not sure,, i am watching this close,, but it has not changed,, so maybe just superficial damage from cloning,, oh boy,, black spot,, how cool is that???

now i gotta protect my roses from my pot plants,, instead of the other way around,, sheesh,, :surrender::rolleyes3

P1160137.JPG

literally world war two in there

i have two more big pot plants le,,,, oh boy,, here we go again,,,, i have two more plants in big pots left in the veg room,, those two have an appointment at the photo studio this afternoon,, so pics to follow later

but just fyi,, they are an afghani and a super lemon haze,, and awesome too,, great plants,, just swell, indeed,, chat then,, cheers

as promised,, or stated, yes, as stated earlier,, some recent pics of the two plants in big pots,,, whew:phew:,, got it right,, ya,, as stated earlier, some fresh pics from the studio of the growed ups in the veg room,,

one afghani,, afghandi2 i guess

P1160143.JPG

and a look into the innerds of the indica in veg

P1160144.JPG

this superclone much less super than it's neighbour,, the super lemon haze,,

P1160146.JPG

the inside of this puppy is insanity,, branches everywhere,, crossing over and under and pointing straight up and dead flat and every which way and from every which where,, just going to be amazing to see this thing flower,, though a month away maybe

P1160145.JPG

and that is every plant in my labooratoory updated and accounted for. fourteen plants in all at every single stage of development,, i guess that spells perpetual,, eventually,, when the cycle gets rolling for real,, should be with the harvest of the lemon haze in flower now,, in three, if i am fortunate,, or four weeks,, if things are normal,, cheers y'all,,,,

grow home,,,,,:Namaste:

Man, how I love the massive leaves on that Afghani nivek. Here we are, all of us going perpetual. I'm enjoying watching it all fall into place in all these different grows.

Back
Top Bottom