Old guy-T break

I am 60 yrs old. Used in my 20's and started again about 3 yrs ago but only about 2 times per week and not crazy amounts. Lately I really can't get very high any more. I've taken two breaks of 4 and 6 weeks but each time only a mild increase in effect. I'm now considering taking a 10 week break. Will this work? Is it a function of my age? Most say even a chronic user, I'm not, will only take about 2-4 weeks. So what's the deal?

Greetings :thumb: I guess you are building up a tolerance to the effects. I take it you are not growing your own buds then right?
Are you consuming the same strain every time? Some of the "commercial" I have seen lately has been improperly dried/cured IMHO.

Are you wanting to learn how to grow medicine? If so then you are among like minded individuals who will try assist you in growing the best medicine you can

I am 60 yrs old. Used in my 20's and started again about 3 yrs ago but only about 2 times per week and not crazy amounts. Lately I really can't get very high any more. I've taken two breaks of 4 and 6 weeks but each time only a mild increase in effect. I'm now considering taking a 10 week break. Will this work? Is it a function of my age? Most say even a chronic user, I'm not, will only take about 2-4 weeks. So what's the deal?
Are you on any other medication ? Do you drink alcohol and smoke ? ( counter intuitive) Is it a high CBD strain ?
Are you trying to get a different affect from the same strain? A 3 day tolerance break should be efficient ...even a 48 hour break for a heavy user like me will still set me straight ...i would actually start with your doctor and some blood work , your metabolism might not be working right ..exercise and water will help during your tolerance breaks to be sure
for a complete eradication of thc in your system it is suggested that it can take up to 3 months ( stored in fat cells) for daily chronic users .

Welcome Walrus! I'll bet if you hang around here long enough you'll be getting high again. :Rasta:

I'm older than you, young buck. Believe what I'm saying. :laughtwo:

Are you on any other medication ? Do you drink alcohol and smoke ? ( counter intuitive) Is it a high CBD strain ?
Are you trying to get a different affect from the same strain? A 3 day tolerance break should be efficient ...even a 48 hour break for a heavy user like me will still set me straight ...i would actually start with your doctor and some blood work , your metabolism might not be working right ..exercise and water will help during your tolerance breaks to be sure
for a complete eradication of thc in your system it is suggested that it can take up to 3 months ( stored in fat cells) for daily chronic users .
Thanks! I don't smoke. Drink moderately. I excercise 3 times weekly. No medications and quite healthy with annual check ups and blood test all very good. I mostly vape and have tried different cartridge and some etible but most sativa type but I will try to mix it up. I'm 3 weeks into 10 week t-break.

Thanks! I don't smoke. Drink moderately. I excercise 3 times weekly. No medications and quite healthy with annual check ups and blood test all very good. I mostly vape and have tried different cartridge and some etible but most sativa type but I will try to mix it up. I'm 3 weeks into 10 week t-break.
The alcohol will counter act the thc ..it’s like cbd and thc . drunk people will claim that a joint ‘ sobered them up ‘

try water and weed , no alcohol

vape affect is also largely dependent on terpenes and temp! I personally can’t get high from anything vaped except when it’s like 205 f and higher which is pretty much combustion . Perhaps you can try a different method of delivery ?

what have you been vaping ? Strain ,.? On which device ?

Hi and welcome!
I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just natural tolerance building up.
That and the strain type, and.... Your mood. It's not always the same, as well as the high you are achieving.

Every time you'll take a long enough break, the first smoke or vape you'll have will of course be stronger and will get you high. And then your tolerance will start build up again which suckz....

Vaping is a different kind of feeling for me not the same as burning it.
Me too. Can't explain why but vape feels like too sterile... If that is even a thing lol. Bongs are the way to go:roorrip:

Welcome! (What I’d give to see 60 again...)

You are vaping cartridges? some pre made stuff? I've tried that too and although tasting good, it wouldn't get me high.
But vaping real bud or hash out of a device gets me very high, it's a bit different than smoking bud, I guess it's a bit more high than stoned.
Best thing is the taste is amazing and it lingers for a very long time, smoking you have that ash flavour after finishing, with vaping you just keep tasting the bud.
I use a Pax 3 with a honey comb bong or a Mini-Vap

I have used those vape carts (ripoff) from the dispensary paid for a half gram and only get a quarter gram so F that. I paid some unholy price for an Lazarus type vape with a whip, you cant trust them. I use the digital readout to set 359F and my temp gun is barely hitting 265. I had to bump it up to almost 480F on the digital readout before I started really feeling that and getting any vapor whatsoever. Myself that high is the only time I don't drive right away. If you have the money the brand named after big mountains spewing molten magma is a great buy.

I used about 8 different brands of Vape cartridges over about a 6 month period and I was not really impressed at all with the majority of them except one from a California company the strain was Pineapple Express I don’t know why but one or two hits and you were wrecked full on Cheech and Chong type high I loved it. I don’t vape anymore I like the taste of my own freshly grown.

Get better weed!

Back
Top Bottom