Olddog Newtrick's Seedsman, Banana Jealousy, SIP/Quadline Comparative Grow

5th node is up enough to get my surgical scissors under but, I think I’ll wait until tomorrow to take the tops off. Then I can remove nodes 1 and 2 this weekend for the quad line. That is if I can resist the urge to top em tonight lol. I’m a little nervous and a little excited since it will be the first time I’ve done it.

IMG_3205.jpeg

IMG_3208.jpeg

IMG_3209.jpeg

5th node is up enough to get my surgical scissors under but, I think I’ll wait until tomorrow to take the tops off. Then I can remove nodes 1 and 2 this weekend for the quad line. That is if I can resist the urge to top em tonight lol. I’m a little nervous and a little excited since it will be the first time I’ve done it.

IMG_3205.jpeg

IMG_3208.jpeg

IMG_3209.jpeg
You've heard of FIM, right? I've done it before, "F*ck I Missed!" :laughtwo:
You will do just fine, just don't have your coffee first if you do morning detail.

You've heard of FIM, right? I've done it before, "F*ck I Missed!" :laughtwo:
You will do just fine, just don't have your coffee first if you do morning detail.
That’s why I want to wait till tomorrow after work, it will give me a bigger target.. lol

I was excited to come home and top these but, I was greeted with the upper leaves canoeing a bit and the discoloration on the lower leaves a little worse. The pots were pretty dry so maybe that’s why the canoeing. Against my better judgment, I topped em anyway and gave them their first feeding and a little cal mag.
I’m taking the first two nodes this weekend whether they like it or not. Hopefully they will straighten up and fly right. If not I’ll pop a couple more seeds lol.
I also double checked the DLI and adjusted my timer. *fingers crossed*

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3224.jpeg

IMG_3225.jpeg

IMG_3226.jpeg

They looked a little better this morning, the leaves weren’t so canoed and the deficiencies can be dealt with. We’ll see how they look when I get home. I’d really like to get them quadlined this weekend and in the sip by next weekend. Then they can recover and get their veg on.

They looked a little better this morning, the leaves weren’t so canoed and the deficiencies can be dealt with. We’ll see how they look when I get home. I’d really like to get them quadlined this weekend and in the sip by next weekend. Then they can recover and get their veg on.
How close is your light to your plants? You may have posted that, but I forget. Make sure there isn't too much heat close to them. Just a thought.....otherwise...toss it in the circular file. :laugh:

How close is your light to your plants? You may have posted that, but I forget. Make sure there isn't too much heat close to them. Just a thought.....otherwise...toss it in the circular file. :laugh:
I remember they are set at 300 par and I set the DLI but, don’t remember what I set it to. I’ll recheck everything tonight and do an actual update.

Day 24
I think I’ve been giving them a bit too much water. Now sure what else would cause the leaves to be a bit wonky like they are (thoughts and opinions appreciated)
Despite my best efforts, they are growing.
I need to remove the lower two nodes to start the Quadlining. Not sure if they are healthy enough to take the abuse right now. Again, opinions welcome. I’m gonna head to the quadline thread and get some opinions there.

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3265.jpeg

Pots were dry according to the scale.
I gave em 10 ounces with a dose of cal mag. instead of the 12.5 I had been giving them. No feed this time. I need to figure out why these leaves twisted like they did so I don’t do it again.
I went ahead and removed the two lower sets of branches so, they are officially quadlined.
Hopefully the water makes em a little more bendy. I plan on starting training tomorrow.
Wish em luck… lol

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

Pots were dry according to the scale.
I gave em 10 ounces with a dose of cal mag. instead of the 12.5 I had been giving them. No feed this time. I need to figure out why these leaves twisted like they did so I don’t do it again.
I went ahead and removed the two lower sets of branches so, they are officially quadlined.
Hopefully the water makes em a little more bendy. I plan on starting training tomorrow.
Wish em luck… lol

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg
I think they look better today. They aren't as droopy as they were. :green_heart: These plants are very resilient, you got this!

I think they look better today. They aren't as droopy as they were. :green_heart: These plants are very resilient, you got this!
Resilient.. they gonna have to be bulletproof to survive me.. lol
Yeah they looked better. I think it was a simple misstep on my part. I don’t expect the leaves to straighten out but they need to stay green… lol

Resilient.. they gonna have to be bulletproof to survive me.. lol
Yeah they looked better. I think it was a simple misstep on my part. I don’t expect the leaves to straighten out but they need to stay green… lol
New leaves will replace them soon. I got so tired of seeing that one leaf with the deficiency on one of mine that I finally lopped it off. LOL

New leaves will replace them soon. I got so tired of seeing that one leaf with the deficiency on one of mine that I finally lopped it off. LOL
I know exactly what ya mean, if the others looked any better, those discolored leaves would be gone. Once they hit their stride, I’ll trim em as I train.
I just have to keep from getting too aggressive with the training

I think they looked better this morning after removing the lower two nodes so, they got their training wheels on. I’d like to have done it a week sooner but, here we are.
Moved the light up a little and readjusted.
Set at 450 Par and right at 30 mol/m2 DLI as suggested by the Photone app.
Tied the tops tight with the fan leaf and tried to make everything even across both plants.
Bottoms left looser so they will hopefully grow upwards to catch up to the top branches.
Might top the upper branches at some point to help the lowers catch up.
Love to know what y’all think.

IMG_3273.jpeg

IMG_3272.jpeg

IMG_3271.jpeg

IMG_3270.jpeg

IMG_3269.jpeg

Good morning!
Yeah I have a little more than the weekend off.
Got laid off last week so, time off I have.. lol
Not necessarily a bad thing but, work probably won’t pick back up till late summer.
We had a frost warning overnight but the days are warming up. I have some work to do at the parents house today that I’ve been putting off due to weather.
Gonna head down to the garden and check in on the girls and see how they fared overnight.
I’m overdue on updates to my threads so I’ll drop a quick one on each of them I suppose.
I need to harvest Lisa but keep putting it off for some reason. Either because I want to see what happens if I let it go another day, or maybe I’m just unsure if she’s really ready.. could be laziness and the fact I still don’t know exactly how I’m gonna go about the dry and cure..
WOW, I had more to say than I thought! Lol
Hope your day goes well, and thank you for asking about mine, it made my morning.

Ps. I hate when I forget to quote the original message, do it all the time..

And a good morning it is!
I untied my lower nodes as @Azimuth suggested yesterday and gave em a little water. The lowers have already almost reached the top.. so now I can focus on keeping them even.
The leaves are still twisted from my overwatering fiasco but the new growth looks great and is growing quickly so, I’m happy!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those plants look over-watered to me. You showed your SIP build in the first post but haven't started using them yet? The buckets will solve that watering issue for you, so any reason you're waiting to take the plunge?

Those plants look over-watered to me. You showed your SIP build in the first post but haven't started using them yet? The buckets will solve that watering issue for you, so any reason you're waiting to take the plunge?
Yeah, when I transplanted from solos to 1 gallons I ham fisted the watering…totally my fault. I’m a noob still.
The sips are ready and waiting for the veg tent to open up. I bought the tent they are in just to get them started but totally missed the mark with timing the finishing of my other grow.. again I blame it on noobness. I went back to weighing them before watering and am just trying to keep them heading in the right direction buying time for the sip transplant.
I’m bottom watering hoping that it makes the transition to sip smoother when it happens.
That’s actually what led to the overwatering fiasco. I watered to runoff when I up potted, then noticed a calmag deficiency so I rushed the next water to get nutes in them and I miscalculated the amount I was giving them as I wasn’t familiar with bottom watering.
They say you learn from mistakes so, I should be a genius by the time these 3 grows finish… lol

Back
Top Bottom