PakaloloHawaii's LED High Brix Perpetual!

Syntax, recently topped extremas, three happy blue hammer seedlings, and one BH weirdo. Might get culled this week if it doesn't start growing some leaves!

image5492.jpg

image5485.jpg

image5484.jpg

image5483.jpg

image5482.jpg

image5487.jpg

image5486.jpg

image5490.jpg

image5488.jpg

image5489.jpg

image5491.jpg

Ok so the big syntax will be getting the cat drench next. This plant is going by the book per "in the lab".

Smaller syntax (which I think might end up bigger) will use this feeding schedule. It's what I posted in my first entry, but I tweaked it a bit I think it's better now.

Feeding schedule for baby syntax:
Transplant 1g-7g little or no veg FLIP to 12/12
Dry out good
Water (soak)
Dry pretty good but not all the way
Full strength energy (medium water 1.5gal)
**Now keeping medium moist**
1/4transplant (light water 1 gallon)
Cat drench (light/medium water)
Cat drench (soak)
1/4 transplant (light)*
Energy (soak)
1/4transplant (light)*
Cat drench (soak)
1/4 transplant (light)*
Finish on Energy
Harvest

*can double these depending on plant.

As long as things go well with this plan, I intend on using a very similar schedule for the extremas, except that I will veg them after transplant to 7gal pots until they are dry again, then water and flip to 12/12. Because this sets the plants back a week compared to the no veg schedule, I will likely do a double 1/4 transplant watering after 1st dose of energy and before first cat drench. I think that will work well.

I also plan on trying to determine a way to tailor the schedule for either indica or sativa. I would think: no veg after transplant, less energy/more transplant during stretch, and possibly cat drench a week earlier than usual. I definately want to err on the side of cautious with the c-drench and will usually use it towards end of week 4, but for sativa maybe week three? Then again, sativa don't make nice flower sets as quick as a faster blooming indica, so maybe earlier isn't better. Same timing (week 4), but in the plants eyes, earlier, with slightly less developed flowers.

The blue hammer is sativa dominant, so I'll see how they act and then continue my hypothesizing.

More syntax. Looks about ready for cationic drench. Just waiting on her to dry out a bit more. 2-3 days is my guess.
Also, got a tray for my tent! Fits perfect and makes my life much easier now that I can water plants without taking them out.

image5533.jpg

image5534.jpg

image5535.jpg

image5536.jpg

image5537.jpg

image5538.jpg

image5539.jpg

image5540.jpg

This is weird. Checked for nanners and couldn't find any. Not sure about this. Maybe got a bit over sprayed with brix the other day. It's only on this nug and a couple small others. Happened on my northern lights last run a couple times but no ill effects or seeds in the final product so kinda on the fence whether or not I care. Hah

image5541.jpg

You're at about 14 brix there.....excellent!

!! Haha you awesome doc I was thinking about getting a refractometer but if you just stop by every once in a while and give me a brix reading it doesn't seem like I'll need one! Hahahaha!

I almost don't care what the brix levels are if they look like this, but for data collection and kit tuning, it's on my next amazon order. I'd like to see how this 'by the book' syntax will compare to the experimental feeding schedule.

The young syntax looks amazing, a bit nicer than the first one and the leaves are bigger and faker looking. Pics tonight when the lights go on.

!! Haha you awesome doc I was thinking about getting a refractometer but if you just stop by every once in a while and give me a brix reading it doesn't seem like I'll need one! Hahahaha!

I almost don't care what the brix levels are if they look like this, but for data collection and kit tuning, it's on my next amazon order. I'd like to see how this 'by the book' syntax will compare to the experimental feeding schedule.

The young syntax looks amazing, a bit nicer than the first one and the leaves are bigger and faker looking. Pics tonight when the lights go on.

I've got one of my fakest looking plants yet, using 1/4 oz Transplant in EVERY SINGLE WATERING/FEEDING. Even if the drench is transplant, I still add the 1/4 ounce. Brix is pushing 16 and should go a bit higher!

I think your "custom" feed schedule is going to work very well.

I've got one of my fakest looking plants yet, using 1/4 oz Transplant in EVERY SINGLE WATERING/FEEDING. Even if the drench is transplant, I still add the 1/4 ounce. Brix is pushing 16 and should go a bit higher!

I think your "custom" feed schedule is going to work very well.

That's great news doc!

Adding 1/4 strength transplant to energy feedings?? Very interesting!

Ok more pictures. 2 extrema. Bigger one getting transplanted and flipped tonight, smaller one will wait to dry then transplant, and depending on how she looks I might let that one veg in the big pot till it dries out.

image5633.jpg
image5634.jpg
image5635.jpg
image5636.jpg
image5637.jpg

Here are the 3 remaining Blue Hammers..they got a good soak the other day.

image5638.jpg
image5639.jpg
image5640.jpg

This is the smaller syntax, been in the flower tent since 11/9. Looks pretty happy!

image5643.jpg

image5642.jpg
image5641.jpg

And lastly, the big syntax. She got her 1st cationic drench Friday night so I'll be keeping a close watch on her.

image5644.jpg
image5645.jpg
image5646.jpg
image5647.jpg
image5648.jpg
image5649.jpg

Man oh man oh man things are going great over here. Couldn't be more excited.

I've grown out this 'syntax' I'm running a few times now, and smells have generally been a slightly sickly sweet lemon pinesol. Really quite an interesting smell that ill remember for some time. No fuel, diesel, or chem notes. A little sour hazeyness in there..verging pepper but really only comes out in the smoke. Rather a sour pine lemon pepper clean public bathroom in the middle of a forest preserve kind of smell..ha!

But now, mmmmmm now....after the cat drench it's something else. There is still that original smell I know, but now there is this new, amazing electric blueberry gum smell I can't describe its both subtle and bold and definately there. Reminds me of some kind of crazy blue candy or something. shit I don't know. It's crazy. Can't wait for whatever other exquisite smells are in store for me!

I'm gonna go back in there as snap some pics. AC must have gotten real cold last night because it appears to have snowed on my syntax.

LOL, I been there, bro!

Isn't it ... startling? There's all this extra stuff goin' on with the high brix method. :cheesygrinsmiley:

LOL, I been there, bro!

Isn't it ... startling? There's all this extra stuff goin' on with the high brix method. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes bro it's amazing. I'm constantly excited about my grow. My first few grows in life were filled with disappointment. Very 'homegrown' type of weed. Really shitty are two different words that could have been used to describe my homegrown. One time we did grow some stuff that smelled great like lychee but yield was terrible and flavor barely translated when smoking.

My one hydro grow went great in some ways and not so great in others. Technique wise, I think I did great. System was constructed carefully and proper growing conditions were met. I used limited knowledge and the best deductive reasoning I could muster, and ended up with a qp+ of some hydro salt 'blue og'. Smelled great and looked nice to me while growing, I cured it nice, and the smoke was smooth and kinda sweet and the high was alright but left a lot to be desired in the flavor department. I chalked it up to a shitty phenotype.

I forget how I really got into reading about docs grows. I had read a bit about his high brix organic grows and bookmarked it for later reading. Months went by before I pulled up that link and went into the depths of the journals. Oh ya I had a soil grow going early this year and was probably looking for tips...who knew I was going to end up here with all you great fellows?! I thought I was always gonna be a hydro grower I love how clean it is..I'm really hands on kind of guy so i love the constant attention it requires..I designed my own RDWC. It's sick. I still (sort of) have hopes for it in my flower tent but I'm thinking its gonna be high brix smoke for me only after this round.

Which kinda leads me to why I wanted to post again to begin with. This syntax was gifted to me. It looked pretty lame when I got it. Poor condition cfl closet grow. But I was looking for some summer crop so I threw it in the yard and it really turned around and produced some nice smoke. Really great shit to smoke before a surf.

Way into flowering I decided I wanted to try and clone this plant and one other unknown gifted clone. Looked similar but not the same. Put one bottom cut full on popcorn nug of each in a bubble cloned and waited. Unknown clone died in a week. Syntax, however, threw roots within 6 days. Put her in soil and just watched her stuck in time for about a month. No change. Then I fed her a weak Lucas veg formula and she just took off! All kinds of new growth. Turned her into little bonsai and that's how I have these syntax.

When I transplanted the first one, the roots were the most amazing I've seen. Thick, white, branching, furry, hairy roots. Beautiful to see really.

I just transplanted one extrema. It is a ChemD cross. The roots were not even the same at all not even close. Much thinner and tougher seeming. Not as vibrant white and not nearly as fuzzy. Similar to the hydro roots I had in my buckets. Plants are performing ok so far so we'll see where they take me, but doc is right about prohibition hydro strains and their roots being good for salty water culture and less so for high brix organics.

I took another cut of the syntax and did my super lazy ass but so far super successful method of dirt cloning. Take cutting, trim up, scrape bottom inch or so and stick in wet kit soil I a dome. Spray with stress. It's worked every time with the syntax, so I only take one cut now lol.

Anyway, I also took the topped extrema cuts and did same tech about a week later. No roots from them yet, but the syntax is going nuts white roots flying out the bottom of the little plastic pot it lives in.

I really wish i knew something about this strain. I love the smell. Lemony pinesol clean public bathroom, hint of piss. I do know that it is likely the best weed I've smoked to go surfing. Very amped yet focused. Really shred inducing shit! I also know that it is a clone monster and absolutely loves kit soil!

Can't wait for this new blue candy yum yum I'm smelling from my old friend syntax!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom