Panama x Malawi - Probiotic & Organic Indoor Soil Grow

I know a rec store owner that in some cases is only paying 70 cents per gram and selling at market prices. The grower takes all the risk and the retailers get rich.

What state are you in Rider? My brother grows in Washington commercially. He has a few exclusive contracts that are netting them about 5/6 bucks a gram which is on the high end. He says most of the growers he knows get closer to the 2-3 bucks a gram price.

I read that entire journal tonight and I have the worst case of anxiety I've had for years! Lol. It looks like a mag issue to me on the current run.

I read that entire journal tonight and I have the worst case of anxiety I've had for years! Lol. It looks like a mag issue to me on the current run.

Lol right, it's not been going so great. I'm probably going to scrub my do-your-own soil adventure and get some water-only pre-bagged stuff from someone that knows what they're doing. I mean I don't know, I thought all the ingredients looked good, had a lab analyze it even, but it's not doing what it should. Of course it could be something I'm doing wrong still--I kind of think I'm over-watering since that's my chronic bad habit. But in any case, I'm already having difficulties with the logistics of making and remixing your own soil with all the space that's required to do so, and I think just buying something like KIS organic's water-only soil might be more practical if not a little more expensive. But then again I've probably put in close to $200 on all the boxes of stuff I have, so I don't know. I'll put that to use somehow but right now I feel like it's playing around too much.

Definitely didn't hit a home-run on the soil mix that's for sure.

Buddy, I'm not a master grower or anything and to be honest anyone who calls themselves a master grower is an idiot, but I do know a little about organic growing, not only of our special plant but also fruits and veggies. I have some advice for you but take it for what it's worth.

1. Stop smoking pure sativas, they aren't for everyone and certainly not for me given my temperament and they don't seem to be for you because you seem like a worrier. I smoke max 40% Sativa crosses and at night almost pure Indica. With your medical problem you have, Indicas will suit you better anyway. Plus pure sativas are a lot more difficult to grow and Indicas a lot more forgiving!

2. Don't give up on your organic dream!

3. Sunshine mix is basically just pure peat with some perlite if I'm not mistaken. I live in another country so I use good bagged soil from here and amend it and cook it for 8 to 10 weeks before I use it. In the states I'd use roots organic or fox farm cut with light warrior

4. Dont overthink things.

5. If you want just a water only soil use sub cools recipe...just to start until you get your confidence back.

6. Tad from kis is a great guy and I'm sure his soil works fine if you want to try it however it would be a shame if you spent all that money and then scraped the idea.

7. Scratch in a half tablespoon of Epsom salts to the surface each pot of your current grow

8. Stop overwatering! In your setup a quart and a half of water every two to three days should be fine.

9. Start using aloe Vera in your waterings. It helps the plants roots no end.

10. It's sort of hard for me to help a lot this late in on your current grow but the main thing I see is you need to get more suitable genetics. I can help a lot on your next grow from the beginning as it's easier to start with a new soil.

Please just relax and whatever will be will be. You will get there...it's going to take a little time but you will!

P.s. After this grow you are going to have to take down your tents and wish them in insecticide and also clean out your room with the same insecticide, clean your lights and ducting etc....don't take clones from anyone and grow only from seed if you want strong plants. Don't let anyone in your room that works outside all day unless they have been home and have showered and have clean clothes on.

Again, please chill out and stop smoking all that Sativa brother...it can drive you crazy!

Buddy, I'm not a master grower or anything and to be honest anyone who calls themselves a master grower is an idiot, but I do know a little about organic growing, not only of our special plant but also fruits and veggies. I have some advice for you but take it for what it's worth.

1. Stop smoking pure sativas, they aren't for everyone and certainly not for me given my temperament and they don't seem to be for you because you seem like a worrier. I smoke max 40% Sativa crosses and at night almost pure Indica. With your medical problem you have, Indicas will suit you better anyway. Plus pure sativas are a lot more difficult to grow and Indicas a lot more forgiving!

2. Don't give up on your organic dream!

3. Sunshine mix is basically just pure peat with some perlite if I'm not mistaken. I live in another country so I use good bagged soil from here and amend it and cook it for 8 to 10 weeks before I use it. In the states I'd use roots organic or fox farm cut with light warrior

4. Dont overthink things.

5. If you want just a water only soil use sub cools recipe...just to start until you get your confidence back.

6. Tad from kis is a great guy and I'm sure his soil works fine if you want to try it however it would be a shame if you spent all that money and then scraped the idea.

7. Scratch in a half tablespoon of Epsom salts to the surface each pot of your current grow

8. Stop overwatering! In your setup a quart and a half of water every two to three days should be fine.

9. Start using aloe Vera in your waterings. It helps the plants roots no end.

10. It's sort of hard for me to help a lot this late in on your current grow but the main thing I see is you need to get more suitable genetics. I can help a lot on your next grow from the beginning as it's easier to start with a new soil.

Please just relax and whatever will be will be. You will get there...it's going to take a little time but you will!

P.s. After this grow you are going to have to take down your tents and wish them in insecticide and also clean out your room with the same insecticide, clean your lights and ducting etc....don't take clones from anyone and grow only from seed if you want strong plants. Don't let anyone in your room that works outside all day unless they have been home and have showered and have clean clothes on.

Again, please chill out and stop smoking all that Sativa brother...it can drive you crazy!

Lol actually since harvesting this stuff I've been a lot more mellow, so I was going to say the opposite of all that regarding strain choice. I really just want more of a variety, indicas get kinda boring and I have a lot of them. As far as better genetics, I've only ever heard good things about ACE and these were very vigorous growers, so I hope you don't judge them based on what I've done here.

But yeah I agreed that with what was invested into it already it would suck to just scrap it, but honestly I haven't enjoyed having totes of soil and ingredients all over my tiny little apartment, and the logistics of when to cook more soil, recycle other soil, etc. just adds more complexities into timing the runs of things. I mean I feel like a pre-bagged soil would just be more simple and practical for someone doing as small scale as I am, and all I really want is to go water-only. I'm trying to create less work for myself above all. I know a lot of people would call that laziness, but honestly if it gets too taxing to grow the stuff that's supposed to be helping, then it's more counter-productive.

Cool man....then get rid of your soil but keep your amendments for when you get a deficiency and you can just scratch it into the surface of the soil when you do and go with the kis soil.

If you haven't already listen to the clackamas coot podcast with Tad from kis...it's on their webpage or YouTube..comes in three parts.

Good luck!

Cool man....then get rid of your soil but keep your amendments for when you get a deficiency and you can just scratch it into the surface of the soil when you do and go with the kis soil.

If you haven't already listen to the clackamas coot podcast with Tad from kis...it's on their webpage or YouTube..comes in three parts.

Good luck!

I'll have to check that out... If I remember lol

Yeah I hate to go the lazy route, but I mean, just like the last three days of constant vomiting, sometimes I'm so sick that I can barely even water them, so I gotta do what I can do. I'm setting up a drip-water system to take some of the burden off of that, but I don't know that I'll automate it with a timer--I already over-water too much as it is. My plan is just to setup the distribution lines into the pots, and then run it manually when they need water. I know it doesn't sound like much of a hassle to pour a bottle of water into a pot for most people, but this cyclical vomiting syndrome shit makes simple things like putting my clothes on a chore sometimes. Just moving around is enough to make me relapse and start throwing up again, so there's been days I had to choose my plant's health or mine.

So speaking of the drip system, all my parts came today, and wouldn't you know it, I got the wrong diameter of hose. $7 length of hose I can't use. Thanks Amazon. Hoping I can find some kind of adapter at the hardware store. Shouldn't be so hard to find a 3/8th to 1/2" converter right? I dunno. Everything seems harder with this condition. Just a trip to the hardware store to look for parts sounds like hell. And I hate being such a whiner.

*drinks his pedialyte and tries not to die*

Don't have a clue about the reducer...sorry! You seem to be going through the wars with your health....that sucks! We all live in hope that one day our maladies will be cured!

Dude just do what's right for you. Sometimes when I have to go away for a few days I water my plants then stick a large soda bottle full of water with a small hole in the screw cap upside down in the container. It sucks the water out as it needs it. Nature is amazing.

Feel better

Don't have a clue about the reducer...sorry! You seem to be going through the wars with your health....that sucks! We all live in hope that one day our maladies will be cured!

Dude just do what's right for you. Sometimes when I have to go away for a few days I water my plants then stick a large soda bottle full of water with a small hole in the screw cap upside down in the container. It sucks the water out as it needs it. Nature is amazing.

Feel better

Oh kinda like those grow-bulb things I've seen advertised? Dang that probably woulda worked better than this whole drip-feed thing I just ordered.

Speaking of which, I got that put together today. I'll have to adjust some of the flow-rates on each line to get it all even but so far it works. I just need to get one setup for the other tent now.

IMG_20180202_192341.jpg
IMG_20180202_192350.jpg
IMG_20180202_192358.jpg
IMG_20180202_192403.jpg

I need to put up a trellis net and flip these soon otherwise they're gonna blow out of the tent with the stretch. Sucky since I haven't got the deficiencies and stuff all worked out, but if I don't flower now there's no way these are gonna fit in the tent.

Yep....and the dispensaries generally are only paying the growers 3-4 bucks a gram. Some of the crappy growers only get 2 bucks a gram. Fuck that.
I was talking just yesterday with one of the busiest grow store owners who said that the majority of the growers are doing well if they get 50 cents a gram. $0.50! If it's super primo product they can get more but it's certainly not a lot more. The underground is alive and well because the retail outlets are raping the growers AND the consumers. What a shame.

What state are you in Rider? My brother grows in Washington commercially. He has a few exclusive contracts that are netting them about 5/6 bucks a gram which is on the high end. He says most of the growers he knows get closer to the 2-3 bucks a gram price.
I'm in southeastern Washington. I know Tier 2 growers with 10,000 ft sq operations and I don't envy their position. All the work and none of the glory.

I feel like customers must be really unaware how much the growers are being paid sense the overhead is just bonkers still if they're buying it for anything under $1 a gram. I wouldn't buy it. I think what's really bringing in money is the whole dabs craze. Sick of that shit.

Hey Fert? I know we're practically neighbors, right? I've got your back, brother. If you've seen my grow you know I have way more than my brother needs for his lupus and Polycythemia Vera. (OK, way more than I'm willing to convert to concentrates for him at one time. LOL) When the harvest is complete and cured I'm sure I can get you through to your next grow. It's all very strongly sativa though!

Hey Fert? I know we're practically neighbors, right? I've got your back, brother. If you've seen my grow you know I have way more than my brother needs for his lupus and Polycythemia Vera. (OK, way more than I'm willing to convert to concentrates for him at one time. LOL) When the harvest is complete and cured I'm sure I can get you through to your next grow. It's all very strongly sativa though!

Oh wow that's one gracious offer and one I may need to take you up on one day. So far I have been liking strong Sativas :D

I've been wanting to get some of this Panama x Malawi analyzed to see what the THC percent is. Supposed to be up around 25%

Does it really matter what the THC percentage is? If you smoke enough cheap ditch weed you still get toasted, right? LOL. It's been over forty years since I used cannabis on a regular basis so my knowledge of the effects of strength is a little dated. Back then we smoked until we were high. And then smoked some more. :)

Does it really matter what the THC percentage is? If you smoke enough cheap ditch weed you still get toasted, right? LOL. It's been over forty years since I used cannabis on a regular basis so my knowledge of the effects of strength is a little dated. Back then we smoked until we were high. And then smoked some more. :)

I think it's kind of fun to know mostly, that's why I don't wanna spend money on it lol But nah these days I can't really just keep smoking and smoking, takes a toll on the lungs. Jeez I can remember smoking quarter ounces in a night and that just makes my chest hurt thinking about it now

The watering system you just set up is fine fert. It will allow you to spend as much time as you need away from your plants. Yeah you need to flip Asap. Plants don't actually look too bad at all. In my experience you are never gonna get a perfect run no matter what system you use. Keep on the organic highway brother. Be well.

I defoliated a lot today, going to get ready to flip to 12/12 soon. I put up a trellis net but I don't think I'm going to scrog, just useful to keep the plants at a somewhat even height and out of the light. I'm just not much in tune with the scrog method, hasn't really helped me out much last two times and I think I'd need more planning/training so I don't know. I'm probably going to pull the center plant out and put in a Jack Herer auto so having some more veg time to fill out the net would only help that along.

I also found some little Blumat automatic water sensors... They basically seem to be little probes that shut off flow to distribution line if it's moist enough and opens it if they need watering. Lots of people seem to like them a lot.

Anyway, I'm not sure how these are going to flower since they've been monster cropped . They're branching so crazily. Would have been a great situation for clones, but I'm worried I'm just gonna get a bunch of popcorn nugs all over thousands of bud sites.

IMG_20180204_071351.jpg
IMG_20180204_071358.jpg

IMG_20180204_092518.jpg
IMG_20180204_092526.jpg
IMG_20180204_085414.jpg

Back
Top Bottom