Pawpaws Medicine Tent 4/9/22

Savvage61

Hello call me Savvage61 AkA Pawpaw

I been Living a stoner life for over 45 yrs of my 61 .I have been a part of every aspect except for Growing. For the first time in my life I don't have to hide who I am, or have a heart attack every time see a police car. The wife and I are older now those days were fun(most of the time) But now I'm ready to kick back in the Rocker doing homegrown bong hits, We have a couple of grows under our belt, full of mistakes. I am taking 1 plant and the first journal I have other plants growing But I want this to be a learning experience (My son is also growing one of Herbies Freebie Gorilla Glue auto. we are considering a 2x4 SCROG with 2 plants I don't know what to expect TBA )

What strain is it? Gelato Herbies extra freebee seed

Gelato Auto: Ecstatic Delight​

Name: Rahab
20220409_231311.jpg

60/40 sat/ind
Est THC 26% auto feminized
indoor seed germinating now 4/9/22
4X4X80" iPOWER GROW TENT
Mars Hydro ts 3000w 450 watt
Bestva 2000w veg and a cheap spider light for seedling (not the brand the style)
Fox Farm Ocean forest with FF nute trio
5 gal GoPro Plant warriorBucket
* 6" I power inline ventilation (don't make my mistake aprox 100 Sq ft grow room 360 CFM I can suck all the air out of the tent 3 1/2 times per minute, That is called Overkill. I had to ad extra bars to stop the sides from getting sucked in.But you can change the temp on a dime
Cool mist 1.5 lg bedroom Humidifier (will lower temp)
stoner engineered climate control yr round

Spending the evening in soaking wet paper Towel all tucked in tomorrow is a big day ! the first day of the rest of our lives.

Hello, and congrats on retirement, did it myself about 9 years ago. Hope you wake up to a towel full of “tails”! After I retired I was able to get back into the game, after a 30 year hiatus, no more security clearance, no more random tests, and then they made it legal, score!!!!!

Hello call me Savvage61 AkA Pawpaw

I been Living a stoner life for over 45 yrs of my 61 .I have been a part of every aspect except for Growing. For the first time in my life I don't have to hide who I am, or have a heart attack every time see a police car. The wife and I are older now those days were fun(most of the time) But now I'm ready to kick back in the Rocker doing homegrown bong hits, We have a couple of grows under our belt, full of mistakes. I am taking 1 plant and the first journal I have other plants growing But I want this to be a learning experience (My son is also growing one of Herbies Freebie Gorilla Glue auto. we are considering a 2x4 SCROG with 2 plants I don't know what to expect TBA )

What strain is it? Gelato Herbies extra freebee seed

Gelato Auto: Ecstatic Delight​

Name: Rahab
20220409_231311.jpg

60/40 sat/ind
Est THC 26% auto feminized
indoor seed germinating now 4/9/22
4X4X80" iPOWER GROW TENT
Mars Hydro ts 3000w 450 watt
Bestva 2000w veg and a cheap spider light for seedling (not the brand the style)
Fox Farm Ocean forest with FF nute trio
5 gal GoPro Plant warriorBucket
* 6" I power inline ventilation (don't make my mistake aprox 100 Sq ft grow room 360 CFM I can suck all the air out of the tent 3 1/2 times per minute, That is called Overkill. I had to ad extra bars to stop the sides from getting sucked in.But you can change the temp on a dime
Cool mist 1.5 lg bedroom Humidifier (will lower temp)
stoner engineered climate control yr round

Spending the evening in soaking wet paper Towel all tucked in tomorrow is a big day ! the first day of the rest of our lives.
4/11/22
36 hrs and im nervous my Gelato is starting to crack my Sons GG nothing (actually now that I think about it about 10 hrs of that 36 includes soaking in a Mason Jar. Not only do I plan on learning to grow some awesome Bud But I also am trying to grow some Patience. Maybe Im a bit off Kilter But growing Ghanja has a way of re-enforcing life's lessons In my outlaw days it taught me how not to get caught. But By the time I harvest this Grow I hope to be wiser than I am today. Till next time stay stoned But stay safe

we have been trying to decide which way to go. I believe I am going to do a 2 plant 2x4 AUTO SCROG There are a lot of different Ideas from Never scroggin auto's to Massive harvest auto scrogg. either was I have 2-3 weeks to Kram as much Knowledge between my ears as I can if. some of you wouldn't mind recommending some good reads and videos I would greatly appreciate it . I hope to give a up date on this grow

Well it was a few more Days than I remembered. It is amazing how the lack of patience sets in before the seed is in the ground. and I wonder why I gotta take blood pressure meds. any as you can see below they are tucked away in their solo cup approx 3 in OF and about 2 in of happy frog with taproot down in the middle. The eggs are in the rookery .at this point other that watering and watching I wont touch them for at least a week or two. while I have this free time I will not only prepare my medium I also plan on learning what exactly is Ocean forest besides bat crap and worm guts. I will research this and do my best not to confuse myself or anyone else. til then stay safe *( remember in my equipment list I had a Spider light "not the brand"

CM220412-211850002.jpg

20220412_212952.jpg

Before I can go over my medium I need to explain what I plan on growing it in. During this grow I will be using the

Gro Pro® Plant Warrior™ Pots

the company has been very responsive for every question I sent them, I wanted to know what made this pot so much better than a Grow bag and here is what I received from them
s9Jp487RnDwQaIvJxGGFcPMLKqAaw&usqp=CAU&ec=45707745.png

Good afternoon, you won't have any roots hanging from your pots if water management is correctly handled- roots on fast-growing
pg19_000022.jpg
annuals are very fragile, and the point of the ventilated cone in Warrior pots, as well as the drain holes will implement air pruning.Air pruning is the intended result of using pots like this, and the same mechanism in fabric pots that catches roots and forces them back into the container.

Air pruning severs growth at the root tip as it dries out in contact with air, forcing branching, and corrective growth of the roots back into the pot, resulting in a more robust root mass overall.

Unless plants are left to sit in their waste water for some reason, roots will not grow past the moist substrate they are being cultivated in.

Personally last grow was the first time I used grow bags. at first, I did not like them but as the growth went I found the benefits, had it not been for fabric grow pots my plants would be dead from overwatering. after using a grow bag it is hard to find anything negative about them. But I am excited about this pot. I purchase distilled water by the gallon and on a 3 plant grow I know I used over 50 gallons. well time will tell if this is something special or not

One thing I learned on my last grow is DONT MIX MEDIUMS!! at least not like I did. I used 50/50 OF and HF . Happy Frog is Coco base and requires / recommended 3 flushes the HF will hold salt and other nutes and cause Lockout or Nute Burn depending on what you prefer to call it. I was taught even though it looks like burn it isn't ,
NPK WHAT IS IT? I will tread on copyrights and borrow this fox farm. this what I learned from. for right now the only trying I am going to add to my medium is Perelite I will add 3 parts soil to 1 part Perlite. I ran into Nute issues my last grow , and I was Humbled on my last grow, being really experienced at smoking weed does not make you a super grower and Bigger or More is not always better

General Product Questions​

What does NPK mean? What other nutrients are in your fertilizer?​

NPK is a rating system that describes the amount of nitrogen (N), available phosphorus (P2O5), and soluble potassium (K2O) in a fertilizer. The NPK nutrient values are expressed as a percentage of the total weight of the product in the package. As an example, our Happy Frog® Tomato & Vegetable fertilizer has an NPK of 5-7-3.
Nitrogen (N), represented by the first number, is responsible for leafy, green growth and is most important in a plant’s early growth stages. Some plants, like tomatoes, are heavy nitrogen feeders and will quickly deplete the soil of nitrogen if more is not added.
Phosphorus (P), represented by the second number, supports root development, fruiting and flowering. It helps plants transfer energy from one part of the plant to another. The form of Phosphorus guaranteed in fertilizers is P2O5, or Available Phosphorus.
Potassium (K), represented by the third number, helps build strong cellular walls, enabling plants to better resist disease. It also helps plants withstand extreme weather conditions and plays a role in the synthesis of proteins and starches. Potassium is typically guaranteed in fertilizer products as K2O, or Soluble Potash.
The NPK of organic fertilizers tend to be lower than what you’d see from a chemical fertilizer, but that does not make them any less powerful. There’s more to a good fertilizer than the NPK. The materials we use in our organic listed products have a “functional value” that can’t be measured in a test tube.
Our fertilizers may also include micronutrients such as calcium and magnesium, trace minerals, and beneficial microbes that meet specific plant needs.

Here is a link to Fox Farms in case anyone whats some exciting reads FOX FARMS

While doing this grow journal I decided to try my hand at making a video for/as I do the grow journal Please understand
THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT :nerd-with-glasses:making a video and it doesn't help that I got the software yesterday, and unlike my grandkids, I am not a child of the digital age when I was born computers were the size of a house 8 tracks were king and cable was a piece of tie-down. I am going to post the video to show a mistake I made when you watch my home video pay attention to how deep I say to go be for you watch let me say :sorry:AGE RESTRICTED CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

iF you watched the video I said to make the hole about 3/8 of an inch WT? was I thinking :ganjamon: oh yeah right lol
that was to shallow and I belive it can cause something like this to happen be sure to zoom in Im pretty sure one of 2 things
1. I am growing a maneater plant
2. I did not plant my germinated seed/tail
I say number 2. now I have a question do I knock the shell off and risk killing her or let nature do it ?

20220416_160930.jpg

While doing this grow journal I decided to try my hand at making a video for/as I do the grow journal Please understand
THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT :nerd-with-glasses:making a video and it doesn't help that I got the software yesterday, and unlike my grandkids, I am not a child of the digital age when I was born computers were the size of a house 8 tracks were king and cable was a piece of tie-down. I am going to post the video to show a mistake I made when you watch my home video pay attention to how deep I say to go be for you watch let me say :sorry:AGE RESTRICTED CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
Lol I’m not a “digital native” either.

Great journal, am loving it so far in, many a chuckle

BACK FROM VACATION. Why is that as you get older and go on vacation it takes another Vacation to recover from it

This week gave me time to think about my grows one major thing happened I will no longer put my sprouts in a solo cup
they will go straight into my medium even though I am using OceaN FOREST But when going straight into my medium I will make a pocket of happy Frog and add germinated seed into te final resting place no more transplanting for autos (also I belive I will decreasae using auto and going to Photos) that is a new post unwritten yet

BACK FROM VACATION. Why is that as you get older and go on vacation it takes another Vacation to recover from it

This week gave me time to think about my grows one major thing happened I will no longer put my sprouts in a solo cup
they will go straight into my medium even though I am using OceaN FOREST But when going straight into my medium I will make a pocket of happy Frog and add germinated seed into te final resting place no more transplanting for autos (also I belive I will decreasae using auto and going to Photos) that is a new post unwritten yet
May I ask your reasoning on this since centuries of growing in closed containers has taught us that the best way to develop a proper root ball is by successively uppotting? You do say in your signature lines that you hope to grow the best weed you can, so it doesn't make sense to me that you are trying to find shortcuts.

A friend recommended I try it, it works for him . and after doing my homework, reliable sources said both ways can be equally successful. My reasoning is the least I have to move my root system the better my chances of not screwing it up . If it causes a problem it is a lesson learned and won't be forgotten. and If I don't try then I'll never know

ok I'm way behind, on this journal, Don't ya hate when life gets in the way:lot-o-toke:
lets start of with whats what happened, today is day 23 from planting the sprout. I started feeding the gals Big Bloom last Thursday I will feed them by the Fox Farm Schedule Thursdays and Sundays the gals get chow. This Sunday I will start adding Grow Big to their Nutes. I really had a battle with Nute lockout/burn so this time I am using a little lower dose than it calls for till the first flush then reconsider. ok, we are caught up on the feedings . 3 days ago I made the girls go topless and topped both. that opens a can of worms . Im sure you heard "NEVER TOP AN AUTO" and most likely heard this "YEAH YOU CAN TOP AN AUTO " Couldn't be any cleared than that???
They are both kinda right you can top it but not without risk, from my own experiences top it early and only once it seems the younger the plant the lesser the stunt time (thats was my experience , the plants that I topped topped are have already back on track, the one plant from My last grow was much older when I topped it I have had nothing but problems. so here they are now Day 23 on the long count . if you Zoom in you can see where they were topped.there was one, and now there are 2 individuals free to go their own way of May they love to live and live to make the most of themselves and birth a massive beautiful loving family of buds and then we will come and cut them to pieces and hang thier body parts in dark isolation. after sometime we will take them out of the dark and snip and clip the death of a thousand clips and just when they think it cant get worse Throw them in a plastic bag no air no water and after sevral weeks, Ill open those bags and crush them to dust and smoke em
now that a future any pot parent would be proud of
gelto.jpg
20220505_201218.jpg

ok I'm way behind, on this journal, Don't ya hate when life gets in the way:lot-o-toke:
lets start of with whats what happened, today is day 23 from planting the sprout. I started feeding the gals Big Bloom last Thursday I will feed them by the Fox Farm Schedule Thursdays and Sundays the gals get chow. This Sunday I will start adding Grow Big to their Nutes. I really had a battle with Nute lockout/burn so this time I am using a little lower dose than it calls for till the first flush then reconsider. ok, we are caught up on the feedings . 3 days ago I made the girls go topless and topped both. that opens a can of worms . Im sure you heard "NEVER TOP AN AUTO" and most likely heard this "YEAH YOU CAN TOP AN AUTO " Couldn't be any cleared than that???
They are both kinda right you can top it but not without risk, from my own experiences top it early and only once it seems the younger the plant the lesser the stunt time (thats was my experience , the plants that I topped topped are have already back on track, the one plant from My last grow was much older when I topped it I have had nothing but problems. so here they are now Day 23 on the long count . if you Zoom in you can see where they were topped.there was one, and now there are 2 individuals free to go their own way of May they love to live and live to make the most of themselves and birth a massive beautiful loving family of buds and then we will come and cut them to pieces and hang thier body parts in dark isolation. after sometime we will take them out of the dark and snip and clip the death of a thousand clips and just when they think it cant get worse Throw them in a plastic bag no air no water and after sevral weeks, Ill open those bags and crush them to dust and smoke em
now that a future any pot parent would be proud of
gelto.jpg
20220505_201218.jpg
Sorry I'm late Amigo. :ciao:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

what a difference 5 days makes
it could be one of 3 things genetics, medium, or the new GRO PRO warrior
my last grow was done with hand-me-down seeds no idea of age or source. these current seeds came from Herbies
my last grow medium was Happy frog and ocean forest, this time I am using straight ocean forest and a butt load of perlite Im hoping this net will get replaced with a 4" net if it arrives in time. I am adding 2 more plants in about a week all Gelato autos (so they will all be about the same size )the odd man out is the one gorilla glue but the growth is supposed to be about the same as Gelato. now if having 2 different start dates might come back and bite me in the butt. but after this grow I plan on doing a Grandaddy bruce photo scrog I preach it a lot But I struggle with this patience thing,but lately, I seem to be getting better (not like growing to give you a choice) If I learn as much on this grow as I did on the last Ill know a little bit more than squat.
DAY 28
dM8Jzc9ym6kRFgvoM8fRCnsftQ=w703-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

one thing I forgot to mention, I am using a lot less water and the soil isnt drying out like it does with a 5 Gal grow Bag. not to mention with the air cone in the middle I am using a lot less medium and everybody knows Fox Farm is not CHEAP:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom