Pawpaws Medicine Tent 4/9/22

Well I just finished my week 5 sledgehammer flush after reading the instruction I was worried
foffarm.jpeg
`Flush is one of the most controversial topics I have found since I started researching how to grow pot there is no ONE RIGHT WAY but those who are pro flush have a general rule of 3 x the container size 5 gal pot = 15 gals flush. with a sledgehammer theyrecommend double the feed/water size I use 1/2 per plant per water/feed so I would add 2 tsp of SH to 1 gal and flush with 1 gallon of water VS 15 gallons they key to the SH flush is works diffrend it uses Saponin (an extract of the yucca plant) this stays in the plant and breaks down the salts while opening your soil for better water flow and repeat every 3-4 weeks till harvest. I have to admit theyhave some convincing evidence. we will see this next week. tomorrow I will post how their nute change but I can say it will heal'em or Kill'em Im not only using the FF trio we have some other Scoobie snacks to make the Bud fat and sassy.

* on a side note I did cheat a little, I mixed 1 extra gallon of Sledgehammer and split it between the 2 plants for a little just in case. One thing I recommend when doing a flush, is to ncheck your runoff PH to give you an idea of plant health. I did my ph and I was Impressed . My grow Jedi OBILL WAN KANOBI will be pround of this run off reading
20220530_184830.jpg
Cant get better than that im sure i have the same ph meter do you leave it in any fluid or just pop the cap back on and leave it?

I know it says to keep it in that solution to be I don't, prolly should honestly. But it hasnt been a problem just make sure it is dry before you put it away I found it easier to pop the rubber cover over the eye out that way I can wipe it off and get it in front of fan so it drys off quicker and I get I can get a true reading in less time. But it is a very good meter while we are on this subject most already know DONT COUNT ON DISTILLED WATER BEING 7.0. I went out last night and grabbed some bottles to use in my soil tester kit and calibrate my meter both bottles were 5.99 thought it was the meter but used a test packet for 4.01 and it was right on My last grow I didn't ph everything and I paid a price. now nothing crosses the rim of my pot without being 6.3 to 6.5 or close

After the defency issues I belive my girls are bouncing back, I gotta admit this issue with getting nute lockout is really frustrating although I have learned 2 very important things about when to start cal mag and before you try something new do the math I made the mistake of using too many BUD ENHANCERS Tiger Bloom ,the FFStrio(open sesame ,beastly bloomz, cha ching) and Purpinator all full of phosphorous causing the lockout and getting the cal-mag I know I ramble a lot here what my work is doing
20220614_195950-COLLAGE.jpg

on this buds the leaves are all half gone from an early cal-mag issue Im use to seeing them surrounded in leaves anybody have an idea with this bud is gonna get bigger zoom in and you can see where the damage ends and good bud begins
20220614_214708.jpg

I know it says to keep it in that solution to be I don't, prolly should honestly. But it hasnt been a problem just make sure it is dry before you put it away I found it easier to pop the rubber cover over the eye out that way I can wipe it off and get it in front of fan so it drys off quicker and I get I can get a true reading in less time. But it is a very good meter while we are on this subject most already know DONT COUNT ON DISTILLED WATER BEING 7.0. I went out last night and grabbed some bottles to use in my soil tester kit and calibrate my meter both bottles were 5.99 thought it was the meter but used a test packet for 4.01 and it was right on My last grow I didn't ph everything and I paid a price. now nothing crosses the rim of my pot without being 6.3 to 6.5 or close
Too right m8. I tried leaving it in solution first couple days after first use and it for rusty. So i havent ever since then

Did you get it off amazon ?
I get everything from amazon :laughtwo: I buy so much crap from Amazon they offered me a Business account. I bought 90% of my set-up from amazon and the other 10% from Walmart

I have been trying to figure out how old/ what week i have been counting the days when I dropped the seeds in the water as Day 1 going by the that I should probably take off 2 weeks at least for germination which puts me about week 6.5 43 day which would leave about 20 to 30 days till harvest it really gets me when the add says flower time 60-65 or 70 to 75 days That is really not much quicker than a photo there are a lot of pluses's to doing photos More quantity, some people say the quality cheaper light bill, easier to control. the temp, I cant go into to much detail But there is a website that has an excellent diary format That I use when not doing a journal one of their sponsors a throw back from 80's Super sativa seed club aka SSSC is having a contest and I was lucky enough to get selected and They are sending me some Black Lebanon seeds These guys are high-end genetics From what I understand one of the founders is responsible for making autos from the ruderalis Cannabis from Russia and surrounding areas I did not know that ruderalis are a different strain of cannabis actul there are 4 main classes that I know of Sativa, Indica ,Highbreed, and ruderalis . ruderalis are small and produce less THC but grow faster and are very durable adding the good parts to the other strains and poof auto are born. Anyway they will be my next Journal here also. well thats my rambling and lesson for today
Stay Stoned and keep a designated driver

did a quick run through . Glad to see you are figuring out your feeding issues . I didn't see where you talked about temps and rh ... I would suggest finding a VPD (vapor pressure deficit ) chart and following it as close as you can . Also know that running led lights to close can give the plants sunburn and it can look like lockout as well as overfeeding ...led lights are a completely different animal when it comes to growing ...I would recommend follow the mfg suggestions on heights ..if you don't know they are a sponsor here and I'm certain they would assist you .

I saw a post where you were talking about flowering times listed by a the breeder ...the best advice i can give is only use them as a guideline and not an exact number .... let the plant tell you how far along it is .

Hope this helps :snowboating:

did a quick run through . Glad to see you are figuring out your feeding issues . I didn't see where you talked about temps and rh ... I would suggest finding a VPD (vapor pressure deficit ) chart and following it as close as you can . Also know that running led lights to close can give the plants sunburn and it can look like lockout as well as overfeeding ...led lights are a completely different animal when it comes to growing ...I would recommend follow the mfg suggestions on heights ..if you don't know they are a sponsor here and I'm certain they would assist you .

I saw a post where you were talking about flowering times listed by a the breeder ...the best advice i can give is only use them as a guideline and not an exact number .... let the plant tell you how far along it is .

Hope this helps :snowboating:
Thx for your advice it is always welcome, the more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know Growing is like an onion every time ya peel off one layer there is another layer underneath it. It just so happens the @Bill284 just posted a chart last night. and I've been working on getting my tent environment in that sweet spot if I can drop a couple of degrees and get My RH up about 10% I'll be there. I really appreciate you going thur and giving advice Im going to double-check my owners manual and double-check my distance
Thx again

Thx for your advice it is always welcome, the more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know Growing is like an onion every time ya peel off one layer there is another layer underneath it. It just so happens the @Bill284 just posted a chart last night. and I've been working on getting my tent environment in that sweet spot if I can drop a couple of degrees and get My RH up about 10% I'll be there. I really appreciate you going thur and giving advice Im going to double-check my owners manual and double-check my distance
Thx again
You are very welcome ...just so you know I don't know that this onion you speak of ever runs out of layers :)

You are very welcome ...just so you know I don't know that this onion you speak of ever runs out of layers :)
iT SURE HASNT FOR ME AND IT HAS MADE ME CRY A LOT LOL:thumb:

iT SURE HASNT FOR ME AND IT HAS MADE ME CRY A LOT LOL:thumb:
lol ....always remember these words.... I will find success through my failure's , Failures do not define us , how we bounce back does ..... lastley ..... if you dont run into an issue here or there , your not trying hard enough ..lol

After the defency issues I belive my girls are bouncing back, I gotta admit this issue with getting nute lockout is really frustrating although I have learned 2 very important things about when to start cal mag and before you try something new do the math I made the mistake of using too many BUD ENHANCERS Tiger Bloom ,the FFStrio(open sesame ,beastly bloomz, cha ching) and Purpinator all full of phosphorous causing the lockout and getting the cal-mag I know I ramble a lot here what my work is doing
20220614_195950-COLLAGE.jpg

on this buds the leaves are all half gone from an early cal-mag issue Im use to seeing them surrounded in leaves anybody have an idea with this bud is gonna get bigger zoom in and you can see where the damage ends and good bud begins
20220614_214708.jpg
Hi Savvage! Been a bit busy but catching up now and just recognized your tag.
The foliage wont grow anymore but they definitely looking happier and PHAT right now ;)

There still seem to be loads of white hairs so I'd assume they have sum weeks before its time to chop. (The left one)
So as theres not much foliage left I'd consider dropping Nitrogen amount to very low - And generally lower the whole feed strength as theres not much leaves which could "work with" higher rates.

I bet if the plant, the left one gets steady and bit diluted feed the buds will swell nicely.

Stay safe
V

I was a bit surprised I was thinking I had 3-4 weeks before starting the worse part of the grow "THE TRICHOME WATCH" you know what I mean 2 days seem like a week well I didnt have anything else to do so I checked my trichomes and here is what I found
Image_2022-06-16 16_53_40_511.png
Image_2022-06-16 16_54_22_333 (1).png

Image_2022-06-16 16_55_03_578.png
Image_2022-06-16 16_56_50_583.png

Image_2022-06-16 16_57_50_664.png
Image_2022-06-16 16_59_11_522.png

Image_2022-06-16 16_58_38_330 (1).png

Im Glad I was bored If I waited like I planned I would start getting foxtails before I checked trichomes I really see the diffrence from using a 3 Purple Leds 2 100 watt and 1 275 watt compared to a Mars Hydro TS3000 450 watt. I wanted to get a light with 600 to 800 watt But it would have doubled the cost and I am betting it wouldn't have doubled the performance it is a perfect light for a 4x4 tent. I say 2 weeks (If I were a rich man well even if I wasn't a poor man I would put up a $100 to the one who guessed the day and dried weight) here is what I see a lot of white/cloudy trichomes about 40% clear and no amber worth mentioning. @Bill284 you have been there for while the seeds were soaking before germination I would really appreciate what and when you think it is time to harvest. and I cant forget the 3-4 other awesome Members who were there with advice and encouragement you know who you are. and Now I need to finish the wait and Plan My drying/curing I dont have much room but I have an Idea for the hanger I used last time. they were dry in 5 days WAY TO FAST!. I am going to use the hanger again But Im going to raise the humidity of the room Block out all light keep the temp right around 68-70 and stretch the dry time to 10 days is my goal. I learned a hard lesson last time Massive buds that smelled like Hay That chlorophyll sucks that Extra 5 days should get rid of that Then I will put most in a Grove 1/4 lb bag. and some in a mason jar. I got 2 more seedlings going then I am done with autos for awhile and I am planning a Photo Black Lebanon Scrog let them veg till my net is covered Flip the switch and add a second net when I open that tent I want to see a jungle lol That's is still some time away
Thx guys
Have a good evening

I was a bit surprised I was thinking I had 3-4 weeks before starting the worse part of the grow "THE TRICHOME WATCH" you know what I mean 2 days seem like a week well I didnt have anything else to do so I checked my trichomes and here is what I found
Image_2022-06-16 16_53_40_511.png
Image_2022-06-16 16_54_22_333 (1).png

Image_2022-06-16 16_55_03_578.png
Image_2022-06-16 16_56_50_583.png

Image_2022-06-16 16_59_11_522.png

Im Glad I was bored If I waited like I planned I would start getting foxtails before I checked trichomes I really see the diffrence from using a 3 Purple Leds 2 100 watt and 1 275 watt compared to a Mars Hydro TS3000 450 watt. I wanted to get a light with 600 to 800 watt But it would have doubled the cost and I am betting it wouldn't have doubled the performance it is a perfect light for a 4x4 tent. I say 2 weeks (If I were a rich man well even if I wasn't a poor man I would put up a $100 to the one who guessed the day and dried weight) here is what I see a lot of white/cloudy trichomes about 40% clear and no amber worth mentioning. @Bill284 you have been there for while the seeds were soaking before germination I would really appreciate what and when you think it is time to harvest. and I cant forget the 3-4 other awesome Members who were there with advice and encouragement you know who you are. and Now I need to finish the wait and Plan My drying/curing I dont have much room but I have an Idea for the hanger I used last time. they were dry in 5 days WAY TO FAST!. I am going to use the hanger again But Im going to raise the humidity of the room Block out all light keep the temp right around 68-70 and stretch the dry time to 10 days is my goal. I learned a hard lesson last time Massive buds that smelled like Hay That chlorophyll sucks that Extra 5 days should get rid of that Then I will put most in a Grove 1/4 lb bag. and some in a mason jar. I got 2 more seedlings going then I am done with autos for awhile and I am planning a Photo Black Lebanon Scrog let them veg till my net is covered Flip the switch and add a second net when I open that tent I want to see a jungle lol That's is still some time away
Thx guys
Have a good evening

Good morning Amigo. :ciao:
Looks like you have the sugar leaves in some pics.
Buds are where you need pics from.
But.
I generally judge by the plant and buds over all.
I need pics of the plant and buds.
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

so will we see ya on an episode of swamp people? I know there ain't no wild gators in Canada is there?lol here are some bud here are some buds from this morning I was hoping for a few more weeks still have pistils on some tyh at gelato would be awesome had I not picked off bad leaves here they are @Bill284
Thx bud
yeah I did send all the leaf picts Ill did out the micro after work and get some inside bud pics
20220617_084918.jpg
20220617_084913.jpg
20220617_084857.jpg
20220617_084854.jpg

@Bill284 as far as feeding goes I am supposed to go to Big bloom (food base) tiger bloom and purpinator (flower foods)says I should drop cal/mag and grow big and I quit using the FFG solubles which are (cha ching 9-50-11 I think) I don't want to overdo the Phosphorous again dropping grow big did away with some phosphorous dop you think cha- ching is a bit much with the Purpinator and TB ? I want to Pump dem up right?:morenutes:
tyvm

@Bill284 as far as feeding goes I am supposed to go to Big bloom (food base) tiger bloom and purpinator (flower foods)says I should drop cal/mag and grow big and I quit using the FFG solubles which are (cha ching 9-50-11 I think) I don't want to overdo the Phosphorous again dropping grow big did away with some phosphorous dop you think cha- ching is a bit much with the Purpinator and TB ? I want to Pump dem up right?:morenutes:
tyvm
If they are still developing and consuming nutrients I thin it would be beneficial also.
Just try a little lighter on the ppm's at first to see how it's tolerated.
If she consumes it without I'll effects work up to full ppm's quickly.
I love Purpinator and would like to see you use it.
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Talk soon.

Bill

@Bill284 hey bud this weekend being good to you? I think you will; be happy to hear Im fading out the FF trio and starting the next grow with Geoflora and their myco dynomyco I think that will;l means a lot fewer headaches from me lol
any way is it possible that those pistil-looking hairs are fox tails? that plant is way ahead of the other. I need to check trichomes again I'm hoping I can harvest it ( on a Sativa or strong Sativa hybrid do I still want to see some,amber? )
hey keep on enjoying your weekend my friend

@Bill284 hey bud this weekend being good to you? I think you will; be happy to hear Im fading out the FF trio and starting the next grow with Geoflora and their myco dynomyco I think that will;l means a lot fewer headaches from me lol
any way is it possible that those pistil-looking hairs are fox tails? that plant is way ahead of the other. I need to check trichomes again I'm hoping I can harvest it ( on a Sativa or strong Sativa hybrid do I still want to see some,amber? )
hey keep on enjoying your weekend my friend
Naa not fox tails, second stage flowering.
I've seen it before.
Hope you kept a clone from her.
Beautiful, with huge cola's.
Be patient my friend.
Cleaning Day for the bongs, hope I can use one soon. :thumb:

Bill

Back
Top Bottom