PeeJay's Prudent Home-Brewed Organic Soil - Outdoor Out of Sight Deck Grow

Thanks Dyold. Yeah, they are coming around nicely. The weather models indicate potential for some monsoonal moisture flow up from the South over the weekend. An increase in rH will be most welcome.

I also double water, always have. It is a recommended practice in growing mainly because most growers use petro chemical fertilizers which are known to burn roots, so watering prior to fertilizing starts the root hairs moving fluid and when the chemical fertilizer is introduced it does not shock with the heavy salt.

As discussed earlier in the journal I have neighbors in close proximity. Although the plants are well screened from their view, if they choose to be nosey they could, and perhaps even have, seen them. Screening prevents any kind of good look, but still...

The other day I was reading Gardenfaerie's journal and she mentioned she was going to add some fake flowers to her plants as a camo method. I thought that was brilliant!

disguise1.jpg

:rofl:

My hopes for some humidity over the weekend have been dashed. Things are going to continue with highs in the mid 90s and single digit rH for the immediate future. Growth rates are good but I see stress. Fan leaves are delicate and lack the glossy, waxy cuticle I'm used to seeing. It's been four days since Beta got the heavy LST. Here she was right after followed by a picture from this morning.

litter1.jpg

betaprogress.jpg

I can't complain about how fast the plants are growing, I just wish things looked a little more robust...

Spotted this gal on my Alcalde Improved chile plant yesterday evening.

praying.jpg

I moved the pepper plant over by the cannabis. If Ms. Mantis wants to move onto the weed that would be fine with me!

potpepper.jpg

I've been seeing lots of jumping spiders around in general, and on the pot plants. They are hard to get a picture of because they jump away when the lens gets close enough for a good macro.

The way they bounce back after training still amazes me...

absolutely brilliant ! +reps to the both of you for the stealthyness. I am so glad I live in a spot it is legal to the state level, no camo needed, just plop em on the deck.

As discussed earlier in the journal I have neighbors in close proximity. Although the plants are well screened from their view, if they choose to be nosey they could, and perhaps even have, seen them. Screening prevents any kind of good look, but still...

The other day I was reading Gardenfaerie's journal and she mentioned she was going to add some fake flowers to her plants as a camo method. I thought that was brilliant!

disguise1.jpg

:rofl:

absolutely brilliant ! +reps to the both of you for the stealthyness. I am so glad I live in a spot it is legal to the state level, no camo needed, just plop em on the deck.

I'm legal within the confines of my state MMJ program but that doesn't mean my landlord can't ask me to take my legal activity elsewhere. If I was living in the house I own (and am renting out while I go to school) I wouldn't have to worry about the landlord but I would still have to worry about outdoor plants getting ginked by neighborhood teenagers, etc.

Maybe I'm too paranoid but as my Mum likes to say, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." :)

I keep grousing about the low humidity. A few minutes ago I took the thermometer out of the shade where is was sitting and set it on Beta. We are looking at the inside temperature and humidity. The outside sensor is somewhere inside. I don't have a clue where... Anyway, if I left the unit on the plant there in the sun the temp would shoot up to about 120 degrees in short order - not because it is really that hot, but because the sun is that strong.

temprh.jpg

My growing conditions either inside, or in the greenhouse are usually on the dry side, but not like this! I think that the mazar genetics I've grown do beter in low rH than this White Panther does. The dryness will go away soon, thank goodness.

Remember the praying mantis? I moved my chile plant next to the cannabis in hopes that the mantis would move to one of those plants.

potpepper.jpg

I hadn't see Ms. Mantis for a few days, but I spotted her earlier today - still on the pepper plant. When I was taking her photo I noticed some spider mite webs on the chile plant. So instead of introducing a praying mantis to a cannabis plant, I probably just introduced spider mites to both pot plants. :bravo:

mantis21.jpg

Plus I have the jumping spider army, Corgie. I'm always fascinated by all the things that go on in a garden. Let the battle commence! I posted more about bugs and stuff in Canna's off topic gardening journal here:

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/beauty-spring-summer-4.221970/

Canna takes gorgeous photos and has a stunning property. Lester and GF's off topic gardening journals are also wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom