PeeJay's Prudent Home-Brewed Organic Soil - Outdoor Out of Sight Deck Grow

Coach PJ, I received a few things in the mail this weekend & as soon as I go pick up some more soil we can start.

Update:

Temperatures have been on the warm side this week. Humidity has been decent. The plants are getting pretty big. The greenhouse is 6'x6'. I lose two feet along one side because I have junk in there, too. Here are a couple of family photos. I stood on a milk crate for the first one. Useable space is 4'x6'. It would be a tight fit for these two in a 4'x'4' tent. It's getting difficult to take whole plant pictures while standing inside the greenhouse.

famhigh7-23.jpg

famlow7-23.jpg

Beta is looking good.

betaone7-23.jpg

betatwo7-23.jpg

And, she is starting to flower. It is about 14 hours and 10 minutes between sunrise and sunset right now.

macrobeta7-22.jpg

Alpha is also growing rapidly. Not flowering yet.

alphaside7-23.jpg

alphaoneone7-23.jpg

alphastructure7-23.jpg

These plants have now been in the soil for going on eight weeks with just water. I've started top dressing at each water with a mixture of 3 cups fresh flowering soil, 3 cups of worm castings, 1 cup of Yum-Yum, 2 Tb of high P guano, and 2TB of Panca clay. I don't use that full amount - just a couple of handfuls scratched into the top of the soil. The mix is super bioactive. I moistened it and let it sit a few days and it has a rich loamy aroma.
:)

topdress7-22.jpg

Lots of lacewings in the garden. These guys are great. They eat mites and aphids. The real bonus is when they lay eggs. Their nymphs are real mite and aphid pigs. Unfortunately, I've been spraying with chitin, rosemary and citronella. Not much chance of the nymphs surviving on the plants.

lacewing7-22.jpg

Updated progression.

6/12 ~ one week after the plants were moved into bigger pots and moved out onto the deck.

first_pic.jpg

On 6/16 alpha is growing well, and beta takes a beat down.

alpha1.jpg

litter1.jpg

On 6-20, Alpha is wearing a disguise. Beta is starting to bounce back from the beating. Plants have been plagued by very hot extremely dry conditions for a couple of weeks straight.

potpepper.jpg

Increased humidity and cooler temperatures arrived ~ 6/28. Here are the plants on 6/30.

alphaside6-30.jpg

betatop6-30.jpg

Here we are on 7/7 the day the plants moved into the greenhouse.

alpha27-7.jpg

beta27-7.jpg

ghtesting.jpg

Which brings us up to yesterday morning, 7/15.

alphaside7-15.jpg

betatop7-15.jpg

7/23. Temperatures have been a little warm. Growth has been good. Beta is starting to flower.

famlow7-23.jpg

macrobeta7-22.jpg

LOL, I haven't been catching the size of those two in earlier pics. Dey Big! :laughtwo:

The next several weeks should be interesting. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice and healthy. You may consider tidying up that side of the ghouse with all the stuff. Insects can definitely nest around in that. Just fold everything and put it neat.

Love,
your mother
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL. Thanks Mom. :straightface:

Actually, around the 1st of August all that stuff will be out of there - just have to wait another week-ten days. I have a storage solution on the way.

Looking great PeeJay.

Happy early Birth (Bud) day BAR.

Flowering already! Great man! Great! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom