Perpetual Multi-Strain Indoor/Outdoor Grow

re: First Outdoor Grow, Blue Hawaiian Hybrid

Oh I miss the days of crazy stealth experiments. Ducksfoot was one of the most interesting. A selective breading for webbed leaves. I hope you are making some seeds with her. It could yield amazing results!

Looking good Rain Stacks!

There new home is very nice, I am sure they love it. + reps

Just keep on top of the mites and you will be fine. Lots of natural mite predators outside too. Maybe buy ladybugs if they seem to stick around.

Now the fun begins as they start showing their true colors with buds!

Subbed for the end!

Thanks for stopping by Crawdaddy; I am happy to hear these little buggers have natural predators, I watched mites decimate a couple beautiful mint plants. The insecticidal soap did not seem to work, but I probably did not get the undersides of the leaves in retrospect. I am relieved this little battle is over for now! I am so excited for true buds to start too :) I am just loving this whole process. It makes me feel like a kid really.

They looking real good rain, keep up the good work:thumb:
I'm here till the end also.

:rollit:

Hi Stealth! Thank's man I am doing my best, thank you for the support buddy!

Oh I miss the days of crazy stealth experiments. Ducksfoot was one of the most interesting. A selective breading for webbed leaves. I hope you are making some seeds with her. It could yield amazing results!

It is fascinating that you can almost see the 'seams' of where the separation in the fingers would be. I have noticed that the tops of the leaves look like mustaches. I do have about a dozen seeds in the fridge! I am not sure if you saw the pic, but the seeds I grew these from were very small and light green/tan in color. I believe they were somewhat immature, but I am not sure. I am going to try to let some of the small buds keep going after I harvest. I have read that with some strains if you just leave them long enough they will form male parts and self-pollinate, so I certainly want to try this. I might even re-veg after harvesting, but we will see how many plants I have by then. Thank you for stopping in.

:thumb::surf:

Happy Skunkday in the rain
happy skunkday Rain:thumb:

Alright a small update. The girls were looking a bit yellow especially on lower leaves. It looked like a deficiency to me, maybe N. I went to the hydro store and bought some FF Nutrients. I let some tap water sit in a large bucked and aerated it for 24 hrs before using. Then watered each plant with a half gallon of water with a normal dose of 'Grow Big'. The girls are all in 7 gallon buckets so this is just enough for a bit of water to drain out of the bottom. I noticed the next morning that the girls look much perkier, and when I tucked some leaves (to allow lower branches to get more direct light) that the petioles had more turgidity/stiffness than usual. Here are a few pics:

These are my pit mixes. These two are the most affectionate loving girls. They do a good job protecting my other ladies; except when my puppy digs them up!
8112013_008.jpg

:surf:

I like the wall cactus plants, that's cool. Oh yeah, your other plants are nice too. :)

Thank you Stealth! Your comment made me laugh(I am sober too), ah I needed that. I would say my succulents look good, my cannabis plants are average I would say. I am very happy with average for my first grow too. I can't wait to grow some other strains as well.

Hi Rain Stacks,

Just dropping in and subscribing as promised. Really cool wall hanging and lovely plants. You weren't kidding about the really unique structure of your girls leaves. Very interesting.

Re: First Outdoor Grow, Blue Hawaiian Hybrid

Hi Rain Stacks,

Just dropping in and subscribing as promised. Really cool wall hanging and lovely plants. You weren't kidding about the really unique structure of your girls leaves. Very interesting.

Welcome TanR, It is a pleasure to have you! Thank you so much for the compliment about the plants. I am learning so much from everyone here! I agree the leaf structure was puzzling to say the least. At first I thought I might have stumbled on some crazy mutation, but it has clearly been seen before. I tried to find out what the Blue Hawaiian was crossed with, but never did hear back from my friend. I will certainly try and hold on to these genetics. There were some very different phenos in this group, which is making it so fun to watch.

I hate ALL spiders. I know they have their benefits but I dont want em anywhere near me

You know how they say you eat 10 spiders a year in your sleep. I think this is bs. If you are 70 that means you have eaten 700 spiders? Don't you think you would wake up at least once? What do you hate about them? I think brown recluse and black widows are pretty scary, there are some that are even scarier in other parts of the world like Australia. I fear them, but also respect them.

I hate jumping spiders... but i do love the plants :D

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”-Yoda :peace:

I dont really know what it is I guess everything. I just have never liked spiders since bein a kid sleepin in basements with spiders everywhere.

I doubt that too but I have woke up with a foul taste in my mouth on a few occasions and wondered if that was the reason

That is so funny, I literally used to go into the basement just to play with spider! :rofl: I was that kid that would spend an hour watching a garden spider build a web. I would go back day after day and feed the same spider bugs to see how fat it would get. I even had pet tarantulas, scorpions, snakes, monitor lizards. I always loved that stuff so so much. It was always something of an escape for me as a kid :green_heart:

Ok time for some updates and pictures! :high-five::yummy::high-five::yummy::high-five::yummy::high-five::yummy::high-five::yummy::high-five::yummy:

It looks to me like all the plants are starting to even out in size. This glass table broke on that left side right where the pots are hanging over the cinder blocks. Amazingly they were both fine just a little dazed and a few leaves were torn a bit. I am just happy no stems snapped crackled or popped. Some of the rocks fell off the top and there were some nice healthy roots showing, so I was happy to see that. This was on the plant I will now call Tiger Lilly in the back left hand corner. I hope she's a she! Speaking of shes my smallest plant (although not by much now) also showed its female sex! Woo hoo! They seem a little bit greener to me since I started the supplemental feeding with oxygenated (via air stone) water and foliar feeding. I have only done this once so far.
8132013_012.jpg

It looks like the leaves are a bit of a deeper green, and waxier. I am biased what do you guys/gals think?
8132013_006.jpg

I know I'm not supposed to touch em, but I think I will have to learn the hard way, unless somebody wants to chime in on this? I would be curious to hear some thoughts :) Here is another pic of Tiger Lilly close up, is this growth pattern odd at all?
8132013_011.jpg

Three leaves per node, now I know that is not normal! I am thinking about taking this as a clone, well attempting to anyway. It would be fun to see how it grows as a whole plant, although the growth does not look 100% consistent on the whole stem.

8132013_009.jpg

8132013_010.jpg

:surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf:

Back
Top Bottom