Pirate Grows Pot

wow..thats something they dont warn you about back at camp...

I am using white sterofoam plates cut to size as suggested by my Hydro store. I bought some organic algea / mold killer. It removed the stuff on contact. Tonight I am making my little covers.

I am new to Hydroponics and still trying to get my nutes right. Would minor variations in the nutes that cause my lower leaves to yellow, or minor nute burn eventually cause my plants to HERM or turn male? My haet and humidity stay pretty constant. Ph is around 5.8 and PPM is hovering around 800.

I switched from Fox farms grow big to General Hydroponics 3 part mix. I found better results with the GH Mixes. I figure that the yellowing is due to Potassium difficiencies so I put a little more of that mix into the resevoir.

Will the yellowing leaves eventually recover or should I clip them off. Its just the very lowest sets on some of the plants. They are Yellowish/green. Lime.

Some are dying completely.

Again............am I creating Male plants?

Thanks

the yellowin of the leaves wont turn back to green, but you should check your new growths instead... and dont clip them off, your plant is still feeding of of them... they'll fall off on their own

Hey Thanks Endo.

The new growth is heathy and green. Even the lowest branch sites. It was just the oldest original early leaves that had the yellowing problem. They are all doing really good now. Except for my little problem a few days ago. But I think I got that fixed. I was not sure if those leaves were gonna suck energy from the rest of the plant.

I'll get some photos up a little later today.

:headbanger:

Can't wait to see the new pics

OK. These photos are a few days old. But it'll give ya an idae on how I'm doing. 2 days ago I transplanted to pots and upgraded my Hydro system. I built it from parts I got at HD. Anyway, Here are some photos for yur viewing pleasure:

10 days ago. Day 30,
DSCN1233.JPG

Same......10 days ago. They are way bigger today and I am waiting on photo approvals. The on ein the pot was iusolated form the Hydro to keep my nutrients out. I hand fed her for a few days. Now she is fine and in with the big girls.
DSCN1219.JPG

DSCN1228.JPG

DSCN1231.JPG

I think they are a bit small for 30 days but they are really filling in and look like they will be short and fat. Which is hwta I want anyway.

More when approved.

in total seriousness i havent heard of any problems on this site so far, but on a couple other very well known forums people HAVE been copped and busted for the information tied in with pictures they had posted, so everyone please very very wary of what you post and make for damn sure no pictures have your face in them because obviously the authorities can and do search through these forums just as easily as we do

Haha420. Thanks. I figure its a legitamate question. No? Anyway. Thanks for that. Any feedback saying what you did is good. And yes, being careful on faces and such is a good idea.

Thanks Again.:headbanger:

OK. Its time for a quick update. I am at day 42 today since I started the seeds. I've upgraded to a 400 watt MH fixture and also rebuilt my Hydro system using all parts from HD. Last Friday I took the rockwool cubes and planted them into 1.5 gallon pots. With the pots in the tray they get fed by flood and drain. The holes in the bottom of the pots allow the Nutrient solution in to the pot and eventually drain back out. I like it like this because I can move the pots around, take them out or whatever without having to deal with loose clay pellets.

Anyway, Here are a few photos as of day 41. I am running: a PH of 5.9, PPM of 880, Temp. is at 77/79 day and 67 to 70 at night. Humidity is low and I am working to get it up. Its at 36 to 38% even though I am pumping a gallon a day of water throught the Humidifier. Plants don't seem to know the difference thought. They are taking off nice with alot of growth everyday. There are turning into tight little bushes. To many leaves and nodes to count anymore. YIPPIE !!

Even though these photos were taken only 3 days ago................the shorter plants are already as tall as the tallest is in this photo. I have one that seems to be outgrowing the rest fast. I'll probably end up tying it down or even topping it later.

Family Shot: 4 Norther Lights, 5 White Widows.
DSCN1260.JPG

DSCN1259.JPG

DSCN1257.JPG

A few days ago I was worried about the leaf yellowing problem. I did my research and got it handled. I have switched from Fox Farms Grow Big to the 3 part General Hydroponics nutes. Along with GH misc fertalizers and supplements. I am way happier with the GH stuff since it allows more control over individual NPK mixes. Plus.................my babies are way happier too. I think It was a good move....................for me.

Here is a photo of the yellowing I was seeing. They are still yellow but it has not spread at all. The GH stuff helped me get it right. Out of 9 plants...............5 had some yellowing on the lower / older leaves. Like I said.........I got that fixed. (Potassium deficiency)

The yellowing:
DSCN1265.JPG

I've pretty much learned to just leave them alone now. I messed with them alot and probably slowed their growth at the beginning. Plus it helps that I have the nutes stabilized.............finally.

Till later.
Pirate :headbanger:

Thanks Guys. Yeah, they are doing really good. I'm happy. The White Widows are beginning to scare me. Thier strech is kicking in big time. I have a feeling I'm headed for some LST soon.

On all plants........NLs and WWs.........what spouts as little hairs of leaves at the top today will be full blown leaves by tomorrow.

Here are some photos of day #44 from seeds in box to now. These photos were taken today. I misspoke on an earlier post on the day #. Its actually #44 today.

This is White Widow #3. She (I hope its a she) is my fastest grower.

DSCN1275.JPG

Here are a couple Family shots.
DSCN1274.JPG

DSCN1273.JPG

Here is the top view of Northern Lights #1..........My fastest growing NL. This photo was taken Last night
DSCN1272.JPG

In keeping with the Sativa verses Indica growth characteristics............the WWs are outgrowing the NLs faster and are thinner and Taller. 40% Sativa. The NLs are getting very thick stems and are kind of short but looking like they'll be really bushy. 90% Indica. The NLs are dark green and the WWs are lighter green with thinner leaves.

Its a little early now but eventually I'll be looking for the right mamas for cloning so I can do a SCROG grow. I figure in another week or 10 days I'll be thinking about getting some cloning gear out.

Have a good night boys and girls.
:headbanger:

That helps big time UD. I was wondering what the stetch was gonna be. I have 42 inches of vertical space to work with. That leaves me 18 inches from the light so there is a little play in there. My goal is to shoot for a finish of 36 inches.

Flowered at 8 or 10? Shit. I'm at 7 now.

One plant was eight, the other was ten. I had a 600w on them. Tallest finished at 24 and produced a total dry weight of 30 grams.
The shorter plant was between the 600w and the 1000w and finished between 18 to 20 inches producing 38 grams dried weight.

Back
Top Bottom