Pirate Grows Pot

plants are looking really good man. can't wait to see the new room.

ps. thanks for posting late. i always love getting on here at night hoping somebody has some new pics up.

peace

great looking plants, Pirate! can't wait to see the flower room

I wouldn't worry about the purple, they look very healthy!

awesome plants dude...good luck with those other 4,,, have fun buildin up ur new room, i always like buildin shit after a nice joint...

Thanks everyone.

Yeah. I am really happy about the health of these girls. I just ordered 2 400 watt HPS / MH fixtures. Comes with 1 HPS lamp and 1 MH conversion grow lamp per fixture. That way I can veg as long as I want and simply swap bulbs when ready to flower. I'm gonna have 2 - 400 watt fixtures covering 8 square feet of grow space. (48" x 26") I went with the 400 watters so I could get them suckers really close. Right now I have my home built 400 watt MH fixture 8 inches away from the plants with no negative effects...........Like heat or leaf burn. I could of built some more fixtures from scratch but I figure my home made reflector probably isn't the most efficient thing out there. Besides.........the whole package for 2 fixtures, 4 ARGO lamps, 2 ballasts and 2 heavy duty timers was only $400 bucks, brand new. Gotta love ebay !!

For flower............I want as much light as I can get. So no more "homegrown" fixtures.

Later :headbanger:

Just read through the whole thread. Just wanted to say you're doing a great job and keep it up. I have grown several plants, but it was never anything fancy. Always CFL but I had acceptable results. You're making me want to do it again now. Anyway, keep it up. I'll be tuned in. Same pot time, same pot channel I assume? :Rasta:

Just read through the whole thread. Just wanted to say you're doing a great job and keep it up. I have grown several plants, but it was never anything fancy. Always CFL but I had acceptable results. You're making me want to do it again now. Anyway, keep it up. I'll be tuned in. Same pot time, same pot channel I assume? :Rasta:

Thanks Andrew. I felt the same way after reading through a bunch of grows on here. I must say.............it is a very satisfying hobby. I love seeing those babys grow everyday. Not to mention, in my mind, MJ is onbe of the most beautiful plants. And very unique as well. (in more ways than one)

Do it. Get a pot and a seed and watch it grow.

Later:headbanger:

Last night I changed out the resevior and upgraded the nutes to full doses for the first time since germination. After 24 hours and 6 feedings I am happy to report that................all is well and they are responding nicely. I will take some photos and get em up here tomorrow night.

I found another lady last night as well. That makes 6 females out of 9 total. Pretty good odds in my opinion. Every Northern lights seed was a female and they were not feminized seeds.

Nighty night.

congrats on the additional lady!! can't wait to see the new pics

Be careful about keeping the lights close, like I said earlier a ventilated hood or a cool tube would allow you to keep the lights close without burning.

Yikes............I'm growing fat ass bushes!!!!!

Today I set up for some cloning and will take em tomorrow morning. I'm gonna take clones and then move all the mothers into the flower room. I pretty much have an idea what plants I will want to clone over and over and ditch the rest. Eventually I'm looking for a SOG grow. Most of the plants are reaching for 13 or 14 inches and I need to get them flowering before I run out of room. I'll won't know which ones will be good for SOG until after flowering and scope out the yield. But like I said............I can already tell what plants are growing strait up and tight with lots of Nodes.

Anyway, Here are few photos for your viewing pleasure.

13 inches tall: All photos are from Day 54.
DSCN1319.JPG

DSCN1314.JPG

Canopy top
DSCN1318.JPG

And My Favorite photo of the batch. Thats right............ITS A GIRL !!
DSCN1316.JPG

Until we meet again.:headbanger:

Very very nice. They were a little small at first, but now look at them lol. Late bloomers is all :laughtwo: With 6 of those being girls already, looks like your yeild gonna be awsome to say the least, especially with that light power your getting. Lucky duck, I have another 400watt hps/mh ballast and a MH bulb just collecting dust, but im dont have a hood and im not ready for the electric bill hahahah.

Just checking in to say I'm still around and all is well. Been busy.

Its been quite q few days since my last update and I will do that Friday afternoon.

Anyone ever heard of "Snow Cap". Whats the strain?

Pirate:headbanger:

your grow is about a month ahead of mine so I've been keeping an eye on your journal. Nice set up. It's looking really good.

Were you able to take some clones yet?

Thanks all !!

I did take some clones but I took them from plants I already believe are males. PRACTICE. I never cut clones before. So far a few have rooted and I guess I am learning ytou cannot root a clone thatw a scutr mid branch that had no Nodes on it.

Anyway,
I will upload some photos tonight. I built my flower room this weekend a nd tonight at 7PM starts my 12/12 regiment. I may be in trouble though. Some plants are at 18 inches and wide. Looks like I may be tying them down in a month or so.

Another note: I got my medical MJ card last week so.................I'm Legal !! What a relief that is.:cheesygrinsmiley: It was really strange to drive up to the dispensary and purchase MJ right over the counter. Bought samples (grams) of 5 strains and 2 hash types.

Later:headbanger:

awesome dude!, i wish i had practiced on my males, im scared of cuttin my preety girtl... what are you talking about nodes? are you saying it wont work if only like one node thing?

awesome dude!, i wish i had practiced on my males, im scared of cuttin my preety girtl... what are you talking about nodes? are you saying it wont work if only like one node thing?

My Northern Lights plants have really long branches and the nodes are opposite each other verses staggered so I cannot cut a clone between 2 nodes. Its this way on every branch.

It was my understanding that you had to cut between 2 nodes and then shave off the the one left on the clone for roots to come out of.

An example:
The branch comes form main stalk and extends 4 inches before a set of nodes that are opposite each other (not staggered). Then extends another 4 inches where the end leafes are. So there is no "in between nodes" to cut. It is like that for every branch.

I have asked this question on several threads and noone has an answer. Soooo..........I am just going to cut and experiment and see what happens. But like you said..................I hate to cut my ladies and then find out I cut off bud sites that cannot be cloned. I just find it hard to believe that I am the first EVER to see this type of growth.

The White Widows are not like this. I can cut 10 clones each from those if I wanted to.

Asta for now:headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom