Pirate Grows Pot

I know what you're talking about how it branches off symmetrically. Most of mine are like that too. I would just cut off both of the opposite leaves and cut right below that at a 45 deg. angle.

Thanks Ganja,
Thats what I was wondering. I have read a shit load on cloning but I have not found anything on cloning "symmetrical" branches. (thats the name I couldn't remember for that type of branching)

I'll give it a whirl !! Hell whats the worst that could happen? 65 days of waiting to clone and have to restart from seeds...........right? LOL

:headbanger:

thanks much dudes, but is it really bad to cut from a clone because of the internodes being staggered? i dont quite understand step 4, whats the block thing they speak of? this is very good info, rep for both...

They are talking about using a small block of wood or something that you can use as a cutting board or support behind the branch you want to cut while its still on the plant. I suppose its a good idea but not necessary if your careful to get a nice clean cut without tearing the stem.

I believe the staggered branching is preferable for cloning but as I am beginning to see.............Not really required.

OK How about an update with some photos?

Today is Day # 65 total time from seed and day #1 of flower on White Widows. I am holding off on the Northern lights for about 10 more days to induce flowering. I am hoping the White widows will show absolutly what sex they are by then. I know for sure 1 is a ladie but the others look male. If they are male then I'll ditch them and add the Northen Lights into the flower room.

A note for anyone considering growing either White Widow or Northern Lights.
White Widows are growing tall and wide with long ass branching that spreads in all directions.
Northern Lights are growing strait up and all branching is growing strait up as well and barley exceeds the diameter of their 1.5 gallon pots. They look as though they will be just a big ass bud growing right out of the pot.

Ok. On with it.
White widows are now completeting day #1 of flower. I am probably gonna be in trouble here real soon since they are at 18 inches plus already.
12/12 schedule at 7am to 7pm lights on.
Temp= 80*day and 68* at night
Humidity = 50%
PPM= 1550 (all General Hydroponics Nutes) Its good shit since you can customize any configuration and dosage as needed)
PH=5.8 to 6.3 (I adjust almost daily) I start at 5.8 and within 2 days its up to 6.3 where I adjust it back to 5.8) If ya don't have a digital PH / PPM meter.............get one !! Its worth every penny.
Feeding every 3 hours during lights on.

I am using line "TRANSITION STAGE" of the General Hydro nute chart. You will need Adobe PDF reader to follow this link https://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GH_ExpertProgram_Recirculating.pdf

The flower room is 55 inches long x 30 inches wide. My Ebb and Flow tray is 24x 36 with a 20 gallon Resevior. Which happens to be a bit small but it fitts better and access to it is easier this way. I just have to maintain it more often. I'm going through at least a gallon and a half of water per day for each resivior and I have 2. One for Flower and one for Veg.

I am using a 400 watt HPS for flower. I have a second on its way form an ebay seller. That will give me 2 - 400 watt HPS for a 3x2 canopy area of flower. Plenty for now. Later I'm gonna spring for some 600s but my initial start up costs were up there so I had to settle for the cheaper lights.

Here are a few photos of the White Widows last night. This is before lights out at 7 pm. I am running my 12/12 schedule at 7am on to 7Pm off. This way I am using my AC in the day time anyway and can pump that cool air through the room AND........If I want to access the flower room when light are out..........I cannot during the day because of the sunlight. If lights are out all night and i want to play in the room oir check somthin out I can use my GREEN lamped fixtures set up in the grow room.

Am I ramblin???

K...........Photos.

5 White Widows
S5030378.JPG

Flower room
S5030374.JPG

S5030372.JPG

THis is my ventalation system. I took a huge ass fan from a customers trashed stove vent. Its really powerful. I installed it in the attic and added a speed control below. Ran the ducting into the flower room and then branched off to hit the Veg room as well. It works really good and helps to maintain the tempatures when the closet doors are shut. Before I had to keep the door open or it got way to hot inside.

Here is the venting system. The pipe going through the wall is the one venting the Veg room. I'll be adding a Carbon Can filter to this system soon.
S5030373.JPG

So there it is. Finally in flower. :cheesygrinsmiley: 60 or so more days and I'm smokin homegrown !!

More photos to follow of different stuff.

Pirate:headbanger:

Danm man, the girls grew. I like your flowering room

Tanks Mota !! Yes they are growng nicely.

Now I am a 6 foot 1 inch man with really big hands. That said for comparison reasons of the photo. (not to insinuate the size of .........um......never mind)
DSCN1336.JPG

great leaf pirate...wow

my wife always says....

You know what big hands mean?

u need big gloves, lol

How are you getting light to the other side of the plants on the left side of the photo? Are you turning them?

S5030372.JPG

dude can i have dibs on them 400w?s??? those plants lovve that light dude, Nice, i love the idea of HUGE budsticks.

BigFan......I do wear big gloves !!!!

Brett......I am turning them babies daily for now. I have another light that will be here any day now. Plus the backside of the door is mylar and that shines right on em when shut. So much so that the lower branches on the backside actually reach for the door where the light reflects from

Highlife........Yup. they do love the light. Every morning the are standing STRAIT UP and reaching for those lumens.

And yes the idea of some huge ass buds growing strait from the pot with no branching sounds nice. Reminds me of Cheech and Chong when they went to the Tye Stick Factory. Actually..........that is how the NOrthern Lights look like they are going to be. Hardley any branches. Just a big fat stem with tight nodes. Maybe if I tie them up I can make some Tye stick. 1 big fat bud........ 3 foot long x 4 inches thick.

HUUMMMMMMM..............I smell an experiment brewing !!

Pirate Out

Check this out. I got one at Home depot ofr 80 bucks but I just found this for 60. I use it to suck air into my Flower room. It kicks some serious ass. 3 speeds, can point in 4 directions, moves 300 feet per minute, well built and has 2 built in plugs on it that you can use for anything on the same timer as your exhuast fan. No I'm not a sales rep. Just passing along my hard earned ideas.
I keep it on low and it works great.
Blue Blower 3000 Compact Portable Blower - 3-Speed Order# BB 3000 www.TheToolWarehouse.Net

hey pirate, nice set up I can see you are quite technical and thats going to give you an edge in the long run .... hope you turn out some killer bud dooood:Rasta: !

419nready.............welcome to 420 !!

Thanks for the props.:headbanger:

i got confused, thought u were countin down till 420, welcome new member hopefully youll learn a bunch. ima toke some more,,,damn nausea

Just a random photo from 10 days ago.

She was put into the flower room 4 days ago.

White Widow
DSCN1322.JPG

i got confused, thought u were countin down till 420, welcome new member hopefully youll learn a bunch. ima toke some more,,,damn nausea

im ready i tell ya! lol thanks for the welcome... ill be wondering around here from now on so here :bongrip: dude take a toke or two and pass it on

hey pirate ... them trees looking lovely i can almost smell them

My plants have been in flower for 10 days. Tiny budds have just started to appear. I needed to revert back to veg for another 3 weeks due to a move. I don't want to move them while flowering.

Will reverting back to veg ruin them or cause them to turn hermy?

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom