Pirate Grows Pot

Hmmm........Good info. Were those Nirvana Seeds?

My Plan was to flower at 15 inches. (15 inches plus 150% growth to finish would be 37 inches at harvest). Just right. And if their gonna get bigger than that I'll just strapem down. LOL

Oh Yeah,
I have a 400 watt MH now and will swap it over to a 600 HPS at flower.

WHOO HOO.........I just got into the featured photos.

Now I feel like I have a home. :)

Holy Crap. I may have to rethink my strategy. What do you think you gonne get from her in grams?

Here's a little update:

Total Days from seed in mailbox is 49. Still in Vegetative mode. Looking to do some cloning in a few days on a few of the White Widows. As soon as clones root, I'll sex em. Pray-in for ladies.

DSCN1287.JPG

DSCN1290.JPG

DSCN1285.JPG

I think I discovered the secret to fast growth.
Lots a light, good nutes and the biggest secret is...............Consistency. I've learned that stability really goes a long way. Fluctuations in anything like Temp, PH, PPM, humidity, ect slows growth to a crawl.

I'm learning to spot problems as or before they happen and can catch them fast. A couple weeks ago, problems had to progress far before I knew what to do and many times it was almost to late.

We are growing about 1 inch per day. A lot of growth is in branches.

I just noticed a very slight Potasium deficiency tonight so I'm gonna go handle that asap.

Nighty Night. :)

Pirate:headbanger:

Just a little photo for kicks and giggles.
Cropped.JPG

This question has nothing to do with the photo.
If a plant has shown its sex while still in Veg, Do I need to flower it or can I keep it in a vegatative state?
I will know for sure in the next couple days but I believe I have 3 females. I see little white pistals. Out of 4 Northern Lights, 2 are showing female sex along with One White Widow. I think. The good thing is that all are some of the fastest and best looking plants I have. Good fortune has shown on me tonight.

If a plant is showing its sex, does that mean it will flower on it's own while in a 18/6 light regiment? They are a total of 49 days old.

Thanks,
Pirate

nice compact noding, gj they shall yield heavy, hope there all female :D

if a plant goes into flowering a few things could be happening, a. it has some characteristics of lowrider. i.e autoflowering. or it could be shock of some sort. or a. your lighting regimen got jacked up somewhere. but only one?? no way to keep a plant from flowering unless you stop it with the light cycle. that causes shock too.

Hey thanks Dank.

It must be some kind of Characteristic thing then because the lighting has never missed a beat. I am at 18/6 and that has never changed. The head scratcher is that both srains.......NLs and White Widows are showing preflowers.

I suppose I could change the lighting to 20/4 and see if that helps. Or maybe 24 hour days if need be.

So little white pistels definetly means that they will flower on their own? or does that mean they are ready to flower when I am ready to switch the lighting over? I suppose if they are auto flowering then they are no good as mother plants go Huh?

Thanks,
Pirate.

Never mind. I should have searched this site before asking. You all answered my questions long ago on other threads.

Again................great info and people.

Thanks. :headbanger:

Can anyone tell me why my stems are deep purple? Is that normal. Been that way since gemination day. The plants look totally healthy and are growing fast. I see pictures of other plants in books and on DVDs that the stems and main stalk is just strait green.

Mine are purple. Some are streaked with deep red or purple veins. Not the leaves. Just the stems. Problem??

Thanks
Pirate

How cool does the room get? Generally purple is caused by low temp in the grow room generally at night when the lights are off. Could be a genetic thing too. Generally not a problem, see what other people say though. I wouldn't panic from it though.

The tempature never gets below 65. And 65 would be a worst case senario.

I'm not rally stressed over it. I just am wondering if it signifys some sort of deficiency.

Anyone?

My buddy's are turning purple too, he said his temp is always between 65 and 75. That could be the case for you too.

Ive grow hundreds of plants with purple stems probley and never had a problem. But I cant remember what the cause was. Its been so long when I needed to know that now I dont. Man Im high.:peace:

DO NOT PANIC. A seedlings purple stem doesn't necessarily indicate an unhealthy plant. Please take the following possibilities into consideration:

1 - Purple Stems could be a result of that wonderful thing we call genetics, if this is the reason, you are to expect a purple stem throughout the life of the plant. It must be noted that purple stems aren't a dominant trait, and are rarely genetically induced.

2 - A baby sprout with a purple stem is almost always 100% natural. Young seedlings are still adjusting to their environment and may be slightly lacking in a Nutrient. If this is the case, healthy plants will regain their green/greenish-brown color within a few days to a week or two.

3 - If you have ruled out the possibilities of genetics and the seedlings adjustments to life, you should begin looking for a nutrient deficiency. Purple stems are commonly caused by a Phosphorous (P) or Magnesium deficiency, if there is a P deficiency you may also notice symptoms such as brittle leaves or greyish spots. To assist the uptake of Phosphorous (as well as most other nutes) you should ensure the pH is slightly acidic-- 6.0 will suffice.

purple stems is very common in the beginning stages of the plants life. I've had numerous plants with purple stems. It's usually nothing to worry about.

Copy and Paste is OK with me !! :cheesygrinsmiley:

OK. Update Time.
The photos below are from Today. Day #52. 5 of the plants have shown preflowers that are female. Thats 3 out of 4 Northern Lights and 2 out of 5 White Widows. The other 4 of 9 total plants is not yet known.

I am going to clone this weekend and prepare my Flower room. I should of had that doen alraedy but I didn't expect the plants to grow so fast the last 2 weeks. I'll post photos of my Flowrr room when its done. You'll like it.

DSCN1306.JPG

DSCN1302.JPG

DSCN1303.JPG

DSCN1300.JPG

ASTA
:headbanger:

Wow man nice looking plants healthy too looking foward to your flowering room

Back
Top Bottom