Pirate Grows Pot

OK Lets get this done. Here is the final update of the move and transplant that will bring us current. ALL PHOTOS ARE FROM LAST WEEK.

Phase 3 and final phase of move:

If you remember a few posts back, I left my clones in a GROCLONE machine and left to go get my last load from the old house. I did not return for 10 days. This is what I came back to.
DSCN1467.JPG

I knew I had to get these bad boys (girls) out of this cloner and into some sort of growing medium. I eventually want to get a couple AquaMist aeroponic growers. I needed to figure out how to make the transition from cloner to net pots, which the Aqua mist uses. I didn't want to use Clay pellets for support since it becomes a huge hassle once the roots get into them. I decided to transplant into 3x3x2.5 rockwool cubes.

I was concerned that I would have a problem separating the roots that had developed over the course of 14 days.

Here's the roots after 14 days in the Cloner: groClone.com Plant Propagation - Proven Results

DSCN1469.JPG

Now I have had ZERO cloning experience and I got a 100% success rate with this machine. It was very simple to use and took ten minutes to set up. It does not use a dome. 53 cuttings went in.........53 CLONES came out.

Like I said, I was concerned I would have a problem separating the roots. But that was not the case. They basically slid right out and separated themselves.

Here is a photo of the clone right as it came out:
DSCN1470.JPG

Next I had to transplant that into a rockwool cube. I soaked and then shredded several cubes to use as packing material around the roots and main stem for support.

Clone Ready for Rockwool
DSCN1474.JPG

Here we have the clone going into the 1.5 inch PREMADE hole in the 3x3x2.5 inch cube.
DSCN1473.JPG

Final Transplant, loose rockwool was used around roots and stem using a slightly tight packing yet loose enough not to crush the delicate roots:
DSCN1472.JPG

Here is a photo for kicks and giggles. Look at those roots !! This is a White Widow "Top"
DSCN1475.JPG

Once I cut a clones that had the correct # of nodes and looked like they were the best to cut............as an experiment I cut some that had No NODES to slice off. Contrary to whats been published, written or ad-viced, I found any cutting can be cloned. If I did cut one where there was no nodes than I would scrape the outer layer as well as split about 1/4 inch of the main stem down the center with a sharp razor. I do not have photos of that process. Next time.

Once I transplanted all clones into rockwool I needed to get them into their veg room. Now, I have a room that is 13 x 9 but has unfinished walls. It is open stud with no insulation or drywall. I am going to insulate and close up the walls air and light tight eventually. I'm gonna do it up right.

For now, I needed some sort of TEMPORARY room. I was gonna build one from 2x4s and drywall just to get them in a hydro and under lights but...........I found this Hydro Hut at my local hydro store that cost about the same as dry wall and wood and I set it up in less than 1 hour. I would highly recommend one of these. Very good quality and easy to set up. Steel frame, Tough canvas, ports for intake, exhaust, electrical, water tight flooring and premade reflective walls. Worth every penny of 200 bucks. Hydro Hut This is not where I bought is. This is just for your viewing pleasure.... Hydroponics : Hydroponic Online Store: IGS HydroHut Mini

Since I am going to be revamping the 13 x 9 room I needed to be able to move the Hydro Hut around with Tray, plants, resevior and all. I mounted wheels on the bottom of a 4 x 4 sheet of plywood and set the Hut on top of that. Now I can wheel they whole thing around so I can work in that room. LOL.......Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Here are a few photos of the final veg room:
DSCN1490.JPG

DSCN1493.JPG

DSCN1487.JPG

Climate in the room is 100% controllable. I am easily able to maintain Temp. Humidity.

Here's is that data:

Temperature = 75* steady
Humidity = 50 to 55% steady
PPM = 550
PH = 5.8 to 6.2... (I never go below or above those #s)

1 single 400 watt Metal Halide Light is on 24/7 until I am sure we have good root development into thew rockwool. Once I am sure that is good I will add 1 more 400 and switch lighting to 18/6. I am lowering the light each day until I am around 8 inches above the tops. I wanted to give them some time to get use to the 400 watt MH since they have been under florescent for the past month.

Anyway, there it is...............done..........Updated to present day.

I really hope you enjoy my grow show.

Pirate Out.

Looks like you need to get some man-sized latex gloves, haha. But seriously, awesome set up. :adore:

Why?................I'm a girl.

Just kidding. Actually its the camera angle. They are large size gloves but I want them a bit tight anyway (like a condom) so I can grab tiny plant parts without excess latex getting bunched up.

UPDATE:

Ye Haw !!

Just got my Ak-47, Ak-48, and Female Blueberry seeds.

I'm still around. All is cool and well.

After the recent move and starting a new job I've just been getting settled in. I built a new flower room and will have an update in the next couple days.

Hope you all have a good Memorial Weekend.

Pirate:headbanger:

Ok. I know this has been dragging on and on without a harvest but we are heading into a flowering for the second time. Remember back 2 months. I moved and had plants in flower. I reverted back to veg since I did not want to move 4 foot flowering plants.

Here is the update:
I built my flower room over Memorial Weekend. Working like a demon to get it done. The total flower room is 9 feet long by 7 feet wide. The final veg room will be 40 inches by 6 feet. There will also be an area for a sink, counter tops and cupboards for WORKING. It is built into the back end of a remote workshop on my property. The ceiling I installed is seven feet. I had 12 feet to work with but I only want 7 for flowering since I am going with a sea of green method and I'm gonna flower them short. 3 foot max at finish. I left myself 5 feet on top of the flower room for a seed starting, cloning, veging or storage area. We'll see how it works out later. The entire interior of the flower room is painted Titanium White. Walls, ceilings and floor. The floors are covered with a washable clear rubber runner and the there is a 4 foot tall strip of Mylar on the walls for total reflectivity.

I am running 1 - 400 watt Grolux Metal Halide for veg and 2- 400 watt Eyelux HPS for flower. I have 2 - 600 watt HPS in the mail. I actually got one yesterday. Just waiting on the second one. I'll be adding these in over the next weekend. I have to finish my venting because there is to much heat in the room. I insulated the whole room and sealed that mother air tight so I can control the enviroment and keep out them little PESTS. I am also shooting for a semi-sterile enviroment within the room. (yes I am a fanatic) But I love it)

Anyway, I've been looking for the perfect sea of green hydro units and I settled on the Aqua Mist #1 units after months of research. I bought my first one last week.

Here she is before I loaded the net pots.
DSCN1589.JPG

30 days ago I took my clones from the clone machine and transplanted into rockwool and a Hydro Table located in a Hydro Hut.

Here is what my original 2 to 4 inch clones look like after 30 days:
DSCN1586.JPG

DSCN1585.JPG

That is 51 clones. I started with 53 but 2 never took to the rockwool. I am transfering 32 plants to the Aquamist, 10 to another hydro unit I built and 9 are going to remain mothers for the next crop. (along with some seeds I germinated recently) (I'll get to that later) Maybe another thread to keep it simple)

Here is one of the clones after 30 days in Rockwool. 30 days ago this was 2 inches tall. All the YELLOW photos are from the HPS lights.
DSCN1594.JPG

Same Clone:
DSCN1595.JPG

This is what is left to act as mothers for the next crop.
DSCN15961.JPG

Here are the clones after being transfered to thje Aquamist.
DSCN1597.JPG

I wanted to let them settle into the new system before I induce 12/12 since they are coming from a watering regimine of 3 times a day to 24 hours a day. The Aquamist is an Aeroponic system that sprays a fine mist of oxygenated nutrient solution 24/7. Its only been 3 days and they are already getting some serious new root growth. Aeroponics is definatly the way to go IMO.

Here is a sneak peak into the grow room. Flowering Plants are on the left and Veging are on the right. 1 light tight zippered wall seperates the 2 rooms. In reality.............Flowring will begin this Friday the 1st of June. Looking for an August 1st Harvest. Give or take a few days.

Sneak Peak:
DSCN1602.JPG

I will bring these fuckers to harvest.

I promise.

Pirate Out !!:headbanger:

Pirate, what can I say, looking good.
Funny you got a hydrohut...I'm about to order
the 4x8x7. Which size do you have and how do
you like it so far?
Grow on

I only bought the hut for a temporary use. I got a 36 x36. Its actually 40 x40 outside demensions.

How do I like it? If I did not have the grow room area I have...........I would definatly go with a Hydro Hut. Very High quality. Easily controlled enviroment, Light tight, spill proof. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Get one. You'll love it. (I would suggest a HYDRO HUT and not the KNOCKOFF version.

And thank you for the props dude.

I would definatly go with a Hydro Hut. Very High quality.
Easily controlled enviroment, Light tight, spill proof. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Thats what I've been hearing...and seen some snow covered buds achieved in a hydrohut.
I'll be using the 4x8x7 for budding with (2) 600 watters and have another room for veg/clones.
Continuous growing...I cant wait to try out cloning!! I may purchase the 4x4x7 as well for the
clones/vegging, but that may be too small.

Anyway, lookin forward to your progess..!

looking fantastic man, really nice set up by the way. Can't wait to see a nice green harvest :allgood:

Continuous growing...I cant wait to try out cloning!! I may purchase the 4x4x7 as well for the
clones/vegging, but that may be too small...!

GC,
You only need one 3rd the Flower space for Veging. A 4 by 4 unit will certainly give you enough veging plants to fill your 4x8 flower room on a rotational basis. As far as clones go............they take up very little space. I had 53 clones and 100% rooted in a 24 x 12 inch space. Hell, any cubby hole works for that. Any small cupboard, closet shelf or whatever.

Thanks for the encouragment you guys. Sharing this endeavor with others makes it that much more fun. This freaking grow has been going on WAY TO LONG. Tomorrow I am swicthing to 12/12. I cannot wait to see what I can get from these bad boys. (girls)

I am amazed at the Northern Lights. They are litterally covered in crystals and are sticky as hell even though they are not even in flower yet. I have a feeling its gonna be some potent shit. Every time I leave my grow room I smell like fresh, sticky, gnarly ass buds.

Tonight I am germinating some more seeds. AK-47, Ak-48, MK-Ultra, Blueberry and Skunk. I have 4 seedlings going as well. 1 bag weed seed that is going outside in the dirt. (about 3 inches tall right now, Looking like an indica, No clue what strain) 1 Blueberry, 1 skunk and 1 NL x White Widow, each about 2 inches tall. I'll keep ya posted.

Have a great night !!:headbanger:

Thats what I was thinking Pirate. No need for another 4x4 hut, I'm
going to setup a veg/clone station with fluoros in another room.. :)
Thanks

Thats what I was thinking Pirate. No need for another 4x4 hut, I'm
going to setup a veg/clone station with fluoros in another room.. :)
Thanks

Of Course any extra grow space is always appreciated. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sounds like you have some plans swirling around in your head. Good for you.

Anyway, I just had my photos approved so I am gonna do an update in a little while.

Till Then.

Pirate Out :headbanger:

How about a quick update?

Today is 1 week into flower. The aquamist was definetly a wise investment. Unbelivable grow rates.

Here is a photo from Day #5 of flower. Go back a few posts and see Day 1. These things really filled in fast. The Northern Lights are already covered with little bud sites. Smelling skunky and covered in crystals.

The 16 Northern Lights are on the right and the 16 White Widows are on the left.
DSCN1640.JPG

This photo is 5 days of root growth in the Aquamist system. In other words........

5 days ago, NO roots were visable outside the net pot.
DSCN1645.JPG

Same plant. The nodes are very tight.
DSCN1646.JPG

The plants were starting to crowd each other out so I had to set up another Flood and Drain. I would prefer another Aquasmist but at 500 bucks each.............it'll have to wait. I built the Hydro set up for about 50 bucks.
Here is the 2 systems and an arial view of the flower room. I placed 6 white widow plants into the flood and drain system that I took from the Aeroponic to creat space and prevent shading the lower bud sites.

The Aquamist has 2 - 400 watt HPS and the Flood and drain has 1 - 600 watt HPS.
DSCN1648.JPG

Side By Side Shot:
DSCN1659.JPG

The flood and drain containg 6 White widows. I've since added 4 Northern Lights. I can squeeze Northern Lights into any space since they grow STRAIT UP. Hardly any side branching. Almost like a single bud stick growing right out of the pot.
(Heres 9 White Widows)
DSCN1647.JPG

White Widow Close Up
DSCN1654.JPG

Northern Lights. Almost a strait INDICA. Actually 95% Indica and 5% Sativa. Can't tell in the photo but the bigger leaf fingers are 1 1/2 inches wide.
DSCN1652.JPG

Next is 2 Flowering tables on the left and Mother plants in vegatative growth on the right. The Mothers are contained inside a 40 x 40 Hydro Hut that totally seals light out or in. The hydro Hut is on a completly different schedule than the flowering and has its own exhaust system. Both light systems come on at 6PM. But the flower lights go off at 6am while the mothers go off at 12 noon. If I want to work in the room at any time while lights are off I switch on 300 watts worth of GREEN light. Plenty of light to work with and the plants can't see it so it doesn't screw up their sleep.

2 flowering on left...........Veg on right.
DSCN1661.JPG

MOTHERS: 6 White Widow and 10 Northern Lights. (5 NLs have been moved to flower)
DSCN1643.JPG

Last night I took another set of clones. I will root them, veg them for 30 days and clone them before moving them to Flower. This way I'll get a prepetual harvest................every 30 days. When the first set is cut down the second set will be 30 days into flower. (prepeutal harvest / sea of green method)

Well, Thats it for now. Just playing the wait game till we start seeing some real buds develope. The sooner the better.

Thanks for the ratings guys. Appreciated !!

Pirate

Back
Top Bottom